The lowest form of wit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Another strange thing from me again yes but...

Am I the only one to notice that Palpatine's sarcasm in ROTJ is totally out of control? Consider...

"...oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive..." and "...and now, you WILL die..."

How nonchanlent does he sound saying those lines!

And while were on that scene, could Vader have gotten any more S's in his declaration "sssssisssster"!

Ushgarak
Certainly Palpatine would have sounded a lot more clever if he hadn't been talking such rubbish.

JediOasis
I think that was apart of his evilness. He was so sure of himself that he didn't even consider losing.

Darth Pants
Notice how silly his voice became in the thirty odd years between TPM and ROTJ too. Darth Sidious sounds threatening, as the Emperor he sounded a bit daft, methinks. I personally love the matter of fact manner in which he delivered the "He will come to you, and then you will bring him before me." line.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.