Supermans New outfit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T.M
What do you think of the new Superman outfit. You may or may not have noticed that it is shiny.. this costume is shiny because it is made up of shiny little superman symbols all over the blue... personally I think it looks pretty cool.. and a nice way of modernizing Superman even if it is only in a small way.

Opinions..

((The_Anomaly))
I like the costume, I like the colours and the new material. But I'd want the 'S' to be bigger and to get rid of the unnecessary 'S' on the front of his belt. Oh and his boots should be higher, they look short which makes his feet look stubby or something.

Overall though I think the new suit is an improvement over the old spandex suit.

NoFate007
Can someone post a pic of these new costumes? I can't seem to find a pic of any of them anywhere lol

White Reeper
Ya same here!But I do like this one,

T.M
Here is a picture of his Superman 'S' logo.. notice the shiny bits...

I like the costume very much.

I will try to find a picture of the lower parts of the costume.. belt etc..

Mindship
Originally posted by T.M
Here is a picture of his Superman 'S' logo.. notice the shiny bits...

...pretty cool...

That aside, I don't like the costume changes.
I don't like the "S" shield being smaller (raised? maybe not so bad).
I don't like the darker colors (well, again, the blue ain't too bad).
I don't like the boots and definitely not the lil' belt "S".
I don't like the high, close neckline or the narrower cape fitting.
And definitely, I don't like what now really look like speedos.

And the actor himself still strikes me as, well, looking like an actor, not like Superman.

However: if the movie is half as good as the trailers, this will be a dynamite flick.

T.M
OK here is a picture of the whole suit.

Templares
Originally posted by T.M
OK here is a picture of the whole suit.

The cape is too maroonish . . . .
The boots are too short . . . .
The S-shield is different and too small . . . .
The old costume doesnt need any modernizing . . . .
The actor looks like a f@g . . . .

Ah well, still worth checking it out.

NoFate007
Oh I thought that this was talking about like Superman having a new outfit in the comics, not the Superman Returns outfit.

Validus
Originally posted by Mindship
...pretty cool...

That aside, I don't like the costume changes.
I don't like the "S" shield being smaller (raised? maybe not so bad).
I don't like the darker colors (well, again, the blue ain't too bad).
I don't like the boots and definitely not the lil' belt "S".
I don't like the high, close neckline or the narrower cape fitting.
And definitely, I don't like what now really look like speedos.

Agreed though I think some things will come off better on screen than on a promotional pic, mainly the darker red used on the cape and S shield.

T.M
The belt is the only thing that I think looks really bad..

Yarr
Seriously, do you really think theres any way possible to make a real life version of the superman suit not look silly?

Mindship
Originally posted by Yarr
Seriously, do you really think theres any way possible to make a real life version of the superman suit not look silly?

No, I really don't, and putting a real guy in spandex/tights will always be a major flaw in translating superhero flicks into live-action (women superheroes? now that's another story). That's why X-Men was smart with its on-screen costume changes. And Daredevil also did a great translation job.

T.M
No, I really don't, and putting a real guy in spandex/tights will always be a major flaw in translating superhero flicks into live-action (women superheroes? now that's another story). That's why X-Men was smart with its on-screen costume changes. And Daredevil also did a great translation job.

Daredevil looked OK but the movie sucked to high hell..

R.O.T. Yahman

I cant belive they haven't banned Speedo flaunting in comics altogether. What was Siegel thinking ? smile

Mindship
Originally posted by T.M

Aye, lad, that it did...though Mike made a good Kingpin.
...and actually, Colin wasn't bad as a unibrowed Bull'seye.

Jigsaw13
Originally posted by T.M

I agree with you.

He-guy88
i like it except the belt wat he a cowboy sup gotta have a big belt buckal lol

MattDay
ahh i think it's about right to be honest, but when did the suit make the hero guys? you should know this by now... it's SUPERMAN!

He-guy88
well ill give sups cred when its do but i dont like him and honestly i do like the new suit

UltimateStryfe
live action superhero movie + spandex speedos = bad!
live action superhero movie + leather suit = good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.