Vong Slayer Vs Marka Ragnos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent Krueger
I think Vong wins due to their uberness. At least from Avis's theory.

Darth Avis
ha ha. waste of a thread. Ragnos pwns.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Darth Avis
ha ha. waste of a thread. Ragnos pwns.

Ah so you do have a Brain in that tiny skull of yours

Darth Avis
damn you are a noob.

Hokage Yoda
damn you are a noob.

Oh I'm sorry I don't speak ***

tdtd
Ragnos would make him his *****

Admiral Akbar
Ragnos has no idea how to beat a species like this, but I bet he could come up with something.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
Oh I'm sorry I don't speak ***

Do you speak 'ban'? Keep it up, smart guy.

Ragnos eats the Vong.

tdtd
LOL! Rex made a funny!

Faunus
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Ragnos has no idea how to beat a species like this, but I bet he could come up with something.

How 'bout cleaving it in two?

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Captain REX
Do you speak 'ban'? Keep it up, smart guy.

Ragnos eats the Vong.

LOL

Captain REX
Or just plain eating it. no expression

Razielim
*Marka fires a powerful blast of Dark Side energy at the Vong*

Vong: Haha. Noob. That shit don't hurt me.

Marka: STFU *cuts Vong in half*

There's the fight, folks.

tdtd
Unfounded assumption, Ragnos is a vegetariansmile

Hokage Yoda
AHAHAHA

Illustrious

So a Vong could easily resist a giant charged blade swung at its face at 100 miles an hour?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Illustrious
So a Vong could easily resist a giant charged blade swung at its face at 100 miles an hour?

Easily.

tdtd
Wow GV... Wow

Darth Avis
STOP MAKING FUN OF ME! *RUNS TO MY ROOM WEEPING*

Faunus
*blows up room*

Darth Avis
lol

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Faunus
How 'bout cleaving it in two?

Isnt the Vong resistant to physical attacks? I know Ragnos has a sword powered by Sith Alchemy, but lets not forget the vong are force immune.

tdtd
Yea but the Vong aren't immune to a huge heavy sword coming at you at a blazing speed..

Darth Avis
Amphistaphs can be cut through as proved in TUF.

tdtd
Especially by someone like Ragnos who possessed enormous physical strength

Darth Avis
And a magic sword

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by tdtd
Yea but the Vong aren't immune to a huge heavy sword coming at you at a blazing speed..

Well, obviously not Immune, but possibly resistant. Like they are resistant to lightsabers.

"Amphistaphs can be cut through as proved in TUF."

True, but thats not the only weapon they have.

Darth Avis
it is the most durable unless you think a coufee can take a hit by teh majoc sored!

Admiral Akbar
Well, the Vong have more than just a coufee, although we dont know how powerful a coufee is. It could possibly withstand damage from a sword. Who knows..

tdtd
You don't understand.. They're not resistent to lightsabers, they just heal up quick enough after a blow. Try going at them at a blazing speed and then see if they heel as quickly. Then add monsterous, heavy sword to that velocity and you'll cut the Vong in half.

Lightsnake
That's if the sword cuts through their armor...we saw a slayer take a saber with only a small furrow.

YOu haven't even READ NJO

tdtd
I don't have to read MJO, they're called cliffnotes. I am well aware of their so called "immunity" to a saber, which is really regeneration. But again, the power, the weight, and the speed of a sword with cortosis, would cut through a Vong.

Admiral Akbar
You don't understand.. They're not resistent to lightsabers, they just heal up quick enough after a blow. Try going at them at a blazing speed and then see if they heel as quickly. Then add monsterous, heavy sword to that velocity and you'll cut the Vong in half.

They are resistant to lightsabers because of the fact that they can regenerate so quickly. What makes you think they cant regenerate from a sword? Especially that a lightsaber is far more powerful than metal. And isint Sith Alchemy powered by the force? The Vong are immune to it.

Those little bugs that the Yuuzhan Vong use called a Thud Bug has carapace that cannot be broken down by any physical attacks such as swords. And a carapace is an exoskeloton on Crustaceans, correct? Well Crabs are classified as Crustaceans, so wouldent that make Voduun Crab Armor also heavily resistant to Physical attacks?

tdtd
Ok let me try to explain.. The Sith Swords with cortosis are equivalent to a lightsaber except for 1 factor. They are extremely heavy, and the ancient sith swung them as fast as lightsabers are swung. When you combine velocity+weight, you'll see that those two factors alone won't allow the Vong to regenerate quickly, or at all.

Admiral Akbar
Read what I added.

tdtd
I understand what you're saying man but their regeneration is based on the effectiveness of a hit. A saber weighs nothing so the only thing you can do with a saber to get past the regeneration is swing it faster than the eye can see.. With a sword your ability to regenerate will be incredibly reduced when youre getting slashed with tremendous power and speed.

Admiral Akbar
But...carapace that cannot be broken down by any physical attacks such as swords. And a carapace is an exoskeloton on Crustaceans, correct? Well Crabs are classified as Crustaceans, so wouldent that make Voduun Crab Armor also heavily resistant to Physical attacks?

You dident answer my question TdTd.

tdtd
It's not a sword, it's a sword with cortosis powered by sith Alchemy, so it essentially does the same damage as a lightsaber, if not more due to it's massive weight and power.

Janus Marius
Wow, energy resistance = physical blade resistance?

Congratulations for failure at logic. Let's just simply everything like that.

Vader can block a blaster bolt. Blaster bolt = .44 magnum. Therefore, Vader beats Dirty Harry.

Or this one...

Wile E. Coyote takes shotgun to face. Therefore, Wile E. Coyote can withstand a flamethrower.

Let me know when the sarcasm sinks in.

So unless the Vong's subatomic particles are so densely packed that they can't be cut at all, I see a slayer in two pieces on the ground getting curbstomped by a bored Ragnos.

Admiral Akbar
Cortosis is still classified as a metal. And Isn't Sith Alchemy powered by the force?

tdtd
Originally posted by Janus Marius

Vader can block a blaster bolt. Blaster bolt = .44 magnum. Therefore, Vader beats Dirty Harry.

Or this one...

Wile E. Coyote takes shotgun to face. Therefore, Wile E. Coyote can withstand a flamethrower.

So unless the Vong's subatomic particles are so densely packed that they can't be cut at all, I see a slayer in two pieces on the ground getting curbstomped by a bored Ragnos.

Exactly. Janus, your sarcasm turns me on.

Janus Marius
Cortosis is still classified as a metal. And Isn't Sith Alchemy powered by the force?

http://www.hep.uiuc.edu/home/g-gollin/redherring.gif

tdtd
What the hell LOL

Janus Marius
Exactly. Janus, your sarcasm turns me on.

Silence, infidel! This is a PG-13 forum! Homosexual innuendo is prohibited!

Janus Marius
And that's a Red Herring, btw.

tdtd
Yea I was about to say lol. PSh homosexual my ass.. Sex is just a gender.

Admiral Akbar

Or this one...

You dont get the point Im not arguing that A vong can withstand a physical attack because they are resistant to lightsabers. I said that the Vongs have Thud Bugs that the carapace they wear cannot be broken down by any physical attacks. Carapace is an exoskeleton for Crustaceans. Meaning crab armor should also be resistant.

Admiral Akbar
http://www.hep.uiuc.edu/home/g-gollin/redherring.gif

A fish?

tdtd
Red Herring, logical fallacy.

Janus Marius
Yeah, but I've been warned not to disobey the suddenly strict censoring of this forum, and I'm being made the example of of the hundreds of posts made here with insulting and offensive posts and pictures. Don't want to get me in trouble now do you?

http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/bcz/newpics/censored.jpg

^ Officially censored pic.

tdtd
Dude, what are you smoking?

Janus Marius
You dont get the point Im not arguing that A vong can withstand a physical attack because they are resistant to lightsabers. I said that the Vongs have Thud Bugs that the carapace they wear cannot be broken down by any physical attacks. Carapace is an exoskeleton for Crustaceans. Meaning crab armor should also be resistant.

You don't get the point. A beam of energy != a physical attack. A lightsaber does not push through things, it excited the molecules of things and rends them in pieces. It's not a big glowing knife. If it were purely a physical attack, Qui Gon Jinn wouldn't be systematically melting a space aged blast door with it.

tdtd
hmm I've never thought of that. I just assumed a sith sword is the same as a lightsaber except heavier and obviously a lot more powerful when swung.

Admiral Akbar
A big metal sword is ALSO a physical attack.

tdtd
Dude it's not JUST a big sword. It's a sword powered by cortosis and sith alchemy.

Janus Marius
A sith blade is a real physical object that's pretty damn strong, especially in the hands of a sith lord. A lightsaber is weightless, so realistically you can't push it through anything. The only way it can pass through things is to incite that reaction, which does all the work for it.

Admiral Akbar
Powered by cortosis? Isnt the sword made of cortosis? Plus what is Sith Alchemy exactly? Is it force powered?

tdtd
Yea it's made my cortosis my bad, and it's powered by sith alchemy..

Janus Marius
A big metal sword is ALSO a physical attack.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~foo/wtf.jpg

What is your major malfunction? Sith blade is physical. It can be pushed through something. We see lesser sith lords pushing them through walls with relative ease. A ightsaber doesn't have the same advantage because it relies on a reaction, not brute strength.

And if the Vong were so damn uber that they couldn't be killed by lightsabers, how is it that Luke Skywalker hacks them up like children?

Captain REX
Sith Alchemy is Force-imbued, it's not an active Force power going into the sword from the user. Sith Alchemy allows things to be altered, such as sharpenss of a sword being raised to the cutting abilities of a lightsaber, or keeping the sword at a temperature of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit, or giving your dog an exoskeleton, whatever.

tdtd
Lol...Wait.. AHAHAHAAHA...

Admiral Akbar
A sith blade is a real physical object that's pretty damn strong, especially in the hands of a sith lord. A lightsaber is weightless, so realistically you can't push it through anything. The only way it can pass through things is to incite that reaction, which does all the work for it.

Last time I checked the Vong have metal eating bacteria. Couldent they just use that to weaken the sword. And then possibly break it down.

tdtd

Admiral Akbar
http://koti.mbnet.fi/~foo/wtf.jpg

What is your major malfunction? Sith blade is physical. It can be pushed through something. We see lesser sith lords pushing them through walls with relative ease. A ightsaber doesn't have the same advantage because it relies on a reaction, not brute strength.

And if the Vong were so damn uber that they couldn't be killed by lightsabers, how is it that Luke Skywalker hacks them up like children?

That is exactly what I said. A sword is a physical object.

Janus Marius
Last time I checked the Vong have metal eating bacteria. Couldent they just use that to weaken the sword. And then possibly break it down.

Metal eating bacteria?

Oh, this is priceless....

Tell me exactly how this bacteria will overcome a sith blade? Before it lops of the slayer's head?

Admiral Akbar

Yes, look it up.

Admiral Akbar
Metal eating bacteria?

Oh, this is priceless....

Tell me exactly how this bacteria will overcome a sith blade? Before it lops of the slayer's head?

Nevertheless true.

A sith blade is a metal object Cortosis or not It can be broken down.

tdtd
My my Janus, that's special..

tdtd
Nevertheless true.

But it can be altered wth sith alchemy.

Faunus
Yeah, slowly. Besides, the Vong don't carry around aerosol spray cans with bacteria in them. . . And even if they did:

Slayer: *sprays*
Ragnos: *cleaves*

Janus Marius
Nevertheless true.

Okay, I see you still lost the point...

Despite the fact that you're the first person to claim that a Slayer is going to have some sort of bacteria growing up his ass that eats metal, you don't address certain points...

1. That the blade is an alien metal, and its properties are likely altered and/or enhanced by sith magics.

2. One swipe = bisected Vong. Not a whole lot of time to wait for bacteria to kick in.

3. Ragnos grabs the Slayer and crushes him with bare hands.

4. Ragnos uses sceptre to obliterate Vong.

5. Ragnos uses force to encapsulate Vong in rock.

6. Insert random force/melee/clever feat here...

tdtd
LOL

Admiral Akbar
But it can be altered wth sith alchemy. Proof?

Captain REX
6. Janus comes in and eats the Vong and Ragnos himself. no expression

tdtd
What proof do you want? Have you played Jedi Academy? Have you read GAOTS? Have you seen the red and blue glowing? Perhaps not.

Darth Avis
lol. good to have you back janus! Just out of curiosity and of an earlier statement, do you drink beer, and if you do, do you get drunk?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Faunus
Yeah, slowly. Besides, the Vong don't carry around aerosol spray cans with bacteria in them. . . And even if they did:

Slayer: *sprays*
Ragnos: *cleaves*

They dont need aerosol cans. They carry Bo'tous in their lungs. Once they breathe it out they can poison and kill everyone around them.

tdtd
oy

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Captain REX
6. Janus comes in and eats the Vong and Ragnos himself. no expression

That's a bit rough on the teeth and stomach, dude.

I prefer just to dothis.

Darth Avis
um they dont. only elan had that. Bo'tos kills the user.

tdtd
Holy shit I'm cracking up here

Admiral Akbar
Okay, I see you still lost the point...
Despite the fact that you're the first person to claim that a Slayer is going to have some sort of bacteria growing up his ass that eats metal, you don't address certain points...
1. That the blade is an alien metal, and its properties are likely altered and/or enhanced by sith magics.
2. One swipe = bisected Vong. Not a whole lot of time to wait for bacteria to kick in.
3. Ragnos grabs the Slayer and crushes him with bare hands.
4. Ragnos uses sceptre to obliterate Vong.
5. Ragnos uses force to encapsulate Vong in rock.
6. Insert random force/melee/clever feat here...

HaHa

1.) Likely? Sounds like an assumption.

2.)Metal eating bacteria is not the only thing they have. I doubt one swipe would kill it. They regenerate.

3.) Slayers are powerful species themselves. Whether Ragnos will be able to grasp his hands around a Vong succesfully is the question. Considering the fact that the Vong have thud bugs.

4.) Proof that the sceptre could kill it?

5.) Who said their is debris laying around the arena.

6.).......................................................................

Borbarad

What the...?

First I'd like to see how a bacteria attacks a sword made out of cortosis or equal material (able to withstand lightsaber hits) in a time that Ragnos needs to place a few - or only one - hit at his opponent.

And even if we assume that this is possible. Have a look at Ragnos. That guy is a muscle-packed, massive mixture of man and insectoid Sith able to move at unbelieveable high speed - something like Shimmra on steroids after receiving an adrenaline injection. If he loses his sword to a metal eating bacteria - for some reason - I guess he would be able to tear the Slayer apart with his bare hands.

This is not even mentioning that you miss the kynetic energy behind a sword strike coming from Ragnos. Even if you wear an armor that won't break or get cut into pieces by such an attack the energy behind such a strike is still enough to break your bones. And we know that Vong armor isn't able to withstand hits by normal melee weapons since Bolpuhr (Leia's Noghri bodyguard) managed to stab a Vong warrior through his sternum using a knife.

Admiral Akbar
um they dont. only elan had that. Bo'tos kills the user.

Where does it say only Elan had that? It also kills everything around it.

tdtd
HaHa

1.) Likely? Sounds like an assumption.

2.)Metal eating bacteria is not the only thing they have. I doubt one swipe would kill it. They regenerate.

3.) Slayers are powerful species themselves. Whether Ragnos will be able to grasp his hands around a Vong succesfully is the question. Considering the fact that the Vong have thud bugs.

4.) Proof that the sceptre could kill it?

5.) Who said their is debris laying around the arena.

6.).......................................................................

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Borbarad
What the...?

First I'd like to see how a bacteria attacks a sword made out of cortosis or equal material (able to withstand lightsaber hits) in a time that Ragnos needs to place a few - or only one - hit at his opponent.

And even if we assume that this is possible. Have a look at Ragnos. That guy is a muscle-packed, massive mixture of man and insectoid Sith able to move at unbelieveable high speed - something like Shimmra on steroids after receiving an adrenaline injection. If he loses his sword to a metal eating bacteria - for some reason - I guess he would be able to tear the Slayer apart with his bare hands.

This is not even mentioning that you miss the kynetic energy behind a sword strike coming from Ragnos. Even if you wear an armor that won't break or get cut into pieces by such an attack the energy behind such a strike is still enough to break your bones. And we know that Vong armor isn't able to withstand hits by normal melee weapons since Bolpuhr (Leia's Noghri bodyguard) managed to stab a Vong warrior through his sternum using a knife.

It seems like Shimmra would give Ragnos a better matchup than a regular Vong Slayer.

Admiral Akbar

Lately you have just been typing LOL, ahha and posting ridiculous pictures. I would like to hear your opinion.

Darth Avis
Where does it say only Elan had that? It also kills everything around it. Here is something you didn't expect. WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT SLAYERS HAVE BO'TOS?

tdtd
Lately you have just been typing LOL, ahha and posting ridiculous pictures. I would like to hear your opinion.

ok..

Captain REX
Sorry, tdtd, but you can't use the picture if it says a word blatantly...

Meanwhile, I'm trying to use the phone!

tdtd
Dude what the hell, do I not know how to upload pictures properly? Because they don't show up like Janus'.

Captain REX
Janus doesn't attache them...aaaand back on topic! big grin

Jonathan Mark
Dude what the hell, do I not know how to upload pictures properly? Because they don't show up like Janus'.
It's the secret of long time members... shifty

tdtd
**** that my ass isn't going to host those bitches... Damn you people.

Admiral Akbar
Here is something you didn't expect. WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT SLAYERS HAVE BO'TOS?

Slayers as well as everyone else are classified as The Yuuzhan Vong race. BO'TOS is a Yuuzhan Vong weapon. Why wouldent they have it.

Its like trying to argue that Wookies dont have grenade launchers just because you dont seem them use it.

Admiral Akbar
ok..

Ahem..

Darth Avis
Slayers as well as everyone else are classified as The Yuuzhan Vong race. BO'TOS is a Yuuzhan Vong weapon. Why wouldent they have it.

Its like trying to argue that Wookies dont have grenade launchers just because you dont seem them use it. Okay than. I am a human. humans made guns. humans use guns. By that logic i should use guns because i am human. I DONT USE GUNS!

Illustrious

Its like trying to argue that Wookies dont have grenade launchers just because you dont seem them use it.

That's like saying every underling Sith in the damn Empire has a Nihilus style Force Drain because Nihilus derived it from the Ancient Sith.

First of all, you're missing the point. Like Janus and Nai says, a sith sword is substantially different from a lightsaber. With sith alchemy, it could have a extremely fine cutting point. Also, it has this thing called kinetic energy and momentum going for it, something a saber does not have. The second the sword comes into contact with their exoskeleton, energy transfers and there is change in momentum, or impact.

Even if the Vong can resist the initial blow, the impact would be huge and they're likely be sent careening into next week.

tdtd
First of all, you're missing the point. Like Janus and Nai says, a sith sword is substantially different from a lightsaber. and they're likely be sent careening into next week.

I am ALWAYS excluded, wtf.. I HATE you guys.. Bastards

Darth Avis
calm down.
do you want some candy? A hug maybe? hug

tdtd
**** that shit

Darth Avis
meany

Admiral Akbar
Okay than. I am a human. humans made guns. humans use guns. By that logic i should use guns because i am human. I DONT USE GUNS! Are you a warrior? Are you part of the army. You see. Yuuzhan Vong weapons were made for people in the warrior class, just like guns are made for people in the army. I find it very unlikely that a slayer does not have BO'TUS.

Motoko Sama
Guns are used by rednecks in trailer parks too.

But seriously, why would every Vong have a bo'tous? When we haven't had any notation of any Vong using it other than Elan.

Admiral Akbar
That's like saying every underling Sith in the damn Empire has a Nihilus style Force Drain because Nihilus derived it from the Ancient Sith.

First of all, you're missing the point. Like Janus and Nai says, a sith sword is substantially different from a lightsaber. With sith alchemy, it could have a extremely fine cutting point. Also, it has this thing called kinetic energy and momentum going for it, something a saber does not have. The second the sword comes into contact with their exoskeleton, energy transfers and there is change in momentum, or impact.

Even if the Vong can resist the initial blow, the impact would be huge and they're likely be sent careening into next week. My question earlier was if Sith Alchemy would affect a Vong at all. I asked if a sword powered by Sith Alchemy was the same as a sowrd powered by the force. If so then I dont see how the Vong could be affected because they are immune to the force.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
Guns are used by rednecks in trailer parks too. Great, so even people outside of the warrior class could posses BO'TUS according to your post.

But seriously, why would every Vong have a bo'tous? When we haven't had any notation of any Vong using it other than Elan.

It really depends on when Elan used it. Why doesnt Luke Skywalker use his lightning whenever he engages in a duel? Maybe because he doesnt need to use it unless its extremely nessasary. The same could apply for the Vong Warriors.

tdtd
My question earlier was if Sith Alchemy would affect a Vong at all. I asked if a sword powered by Sith Alchemy was the same as a sowrd powered by the force. If so then I dont see how the Vong could be affected because they are immune to the force.

What swords are powered by the force dude? I've never even heard of such a concept. I think you fail to understand the difference between the force, and sith alchemy, which are two entirely different things.

BLAK FOX
Sith alchemy is a branch of sith magic.

Motoko Sama
Great, so even people outside of the warrior class could posses BO'TUS according to your post.

O RLY?

NO SHIT?

R U 4REAL?

We only seen Priestess Elan use it, so of course it would not be restricive to the Vong warriors. Maybe it was specified for her, and not the Warrior caste.

Why don't you just provide some convincing evidence for your assertions.

Sorry, tool, but you're wrong. We've seen Luke use it, we know Luke has it. Can the same be said for a Vong slayer and the Bo'tous?

tdtd
Sith Magic and Sith alchemy aren't exactly the same things either, but comparing the force to sith alchemy doesn't work.

tdtd
O RLY?

NO SHIT?

R U 4REAL?

We only seen Priestess Elan use it, so of course it would not be restricive to the Vong warriors. Maybe it was specified for her, and not the Warrior caste.

Sorry, tool, but you're wrong. We've seen Luke use it, we know Luke has it. Can the same be said for a Vong slayer and the Bo'tous?

http://victorjr.users.superford.org/pictures/various/owned/owned4.jpg

BLAK FOX
No tdtd. Sith alchemy is a branch of sith magic. Are you trying to say that it didn't require the force to create Kun's amulets or Ragnos' scepter.

BLAK FOX
tdtd have you got the hots for Mokoto Sama.

tdtd
Originally posted by BLAK FOX
No tdtd. Sith alchemy is a branch of sith magic. Are you trying to say that it didn't require the force to create Kun's amulets or Ragnos' scepter.

Why are you calling it the force? No, Sith Alchemy created Kun's amulet and Ragnos' scepter.. And yes Sith Alchemy is a brand of sith magic, I don't know why I said it wasn't.. Oh well. And no, I don't have the hots for anybody, but I do have a fan club and all the girls are on my taint anyways.

BLAK FOX
And sith magic is the dark side of the force that the ancient sith practiced.

Admiral Akbar
What swords are powered by the force dude? I've never even heard of such a concept. I think you fail to understand the difference between the force, and sith alchemy, which are two entirely different things.

Which is why I was asking. I wasnt stating anything.

BLAK FOX
Ajunta Pall's blade was powered by the force.

Admiral Akbar
O RLY?

NO SHIT?

R U 4REAL?

Just because we see one use it and not others does not mean others cant use it. Luke is different he made emarald lightning its his creation. So of course he would be the only one to use it. Whereas BO'TUS was not created by Elan, meaning Elan might not be the only one that can use it.
Again, Luke is the only one who has it. He created it. Elan DID NOT create BO'TUS, so it's a big possiblilty that other Vongs have it.

Darth Avis
then how come in all of the 19 books in the series, only Elan used it?

tdtd
Ajunta Pall's blade was powered by the force.

I don't know enough about that gameplay nonsense.. All it did was make him go insane because of the dark side energy surrounding it. For all we know it could have been anything, but we know very little.

Admiral Akbar
Why are you calling it the force? No, Sith Alchemy created Kun's amulet and Ragnos' scepter.. And yes Sith Alchemy is a brand of sith magic, I don't know why I said it wasn't.. Oh well. And no, I don't have the hots for anybody, but I do have a fan club and all the girls are on my taint anyways.

Lightning is classified as "magic" yet we see a Vong nudge it off.

tdtd
Lightning isn't magic my friend. Lightning is a force power, nothing more. The Vong are immune to the force, not alterations, not Sith Alchemy/Magic.

Jonathan Mark
Lightning isn't magic my friend. Lightning is a force power, nothing more. The Vong are immune to the force, not alterations, not Sith Alchemy/Magic.
Sith Magic = Force

Vong immune to Force or at least so resistant that it has hardly any effect.

tdtd
In that case Sith Alchemy!=Sith Magic.

Darth Avis
this whole thread was made to make fun of me. you do all know that right?

Admiral Akbar
then how come in all of the 19 books in the series, only Elan used it?

Just because Elan was the only one that used it does not mean that others cannot.

Jakan possesed the ability to use BO'TUS.

And OMINI had the ability to produce deadly toxins. LEathal enough to kill people around him. We only dident see him use it because Jacen was able to neutralize them.

Admiral Akbar

And how exactly is Sith Alchemy made? How do they create Sith magic.

tdtd
How in the world would I know?

Admiral Akbar
Well, the force creates everything. Everything is felt through the force. It makes sense that they use the force to create "Magic."

tdtd
I suppose in essence yes, but Sith Alchemy, although created by the force, can be used against the the Vong. The Vong are only resistant to force attacks.. Too much semantics.

Admiral Akbar
True, but because they are resistant to force attacks we cant assume they are not resistant to Magic. They could be. Might not...

tdtd
Ok but I still call force lightning a force attack, hence it's name. All of these normal everyday Jedi/Sith attacks are useless against the vong.

Motoko Sama
Didn't Kyp Durron use Force Strike on the Vong in one of the books?

Admiral Akbar
Of course. But then what was Naga Sadow doing before his battle with Ludo. He was drawing some sort of lightning from the sword. I believe he was using the force to do so.

Admiral Akbar
Didn't Kyp Durron use Force Strike on the Vong in one of the books? Did he? I dont remember..

tdtd
Didn't Kyp Durron use Force Strike on the Vong in one of the books?

I believe Kyp had Vong Sense if he did do this.
Of course. But then what was Naga Sadow doing before his battle with Ludo. He was drawing some sort of lightning from the sword. I believe he was using the force to do so.

I guess you can call that Sith Alchemy or Sith Magic I don't know, Ragnos' scepter had the same glow. But the point is the Vong are resistant to force attacks, not powerful swords powered by the dark side, force or not.

Admiral Akbar
Im sure Ragnos could possibly deal with a slayer with some effort. He might have a difficult time with Shimmra though.. How did Luke kill the Overlord again?

tdtd
I'm pretty sure he used his emerald lightning on it, which means 1 of two things.. Either

A. He created an attack so powerful in energy, that it got around the immunity to the force.
B. Pretty much like A, but designed specifically for beings immune to the force.

And I"m more than sure Ragnos could easily take down the overlord, as Ragnos was extremly powerful.

Lightsnake
And Shimrra wasn't?

Borbarad
Originally posted by Lightsnake
And Shimrra wasn't?

Compared to an ancient Sith Lord ? No.

Those people moved pretty fast, put their swords through stone walls, tables and shattered them with bare hands. I don't think Shimrra has that kind of physical strength - not to mention the possibility to power up your natural physical strength using the force...

Lightsnake
How do we know how fast they were? Vong were extremely fast. And about that stone wall, don't we just see it hit the wall? There's no slicing through stone that we can see.

And Shimrra is only the strongest member of a race whose politician class is about twice as strong as a human. And Shimrra's far from an Intendant.

tdtd
1. Look at the scans when the ancient sith lords fight with the swords.. You see the speed with the traces of the swords..
2. We know the ancient sith such as Sadow and Kressh were extremely strong, and Ragnos is superior to them in strength..

Lightsnake
Shhh, the big boys are talking

tdtd
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Shhh, the big boys are talking

Says the one who always embarasses himself when he posts, and is always wrong.. Way to go lightsnake, but as you said, the big boys are talking and since youre incompetent and illogical, keep quiet and let us debate this, although it's already obvious.

BLAK FOX
1. Look at the scans when the ancient sith lords fight with the swords.. You see the speed with the traces of the swords..
2. We know the ancient sith such as Sadow and Kressh were extremely strong, and Ragnos is superior to them in strength..

How do you know that Ragnos was physically stronger then them.

kamikz

I'm not familiar with comics and such, but I've seen many others and they all have that kind of stuff. I just thought it was made to show from where they are striking and actually showing that they were striking, otherwise it would look like they were standing still.
But as I said, unfamiliar with the ways comics are made, so they might as well be speed traces...

I asked you last time where it said that they were so strong, but I never got an answere. Can you tell me now?

tdtd
How do you know that Ragnos was physically stronger then them.

Because the author made it a point to discuss Ragnos' tremendous physical strength.. And again, if Sadow or Kressh were stronger, they would have challenged him.

Originally posted by kamikz
I'm not familiar with comics and such, but I've seen many others and they all have that kind of stuff. I just thought it was made to show from where they are striking and actually showing that they were striking, otherwise it would look like they were standing still.
But as I said, unfamiliar with the ways comics are made, so they might as well be speed traces...

I asked you last time where it said that they were so strong, but I never got an answere. Can you tell me now?

It doesn't say where they were strong, it only talks about Ragnos. However, we see Ludo Kressh shatter his sword in half, and you see their swords slice through brick buildings, so they are extremely powerful.

Lightsnake
Actually the author never mentions Marka besides the first comic. And he says nothing of his power in conjunction with anyone else's, let alone physical

tdtd
Um.. "Tremendous physical strength and a terrifying grasp of the dark side". Way to downplay facts as usual Lightsnake.

Lightsnake
Except KJA never wrote that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>