Rainbow Six Vegas (xbox360)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
check it out:
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/3204/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Six-Vegas-E3-Demo-Footage/

looks pretty damn sweet!
(realtime gameplay footage from e3)

PVS
correction: although this footage is xbox360 it will be on all nextgen consoles from what the announcer says.

AstroFan
Ive always hated the R6 series on XBOX, but unfortunatly everyone on my friends list loves it. erm

PVS
i hated them to, but this seems pretty atypical of them, dont you think?
reminds me more of splinter cell.

Spartan005
Wow... this game looks ridiculously cool cool

Smasandian
It's much better on the PC, the PC version are more realistic.

But it does look pretty sweet though, especially like how it looks like GRAW, but in Vegas. ( I know its the same company)

PVS
its like graw and splinter cell got it on and had a baby big grin

BackFire
I wasn't a big fan of the other Rainbow Six games, but from what I've read about this one they're fixing a lot of the things I didn't like. It looks good so far.

AstroFan
Originally posted by PVS
its like graw and splinter cell got it on and had a baby big grin

Only GRAW and SC are related and the baby is all ****ed up. blink

PVS
Originally posted by AstroFan
Only GRAW and SC are related and the baby is all ****ed up. blink

did you even watch the video ast?

AstroFan
No, I read about it in GI a while back.

forumcrew
this looks like if it was out now, it would be the best 360 game to date.

BackFire
Good lord...those graphics are jaw dropping. Some framerate issues at some points, but hopefully they will smooth that out in the next few months.

Looks good.

Spartan005
I think this game might actually look better than Gears of War eek!

PVS
well as far as graphics go i am SOLD>
so long as they set up the controls properly we could very well
have the next 'killer app' right here.

Smasandian
I'm hoping the fix the brain dead AI for the teammates.

GRAQ teammate AI is awful.

forumcrew
the tagging system seems to be a way to go around bad AI, by giving them specific targets

IcePunk
This looks friggin nice

Koala MeatPie
For A Second there I was thinking "Aw great, a helicopter Shot meaning far off buildings in something thta vagly resembles- KICK ASS Gamming has finally acheived soemthing graphics wise!"

Close up interiors is something, Outdoors is something else.

BackFire
Yeah, I thought the helicopter segment was realworld footage for a second when it first started.

PVS
yeah, i was thinking "oh great, more prerendered animation which tells me absolutely nothing about gameplay". then when they jumped onto the roof and the HUD switched on...it was love

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone played the Demo yet? I thinks is available at XBL. I saw the disc on the XBM issue for the month of Dec.

Spartan005
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Anyone played the Demo yet? I thinks is available at XBL. I saw the disc on the XBM issue for the month of Dec.

Uhh... my Xbox live isn't working, and my OXM didn't get here yet... and it usually comes at least a couple days before they hit the stores.

BackFire
There is only a UK and Japanese demo out, no america one.

But it's easy to make a UK account and get the demo, which I just did, am downloading it now.

BackFire
Got the demo, playing it. So far so good, amazing graphics, gameplay seems very good, very similar to Ghost Recon, in fact, almost identical, but that's no bad thing.

Definitely looks like a winner.

WrathfulDwarf
I was at Borders yesteday and saw the OXM with the demo disc. I was tempted to buy it and try it. But I had to pass it.

How's the controllers BF...smooth or ackwards?

AstroFan
Originally posted by BackFire
Got the demo, playing it. So far so good, amazing graphics, gameplay seems very good, very similar to Ghost Recon, in fact, almost identical, but that's no bad thing.

Definitely looks like a winner.

Is it more like GRAW or the R6 games on XBOX?

Because I hated those R6 games.

BackFire
Never played them, I dunno.

It is very similar to GRAW, though. Just in a first person perspective rather than third.

J-Beowulf
Got the demo from OXM.

This game is absolutely incredible. I have nothing bad to say about it, except for one freeze, but other than that it is perfect. The cover system is perfect: hold the left trigger by any cover and you put your back to it. Pull the right trigger to blind fire around a corner (or over a short wall/through a window) or hit the b button without aiming to throw a grenade around the corner, exposing very little of yourself.

When you go into cover under a window, aim up and hit the right trigger and he (very reslistically) reaches up and smashed the window with his gun, leaving a nice sized hole to shoot out of, but not completely smashing it.

Simply aim at a door and hit A and your team stacks against it, and a little option menu in the shape of your D-Pad pops up on the lower left. Aim at the bottom of the door and hit A to use the snake camera and select priority targets, move to another door (if there is one) and order your team to flash and clear/frag and clear/clear the room. They will shoot the targets you labeled with the BACK button, and you concentrate on any others. This whole process, when you get good, takes less than 10 seconds, room clearing included.

Hit A at a hook on a railing to rappell, and order your teammates to do the same by hitting the DOWN button on the D-Pad. You can also use right/left on the D-Pad to tell them to go up or down. Click the left thumbstick to go inverted, or jump over a window and hit A to bust through it, SWAT style big grin.

This 15 minute long demo absolutely put this game on my must-have list. Graphics are beautiful, gameplay is intense and tactical, yet still very fluid and easy to learn. Controls are fantastic, and the new cover system will revolutionize how this game is played. Seriously, if you're into shooting games, pick this up!

AstroFan
Originally posted by BackFire
Never played them, I dunno.

It is very similar to GRAW, though. Just in a first person perspective rather than third.

Ok sweet. Thanks.

The old R6 games were to arcadey compared to GRAW.

J-Beowulf
Ok sweet. Thanks.

To each his own I guess...

But trust me, this one is just as intense as GRAW, but a FPS (mostly).

BackFire
I was at Borders yesteday and saw the OXM with the demo disc. I was tempted to buy it and try it. But I had to pass it.

How's the controllers BF...smooth or ackwards?

Controls seem solid, no problems at all.

The game gets a little choppy at times, but that's about teh only negative I see in the game so far.

WrathfulDwarf
First review coming in...

Got a 9.3 from IGN (which is only .1 less than they gave GoW)

They're calling it the best FPS for the 360 so far.

Smasandian
Ok sweet. Thanks.

Are you kidding me?

The old Rainbow 6 games on the PC were the barometer for realistic FPS's.

Only Rainbow Six:Lockdown for the XBOX was arcadey.

PVS
anyone buy this game yet? played a couple of hours on multiplayer and i think its frikin awesome. tied with gow as far as im concerned.

Spartan005
Yeah I played the multiplayer too with Beowulf and it was pretty insane... especially with the whole character customization thing. And it was really weird how the OXM only gave it an 8.5 I was like WTF? The only problem they had with it was that some of the levels seemed unbalanced in difficulty... but seriously who cares?

Superboy Prime
I bought this game. It's sweet. you can even use your vision camera to map your face into the character you're creating. The controls is fine and the graphics are impressive. Not GOW outstanding or COD3 pretty, but they are very good. The gameplay on the other hand is top notch. I'll continue my campaign run soon since last night I played stoned and I got my ass shot left and right.

forumcrew
First review coming in...

Got a 9.3 from IGN (which is only .1 less than they gave GoW)

They're calling it the best FPS for the 360 so far.

vegas far superior to to GoW as far as game play.

AstroFan
Originally posted by PVS
anyone buy this game yet? played a couple of hours on multiplayer and i think its frikin awesome. tied with gow as far as im concerned.

Rented this morning along with Madden Wii.

I created a character using the vision camera. blink

PVS
comparing vegas to gow=comparing an apple to an orange

Superboy Prime
No need to compare/argue which one's better...just get both. smile

K73SK
i played the demo...graphics r really great, but the gameplay...bah i'm not buying it, i was really looking forward to it too cry

and yes i played the multiplayer so dont bother asking..

Smasandian
Whats wrong with the gameplay?

I'm loving it. I'm glad they went this route instead of the old Rainbow 6 games. It was way to realistic with the whole planning stages. I never did it because it was too confusing.

I like this way where you command on the spot instead of planning stages because you know thats what happens in the field.

Superboy Prime
The game is perfect for both. The former Special Ops operatives and the Halo 2 l33t. I love this game specially it's 4 player co-op.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Smasandian
Whats wrong with the gameplay?

I'm loving it. I'm glad they went this route instead of the old Rainbow 6 games. It was way to realistic with the whole planning stages. I never did it because it was too confusing.

I like this way where you command on the spot instead of planning stages because you know thats what happens in the field.

Yeah I have to agree that I thought the gameplay was great in the multiplayer demo, especially with the whole transition between 1st and 3rd person perspectives. If you don't like it then obviously strategy - type shooters aren't for you because this is by far one of the best (next to gears of war which I have yet to try)

Superboy Prime
This takes more strategy than GOW though.

Smasandian
Yeah it does.

But thats Rainbow 6. Its all about strategy. GoW is all about cinematics and style.

Im really liking this game. It's more of an enjoyable game because its not just abot breaching into rooms, but also has scripted events, which is all different than most Rainbow 6 games. It's more entertaining.

PVS
HA!!! check this out.
video of face mapping with the live cam

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/11/30/vegas-face-mapping-and-you-a-video/

AstroFan
Yeah, I did that, only normal. lol

Smasandian
How do you face map?

I love this game. Multiplayer is awesome.

PVS
you need the xbox camera

Smasandian
Cool.

Really no point of buying that.

Superboy Prime
Anyone else stuck at the end of Dante's theater?

****SPOILERS****

Where you have to DL some files and all hell breaks loose. The computer always gets trashed no matter what I do. Any tips? Share the pain!

Smasandian
Pretty much send the guy to the box without the turret gun and you take hold of the turret gun.

Pretty much take care of everybody with limited bursts, and if you get shot to the point of being dazed, hit LT to go into cover until you get better.

Other than that, use heat vision when they smoke and remember that both waves can different times.

Watch out though, after its all done, you go up the ladder on the catwalk, and two guys pop out, and then afterwords, a guy walks down the stairs past the door. Trust me, I told you this because I died and had to do the whole thing over again.

Superboy Prime
I just did it. What I did was I ordered one of them to get up the ladders in it while I stayed to the box to the left(no turret). In that position he was a beast. I also found out an equipment crate right before the checkpoint were you can change your equipment. I took a powerful Sniper Rifle & restocked on smoke grenades(for the squadmate in the comp) and flashbangs to disorient terrorists.

But thanks for the tip.

Smasandian
Hmm....never thought of that.

It's funny on how each setpiece is like that....superhard for the first couple of times, and then when you beat it....it was like the easiest thing to do.

PVS
found these at the xbox live forum laughing out loud

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4130/mjjm8.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6923/ojmz4.jpg

PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Pug72/03122006034Small.jpg

christopher walken laughing out loud
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Pug72/03122006034Small.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/DFFX/Vr6.jpg

Superboy Prime
Shit man Maul looks sleek!!

ROFL I'd love to shoot MJ a thousand times.

IceJaw
Originally posted by PVS
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4130/mjjm8.jpg

hysterical

Smasandian
This game is really fun, but sometimes, where the developers put checkpoints is pretty annoying....actually throwing the controller annoying.

Spoilers.

Im near the secret lab, at the part where you take hold of the turret, and theres a bunch of guys in this room, and it has alot of trucks in it...(this is after you meet up with that guy).......anyways, the first part is pretty damn hard, you can only move the turret completly to the right, but not at all to the left.....so its hard to kill those guys...and the end up well, getting behind you from hallway...anyways,, its hard, but beatable...so I beat it.

Then theres another room competly in darkness, and filled with about 4 guys. so i flash and enter...and my guys get compleltely ****ed up...so i enter.. well lets say i get grenaded to death...well if thats not enough, the darkness and the constent stream of grenades, well its one of the rooms in this game that gets like 3-4 row of reinforcements....

Thats not my problem...i dont mind dying alot ...but the problem is that there should be a ****ing save point just before the second room...its bullshit.

Superboy Prime
If I were you I wouldn't use the turrets. I never used them. Why don't you try using your squadmates as bait? That's what I always did. After a while the only hard times were when you're downloading/hacking stuff and you have to fend off a dozen+ terrorists while making sure they don't destroy the terminals.

Smasandian
THe problem is though, its an huge room with barely any cover and if there is, the problem is that they'res guys coming three different ways, kinda making it hard cover.

and the room that has the turret seems the only place where your back is protected, but the room is kinda of crescent shape windown at the front where you would get cover, but well.....an terrorist could easily just shoot you in the back,

PVS
here they have the same celebrity face mappings plus a couple more:
http://gamedesign.kotaku.com/gaming/celebrity/celebrity-r6-vegas-faces-219886.php

i think christopher walken is the winner

El_NINO
I was playing the demo the other day and I found it a bit hard to get the aim right so I never actually hit anybody while shooting. Looks alright but the controls seem clunky to me, maybe its just because of the demo. I will propably rent it before I decide to buy it.

Deano
im gonna be getting it soon...and i want to kick all yo asses online..especially yours pvsbig grin

J-Beowulf
This game is amazing, online and off.

Smasandian
Originally posted by El_NINO
I was playing the demo the other day and I found it a bit hard to get the aim right so I never actually hit anybody while shooting. Looks alright but the controls seem clunky to me, maybe its just because of the demo. I will propably rent it before I decide to buy it.

I thought the game has one of the best control in any game. It's soo easy to shoot people...aside from the whole accuracy thing (you know the realism of the game)

PVS
Originally posted by Deano
im gonna be getting it soon...and i want to kick all yo asses online..especially yours pvsbig grin

what? deano, dont you know that these fps games are developed with federal guidance and funding, to train the future soldiers of the n.w.o.?

WrathfulDwarf
It's official for me. I'm getting this game for Christmas. Very much looking forward to playing.

Smasandian
Originally posted by PVS
what? deano, dont you know that these fps games are developed with federal guidance and funding, to train the future soldiers of the n.w.o.?

What!!

You mean the guys from that wrestling show?

PVS
What!!

You mean the guys from that wrestling show?

no no no (at least i dont think so, however it does seem that hulk hogan is finding it very difficult to maintain his human form as of recent)

Smasandian
You mean Sting wont come for vengence.....and the mighty Eric Bischoff (sp)

General G
HELP!!!

I just got this game and I am at the water dam and you have to defend your guy while he opens a water gate (maybe?). The terrorists come from in front and behind, but I always either kill the ones in the back and start killing the ones in the front and either I die or the other guy dies! Can someone help me with this please?

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by General G
HELP!!!

I just got this game and I am at the water dam and you have to defend your guy while he opens a water gate (maybe?). The terrorists come from in front and behind, but I always either kill the ones in the back and start killing the ones in the front and either I die or the other guy dies! Can someone help me with this please?

Have your remaining squadmate fight the guys coming in front and you take care of the 2/3 guys coming from behind. Then concentrate on the terrorists coming from the frontline.

What weapons are you using? The FAMAS & MP7 are very good. Do you use the burst options for your weapon? Makes you save more ammo and gives you more accuracy. Also if you are using silencers your weapons will lose stopping power.

By the way grenades are your best friend in R6. If they are somehow killing the guy opening the water gate(which I doubt is the case because it never happened to me) throw a smoke grenade where he is and he will be safe from fire until the smoke clears. If not just take cover and whenever you see 2 or more terrorists together throw a frag or incendiary grenade in there.

ragesRemorse
i thought this game was a bad version of ghost recon 2

Smasandian
OK?

I thought it was a completely different game.

Awesome cover system that makes GRAW's look old, intelligent enemies and some amazing set pieces. Really liked the area where you crash through the roof between an bunch of guys and then in the distance an building blows up throwing globes of fire everywhere. Wicked game.

General G
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Have your remaining squadmate fight the guys coming in front and you take care of the 2/3 guys coming from behind. Then concentrate on the terrorists coming from the frontline.

What weapons are you using? The FAMAS & MP7 are very good. Do you use the burst options for your weapon? Makes you save more ammo and gives you more accuracy. Also if you are using silencers your weapons will lose stopping power.

By the way grenades are your best friend in R6. If they are somehow killing the guy opening the water gate(which I doubt is the case because it never happened to me) throw a smoke grenade where he is and he will be safe from fire until the smoke clears. If not just take cover and whenever you see 2 or more terrorists together throw a frag or incendiary grenade in there.

I can always stay alive, it is Michael (or Jung, whichever opens the water gate) that gets killed, one shot and he is pretty much dead...

I either use the single shot or the automatic mode for fire, I have never used the burst.I only use the silencer when I am about to open doors to be sneaky.

And by the time I end up finishing off the guys in the back (I will either throw a grenade or shoot them), I will come up and attack the remaining guys in the front, but every time I get there, he dies right away...This part will be hell on realistic difficulty...

Superboy Prime
It's a bit tough, but I'm not really sure why you're having so much trouble. I beat it on realistic and didn't have so much trouble with it. If it's the guy opening the water gate that dies just keep him safe by making sure he's surrounded by smoke. What scopes do you use for your weapons?

General G
I don't have any smoke grenades, I use frags and breaching charges...for my sniper I have a 6x and a 12x scope, and for my FAMAS, I just have the normal rifle scope.

Phat J
so is this game better than ghost recon?

Smasandian
Umm.....they're kinda of different games.

Ghost Recon is all about open combat, moving vechicles and setting up drones and stuff while Rainbow 6 is all about close quarters combat and throwing flash grenades, setting up charges, and assaulting doors.

I liked Rainbow 6 alot better than GRAW, and the level with the staircases and having terrorists shooting from above and below was intense.

GRAW is like Platoon, while Vegas is like 24.

Phat J
never seen either of those, but i actually want to see platoon. they're different eh, i figured they'd be a lot alike. im going to buy one of them for sure if not both, but i dont really want to waste the 70 bucks if im only going to really be playing one. im talking about graw 2 by the way, graw 1 is dope it game with the box. still gotta beat that shit.

Smasandian
I dont know, if you havnt beat GRAW, then try out Rainbow 6.

It's pretty intense.

General G
Originally posted by Phat J
so is this game better than ghost recon?

A lot better in my opinion

I got GRAW with the 360 system, so it was pretty much the only shooter I had, so I tried it out, I really don't like the controls, it feels sloppy and I can never quite figure it out...

Oh, and I beat that part in Spillways in Rainbow Six! Finally! big grin

Vinny Valentine
I own GRAW for my 360, and I don't really like it online.

This game however, is superb online. I spent hours plying just the multi player Demo.

Smasandian

I got GRAW with the 360 system, so it was pretty much the only shooter I had, so I tried it out, I really don't like the controls, it feels sloppy and I can never quite figure it out...

Good.

I actually havnt beaten this game.....I always get suck in this part after the spillways.

Phat J

theres a lot to figure out in the controls but there is no sloppiness whatsoever when you do. it'll take you like a half hour to figure out and its worth it because the single player is great.

i dont know, i think i might just rent both this and graw 2 or buy them both im not sure yet.

General G
Good.

I actually havnt beaten this game.....I always get suck in this part after the spillways.

I just beat it, now I am doing Realistic.

What part? I don't remember too many hard parts after the the one I have been talking about...

theres a lot to figure out in the controls but there is no sloppiness whatsoever when you do. it'll take you like a half hour to figure out and its worth it because the single player is great.

i dont know, i think i might just rent both this and graw 2 or buy them both im not sure yet.

I tried figuring them out, but I always press the "y" button to switch weapons for almost every other game and it is annoying when you can't in this (you can in Rainbow 6) and you have to hold "B" (maybe something else?) and then select your weapon. I also didn't like the way he moved...

Superboy Prime
Nice@playing on realistic now. Good luck with that.

Nice thing about the realistic achievement is that you actually feel rewarded and a legend after beating it. LoL.

*Remembers when he bragged about being a Rainbow Six Legend 3 months ago*

LoL My friends wanted to kill me.

Anyways.

Good luck.

Phat J

I tried figuring them out, but I always press the "y" button to switch weapons for almost every other game and it is annoying when you can't in this (you can in Rainbow 6) and you have to hold "B" (maybe something else?) and then select your weapon. I also didn't like the way he moved...
not every game is the exact same man, no offense but that is a pretty bullshit excuse to not like a game. "oh, it wasnt the exact same as every other game ive played so i didnt like it." that sounded a little more hostile than it was intended to be but still, give it a half hour and you'll get used to it. you could always just go into the configuration and change it to rainbow six style.

General G
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Nice@playing on realistic now. Good luck with that.

Nice thing about the realistic achievement is that you actually feel rewarded and a legend after beating it. LoL.

*Remembers when he bragged about being a Rainbow Six Legend 3 months ago*

LoL My friends wanted to kill me.

Anyways.

Good luck.

I have been playing it on Realistic non-stop now, and it is sooo much better, I even got to the spillways part and did it in ONE try! i used the smoke and frag grenades, i put a smoke beside the guy and threw frags at the people from behind and just started sniping, it worked extremely well! I am on the last part where you have to stop the missile from launching to Las Vegas.

not every game is the exact same man, no offense but that is a pretty bullshit excuse to not like a game. "oh, it wasnt the exact same as every other game ive played so i didnt like it." that sounded a little more hostile than it was intended to be but still, give it a half hour and you'll get used to it. you could always just go into the configuration and change it to rainbow six style.

I realise that not every game is the same, I am just saying it is hard to get used to the new controls, and I also just don't like the whole idea of holding "B" to switch your weapons...

LÉONpro2007
I'm obsessed with this game!!!

too bad i don't have a 360, bcuz i always use my boyfriend so i can play his. sad

sly big grin

General G
I am kinda annoyed right now, I thought Realistic was too easy the whole time I was playing the campaign...then when I beat it, I didn't get the achievement for it...and it turns out, I tried a few things, that every time I start a campaign, even if it is on realistic, and then save and quit, and I go to reload last checkpoint, it automatically for some reason put it onto normal!

AstroFan

General G
I have almost beaten the third level on Realistic, it is sooo much fun, although the one part I spent a lot of time on...

General G
Middle of level 5 on Realistic big grin

General G
Last level on Realistic!

General G
Rainbow Six Legend raver

Schecter
new maps are available for download. costs 800pts at the marketplace. imho the redux of kill house makes it worth it. they put back doors in the 2 big buildings and you spawn inside so its not likely you'll get spawncamped. the new maps are pretty cool.

General G
I haven't played this on live in a bit, I should some time, do you need the maps to play it?

Schecter
i would suggest downloading them as im sure it will get tiresome having to leave lobby after lobby because the host wants to play one of the new ones. with that said, im certain they cant get away with making all online play unavailable to those who dont buy the maps....i dont even think that would be legal, would it?

General G
I am pretty sure they did that with Halo 2.

AstroFan
No, they just made the matchmaking need the maps, you could still play custom games.

General G
Oh, my bad, how would people join the custom games off of xbox live, do they need invites, or do they search a game and it comes up...or? Sorry for my lack of knowing...

AstroFan
Custom games are basically just with friends, something I hope is changed in H3.

General G
So they are invite only?

If so, I hope that is changed as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.