DN Luke vs DN Kyp Durron and DE Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deception
Who wins?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Deception
Who wins?

DE Sidious can win alone.

Faunus
Luke, with difficulty. And GV, here's something: find the quote which states that it takes the combined potential of Luke, Leia, and Anakin to tackle Sidious. Go ahead.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Faunus
Luke, with difficulty.

Great Vengeance
Luke, with difficulty. And GV, here's something: find the quote which states that it takes the combined potential of Luke, Leia, and Anakin to tackle Sidious. Go ahead.

Read the comics, Luke was getting his ass kicked until Leia and Anakin offered their power.

Hokage Yoda
Sids and co.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Read the comics, Luke was getting his ass kicked until Leia and Anakin offered their power.

That was DE Luke, not DN Luke.

Faunus
Find the quote which states that it takes the combined potential of Luke, Leia, and Anakin to tackle Sidious. Go ahead.

That's not present in the comic. All that's said is that Leia unlocks unknown reservoirs of power in Luke.

darthsith19
I say the duo win. Kyp could hold off Luke until Sidious managed to launch a Force Storm. Then I don't think Luke could block the storm because, if nothing else, he wouldn't be able to block it and hold off Kyp at the same time. So he would die.

DarthBanevv
Luke. He's much more powerful than he was in DE. He can take DE Sids easily, if he's alone. It will be difficult to fight both him and Kyp, but in the end he still wins.

tdtd
Faunus, GV doesn't understand, nor did he read the comics, which is why the Sidious fanboyism is coming into play. Wake up from your dream world Neo, DE Luke=/DN Luke. And there was no talk about potential anywhere, that's just some nonsense you and IKC made up because you didn't read the comics, and you dislike luke.

PurpleSaber
How many years after ROTJ does DE take place?

tdtd
6.5 I believe.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
I say the duo win. Kyp could hold off Luke until Sidious managed to launch a Force Storm. Then I don't think Luke could block the storm because, if nothing else, he wouldn't be able to block it and hold off Kyp at the same time. So he would die.

tdtd
Except for the fact that you don't know how long it really takes Sidious to conjure up a force storm, except that they have to have a considerable distance between them, and you're forgetting the fact that Luke can chunk them into a black hole or the nearest star before Palpatine creates the force storm. Then again if it is saber combat, Luke ends it quickly.

jollyjim311
I think Kyp could hold off Luke long enough for Sidious to get a good attack against Luke. I don't think Luke could hold off a force attack from Sidious and a lightsaber attack from Kyp. It would be a close fight, though, now that I think about it more. If Sidious could conjure up a force storm, then I don't see Luke winning, if he could eliminate either Sidious or Kyp early, though, Luke would win. Where is the fight?

tdtd
If Sidious conjures up a force storm nobody could withstand it, but I think Luke will be quick enough to take out Sidious first, then finish off Kyp.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by tdtd
6.5 I believe.
So is it like in between the Thrawn trilogy and JA?

tdtd
I Think so yea, it's 6 months-1 year after Thrawn Trilogy.

Faunus
And DN is over thirty years after RotJ: plenty of room for improvement.

tdtd
I thought it was 40+ years?

Faunus
The Legacy of the Force series starting this month take place in 40 A.B.Y. DN itself is 35 - 36 years A.B.Y.

tdtd
Ah so it's Legacy that's 100 years after DN..

Faunus
Yeah: the infinity whose writer needs to be violently murdered.

tdtd
LOL

Razielim
Notice how Stradley's spearheading the whole thing.

The same Stradley who killed off Chewbacca, winning the award for worst death ever.

He can burn in hell.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Razielim
Notice how Stradley's spearheading the whole thing.

The same Stradley who killed off Chewbacca, winning the award for worst death ever.

He can burn in hell.

Yes Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Lightsnake
Didn't Salvatore take over because he thought Chewie's actual death was WORSE than what was protrayed?

Also, what'd Stradley have to do with the situation?

Razielim
He's the one who came up with the concept of Chewie dying. His death was Stradley's original idea.

Jonathan Mark
Salvator should stick to Forgotten Realms...

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Salvator should stick to Forgotten Realms...
Indeed. I just finished reading Hunter's Blade trilogy. I love those books.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
Indeed. I just finished reading Hunter's Blade trilogy. I love those books.
Those were horrid...

Hokage Yoda
kinda Like your penis

Faunus
Yeah, erm, reported.

Hokage Yoda
Yeah, erm, reported.

Why Master

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Those were horrid...
Whatever, I like the Drizzt books.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
Why Master

That was not a nessasary post.

Escape81
Except for the fact that you don't know how long it really takes Sidious to conjure up a force storm, except that they have to have a considerable distance between them, and you're forgetting the fact that Luke can chunk them into a black hole or the nearest star before Palpatine creates the force storm. Then again if it is saber combat, Luke ends it quickly.

Hmmm . . .

Now, I may be mistaken - but after the lightsaber duel was over, and Sidious was disarmed , he told Luke that he was done with the "Jedi dueling games" and then he prepared a Force Storm.

So, after just having his hand removed and being bested in combat, he still had enough time to prepare a Force Storm while his enemy was in range to kill him.

So, we must deduce, that it is easily under a minute and only a few seconds. I doubt that is enough time for Luke to kill Kyp and Sidious.

Admiral Akbar
Agreed.

Escape81
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Agreed.

Oh, now, I fully confess that I may be wrong - I haven't had DE in my possession for some time.

tdtd
Originally posted by Escape81
Hmmm . . .

Now, I may be mistaken - but after the lightsaber duel was over, and Sidious was disarmed , he told Luke that he was done with the "Jedi dueling games" and then he prepared a Force Storm.

So, after just having his hand removed and being bested in combat, he still had enough time to prepare a Force Storm while his enemy was in range to kill him.

So, we must deduce, that it is easily under a minute and only a few seconds. I doubt that is enough time for Luke to kill Kyp and Sidious.

THat's assuming Luke doesn't kill Sidious first or chunks him into a star.

Escape81
Well, to any naysayer, it takes Sidious only a few seconds to prepare a Force Storm. Assuming that Kyp and Palpatine attack simultaneously and expertly, Luke hasn't a chance.

tdtd
And that's assuming Luke's emerald lightning doesn't work and he doesn't slice them both with his superior saber abilities.

Escape81
And that's assuming Luke's emerald lightning doesn't work and he doesn't slice them both with his superior saber abilities. \

Now, you're taking this a bit too far.

You're big on insults, correct? Well, in this case, you're acting out the role of the poster child for stupidity. Your assumptions indicate that Luke will take a single swing, and both shall fall dead.

Is that what you mean to imply?

tdtd
Apparently you forgot the fact that Luke went through an entire Vong army in no time. Even with his hyperbole of fighting with 20 sabers at once, if he engages them both at the same time, what in the world makes you think Sidious is going to create a force storm WHILE in combat? Not to mention he would finish them both off.. Before calling me stupid, use your head.

Escape81
Apparently you forgot the fact that Luke went through an entire Vong army in no time. Even with his hyperbole of fighting with 20 sabers at once, if he engages them both at the same time, what in the world makes you think Sidious is going to create a force storm WHILE in combat? Not to mention he would finish them both off.. Before calling me stupid, use your head.

So, I'm going to take that implication as a "yes". That you believe Luke could take a single swing or two and both Kyp Durron and Palpatine, both prodigious and incredible users of the Force, would fall dead.

Yes, you're right. This wouldn't even require minimal difficulty.

tdtd
Incredible usage of the force has much to do with someone who is superior in lightsaber combat... Riiiiight. DN Luke was beyond KYP in saber combat, and Kyp was #2 in the academy. DE Sidious would be the weakest link in saber combat.. So to answer your question, yes, if they engaged in a saber duel, Luke would beat them.

jollyjim311
Girls, girls, you're both pretty.

tdtd
sweet

Motoko Sama
Well, if Kyp goes up against Luke in saber combat, and if, in-fact, Sidious can conjure his storm in seconds -- I don't see Luke winning it, because Kyp will, at most, hold him for more than one slice of the saber.

tdtd
I agree if he can get off his force storm but for that to happen he needs a considerable distance.. If he DOES get that distance what's to say Luke cant do his manipulate black hole thingy.

Escape81
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
Well, if Kyp goes up against Luke in saber combat, and if, in-fact, Sidious can conjure his storm in seconds -- I don't see Luke winning it, because Kyp will, at most, hold him for more than one slice of the saber.

Hell no!

Luke takes a single swing, and then Kyp and Sidious both fall over dead - because Luke is so uber.

-----

I'm not denying that Luke's the most powerful guy in the fight. But, Tdtd here seems to assume that the fight will last .5 seconds, with Kyp and Sidious going down so easily.

Tdtd -

Kyp can handle Luke in a lightsaber fight for longer than ten seconds, which would be the largest amount of time that Sidious would need to prep a Force Storm and blast Luke into outer space or incinerate him.

Escape81
I agree if he can get off his force storm but for that to happen he needs a considerable distance.. If he DOES get that distance what's to say Luke cant do his manipulate black hole thingy.

Considerable distance?

Got a question for you, Tdtd. Were Luke and Palpatine a mile away from one another when Palpatine launched that Force Storm at him and Leia? Because I don't recall it. I operated under the assumption that they were a few feet away from one another may be mistaken - I've not had it in my possession for some time].

Darth Avis
he destroyed the fleet with the storm i belive. not Luke. yes sidious has to be a considerable distance away before using the storm or they will all die. I belive luke wins.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Darth Avis
he destroyed the fleet with the storm i belive. not Luke. yes sidious has to be a considerable distance away before using the storm or they will all die. I belive luke wins.

Sidious can buy the time he needs to pull off his storm, distance isnt needed.

Darth Avis
he will kill himself if he is right next to it.

Great Vengeance
he will kill himself if he is right next to it.

No, Sidious has control over it.

Darth Avis
so he can stop a huge rift in space time from killing him when he is a foot away from it?

Great Vengeance
so he can stop a huge rift in space time from killing him when he is a foot away from it?

Yes.

Admiral Akbar
lol.

tdtd
oh the sidious fanboys

Admiral Akbar
Oh, when facts are present people are noted as fanboys. Bummer...
Its quite obvious your a Ragnos fanboy, especially that you have him on your sig.

tdtd
Yep I like Ragnos, and unlike you, I and everyone here with half a brain knows facts, so I suggest you search this forum and learn them.

Deception
Well being a fanboy does not mean necessary mean they cannot debate, only when they ignore facts and do nothing but troll/insult.

Sadly tdtd has done that.

tdtd
Originally posted by Deception
Well being a fanboy does not mean necessary mean they cannot debate, only when they ignore facts and do nothing but troll/insult.

Sadly tdtd has done that.

Lets see who is the troll here. One that regularly debates on this forum and especially in this thread, or one that comes in here, makes unsubstantiated claims, and bitches.. Wow Deception, I believe you have just pwned yourself.. Way to go.. And I never said fanboys can't argue, they just argue out of fanboyism, not logic.

Escape81
Yep I like Ragnos, and unlike you, I and everyone here with half a brain knows facts, so I suggest you search this forum and learn them.

Yep, well I like Sidious - and I too know facts. You could easily be called a Ragnos fanboy.

Secondly, speaking of facts, I believe that this Sidious fanboy trumped your argument of Sidious's Force Storm taking too long.

Thirdly, would you please answer my question? I'll post it again.

tdtd
Originally posted by Escape81
Yep, well I like Sidious - and I too know facts. You could easily be called a Ragnos fanboy.

Secondly, speaking of facts, I believe that this Sidious fanboy trumped your argument of Sidious's Force Storm taking too long.

Thirdly, would you please answer my question? I'll post it again.

No I wasn't referring to you.

Darth Avis
i belive tht was force lightning, not a storm.

Great Vengeance
i belive tht was force lightning, not a storm.

It was a storm.

tdtd
Yes it was a storm..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.