X-Men : Official Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rewmac
So, the game is out for PC and consoles on the 16th...I've seen the graphs so I think it should be a good game...Wolverine is finally lookin' cool in an X-Men game and we got Nightcrawler in a major role...

http://www.fantascienza.com/magazine/imgbank/NEWS/x3_1.jpg

Rewmac
Some screens....

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8576/93198020060327screen0023tv.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5531/93198120060206screen0051qk.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6835/93198520060509screen0011mr.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/729/93198520060509screen0030px.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4557/93198520060509screen0049ox.th.jpg

Rewmac
More screens...

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8977/93198520060509screen0059tf.th.jpg

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6672/93198520060509screen0071dl.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1291/93198520060509screen0086ho.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7139/93198520060509screen0093rd.th.jpg

Rewmac
There are 3 confirmed playable...Wolverine,IceMan and Nightcrawler...It hasn't really be fully said that others won't be playable or there are any sparring modes...But as for Colossus,Magnet,Multimple Man,Lady Deathstrike and Sabretooth are in the game...It havsn't been confirmed that any of them are playable...

Rewmac
Activision's series of games built around the X-Men film trilogy has been a perfect example of this, by enlisting Patrick Stewart in the past to reprise his role as Professor X. However, where corners were previously cut (prolific voice actor and former Skywalker Mark Hamill played Wolverine in X2: Wolverine's Revenge) in past X-Men games, Activision has snared the original film actors for all three of the leads in its upcoming X-Men: The Official Game, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Hamill is out and Hugh Jackman is in as Wolverine, while Shawn Ashmore and Alan Cumming provide voices for Iceman and Nightcrawler, respectively. Cumming's presence is particularly interesting as he won't be appearing in the film that the game is helping to promote. However, the game takes place between the events of X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand and will shed some light on the character's absence from the third film.

Rewmac
{---Movies---}

H. S. 6
Could be good, could be bad. I'm betting bad.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Could be good, could be bad. I'm betting bad.

Agreed. wink

jrodslam
Well as far as i know, those are going to be the only playable characters for them game. IF i do get the game, the only reason for it would be to play with Iceman. Im still debating with myself though. I think its gonna be an average game.

Rewmac
I think for the fans it is going to be good....Graphics seem nice, and finally Wolverine looks cool...And Nighcrawlers tricks are gonna rock so I heard...

Sparkz
Nightcrawler is supposed to be the best character which is new normaly X-men games just amp up wolverine...just look at x-men legends wolverine couldnt die lol.

Dark Shazam93

Sparkz

Dark Shazam93

Rewmac
I suppose this game could be said "FUN". If you like the films, the X-Men feeling it will a good one...But for these type games playstation2 or XboX is the best platform (I prefer ps2 since I got that)...Well grapchics on ps2...Hmmm...If you got a good TV graphics look better big grinbig grinbig grin

FG725
It looks to much like it's based on X-men 2

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Rewmac
I suppose this game could be said "FUN". If you like the films, the X-Men feeling it will a good one...But for these type games playstation2 or XboX is the best platform (I prefer ps2 since I got that)...Well grapchics on ps2...Hmmm...If you got a good TV graphics look better big grinbig grinbig grin

Number one) The Xbox is capable of better graphics than PS2. It is commonly known that PS2 is weaker (in terms of graphics) than both the Xbox and the Gamecube.

Number two) The quality of a TV has nothing to do with the quality of a graphics on a game. Unless you're talking about HD, which I will assume you're not.

smile

batdude123
Gamecube having better graphics than PS2????!!!! That's laughable. laughing

Sparkz
Originally posted by batdude123

Its true, you take any game that is on both gamecube and ps2 and gamecube is always better...PS2 is the weakest console in terms of power.

Sparkz

Rewmac
Number one) The Xbox is capable of better graphics than PS2. It is commonly known that PS2 is weaker (in terms of graphics) than both the Xbox and the Gamecube.

Number two) The quality of a TV has nothing to do with the quality of a graphics on a game. Unless you're talking about HD, which I will assume you're not.

smile Gamecube hasn't got better graphics trust me I got a lot to to with consoles...Datas man and experience...And TV has lot giving the picture back better (not graphics)....

Rewmac
Originally posted by Sparkz
Its true, you take any game that is on both gamecube and ps2 and gamecube is always better...PS2 is the weakest console in terms of power. That's so not true...Maybe it hasn't got all that good graphics but it survives more than Xbox....It is true...I live by the console world for years now...So I know what I'm talking about....And still Gamecube hasn't got better graphs just take a look at Resident Evil 4 or any game came out to both...

Sparkz
That's so not true...Maybe it hasn't got all that good graphics but it survives more than Xbox....It is true...I live by the console world for years now...So I know what I'm talking about....And still Gamecube hasn't got better graphs just take a look at Resident Evil 4 or any game came out to both...

Just because it survies more than the other 2 consoles dosen't mean it has better graphics than the gamecube, and iv seen resident evil 4 the GC has the better graphics.

grey fox
That's so not true...Maybe it hasn't got all that good graphics but it survives more than Xbox....It is true...I live by the console world for years now...So I know what I'm talking about....And still Gamecube hasn't got better graphs just take a look at Resident Evil 4 or any game came out to both...

You do realise that half of the mini games in the ps2 version of RE4 are due to it having suckier graphics then the gamecube version.

H. S. 6
Gamecube hasn't got better graphics trust me I got a lot to to with consoles...Datas man and experience...And TV has lot giving the picture back better (not graphics)....

Check out RE4 for the Gamecube and compare it to the PS2 version, and you'll see what I mean. And don't tell me RE4 looks better on the PS2, because that's laughable.

People don't realize how powerfull the Cube really is because the console was never taken advantage of. It's not the peoples' fault, but that's how it is.

grey fox
Check out RE4 for the Gamecube and compare it to the PS2 version, and you'll see what I mean. And don't tell me RE4 looks better on the PS2, because that's laughable.

People don't realize how powerfull the Cube really is because the console was never taken advantage of. It's not the peoples' fault, but that's how it is.

Damn straight , I own a 'cube and their really kick-ass for graphics . Look at Resi 0 or 4 . As You said though the companies don't capitalise on the graphics for some reason....

H. S. 6
Originally posted by grey fox
Damn straight , I own a 'cube and their really kick-ass for graphics . Look at Resi 0 or 4 . As You said though the companies don't capitalise on the graphics for some reason....

yes

I own the Cube, Xbox, and PS2, and love them equally. stick out tongue

People just don't understand what the Cube can do.

...However, now that I've had my 360 for a bit, that's taken my love away from the others... stick out tongue

grey fox
Bah , i dislike the x-box , nintendo and sony all the way.

I picked up Godzilla : Save the earth today ...IT KICKS ASS !!!!!

Sparkz
Yeah I have a cube a ps2 and an xbox aswell, the only reason people don't think the cube is very good is because it does its own thing not trying to stand out, but realy its only slightly less powerful than the xbox.
All the consoles have their good points, but the PS2's bad point is that its graphical power sucks.

And what do you mean that Tv's effect the graphics of a console, how can they they don't improve the hardware in the consoles you know.

H. S. 6
And what do you mean that Tv's effect the graphics of a console, how can they they don't improve the hardware in the consoles you know.

I believe he was trying to say that the quality of a TV affects the quality of the picture, which is obvious.

Sparkz
I believe he was trying to say that the quality of a TV affects the quality of the picture, which is obvious.

Well yeah but there isnt that much diference in quality between TV's unless they were made like 20 years ago.

Xirius
From what Ive heard, Iceman is only playable for one level, where you fight Pyro. Ive heard that all he has is that one fight and no other gametime, so I dunno if this game will be worth buying.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Xirius
From what Ive heard, Iceman is only playable for one level, where you fight Pyro. Ive heard that all he has is that one fight and no other gametime, so I dunno if this game will be worth buying.

If this turns into just another wolverine game...

grey fox
If this turns into just another wolverine game...

.....Then i'll smash it.

Sparkz
Originally posted by grey fox
.....Then i'll smash it.

if it does can i send my copy to you aswell?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Xirius

Well, that sucks.

grey fox
if it does can i send my copy to you aswell?

Yup :wink:

Rewmac
Yeah I have a cube a ps2 and an xbox aswell, the only reason people don't think the cube is very good is because it does its own thing not trying to stand out, but realy its only slightly less powerful than the xbox.
All the consoles have their good points, but the PS2's bad point is that its graphical power sucks.

And what do you mean that Tv's effect the graphics of a console, how can they they don't improve the hardware in the consoles you know. I got 72cm TV in my room, usually I play on that, but when some friends come we play on the Plasma-TV and the game picture just comes back better....

And for Gamecube..Well I looked at the GamCube version videos again..Yeah RE4 got better graphic on that..But I also read the official data on a hungarian site....

GamCube graphical power is lower, the polygons it can show are less than the PS2 is capable of...

Rewmac
IceMan is playable and not only for one level...The game is devided to seven parts Nightcrawler story, Wolverine and IceMan each with it's indviduals...Equal part Wolvie,Bobby and Kurt...

Sparkz
I got 72cm TV in my room, usually I play on that, but when some friends come we play on the Plasma-TV and the game picture just comes back better....

And for Gamecube..Well I looked at the GamCube version videos again..Yeah RE4 got better graphic on that..But I also read the official data on a hungarian site....

GamCube graphical power is lower, the polygons it can show are less than the PS2 is capable of...

Ok then sony is just plain lazy

Mr. Valentine
or maybe because its alot older?! Damn stop moaning about ps2 when the other consoles had time to imrpove...like how better the PS3 will be compared 2 all other next gen consoles big grin

Dark Shazam93
yes PS3 is apparently gonna be SO far ahead of everything else... or sao I hear! big grin

Sparkz
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
yes PS3 is apparently gonna be SO far ahead of everything else... or sao I hear! big grin

Yeah I heard that too, the revoloutions or the wii's motion controlls sound awsome, although I would feel something of a **** making sword movements at the tv lol.

Rewmac
Yep, but don't you kids buy ps3 a year from the realese of the first version...First realeses/versions of everything always got some little ichy problems....I've seen a couple of new videos about Wolverine for the game....It's not gonna rock, but me personally gonna play with it.... big grin

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
or maybe because its alot older?! Damn stop moaning about ps2 when the other consoles had time to imrpove...like how better the PS3 will be compared 2 all other next gen consoles big grin

The PS3 hasn't shown anything that's leaps and bounds beyond the 360.

And besides, are you willing to pay $600 for it?

Rewmac
Your being so negative about sony products...

Rewmac
I heard the game isn't going to be long...around 20 levels and just killin' going going and killing and a little platform stuff...

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by batdude123

Actually it's true. Most companies porting over don't even bother to update the graphics for the GC.

Rewmac
It still know/shows less polygons and other graphics date and that's an official statement. Just coz of couple of games look better on that it doesn't mean the machine can do better...It can't....

Dark Shazam93
OK... this discussion is IRRELEVANT!

H. S. 6
Your being so negative about sony products...

True. Honestly, I'm pissed about what Sony is trying to pull on their fans.

smile

juggernaut66666
i ve just finished the game it is not so bad but it could be better i loved nightcrawler's fighting style it was exacly like in X-men2 movie at begining i think it worths a try

Rewmac
I've finished it too...I loved the killing with Wolverine too...Right the opposite of Wolverine's Revenge....No tactic more killing...Got two extra costumes and yeah I like the just go on the hardest level and kill 'em all....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.