Multiple man vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

outavodka
Does Bats overcome this or does Multiple man end up tiring the dark knight and ending up throwin the masked fool's body off a building.

capt it up
multi man wins

Black Adam
madrox wins.

diabloman
multi man

grey fox
Madrox

Grimm22
Unless Bruce can take out Madrox early, then Madrox wins

jrodslam
Jamie.

Metalmanx
Agreed. Multiple-Man.

MrHeavySilence
Depends. If they're close, Batman can just knock him out with sleeping gas or a batarang richocheting off multiple targets, and thus no more duplication. If he's far away, then Batman will lose in a straight-up fight.

Blair Wind
Batman almost always goes the physical route unless hes in a rush. Batrangs hitting anything that hits him would just make MM multiply. Besides he sent out all his dupes once to learn all they could (This seems to be the best explaination Ive seen for someone become Batman like {I mean 127 martial arts?! please....unless your multiple man evil face } and so hes learned lots of martial arts, and would be a formidable opponent

Brutacus
MM you really can't go to to to with they guy unless you're strong guy or some thing.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Batman almost always goes the physical route unless hes in a rush. Batrangs hitting anything that hits him would just make MM multiply. Besides he sent out all his dupes once to learn all they could (This seems to be the best explaination Ive seen for someone become Batman like {I mean 127 martial arts?! please....unless your multiple man evil face } and so hes learned lots of martial arts, and would be a formidable opponent

Batman's a very intelligent adversary. He'd see Madrox duplicating and immediately try projectiles or gas or fog or things to take out Jamie before he dopplegangered too much (this only works if they're close range- like 10 to 15 feet or something). You mistake him for an idiot and that he'd braveheart-rush like Hulk. And also, the 127 martial art-thing isn't so perplexing once you realize that Batman is different from us; he's a lot smarter and works a lot faster than you or me. There are people whose memories are so great that they can recall an entire book, Scientists whose synapses work so fast that the answer comes to them with inhuman speed, and men who push 4 ton trucks with their earlobes. So you shouldn't say that it's impossible. Frankly, that explanation sounds a lot more plausible than a man who has an unexplained method to duplicate himself and somehow absorb memories of different accounts/existances and still survive when clones die.

TheKahn
Jamie wins 10/10. First there is absolutely no reason for Jamie to engage Batman in a fight until he has hundreds of dupes on his side. That being said, I could easily see Jamie running away from Batman creating dupes as he goes and having them run in a different directions with them doing the same thing. And given the rate at which dupes can be created I highly doubt that they will stay close enough together for Batman to take them all out with a gas attack. If Batman was able to ambush Jamie somehow then yes I could see him winning, but not with Jamie knowing the fight is coming.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by TheKahn
First there is absolutely no reason for Jamie to engage Batman in a fight until he has hundreds of dupes on his side.

Why do you say that? He may see Bats as just some guy in a bat suit and attack with just a few clones. He doesn't always fight with a bajillion clones, and he usually goes around with 10 to 20.

That being said, I could easily see Jamie running away from Batman creating dupes as he goes

If they're around to 10 to 20 feet apart. Then he's not going to get very far. Not far enough to duplicate enough.

and having them run in a different directions with them doing the same thing.

Won't happen if the fight stays concise and an explosive takes Jamie out. And what if Batman releases all kinds of gas? Gas moves in all kinds of directions so all the Jamies running in different directions would lose right there. Plus multiple gas pellets = omnidirectional.

And given the rate at which dupes can be created I highly doubt that they will stay close enough together for Batman to take them all out with a gas attack.

Well if they're bottlenecking in an alley, then they'd more than likely stay close together. And even so, if a projectile goes across the entire column of duplication, then all the Jamies will be knocked out. Or if he's duplicating in multiple directions, then an overhead shower of grenades could takem out.

The match isn't exactly 10/10, and I don't believe Batman would fight head-on anyway. But if he does fight "head-on", then he has a 4/10 chance to win against Jamie.

TheKahn
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Why do you say that? He may see Bats as just some guy in a bat suit and attack with just a few clones. He doesn't always fight with a bajillion clones, and he usually goes around with 10 to 20.
Given that by the forum rules each character has a "basic knowledge" (which is defined as what the general population of the other character's homeworld knows) of the other combatant, then Jamie would know that Bats is a member of the premier (and one of the most powerful) Superhero team in the DC universe. In addition with each character fighting to the best of their ability I see no reason why Jamie wouldn't create far more than 10 or 20 dupes for this fight.

If they're around to 10 to 20 feet apart. Then he's not going to get very far. Not far enough to duplicate enough.
Even assuming that they start that close, Jamie would still easily have enough time to create enough dupes to win. All he (and they) really have to do is snap their fingers or take a step and Batman would have yet another opponent. I think Black Adam has some scans showing just how fast Jamie can create his dupes.

Won't happen if the fight stays concise and an explosive takes Jamie out. And what if Batman releases all kinds of gas? Gas moves in all kinds of directions so all the Jamies running in different directions would lose right there. Plus multiple gas pellets = omnidirectional.

Well if they're bottlenecking in an alley, then they'd more than likely stay close together. And even so, if a projectile goes across the entire column of duplication, then all the Jamies will be knocked out. Or if he's duplicating in multiple directions, then an overhead shower of grenades could takem out.
confused If the fight takes place with the combatants relatively close together then if Batman tried to use either gas or explosives he would risk taking himself out as well. Now he does have a gas-mask in his utility belt if I'm not mistaken, but as there is no prep time stipulated then he would have to take the time to put it on after the fight has started. And as his only "chance" here is to take Jamie out quickly then this delay would be extremely dangerous on Batman's part.

The match isn't exactly 10/10, and I don't believe Batman would fight head-on anyway. But if he does fight "head-on", then he has a 4/10 chance to win against Jamie.

How exactly does Batman win even 4/10 in a h2h fight against an army of opponents who gain another man every time Batman punches one of them?

MrHeavySilence
Given that by the forum rules each character has a "basic knowledge" (which is defined as what the general population of the other character's homeworld knows) of the other combatant, then Jamie would know that Bats is a member of the premier (and one of the most powerful) Superhero team in the DC universe.
In addition with each character fighting to the best of their ability I see no reason why Jamie wouldn't create far more than 10 or 20 dupes for this fight.

That's a whole lot of assumptions going on. "Basic knowledge" means he knows "of" Batman. By that, he probably thinks Bats is just a man in a suit, and would probably create 10 or 20, seeing as how he knows Batman is "human." And how would he know about the JLA? That's barely related.

Even assuming that they start that close, Jamie would still easily have enough time to create enough dupes to win. All he (and they) really have to do is snap their fingers or take a step and Batman would have yet another opponent.

No he wouldn't. If you're taking all of them out at once with several gas pellets, which would become an omnidirectional cloud of gas, he won't be duplicating anymore.

I think Black Adam has some scans showing just how fast Jamie can create his dupes.

I doubt those scans show you exactly how much time is being lapsed between the panels.

confused If the fight takes place with the combatants relatively close together then if Batman tried to use either gas or explosives he would risk taking himself out as well. Now he does have a gas-mask in his utility belt if I'm not mistaken, but as there is no prep time stipulated then he would have to take the time to put it on after the fight has started.

Are you kidding? It'd take like a second to whip out that gas mask while simultaneously throwing the pellets. Two seperate hands. Hell, he could even spray down the Jamie's with that adhesive he used on Superman or Flash Bang them, so the one second of lag-time would be insignificant.

And as his only "chance" here is to take Jamie out quickly then this delay would be extremely dangerous on Batman's part.

No it wouldn't. Superheroes can multi-task , ie. put on the mask and throw gas at the same time, or flashbang, then put on mask and throw gas, or spray Jamie with the adhesive he used on Superman, or use the grapnel guns to collapse sides of walls to cave in on Jamies.

How exactly does Batman win even 4/10 in a h2h fight against an army of opponents who gain another man every time Batman punches one of them?

Well, Batman isn't stupid enough to punch anyway. He's a lot smarter than Jamie. He'd do things like use the sorroundings, destroy entire buildings to cave in on the Jamies, gas the entire place, richocheting batarangs knocking out entire columns of Jamies, Flashbangs to distract them, slicing and dicing with his laser torch, and other ways of killing off the Jamies in a quick fight without resorting to stupidity.

Batman 4/10
Jamie 6/10

Swanky-Tuna
How long do you think it will take the twinkiest detective in DC to figure out he needs to gas the guy who's multiplying?

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
How long do you think it will take the twinkiest detective in DC to figure out he needs to gas the guy who's multiplying?

Since Kahn explained the forum rules to me, I think: less than 1 second.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Its very easy to get the dupes confused with the original Jamie. Secondly, the dupes can create dupes of themselves, so that makes it even harder to take out Madrox.

DarkCrawler
And also, the 127 martial art-thing isn't so perplexing once you realize that Batman is different from us; he's a lot smarter and works a lot faster than you or me. There are people whose memories are so great that they can recall an entire book, Scientists whose synapses work so fast that the answer comes to them with inhuman speed, and men who push 4 ton trucks with their earlobes. So you shouldn't say that it's impossible. Frankly, that explanation sounds a lot more plausible than a man who has an unexplained method to duplicate himself and somehow absorb memories of different accounts/existances and still survive when clones die.

But...

The guy who can memorize the book still has to read the book. And the scientist has to learn the answer from somewhere. Batman doesn't have telepathy. Someone has still had to teach him those martial arts. And it takes years to teach someone to be a true master of an martial art, EVEN if you only taught one move one time.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jrodslam
Its very easy to get the dupes confused with the original Jamie. Secondly, the dupes can create dupes of themselves, so that makes it even harder to take out Madrox. Yep. Match starts - on the first second there is two Madroxes. Then there is 4 Madroxes. Then 8, then 16, then 32, then 64, then 128...I mean, in about seven seconds he would have over a hundred if he wished so.

Swanky-Tuna
Since Kahn explained the forum rules to me, I think: less than 1 second.
Even without knowledge... you see a guy snap his fingers and split into two. Those two snap their fingers and they split into two. I wonder if "the world's greatest detective" is going to have trouble cracking the riddle of multiple man's powers.

Originally posted by jrodslam
Its very easy to get the dupes confused with the original Jamie. Secondly, the dupes can create dupes of themselves, so that makes it even harder to take out Madrox.
The easier for Batman to see mass gas pellet spam is the best option. Unless the situation calls for Jamie to be alone long enough to amass an army of himself.

Thanos_6383
Multiple Man wins.

TheKahn
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yep. Match starts - on the first second there is two Madroxes. Then there is 4 Madroxes. Then 8, then 16, then 32, then 64, then 128...I mean, in about seven seconds he would have over a hundred if he wished so.

I think that is what people don't realize. Jamie can generate dupes at an exponential rate. And I can't see why people are assuming that he will only create 10 or 20 for this fight. I guess it's Batman's jobber aura causing his opponent to somehow limit themselves to enable Batman to win.

As to the gas attack winning the fight, what exactly is keeping Jamie from simply holding his breath and continuing to create dupes (and they continuing to create dupes) during this time? Again all he has to do is either run away from Batman at the start for the few seconds it would take him to create a literal army of dupes or even in the gas cloud his dupes will very quickly extend beyond the cloud.

And here are some scans of Jamie creating dupes (thanks to Black Adam)
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/9939/multipleman10gd.th.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8126/multipleman22je.th.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/558/multipleman38bi.th.jpg

The Fake Macoy
What's to stop Madrox from holding his breath for a few seconds before making even more dupes? Madrox wins this 10/10.

MrHeavySilence
But...

The guy who can memorize the book still has to read the book. And the scientist has to learn the answer from somewhere. Batman doesn't have telepathy. Someone has still had to teach him those martial arts. And it takes years to teach someone to be a true master of an martial art, EVEN if you only taught one move one time.

I don't exactly get what you're saying. You say "takes years to teach someone" as if it were fact for a person who has an IQ higher than all of us combined. I thought we already went over this during the PMs. Somehow you can have suspense of disbelief when reading a half-naked sea king flying in the air who can lift 10 to 20 tons with no formal explanation but when it comes to an eidetic genius who could have possibly learned 127 martial arts(I'm sure other geniuses have done crazier things), then its impossible.

MrHeavySilence
I think that is what people don't realize. Jamie can generate dupes at an exponential rate. And I can't see why people are assuming that he will only create 10 or 20 for this fight. I guess it's Batman's jobber aura causing his opponent to somehow limit themselves to enable Batman to win.

I said it was UNLIKELY that Jamie would duplicate 50 or 100 dupes given he knows a little bit about Batman. He'd probably underestimate him like he did with Wolverine and duplicate in low numbers. And if he DID generate 100 Jamies in advance, well, then I'd wonder why you wouldn't consider that as prep time.

As to the gas attack winning the fight, what exactly is keeping Jamie from simply holding his breath and continuing to create dupes (and they continuing to create dupes) during this time?

Because you can't just "hold your breath." Gas can seep through noses and eyes, percolating through different openings of the body. Worse if it's sleeping gas, you'll immediately be knocked out.

Again all he has to do is either run away from Batman at the start for the few seconds it would take him to create a literal army of dupes

Unlikely that he would get away so easy since you claim he has enough seconds to get away.

Again all he has to do is either run away from Batman at the start for the few seconds it would take him to create a literal army of dupes or even in the gas cloud his dupes will very quickly extend beyond the cloud.

What are you talking about. None of those panels showed that Madrox can duplicate a gigantic army in less than 5 seconds. And even then, those panels don't even show you the time frame it takes to duplicate. There could've been 5 to 10 seconds between each panel. All those scans were pointless, like I already predicted you would do. Also, you assume that Jamie is fast enough to get away, Batman draws batarangs faster then people draw guns. Not to mention, if Bats flashbangs him while he's about to run away, he'd probably slip and smack himself right into a wall or trip and duplicate into a giant pile of Jamies. Then Batman can just throw gas from the top and its game over.

MrHeavySilence

And this last one is funny because I didn't know Madrox could be outsmarted so easily.

Black Adam
And this last one is funny because I didn't know Madrox could be outsmarted so easily.

how is that being outsmarted?

the guy already has a gun shoved in his face so he goes with his natural reaction to create wall of dupes? and he wasn't in the best of shape of the time. a big piece of wood had just fallen on him and he had just reabsorbed a shot dupe. All the smoke he had inhaled didn't help matters either.

MrHeavySilence

And if he falls and duplicates like this, then he's uber screwed because batarangs can take out entire columns or rows of enemies. One batarang would just mow them all down.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Black Adam
how is that being outsmarted?

the guy already has a gun shoved in his face so he goes with his natural reaction to create wall of dupes? and he wasn't in the best of shape of the time. a big piece of wood had just fallen on him and he had just reabsorbed a shot dupe. All the smoke he had inhaled didn't help matters either.

lol he pwned himself and collapsed himself through the sheer weight; he'd coulda killed all of himself right there- there was no way he would know how far the drop would be. Just proves that he can be outsmarted.

Black Adam
And if he falls and duplicates like this, then he's uber screwed because batarangs can take out entire columns or rows of enemies. One batarang would just mow them all down.

and upon contact with said batarang those dupes would have created even more dupes.

Like I told kahn in a PM the only chance for bats is to spam the area with gas.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Black Adam
and upon contact with said batarang those dupes would have created even more dupes.

Like I told kahn in a PM the only chance for bats is to spam the area with gas.

Really? Can you show me something from the comics where Jamie duplicated right after being sliced with sharp objects? That would pretty much refute it, but the current scans posted wouldn't. Rolling down a forrest isn't the same as having your heads ripped by razor-sharp batarangs.

Metalmanx

...What? Have I been reading a different Batman all my life?

TheKahn

I said it was UNLIKELY that Jamie would duplicate 50 or 100 dupes given he knows a little bit about Batman. He'd probably underestimate him like he did with Wolverine and duplicate in low numbers. And if he DID generate 100 Jamies in advance, well, then I'd wonder why you wouldn't consider that as prep time.

And how exactly do you know (or get to decide) what is "likely" for Jamie to do??? Sounds like that damnable jobber aura of Batman where his opponents must either underutilized their abilities and/or underestimate him so he can win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The argument was that given the rate at which Jamie can create dupes then he could (as extrapolated from his powerset and past feats) generate hundreds of dupes in a matter of moments. I don't recall anyone saying he needed prep time.

Because you can't just "hold your breath." Gas can seep through noses and eyes, percolating through different openings of the body. Worse if it's sleeping gas, you'll immediately be knocked out.

Well then it should be no problem for you to post a scan of Batman knocking someone out instantly with the gas he normally carries while that person is holding his or her breathe.

Unlikely that he would get away so easy since you claim he has enough seconds to get away.

Remember it's just not just Jamie that is running away (or even charging Batman) but also his dupes that get generated with every step he takes or every time he snaps his fingers (and the dupes they create with every step they take and so on, and so on, ect) all running in different directions. As Darkcrawler stated (as this is exponential multiplication): with each step or each snap the numbers increase as 1, 2, 4, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, and so on. So it would literally take only seconds for Batman to be facing hundreds of opponents.

What are you talking about. None of those panels showed that Madrox can duplicate a gigantic army in less than 5 seconds. And even then, those panels don't even show you the time frame it takes to duplicate. There could've been 5 to 10 seconds between each panel. All those scans were pointless, like I already predicted you would do. Also, you assume that Jamie is fast enough to get away, Batman draws batarangs faster then people draw guns. Not to mention, if Bats flashbangs him while he's about to run away, he'd probably slip and smack himself right into a wall or trip and duplicate into a giant pile of Jamies. Then Batman can just throw gas from the top and its game over.

Wow! Man, that really proves just how open minded and objective you are. I mean by dismissing scans before they are even posted you have shown that there is absolutely no way you could be a Batman fanboy. Where did you learn this amazing debating tactic? I would have never thought of ignoring evidence that might prove contrary to my opinion BEFORE ANYBODY EVEN PRESENTED IT. I am truly humbled. eek!

Unless Batman can throw his Batarangs near the speed of light, he isn't knocking out Jamie before Jamie can take a step or snap his fingers and thus create dupes who will continue the fight. The scans show: that A) Jamie can create dupes very quickly and B) that it is impossible for Batman to win the fight with physical attacks given the nature of Jamie's powers. But, as you said, how could that possible factor into this fight?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...What? Have I been reading a different Batman all my life?

No, you just haven't been wearing your fanboy goggles geek

MrHeavySilence
And how exactly do you know (or get to decide) what is "likely" for Jamie to do??? Sounds like that damnable jobber aura of Batman where his opponents must either underutilized their abilities and/or underestimate him so he can win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The argument was that given the rate at which Jamie can create dupes then he could (as extrapolated from his powerset and past feats) generate hundreds of dupes in a matter of moments. I don't recall anyone saying he needed prep time.

Show me a comic where he's multipled himself that fast in a manner of seconds.

Well then it should be no problem for you to post a scan of Batman knocking someone out instantly with the gas he normally carries while that person is holding his or her breathe.

Dude, how can Jamie survive simply be holding his breath? Gas Masks block the mouth AND the nose, and he doesn't have one.

Remember it's just not just Jamie that is running away (or even charging Batman) but also his dupes that get generated with every step he takes or every time he snaps his fingers (and the dupes they create with every step they take and so on, and so on, ect) all running in different directions. As Darkcrawler stated (as this is exponential multiplication): with each step or each snap the numbers increase as 1, 2, 4, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, and so on. So it would literally take only seconds for Batman to be facing hundreds of opponents.

I wasn't aware that Jamie could duplicate 2048 copies.

Wow! Man, that really proves just how open minded and objective you are. I mean by dismissing scans before they are even posted you have shown that there is absolutely no way you could be a Batman fanboy. Where did you learn this amazing debating tactic? I would have never thought of ignoring evidence that might prove contrary to my opinion BEFORE ANYBODY EVEN PRESENTED IT. I am truly humbled. : eek :

Thanks!

Unless Batman can throw his Batarangs near the speed of light, he isn't knocking out Jamie before Jamie can take a step or snap his fingers and thus create dupes who will continue the fight. The scans show: that A) Jamie can create dupes very quickly and B) that it is impossible for Batman to win the fight with physical attacks given the nature of Jamie's powers. But, as you said, how could that possible factor into this fight?

Again, the scans don't show you the time lapse between duplication. And it is realistically impossible for Batman to win with hand-to-hand combat, but he's smart enough to do other things.

MrHeavySilence
Geez, fanboy this fanboy that.

Kahn, you gave Jamie a 10/10, did you realize that? You didn't even give Batman chance even though it was plausible that he could win.

and you called ME ignorant. I never said Jamie isn't going to win, I said Batman has a chance to win, at least a 4/10 chance. I'm not the one who brings sarcasm into arguments to demean the other person. But alas, I'm a fanboy who is ignorant.

TheKahn
Show me a comic where he's multipled himself that fast in a manner of seconds.

How long do you think it took him to tap his foot repeatedly? An hour? Now I understand that there isn't a stopwatch in the corner of the page showing exactly how long each action took, but I think it is fairly clear that it only took a matter of seconds for him to create the dupes.

Dude, how can Jamie survive simply be holding his breath? Gas Masks block the mouth AND the nose, and he doesn't have one.
How big do you think the gas cloud would be? 10 or 20 feet in diameter? He only has to hold his breath long enough to walk the 10 or 20 or however big you think this gas could would be to get out of it. Now if Jamie just stands there and does nothing then, yea, he's pretty screwed but, who knows, he might actually try and win the damn fight. Again a scan showing just what Batman's gas capsules can do would be helpful.

I wasn't aware that Jamie could duplicate 2048 copies.
I'm not sure of what his current top number is as he has (like everyone else) been upgraded over the years. I know that it is in the mid to upper hundreds, but I'm not sure if he has ever pushed it beyond that.

Thanks!
Your welcome.

Again, the scans don't show you the time lapse between duplication. And it is realistically impossible for Batman to win with hand-to-hand combat, but he's smart enough to do other things.

If Jamie fights like an idiot then yes Batman can win, but keep in mind that Jamie isn't an idiot either. He sent numerous dupes into the world to live different lives and accumulate skills (such as becoming a Buddhist monk, study different martial arts, picking locks, learning Russian, becoming a licenced attorney, participating on a Olympic gymnastic team, and others) all of which he then absorbed back into himself. Given all that I think and his mutant power I think it would take a little more than a few gas pellets to beat him.

TheKahn
Geez, fanboy this fanboy that.

Kahn, you gave Jamie a 10/10, did you realize that? You didn't even give Batman chance even though it was plausible that he could win.

and you called ME ignorant. I never said Jamie isn't going to win, I said Batman has a chance to win, at least a 4/10 chance. I'm not the one who brings sarcasm into arguments to demean the other person. But alas, I'm a fanboy who is ignorant.

When exactly did I call you ignorant? confused

And if dismissing feats before they are even posted isn't acting like a fanboy then I don't know what is. erm

Also, I do see Batman having trouble beating Jamie, given Jamie's skills and powers, in an arena setting with no prep time. It is a feat that I could see very few street level characters do.

MrHeavySilence
How long do you think it took him to tap his foot repeatedly? An hour? Now I understand that there isn't a stopwatch in the corner of the page showing exactly how long each action took, but I think it is fairly clear that it only took a matter of seconds for him to create the dupes.

Dude, if you watch one of the scans where Batman is dodging bullets, you could say that he'd take out dozens of Jamies at a single time cause it seems like he moves dizzyingly fast. It's just not concrete evidence that he could duplicate so fast, you know?

How big do you think the gas cloud would be? 10 or 20 feet in diameter? He only has to hold his breath long enough to walk the 10 or 20 or however big you think this gas could would be to get out of it.

It is possible that Jamie could generate enough to leave the cloud, which Batman could only stop by using liquid nitrogen capsules to freeze them as blockades so the other duplicates are trapped, or bombs to wipe out the edges of Jamies, or other ways of securing the perimeter. Batman moves fast enough to dodge bullets and go circles around people, so I doubt it would be a hard task.

I'm not sure of what his current top number is as he has (like everyone else) been upgraded over the years. I know that it is in the mid to upper hundreds, but I'm not sure if he has ever pushed it beyond that.

Good to know he has limits.

If Jamie fights like an idiot then yes Batman can win, but keep in mind that Jamie isn't an idiot either. He sent numerous dupes into the world to live different lives and accumulate skills (such as becoming a Buddhist monk, study different martial arts, picking locks, learning Russian, becoming a licenced attorney, participating on a Olympic gymnastic team, and others) all of which he then absorbed back into himself. Given all that I think and his mutant power I think it would take a little more than a few gas pellets to beat him.

Impossible to determine if any of that makes a difference.

I still say Batman has a chance to win.

TheKahn

Dude, if you watch one of the scans where Batman is dodging bullets, you could say that he'd take out dozens of Jamies at a single time cause it seems like he moves dizzyingly fast. It's just not concrete evidence that he could duplicate so fast, you know?
But that is his problem as physical attacks, even every quick ones, won't work here and there hasn't been any evidence shown to demonstrate that his gas attack would work fast enough either. As to the speed of Jamie's duplication just imagine how fast you could stamp your feet or snap your fingers if it was a life or death situation. That is as fast as Jamie can create dupes and that is as fast as they can create other dupes. Also keep in mind that each dupes would have Jamie's martial arts, gymnastic, and other skills as well.

It is possible that Jamie could generate enough to leave the cloud, which Batman could only stop by using liquid nitrogen capsules to freeze them as blockades so the other duplicates are trapped, or bombs to wipe out the edges of Jamies, or other ways of securing the perimeter. Batman moves fast enough to dodge bullets and go circles around people, so I doubt it would be a hard task.
I think it would be quite a difficult task as he would have to keep track of dozens if not hundreds of constantly multiplying opponents each with Olympic level gymnastic skills, some of whom may be directly attacking him. Also thanks to Jamie's ability to create a dupe inside an opponent, then everyone of the copies would have an instant kill they got near Batman.

Impossible to determine if any of that makes a difference.
How is it impossible to determine if having martial arts skills and being an Olympic level athlete would make a difference in a fight? eer

I still say Batman has a chance to win.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

MrHeavySilence

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Alright then.

Swanky-Tuna
And here are some scans of Jamie creating dupes (thanks to Black Adam)
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/9939/multipleman10gd.th.jpg
Well, what a surprise. His power looks exactly how it is described in all of his bios.

If worst comes to worst, Batman can hide out. With his conditioning he'll have no problem waiting until the Madroxes are dying of dehydration.

MrHeavySilence
Question: how does Multiple Man react to sound blasters?

DarkCrawler
Like any human would...

MrHeavySilence
Like any human would...

That's good to know, can they still duplicate when they're near death, like at the edge of a batarang in their head?

The Fake Macoy
Can Batman throw Batarangs when he's been beaten to death by a mob?

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Can Batman throw Batarangs when he's been beaten to death by a mob?

According to Dark Crawler, it would take 7 seconds to create a mob. I'm willing to bet Batman can pull out something in microseconds.

There are many things Batman can do to disable Multiple Man:

Sound Blasters (Ultrasonic weapons) to knock them out

Concussion Grenades/Explosives (probably enough take a cluster of them during the first few seconds)

Sleeping Gas and other types of Gas

Razor-Edge Batarangs (And he can throw 3 or 4 at a time)

Laser Cutting Torch and cut them all in half during the first few seconds

All in all, Batman HAS what it takes to hold Multiple Man down.

Batman 4/10
Multiple Man 6/10

All that 10/10 bull is super pushing it.

Blair Wind
Batman doesnt kill, so razor batarangs, explosives, and a laser cutting torch against a opponent he doesnt really know wouldnt happen. I can see him gasing the guy, but it all comes down to whos quicker the mob, or Batman using gas instead of brute force.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Batman doesnt kill, so razor batarangs, explosives, and a laser cutting torch against a opponent he doesnt really know wouldnt happen. I can see him gasing the guy, but it all comes down to whos quicker the mob, or Batman using gas instead of brute force.

Forum Rules: The opponents know the general information about each other.

Bats might know there's one or more Jamies out there, away from the battle.

Blair Wind
general knowledge: MM can duplicate. Bats doesnt know how many, how he does it....too many blanks. IF bats used the gas, then sure he might win. But remember that all of MMs dupes have been around the world. He might be on par in MA skills, he is a detective, and he has the numbers advantage.

diabloman
batman can take on multiple man one at a time of course. but all at once i doubt it there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.