Sonic Wild Fire for the Nintendo Wii

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB - 1138
For the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 there is Sonic the Hedgehog Full Speed (or something like that) but for the Nintendo Wii there is Sonic Wild Fire which takes full use of the motion sensors. Sonic (for the first time since Sonic CD) goes on the adventure without Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, or any other character. They're focusing more on speed then ever before. First revealed at E3 2006, Sonic Wild Fire is expected to be a launch title for the Nintendo Wii or a release for early 2007.

AstroFan
I have a feeling this game will be better than the Sonic game on PS3/360.

H. S. 6
Finally, a Sonic game going back to its roots.

Or, Adventure, at least.

Koala MeatPie
GAH as a TRUE sonic fan I say they should kill him off.
Anything past the Genesis was just crap. They killed The Sonic Franchise, raped Sally, Skined Miles, And stuck knuckle's head on a stick and it pisses me off each time a new "Sonic" game is released.

ESB - 1138
Not true. The handheld Sonic games (Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3 plus Sonic Rush) were so fun. They lived up to the Gensis Sonic. Sonic Wild Fire's gameplay looked great unlike Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. Plus for the first time in a long time Sonic is going solo. About time!!

AstroFan
I dont think any series should be killed off after a few bad games, because any series that was good once can be good again. Them making a bad game doesnt effect you, just dont play it.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by AstroFan
I dont think any series should be killed off after a few bad games, because any series that was good once can be good again. Them making a bad game doesnt effect you, just dont play it.

(To you and ESB) No, thats not what I mean't.

Sonic is one thing, He is... Sonic, he was created as a perfect Mirror to Mario. As soonas you cross the Sega line, he is not Sonic anymore.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
(To you and ESB) No, thats not what I mean't.

Sonic is one thing, He is... Sonic, he was created as a perfect Mirror to Mario. As soonas you cross the Sega line, he is not Sonic anymore.

Well that's a pretty narrow-minded view. Just because Sonic is a character of Nintendo, he isn't Sonic anymore?

BackFire
There was a good sonic game for the dreamcast.

ESB - 1138
Sonic is Sonic there is no doubt about that. It's just the Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) had terrible camera angels, no lock-on making guns useless, a horrible story, 10 different endings that are useless, and 1 super ending that doesn't answer anything.

I don't care who you replaced Shadow with in that game it would still suck. But Sonic Wild Fire looks so good. They're focusing more on speed then anything else.

AstroFan
Just look at the Sonic games on GBA and the DS, those are as good as any Sonic games there are.

ESB - 1138
Just cross your fingers with this one. If this Sonic game sucks Sonic Team needs to stop making Sonic console games and stick to handhelds.

Koala MeatPie
Well you don't see it from my point of view thats all.

ESB - 1138
Sega is dead as a console but it's still Sega like no matter what console Namco is Namco is Namco.

MadMel
hmm true..any video for this game??

ESB - 1138
None that I know of at the moment. In fact no one I know heard about Sonic coming out for the Wii until E3 2006 showed the game play.

AstroFan
I saw footage on G4.

MadMel
hmm, ok then

Red Superfly
Good move with just having Sonic as the character.

I'm getting sick of the Sonic franchise as it currently stands.

Sonic Rush on the DS was great, but it made me play as some shitty female fox/rabbit/mutant who had shitty ballerina moves and was obviously designed by a retarded Barbie fan. Hrm Supersonic Blue Spinning Blade Motherf*cker Hedgehog? or Lame Bitchface Pink Freak?

They haven't designed a character as cool as Sonic, so what was the point in all those characters? Especially Shadow. I hope he becomes roadkill.

It's still a good game, and proof that Sonic isn't dead somewhere. A shifting of priorities and focus is all that the franchise needs. It looks as though the Wii Sonic is focussing on the right things.

SaTsuJiN
I really liked the idea of Sonic R ...just simple running.. none of the hoverboard crap, or stupid made up vehicles... great music too.. unfortunately saturn didnt really have the power to give the game the feeling of speed it needed..

MadMel
the sonic characters i grew up with were sonic, tails, knuckles and robotnik, aka eggman..BTW i h8 the name eggman..robotnik was better..

SaTsuJiN
Yeah robotnik is better... as for sonic wildfire.. it dont look too good / fun... all you have control over is Jump - stop - strafe... then you shake the controller for a dash

MadMel
blink...not my cuppa tea then..

IcePunk
Would anyone like to post a link to a trailer or some pics?

....I'm lazy embarrasment

InnerRise
Has anybody gotten the Cell Phone Sonic Game and if so what do you think of it.

is it comprehensible.....

ESB - 1138
Cell phone Sonic game? What is it one of the old gamegear Sonic games or is it new?

Tekno Boy
I actually liked those Sonic games, but I'm probably just a true blue Sonic fan, excuse the pun. You're right though, they weren't as good as the old Sonic games, although Sonic Adventure was probably the best of those four games. And you also right about the GBA games, they follow the classic Sonic formula and they're pretty good. Maybe they're trying to make Sonic too much like Mario......or maybe not enough.

So, any videos or screenshots or pictures made by fans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.