If Galactus appeared in the DC universe...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Would the heroes just accept that he does what he does, like they do in Marvel, or would they make a unified effeort to try and stop him once and for all?

Dark Shazam93
Obviously, they'd try stoopping him...

Mindship
If Galactus appeared in the DC universe, he would be thousands of time more powerful because the DCverse is imbued with a far higher "background energy calibration" (that's why DC's heroes are so much more powerful than Marvel's).

Only The Presence would be able to stop Galactus.

Now that would be a Comic Event, in the process restoring Galactus' old glory, like what he had when he first appeared in Marvel. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Dark Shazam93
Cool...

guy222
I think the Spectre will defeat big G

grey fox
Originally posted by guy222
I think the Spectre will defeat big G

He can't

kevdude
Originally posted by grey fox
He can't

Why not?

grey fox
Originally posted by kevdude
Why not?

Galactus has committed no crime or sin . Much like GR Spectre can't really harm someone unless they've sinned. And Galactus is classified as 'A force of nature' Ergo Spectre (in the immortal words of MC Hammer) 'Can't Touch This'.

TricksterPriest
Actually, from I've read, Marvel has the stronger heroes, not DC. I think Big G would actually be happy to be there. Lots of planets, a universe he hasn't eaten at before, and loads of new places to dine. Besides, who's gonna stop him? Most of those who could will be stopped by the likes of Living Tribunal and Spectre. Galactus is like a cosmic storm. Useful occasionally, but stay the **** away and pray it doesn't start looking your way.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Actually, from I've read, Marvel has the stronger heroes, not DC.

Eh, not quite. When you take them all at the same time, they break even.

WrathfulDwarf
Uh, hello? The GL Corps would jump on his ass the minute he starts to devour worlds.

At what point in existence would Galactus enter? Pre Crisis or post crisis? Anti-Monitor would be his biggest rival in a Pre-Crisis event.

Besides...Mister Mxyzptlk wouldn't resists to pull a prank on him.

Galan007
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Would the heroes just accept that he does what he does, like they do in Marvel, or would they make a unified effeort to try and stop him once and for all? Do you really think that the heroes of DC would stand back and let billions of innocent lives fall prey to Galactus? Hell NO!

For one, you have the ENTIRE GL Corps which would be more then enough to deal with Big G.

However, Ion alone would b*tchslap Galactus all the way back to Marvel.

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan007
Do you really think that the heroes of DC would stand back and let billions of innocent lives fall prey to Galactus? Hell NO!

For one, you have the ENTIRE GL Corps which would be more then enough to deal with Big G.

However, Ion alone would b*tchslap Galactus all the way back to Marvel.

Nope , Galactus would familiarise himself with 'The power cosmic' of that universe. As soon as the Gl's attack he simply drains their rings , batteries and planet dry. The GL's then die en-masse

Galan007
Nope , Galactus would familiarise himself with 'The power cosmic' of that universe. As soon as the Gl's attack he simply drains their rings , batteries and planet dry. The GL's then die en-masse So you think

Galactus>Ion?

grey fox
So you think

Galactus>Ion?

Not currently , but within the situation given by BC and possibly a year to familiarise himself with DC's cosmic energies then yeah . Pretty easily in-fact

WrathfulDwarf
Nope , Galactus would familiarise himself with 'The power cosmic' of that universe. As soon as the Gl's attack he simply drains their rings , batteries and planet dry. The GL's then die en-masse

How is Galactus going to drain the will power of the entire corps?

You just said it would take Galactus a year to familirise with the DCU Cosmic energy.

If it takes him that long he practically is a sitting duck.

Galan007
Not currently , but within the situation given by BC and possibly a year to familiarise himself with DC's cosmic energies then yeah . Pretty easily in-fact Why does he get a year to familiarize himself with DC?

He would be long gone by then.

Newjak
Do you really think that the heroes of DC would stand back and let billions of innocent lives fall prey to Galactus? Hell NO!

However, Ion alone would b*tchslap Galactus all the way back to Marvel. I doubt most of this and since he feeds off the life forces of planets I bet he will be fine and I doubt he will have to familirize himself with the DC power cosmic.

Galactus wouldn't be able to beat the likes of Spectre or other people in that realm but for a basic planet devourer and against every top tier hero and most of the mid level cosmics he should be just fine.

Plus if you think about it SS greater or equal to Hal and Kyle the best GLs in the history of the corps. And SS a fly to Big G at best. So I doubt the Corps will actually be able to stop him and for fact I doubt any top tier group could without a Plot Device of some kind.

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
Plus if you think about it SS greater or equal to Hal and Kyle the best GLs in the history of the corps. And SS a fly to Big G at best. So I doubt the Corps will actually be able to stop him and for fact I doubt any top tier group could without a Plot Device of some kind. You think:
Galactus>7,200 GL's+Ion?

I have a VERY hard time believing that.

Newjak
You think:
Galactus>7,200 GL's+Ion?

I have a VERY hard time believing that. I believe Galactus>7200 GLs

Ion is a different story although Ion is tough but I bet a fully fed big G may be able to hold Ion off.

I basucakky think that Galactus would be a little bit stronger than the old Darkseid before the Crisis

Galan007
I believe Galactus>7200 GLs

Ion is a different story although Ion is tough but I bet a fully fed big G may be able to hold Ion off.

I basucakky think that Galactus would be a little bit stronger than the old Darkseid before the Crisis I disagree, I believe Ion alone>Galactus

Remember their are SO many others in the DCU other then the GL's

Jakeem Thunder for instance.

Newjak
I disagree, I believe Ion alone>Galactus

Remember their are SO many others in the DCU other then the GL's

Jakeem Thunder for instance. Galactus Atomizes him before he brings forth his Genie thing no expression

Listen like I said I believe that Galactus would be a little bit stronger than the old Darkseid the Uber Darkseid. Since supposdly a fully fed G and like destroy the Marvel 616 Universe like 7 times over or something like that I believe he would be a little higher than the mid level cosmics in the DCU obviously the very high tier are above him.

Galan007
Galactus Atomizes him before he brings forth his Genie thing no expression

Listen like I said I believe that Galactus would be a little bit stronger than the old Darkseid the Uber Darkseid. Since supposdly a fully fed G and like destroy the Marvel 616 Universe like 7 times over or something like that I believe he would be a little higher than the mid level cosmics in the DCU obviously the very high tier are above him. Gotcha no expression

Newjak
Gotcha no expression So basically unless someone very high up comes down to sweep Galactus aside not very likely since most DCU cosmics rarely get invloved with things like Planet destruction I believe Galactus would have free reign in the DCU unless he begins to overstep his boundaries then someone like Eternity would have to step in to really stop him.

Unless of course he is very weak then he may be able to be stopped a PIS story like he always is.

Plus you've got to think that G would be making Heralds along the way.

grey fox
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
How is Galactus going to drain the will power of the entire corps?

You just said it would take Galactus a year to familirise with the DCU Cosmic energy.

If it takes him that long he practically is a sitting duck.

No I ASSUMED G would take a year

Galan007
So basically unless someone very high up comes down to sweep Galactus aside not very likely since most DCU cosmics rarely get invloved with things like Planet destruction I believe Galactus would have free reign in the DCU unless he begins to overstep his boundaries then someone like Eternity would have to step in to really stop him.

Unless of course he is very weak then he may be able to be stopped a PIS story like he always is.

Plus you've got to think that G would be making Heralds along the way. IMO Ion would have NO problem stopping Big G.

WrathfulDwarf
I doubt most of this and since he feeds off the life forces of planets I bet he will be fine and I doubt he will have to familirize himself with the DC power cosmic.

Galactus wouldn't be able to beat the likes of Spectre or other people in that realm but for a basic planet devourer and against every top tier hero and most of the mid level cosmics he should be just fine.

Plus if you think about it SS greater or equal to Hal and Kyle the best GLs in the history of the corps. And SS a fly to Big G at best. So I doubt the Corps will actually be able to stop him and for fact I doubt any top tier group could without a Plot Device of some kind.

*cough*

Mider999
the GL corps would be t much for him if they all combined, Ion and parallax would own him, spectre would jump his butt once he started eating planets

Howard_Jones
Parallax is gone. Looong gone. Don't even know why he's being mentioned here.

Spectre won't work either, as Fox explained.

Ion seems to be the only major factor here, but has Kyle ever shown the power that people say he has in combat?

Martian_mind
who cares? i know jakeems been mentionrd and dismissed but its not exactly like Galactus will be scared of a kid with a pink pen screaming out "say you kick his pope-hat wearing ass" so he's not gonna bother with a pre-emptive strike.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.