OT Palpatine vs RotS Yoda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Razielim
Force fight.

Setting is the Tatooine desert.

Hokage Yoda
In the OT Sids will most likely lose because all he has is Lightning which Yoda will Deflect.

Xepeyon
Sidious. Youa couldn't reflect in RotS....sooooo, how could he do it now?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Xepeyon
Um... did we watch the same movie?

Hokage Yoda
Yes he Could The only reason he lost was because of lack of a Railing
P.S. STFU

Deception

He couldn't reflect? Oh ye, Yoda blocking Sidious's lightning in the Senate Chamber is really proof he cant reflect it.

Did you even watch the movie?

Xepeyon
If railing was an issue, he could have found better ground. No one is dumb enough to fight in a way they know they're going to lose. The Force Surge and the explosive shockwave that followed is the reason he lost,(along with Sidious blasting away his lightsaber) not so much the terrian.

As for Jonathan Mark, sorry for the misunderstanding. He blocked it, but I was reffering to the fact that he couldn't hold it - or blast it back, like he did Tyrannus'.

Hokage Yoda
He did Thats Why their was that wave that pushed Both opponents back

jollyjim311
He couldn't redirect it, is what he is trying to say.

Captain REX
Yoda can reflect lightning, it's just that the power condensed by Palpatine pouring in more power and Yoda trying to push it all back made that ball of lightning rupture and blow them both apart. Yoda, being lighter in weight and smaller in size, went farther and couldn't get a good grip, and so fell.

I think they would still be relatively equal, but Sidious is the one that's been actively improving his power for the past twenty years. Yoda has only learned the ghost trick, from what we know.

Council#13
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
Yes he Could The only reason he lost was because of lack of a Railing
P.S. STFU

Um... are you talking to Jonathan Mark? Because if you are.... boxing

DarthMaul9123
do you even know that sids and yoda's combined power blew them off the platform not soley sids power

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Council#13

darthsith19
I say Palpatine. The Force is the only reason he beat ROTS Yoda and he's only grown stronger as far as the Force goes.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Council#13

No Its to Xepeyon

DePWNZOR
Yoda. Sidious is nearly 100 years old at the time of this, and is probably very frail. Yoda's knolwedge of the force is still far superior, and his lightsaber skils>>>>>>>>>Sidious's. Yoda takes this.

Hokage Yoda
Exactly Sids did not need a cane in ROTS

Razielim
Yoda's been sitting on his ass meditating in Dagobah for 20 years.

Palpatine's been studying alot of lost Sith secrets, Jedi holocrons and had the ability to practise the Dark Side openly.

They were about equals in RotS. By now Palpatine should have him dusted.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Razielim
Yoda's been sitting on his ass meditating in Dagobah for 20 years.

Palpatine's been studying alot of lost Sith secrets, Jedi holocrons and had the ability to practise the Dark Side openly.

They were about equals in RotS. By now Palpatine should have him dusted.

In the Trilogy Sids HAS NO LIGHTSABER he will definately lose

Razielim
This is a force fight. I agree, Yoda will win a sabre fight but I specified it as a force fight.

Hokage Yoda
Yoda wil Deflect Sids Lightning like Luke tried to do in the ROTJ novel

Darth Acheous
sids is definetly gonna pwn the old senile midget. did u c how friggin loopy yoda was n esb tryin 2 steel all that crap plus hes lazy now complanin about training luke boo freakedy hoo
i say yodas gets
fd in the A

Hokage Yoda
Its ROTS Yoda

Council#13
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
No Its to Xepeyon

Okay, that's alright big grin

petpet

PurpleSaber
Sidious will definitely win. In ROTS they were about equal. If you give Sidious an extra 20 years to study the Dark Side and ancient techniques, he has Yoda beat by a fair margin.

tdtd
Probably, considering the fact Yoda spent 20 years secluded on Dagobah, unless of course he was learning also.

jollyjim311
Yoda had been learning force techniques in exile, but, he hasn't been practicing the combat aspects, where as the darkside is all about power and Sidious has been studying for 20 years.

That's the way I had always imagined it, so take it for what you will, seeing as how there is no proof and it is just my personal opinion.

I think Sidious could take him. He simply outclasses him.

tdtd
Wait, this is ROTS Yoda, who is in his prime, against OT Sidious who is way past his prime. I misread that thinking this is Yoda right before he dies. In that case, I think Yoda would take him, since he's a lost quicker, and Sidious although he may have studied the dark side(mainly the cheating death technique we see from Exar Kun), I don't think he's studied anything dealing with combat He's old wrinkly and slow.. Yoda owns him.

Captain REX
Well, it is ROTS Yoda.

I think Yoda would lose. Sidious has more techniques and powers than he did prior, due to access to the Jedi Temple's archives of Jedi and Sith knowledge (yes, they had Sith knowledge) and raiding Sith worlds and so on.

tdtd
Rex, how much of that knoweldge would help him in a 1 on 1 battle exactly? Obviously not enough to see Vader betraying him and throwing him down the shaft..

Lightsnake
When he was only focused on torturing Luke, using battle meditation on a fleet...

And yes, how much knowledge of forbidden Jedi and Sith arts of combat would help Sidious in battle, there's no possible way ways of fighting would help in a fight.

tdtd
Then explain what it is he learned that would help him in combat. Oh wait, you can't..
http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/0517ExamineYour.jpg

Lightsnake
Forbidden Jedi and Sith secrets designed for fighting like Morichro, Malacia, being able to kill instantly with the Dark Side, the hundreds of other ways of destroying an opponent's body or mind from the Book of Anger...

tdtd
And you're getting this where? Yea I've heard of his so called Dark Side Compendium, but I'm in no mood to argue whether the sources are canon or not, which most likely they aren't. Everything else you just said, you might as well back it up. The only thing he learned that we are sure of is how to cheat death, Exar Kun style.

Lightsnake
Dark Side sourcebook, Dark Empire...considering it's said he used those techniques and it's said he learned them...

tdtd
I have no doubt he learned them by Dark Empire, but I'm pretty sure he learned the majority of his techniques as his spirit was guided back to Korriban. You're speculating on what he learned in episodes 4-6.

Lightsnake
he'd have learned them by the OT, since he devoted twenty years to study.

Razielim
Usually when you study such knowledge, you get more poweful. Look at... Exar Kun with Sadow's stuff. Revan and Kreia with Malachor's stuff.

You learn more techniques, and practice makes you more powerful. Palpatine was so obsessed with the Dark Side he left most of the "Empering" to Vader, the Moffs and his advisors. He did practice the Dark Side alot. It's more than safe to assume he's more powerful.

Xepeyon
Believing the Sids didn't get stronger by RotJ is retarded. No Sith Lord SANELY stays out of practice, especially with another powerful Sith Lord constantly conspiring to kill him. Between training Sith Acolytes, and manipulating and corrupting worlds and their leaders, Sids was constantly relying on the Dark Side, and he grew more powerful to the extent that in DE he stated that his body began to degenerate and rot away. That is Power(though has it's side-effects).

tdtd
I'm not arguing whether or not he gained more knowledge. We see that he has since he learns to cheat death. I'm saying it's speculative that he learned anything more that would help him take down Yoda in his prime.

Xepeyon
Haven't you ever heard the saying: "Knowledge is Power"? You agree he gained more knowledge, but you fail to understand THAT in turn gives him Power, enough power to be the supreme being of the entire galaxy for over 20 years! Both Jedi and Sith alike get stronger how? Answer: by GAINING knowledge. Jedi gain their ranks how: by gaining knowledge. Sith Rule their suborinates how: by having the Superior knowledge of the Dark Side. You yourself answered the question you asked me.

tdtd
You fail to point out how this "power" will help him defeat Yoda in a duel. And you also fail to understand that he had Vader carry out all of his plans, it's not like he ruled for 20 years killing everybody and running shit.. He studied sith knowledge, while Yoda studied Jedi knowledge.. Explain how this will help him in a fight.

Xepeyon
Originally posted by tdtd
You fail to point out how this "power" will help him defeat Yoda in a duel.

the word "POWER" should be proof enough, unless it's changed in the last 14 seconds. Sids was powerful enough that he no longer needed a lightsaber, and we know that he could blast the lightsaber out of a battle-ready Yoda's hand in RotS, what's stopping him now? Answer: Absouloutly Nothing. And sids still had a lightsaber, althought he didn't need to use any longer.

And you also fail to understand that he had Vader carry out all of his plans

What part of "Surpreme Being" don't you understand? Just because he had someone else doing his dirty work dosen't mean he weaker than him, or else Vader would have killed him long ago. "Overkill" is the word. why kill someone bothering you when they're 1000 times weaker, and when you have more important matters to attend to? You don't. You send someone to do it for you. However you seem to think that it means that person is better that their master.

it's not like he ruled for 20 years killing everybody and running shit..

Are you kindding? the Empire had many minor Rebellions. http://www.darkhorse.com/reviews/previews.php. Look for Star Wars Betrayal.

He studied sith knowledge, while Yoda studied Jedi knowledge.. Explain how this will help him in a fight.

Because Yoda studied nothing but how to Cheat Death. He had no reason to study any agressive tactics, whereas Palpatine was heavly in tune with the Dark Side. Yoda couldn't possibly have learned anything else because:

1) he had no MASTER!

2) He had no HOLOCRONS!

3) He had nothing to learn, for he was the wisest of his time, meaning there was no one who could teach him anything!

tdtd
Congratulations, you have listed feat wars for Sidious, yet you forget this is ROTS Yoda, not OT YOda, and you still haven't explained how his "newfound powers" will help in a fight with ROTS YOda.

Razielim
If Force lightning and Sith lore run hand-in-hand (Pointed in some EU source, methinks dark rendezvous) then shouldn't a stronger understanding of Sith lore equate to stronger lightning? I think it should.

tdtd
Who knows, you can't quantify his lightning from ROTS to ROTJ..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.