I am Afraid of the Kool Aid Man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
When I was younger, and I saw that Kool aid jumping through the walls in those commercials, I got really freaked. I thought about what would happen if he did that to me, and this is what I Came up with:

*I'm sitting there, on my bed reading a book*
*kool aid man jumps in*
KoolAid Man: OH YEAH!
Me : Holy Jesus Christ!
*I jump up and look at him*
Me: My Dad Is Not going to believe me when I tell him a large Fruit drink jumped through my wall...
KoolAid Man: Oh Yeah?
Me: No, No! It is not cool to jump through the wall destroying half my house! "Kool" People come through the doors, You need to help me clean this up!
KoolAid Man: Oh No!
*Koolaid man jumps out and wobbles away*
Father: Vinny! What was all that noise?
*Father walks in through the door*
Father: Of Son of a...
*Father Takes off belt*
Me : Fu*king KoolAid Man.

DarkC
You should have poured vinegar into him.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
When I was younger, and I saw that Kool aid jumping through the walls in those commercials, I got really freaked. I thought about what would happen if he did that to me, and this is what I Came up with:

*kool aid man jumps in*
Me: My Dad Is Not going to believe me when I tell him a large Fruit drink jumped through my wall...
Me: No, No! It is not cool to jump through the wall destroying half my house! "Kool" People come through the doors, You need to help me clean this up!
*Father Takes off belt*

Someone's been listening to Dane Cook. no expression

PandoraMomo
Originally posted by LanceWindu
i was thinking the same thing

Vinny Valentine

Just Maybe, Wanted to see how long till someone figured out which person it was.

Good Job w00t

LanceWindu
Originally posted by PandoraMomo
i was thinking the same thing Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Just Maybe, Wanted to see how long till someone figured out which person it was.

Good Job w00t

Suffice to say though, the man is hilarious and more people need to listen to him.

Vinny Valentine
Suffice to say though, the man is hilarious and more people need to listen to him.

I Agree

Vinny Valentine
http://www.danecook.com/?video=26

Jabba the Hutt
I was afraid of the Coneheads sad

Nazgulinthedark
HEY HEY HEY

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
HEY HEY HEY

Fat Albert is in the hizouse!

Nazgulinthedark
thats what the kool aide man says too eek!

...i think confused

i really have no idea

silver_tears
I'd boink Dane Cook

Bloigen
I don't know what you're talking about. cry

Partly because I haven't read this thread yet.

GCG
http://www.champcarfanatics.com/forums/images/smilies/OhYeah.gif

Council#13

*kool aid man jumps in*
*Father Takes off belt*

I'm scared of Ronald MacDonald because I saw him once in a MacDonalds when I was small and he was a real jerk

Lord Paradise
If all the Kool Aid spilled out of him, do you think he would die? And if not, would his life continue in the pitcher or in the spilled juice? Or both?

Council#13
In the Simpsons, Homer landed inside of him and drank it all up and he fell over with crossy eyes and shattered

rare_fox
Here you go just for you vinny

Alpha Centauri
Why do people continue to further the stereotype that Dane Cook is anything but an overrated, American Pie Humour-esque if-you-don't-laugh-it-means-you're-stupid "comedian"?

Just curious.

"Look! I'm talking loud and I'm really animated! THAT MEANS I'M FUNNY! LAUGH!"

Everyone else: Hahahaha! Oh my god he's so crazy!

Listen to some Lenny Bruce, George Carlin or Bill Hicks. Dane Cook is shit.

-AC

S.S
I have never heard of him before this thread...........no expression
I checked the link that V.V posted and I find him loud and annoying not funny at all..........erm

Mišt
Cause some of us have a sense of humour.

S.S
I have one trust me,anything in mind that might get me into him?

Mišt
Oops, that wasnt meant for you.

And theres nothing that will get you into him, you either like the obscene kind of humour or you dont.

S.S
no expression

Mišt
Im guessing no thenno expression

S.S
Depends does he make fun of starwars fans............shifty

Smallville
I'm afraid of squirrels, and sock puppets, and the letter J

Alpha Centauri

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's funny.

There's nothing obscene about Dane Cook. I listen to Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope and Lenny Bruce. Compared to them Dane Cook is Ronald McDonald.

Any comedian who has to be extremely loud to cover up for the fact that his actual material isn't funny if you're over 16 and smart, isn't a good comedian at all. Hence why I dislike Dane Cook.

I have a sense of humour, I just lost the kind of sense of humour Dane Cook has when I was 16.

-AC

You're just as stiff as a Stick.

Alpha Centauri
You're just as stiff as a Stick.

I just like good comedians, not clowns sans make up posing as good comedians.

-AC

Mišt
That's funny.

There's nothing obscene about Dane Cook. I listen to Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope and Lenny Bruce. Compared to them Dane Cook is Ronald McDonald.

Any comedian who has to be extremely loud to cover up for the fact that his actual material isn't funny isn't a good comedian at all. Hence why I dislike Dane Cook. If he was just walking around the stage, not relying on making easily impressed people go "OH MY GOD! HAHA! HE'S CRAZY!", but relying on his material, he'd be worth less than he is now.

I have a sense of humour, I just lost the kind of sense of humour Dane Cook has when I was 16. He wouldn't be out of place in a teen "Let's make a bet to get laid" movie.

-AC

Him pointing out stuff and making things obvious by emphasing things is part of what makes him funny. Some people just recite jokes, and its crap. He overly does his jokes, and its funny.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Smallville
J

fear

Smallville
bag

Hold me

Alpha Centauri

Vinny Valentine
He isn't a George Carlin, but hes still Funny erm

Bloigen
Originally posted by Smallville
bag

Hold me

*gets you in chokehold*

rare_fox
Smallville give big J a big old bear hug.... ^^

Smallville
You all suck.

bag

Mišt
Anyway, you said it's funny. What's funny? The "jokes" or the fact that he is up there covering up for his "jokes" not being funny, by acting like a clown at a frat party?

Exactly. I understand the need for some baseless humour now and then, don't get me wrong. Just that it is actual humour.

-AC

Both. His jokes arent off the scale funny, and he probably knows it, thats why he acts like a clown. Family Guy do the same thing: Peter falls down and hurts his knee. Funny, but not overly funny. So they have him repeat 'Ow' like 50 times, its unnecessary but the whole joke becomes funnier because its overdone.

I watch comedy festivals all the time when its on tv, and theres always comedians who just plain suck. Their jokes might be funny, but the delivery is just plain crap, so the whole thing is lowered. With Dane Cook, even if his jokes are lame, he makes it funnier by the delivery.

LanceWindu
Funny to who? People who don't know any better and people who feel they have to like him, it seems. Emperor's new clothes syndrome. I trust you know the story?

A tailor sends the Emperor out into his loyal subjects, naked, but with the premise of "You are wearing clothes and anyone who can't see that is stupid." So all the townspeople say that he looks good in his new threads. Same thing with Dane Cook. "He's funny, if you don't agree you don't have a sense of humour." "Oh...HAHAH! LOOK AT HIM! HE'S SO LOUD AND FUNNY!" Coincidence? Doubt it.

Anyway, you said it's funny. What's funny? The "jokes" or the fact that he is up there covering up for his "jokes" not being funny, by acting like a clown at a frat party?

Exactly. I understand the need for some baseless humour now and then, don't get me wrong. Just that it is actual humour.

-AC

It's called personal opinion, you don't like his jokes, boo-****in'-hoo.

It's not what is good and what's not good because we can argue all day that I like him and you don't. Obviously there are lots of people who find him funny.

Vinny Valentine
Both. His jokes arent off the scale funny, and he probably knows it, thats why he acts like a clown. Family Guy do the same thing: Peter falls down and hurts his knee. Funny, but not overly funny. So they have him repeat 'Ow' like 50 times, its unnecessary but the whole joke becomes funnier because its overdone.

I watch comedy festivals all the time when its on tv, and theres always comedians who just plain suck. Their jokes might be funny, but the delivery is just plain crap, so the whole thing is lowered. With Dane Cook, even if his jokes are lame, he makes it funnier by the delivery.

Damnit Mist, You beat me to it mhm

Mišt
Damnit Mist, You beat me to it mhm

Im hot like thatmhm

Vinny Valentine

Mišt
Oh I Can Tell, You melt Butter mhm

And then I put it on my toastmhm

Vinny Valentine

Mišt
That Cuts iteself mhm

That puts the lotion on the skin mhm

Smallville
That Cuts iteself mhm

Toast that cuts itself...

You may have something here

Vinny Valentine

Mišt
And is made from Babies mhm

Called Herbherb mhm

Alpha Centauri

Vinny Valentine
Sorry, Bill Hicks Wasn't any George Carlin or Richard Prior.

He Definitely wasn't one of the best.

Alpha Centauri
He certainly wasn't any Richard Prior, because Richard Prior- though great- was nowhere near as good as Bill Hicks.

Bill Hicks is regarded by most comedians to be the uncrowned best, because even up to his death he remained something of a cult hero. Purely because he was way too emotive, truthful and barbaric in his humour to get any major airplay. I prefer it that way.

He's smarter than any comedian to ever exist, that much is for sure. Save for maybe Lenny Bruce. The trouble with smart comedians is that you have to be smart to get it.

Most of the world's populace falls short of that and goes for the Dane Co...oh.

-AC

Vinny Valentine
He certainly wasn't any Richard Prior, because Richard Prior- though great- was nowhere near as good as Bill Hicks.

Bill Hicks is regarded by most comedians to be the uncrowned best, because even up to his death he remained something of a cult hero. Purely because he was way too emotive, truthful and barbaric in his humour to get any major airplay. I prefer it that way.

He's smarter than any comedian to ever exist, that much is for sure. Save for maybe Lenny Bruce. The trouble with smart comedians is that you have to be smart to get it.

Most of the world's populace falls short of that and goes for the Dane Co...oh.

-AC

*Shakes Head*

Nope.

The World's Best was George Carlin, and always will be.

Alpha Centauri
*Shakes Head*

Nope.

The World's Best was George Carlin, and always will be.

Nowhere as good as Bill Hicks, ever.

-AC

Vinny Valentine
Nowhere as good as Bill Hicks, ever.

-AC

Yes, He Is.

He was even voted the worlds best comedian.

He Owns Hicks with 2 fingers any day, any time.

Ronny
Dane Cook pisses me off no expression

Alpha Centauri
Yes, He Is.

He was even voted the worlds best comedian.

He Owns Hicks with 2 fingers any day, any time.

Britney Spears was voted the world's sexiest female. Voting means jack shit.

He's nowhere near as good as Hicks, and the fact that you are descending further into hyperbole just makes it seem like you don't understand Hicks anyway. Which wouldn't surprise me, considering he's levels above the intelligence of Carlin.

I love George Carlin's work, but he was always just accessible enough for the mainstream to understand him. He made people feel like they were smart for liking him. As seems to be the case.

-AC

Ronny
Britney Spears was voted the world's sexiest female.

-AC OH. my. god..

no way faint

Vinny Valentine

He's nowhere near as good as Hicks, and the fact that you are descending further into hyperbole just makes it seem like you don't understand Hicks anyway. Which wouldn't surprise me, considering he's levels above the intelligence of Carlin.

I love George Carlin's work, but he was always just accessible enough for the mainstream to understand him. He made people feel like they were smart for liking him. As seems to be the case.

-AC

I doubt that, you are pretty much just saying hes good on opinion. George Carlin has won worlds best comedian for the last 3 years in a row, and you can't say that world voting don't count for 3 years in a row. Suck it up, Bill Hicks isn't as good.

LanceWindu

-AC

Sounds like someone has a fanboy issue. stick out tongue

FFS he's a comedian, live and let laugh.

Alpha Centauri
She has that accolade to her name, yes. As does Jennifer Lopez.

Voting means nothing.

-AC

Mišt
That's a fair point and as I said, I can understand the need for some dumb humour now and then. I love both sides of Family Guy, and if you like Dane Cook, then fine. I'm not saying you're wrong.

My point is, if the joke isn't funny...but you are relying on OVERDOING it, then make the overdoing funny. EG: Peter hurting his leg. That's overdoing it. Dane Cook seems to think that making things louder makes them funnier and encourages you to find them funny by shouting at you. Emperor's new clothes, as I said. He's a modern day clown, essentially.

I like him for being a modern day clown though, his style is more intentionally being like that rather than other comedians. Before you said "People who don't know any better and people who feel they have to like him, it seems" - I dont feel like I have to like him, I just find his style funny. Shouting and exaggerating minor things just to make it seem funnier, is funny in itself. I dont have to be told when to laugh, but its funny when he does point it out...kind of confusing to put into text.

He relies on video screens and loud shouting over-theatrics to get his point across rather than knowing he can get it done properly. Which is fine, if you like it. I just find him to be extremely juvenile and the amount of people rating him as some kind of smart, intelligent comedian is frustrating. Because he's not.

I havent seen any videos or anything, I just have mp3s, so all I have is his voice to go on. After hearing his style, I doubt I'd find it as funny if he did it properly. For me, I dont rate him as a smart or intelligent comedian, his subject material throws that right out, but I still label him funny.

Bill Hicks delivered his jokes like he was having a chat with you casually, and he's arguably the single greatest comedian of all time. Because it wasn't how he said them, it was what he said. Even Bill Hicks overdoes some of them, like the part about musicians killing themselves, but even then the joke is funny and the overdoing of it, is funny.

Dane Cook's subject matter is just too juvenile for me, or even if he does touch on something decent, he delivers it like a kid on sugar and saps all the power out of it...ironically.

-AC

I havent heard/seen Bill Hicks, so I dont know about his subject material/style. But obviously we all like our own styles of humour so this is going nowhere really..

Ronny
Suck it up, Bill Hicks isn't as good. blink Listen to Third Eye by Tool

*hopes I'm not tweaking at that it is a bill hicks peice ninja*

Alpha Centauri
Sounds like someone has a fanboy issue. stick out tongue

FFS he's a comedian, live and let laugh.

Not remotely a fanboy issue. I don't believe there was, is or will be a greater comedian because...well...there isn't.

Always room for a surprise though.

I don't think Bill Hicks can be classed as current, because he's dead. Though he is better than anyone out today. The best comedians of modern day are Doug Stanhope, Sarah Silverman and David Cross.

-AC

S.S
Sarah Silverman is she really?I'll see what I can find on her......
David Cross is one of my favorites.

Alpha Centauri
I doubt that, you are pretty much just saying hes good on opinion. George Carlin has won worlds best comedian for the last 3 years in a row, and you can't say that world voting don't count for 3 years in a row. Suck it up, Bill Hicks isn't as good.

So? Jennifer Lopez won World's Sexiest Female two years in a row. Is she? No.

Besides, I AM going on opinion. So are you, so was everyone who voted for Jennifer Lopez, so was everyone voting for Carlin. It being in a poll doesn't make it a fact, buddy.

Bill Hicks is better than Carlin, it appears Lance misplaced his fanboy claim.

-AC

Captain REX
I wouldn't know, I don't listen to comedians really...

...I'm already pretty damned funny. no expression

Vinny Valentine
So? Jennifer Lopez won World's Sexiest Female two years in a row. Is she? No.

Besides, I AM going on opinion. So are you, so was everyone who voted for Jennifer Lopez, so was everyone voting for Carlin. It being in a poll doesn't make it a fact, buddy.

Bill Hicks is better than Carlin, it appears Lance misplaced his fanboy claim.

-AC

Nope big grin

Mišt
Originally posted by Captain REX
I wouldn't know, I don't listen to comedians really...

...I'm already pretty damned funny. no expression

Funny lookingno expression Haha, see how I did that?no expression

Alpha Centauri
Mist, that's fine, you like him and that's cool with me. My post was mainly aimed at these people who are acting like he'd some intelligent comedian, incase there was a few here. You're not wrong for liking him, you like what you like.

And yes, S.S. Sarah is amazing. People know her from movies but they don't do her justice.

-AC

Captain REX

Mišt
Originally posted by Captain REX
laughing out loud

No. I don't get it. no expression

Oh, well it was because you said 'funny' and I said 'funny looking' to imply that your physical features were amusing, as if I was adding on to your sentence that you forgot to finishno expression

S.S
And yes, S.S. Sarah is amazing. People know her from movies but they don't do her justice.

-AC
Great comedians don't always shine in movies Cross and carlin be having some of the dumbest roles..........

Bloigen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.