Radio Big Weekend in Dundee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Anyone there?

Highlights on BBCi.

Bands :

Bloc Party, Editors, Primal Scream, The Zutons, Hot Chip, Mylo, The Streets, Mystery Jets, RazorLight, Snow Patrol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Muse

Time Of Evil
Thats on BBC?

jaden101
i live in Dundee but never got tickets...i know a few people that were there and they all say it was an excellent atmosphere

there was a big scandal about tickets because local postmen were stealing them

amity75
Watched it last night. God I hate Chris Moyles.

papabeard
I heard that the postmen that nicked them all got sacked.

jaden101
you heard right...there was a funny email going around about it...a pic of the tents in camperdown park with loads of postman pat pics stuck all over it...classic..

i was at a couple of the fringe gigs in town where local bands were playing...some pretty good acts

mercury tilt switch

vaarstraat 66

the rise

Flying High
i was there both days...was amazing big grin

mum won tickets for saturday and i won tickets for sunday big grin

it was good cause i found out new music and saw some of my favourites big grin

jaden101
new music being?...apart from paulo nutini who was superb...going to see him at the westport bar in Dundee on june 6th...cant wait

Flying High
well...i'd HEARD of the mystery jets..but hadn't heard their stuff...and i now really like them...and i had only heard like one song from most of the bands on the "in new music we trust" stage and i ended up loving them and i think im gona go buy their albums big grin

jaden101
yeah the mystery jets are not bad at all...

i'm hoping (being from Dundee) that the big weekend will help get some better bands coming to the city

i know that iforward russia!, raging speedhorn and the cooper temple clause are all playing soon

we've had hundred reasons, stellastar, biffy clyro, embrace, the kooks, the bees, king creosote and haven

you would think being a student city that more bands would play

standards are getting slightly better but not by much

Flying High
well i reckon they will be like...the crowd there were amazing and they would want to go back and stuff big grin

i stay like an hour away...so i would definately go back to dundee smile

papabeard
Originally posted by jaden101

i'm hoping (being from Dundee) that the big weekend will help get some better bands coming to the city

i know that iforward russia!, raging speedhorn and the cooper temple clause are all playing soon

we've had hundred reasons, stellastar, biffy clyro, embrace, the kooks, the bees, king creosote and haven

I hope so to, Dundee seems to only get new bands at the start of their career and old bands during a slump in their career or when they are in terminal declineor bloody tribute bands.

I have seen a few decent bands in Dundee, I saw TCTC and Biffy Clyro at I think it was called THE MISSION, also Funeral For A Friend played, some Ace DJ's bands and hip hop acts play at the Reading Rooms. The Caird Hall is an OK venue I dont understand why so few bands play there.

Radiohead played the Caird Hall in 97 which is some weird anomaly, then Feeder, Placebo and Morrissey also have played there.

ThisIsALongName
Originally posted by jaden101

Some good acts have been going to Perth, partly because of their new Concert Hall but I still think it would be a better idea to have the concerts in Dundee and you'll sell more tickets.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.