a new twist on runs the Gaunlet threads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
This is GG with his fleet and the CIS
1. ulic and the Krath
2. ulic and the mandilorians
3. Naga and the sith
4. Yoda and the clones
5. Revan and the Mandilorians
6. Akbar, wedge, sovv, etc and the alliance
7. Nas Choka and the vong
8. Thrawn and half the empire
9. Vader and the empire
his fleet and troops are totaly renewed each time he wins

DarthBanevv
He possibly makes it to Yoda. If he gets that far he probably won't win.

Darth Avis
you know what i dont get? how come the CIS didn't obliterate kamino in the first months of the war? if they can do that then victory is nearly assured.

Lightsnake
They tried. Got repulsed

Darth Avis
they should have used a BIG fleet.

Lightsnake
They did. Got beaten

Darth Avis
really? how big was it? i havent rread that comic in months.

Lightsnake
Never specified, but it was quite a decent assault

Darth Avis
i would have used a HUGE fleet. i mean a really really big fleet.

Darth Avis
Also PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!
1111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Captain REX
I say, if he gets past the first two, he dies at Naga. While Naga and Grievous go head to head (obvious who would win that...), the Sith are more powerful in general than droids, seeing as they all use the Force...

But yes, the Battle(s) of Kamino was/were immense efforts to destroy the cloning facilities. They were repulsed after an initial, seeming victory.

Darth Avis
yes but in space the CIS will OWN the sith. On the ground i saw mostly weak sith and massasi with melee weopons that are no match for millions of droids with blasters.

Darth_Glentract
I'm actually not convinced that the CIS would own the Sith in space. Naga could easily use his meditation sphere trick. Also, there are probably hundreds of people in his fleet that were more powerful then Joruus. Joruus was able to control 37,000 minds at the same time. 100 guys could control 3,700,000 minds at the same time. You might say, "But the CIS is made up of droids." That's mostly true, but all of the people who control the minds can easily be affected by Sith mind control and be ordered to have their droids attack eachother or simply shut down. I don't think they make it past 2.

BTW, I don't think the Krath even have a space fleet.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I'm actually not convinced that the CIS would own the Sith in space. Naga could easily use his meditation sphere trick. Also, there are probably hundreds of people in his fleet that were more powerful then Joruus. Joruus was able to control 37,000 minds at the same time. 100 guys could control 3,700,000 minds at the same time. You might say, "But the CIS is made up of droids." That's mostly true, but all of the people who control the minds can easily be affected by Sith mind control and be ordered to have their droids attack eachother or simply shut down. I don't think they make it past 2.

BTW, I don't think the Krath even have a space fleet.
what are you talking about?

Lightsnake
PRoblem is: The battle meditation isn't likely to affect droids the same way it does sentients. Plus, would it really occur to the Sith to go for the commanders in regards to technology they don't get? Grievous keeps droids as commanders mostly anyways and he would not be affected.

DePWNZOR
He dies at Revan. He'll pwn everyone else there, and MIGHT beat Revan after a tough fight (CIS is FAR, FAR larger, and Grievous has Dooku too, who is comparable to Revan)

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lightsnake PRoblem is: The battle meditation isn't likely to affect droids the same way it does sentients.

It appears to affect ship sensors when Sadow creates his fake army illusions, so droids aren't immune to it.

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Plus, would it really occur to the Sith to go for the commanders in regards to technology they don't get?

The style of ships really hasn't changed. The Sith Commanders should have no problem knowing who to target.

Originally posted by Lightsnake Grievous keeps droids as commanders mostly anyways and he would not be affected.

Perhaps you have forgotten that Grevious is a cyborg. He has a living brain that can be affected by the force.

Also, have you forgotten the many Nemodians who work on the bridge? They can be affected as well.

jollyjim311
I'm having difficulty deciding if he goes down at 3, 4, or 5, because his fleet gets renewed every time.

Darth Avis
sensors have changed. they have become more advanced and can probably tell the diffirance between real things and... are they light or imagination or...

Razielim
If he sneaks past 7, they get destroyed at 8.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Avis
sensors have changed. they have become more advanced and can probably tell the diffirance between real things and... are they light or imagination or...

They appear to be light, meaning it CAN fool sensors.

Darth Avis
but how will they appear in inferred or other droid views? GG is a tactical genius. when he realizes something is wrong he will find out what. that problem will then be corrected.

Lightsnake
It appears to affect ship sensors when Sadow creates his fake army illusions, so droids aren't immune to it.

The style of ships really hasn't changed. The Sith Commanders should have no problem knowing who to target.

Perhaps you have forgotten that Grevious is a cyborg. He has a living brain that can be affected by the force.

Also, have you forgotten the many Nemodians who work on the bridge? They can be affected as well.

Ship sensors? Of primitive ships five thousand years older than the far advanced ships of the CIS?

And also, Dooku and Palpatine had Grievous's brain altered just so noone could affect or control his mind. Grievous prefers droids to Neimodians any day and he monitors every one of them closely. BM is likely to make the Neimodians panic...and then Grievous punches in their faces. Hell, he's likely to do it if one of them puts a toe out of line, he HATES Neimodians and he's done it before

Faunus
This is stupid. Half the Imperial Navy?

Darth Avis
yea. every ship cut in half. choose which side he fights.

Darth_Glentract
but how will they appear in inferred or other droid views? GG is a tactical genius. when he realizes something is wrong he will find out what. that problem will then be corrected.

You know, infrared is light also, just not part of the spectrum humans see. If there's visible light there is probably infrared being generated as well.

You forgetting that Sadow will control GG's mind.

Darth Avis
Ship sensors? Of primitive ships five thousand years older than the far advanced ships of the CIS?

And also, Dooku and Palpatine had Grievous's brain altered just so noone could affect or control his mind.
They did do this.

Darth_Glentract

The trick should logically work against the sensors. No changes are mentioned in sensors in EU and light is light. Sensors should be fooled by it.

And also, Dooku and Palpatine had Grievous's brain altered just so noone could affect or control his mind.

Proof? Furthermore, proof that it would work against someone of Sadow's strength. Sadow is so far above Sidious or Yoda that it is doubtful they had his brain altered to that level.

Grievous prefers droids to Neimodians any day and he monitors every one of them closely.

There are still plenty of them in control. GG can't watch several hundred of them at the same time and if he orders them all killed he loses much of his fleets ability to function.

BM is likely to make the Neimodians panic...and then Grievous punches in their faces. Hell, he's likely to do it if one of them puts a toe out of line, he HATES Neimodians and he's done it before

If he loses them he loses much of his fleets ability to function, as they were on those ships for a reason.

Darth_Glentract
They did do this.

The trick should logically work against the sensors. No changes are mentioned in sensors in EU and light is light. Sensors should be fooled by it.

Darth Avis
there are hundreds of changes. absence of proof is not proof of absence

DePWNZOR
He dies at 8. I revised my opinion, and I've realized that Revan is no match at all for the full power of the CIS. The Sith would really, really be no match at all in space for the CIS. They would be far outnumbered, out teched, ect. The Rebels would get OWNED. Grievous can personally kill anyone in the Alliance, and the CIS is so much bigger.

Darth_Glentract
there are hundreds of changes. absence of proof is not proof of absence

It isn't proof positive either. Prove your statement or it can be dismissed.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
The Sith would really, really be no match at all in space for the CIS. They would be far outnumbered, out teched, ect.

Did you miss my post on Sith mind control taking over the CIS commanders minds? Don't forget that they can take control of GG's mind.

BTW, Raynar Thul had enough strength in the force to bend turbolasers away from his ships. There are many people in the Sith fleet who could do the same, meaning the Sith win, as they can't be shot.

Darth Avis
they are light right? i am not a genius on all the different types of vissions of droids and sensors but when some of the ships have totally different reading than others, they will know where to aim.

Darth Avis
BUMPAROONI

Hokage Yoda
BUMPAROONI

Boy If that ain't the Truth roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Avis
?

Darth_Glentract
they are light right? i am not a genius on all the different types of vissions of droids and sensors but when some of the ships have totally different reading than others, they will know where to aim.

Where is you evidence that the technology has CHANGED? A single capital ship has dozens of different sensor types. There is no reason for them to detect a difference.

Hokage Yoda
Where is you evidence that the technology has CHANGED? A single capital ship has dozens of different sensor types. There is no reason for them to detect a difference.

Glentract makes a good point no reference is made on inprovment to these systems

Darth Avis
so if weopons and shields have changed there is no way sensors could right?

Darth_Glentract
so if weopons and shields have changed there is no way sensors could right?

The thing is that there is evidence for weapons to have changed. There is no evidence that sensors have changed.

Darth Avis
yea they had superlasers back then and E-11 blasters.

Darth_Glentract
yea they had superlasers back then and E-11 blasters.

What are you talking about?

Great Vengeance
Sorry Glentract, the ancient sith arent as godlike as you seem to think. If they were so powerful, and could manipulate minds on the scale you suggest, how come they didnt WTFpwn the republic? Oh right...because the average ancient sith isnt anything special at all. And even the most powerful Ancients like Sadow, would get tooled by Sidious. This is evident by their lack of foresight...Sidious saw the galaxy on an entirely different level, and that is reflective of his superior attunement to the dark side.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Sorry Glentract, the ancient sith arent as godlike as you seem to think. If they were so powerful, and could manipulate minds on the scale you suggest, how come they didnt WTFpwn the republic? Oh right...because the average ancient sith isnt anything special at all. And even the most powerful Ancients like Sadow, would get tooled by Sidious. This is evident by their lack of foresight...Sidious saw the galaxy on an entirely different level, and that is reflective of his superior attunement to the dark side.

Good luck proving that a guy who could THROW STARS is weaker then Sidious.

Notice that they were pwning the Republic until Naga was betrayed.

Great Vengeance
Good luck proving that a guy who could THROW STARS is weaker then Sidious.

Notice that they were pwning the Republic until Naga was betrayed.

But you forgot that he NEVER THREW STARS!?!

He simply blew one up...with his ship.

Notice how Sidious can rip a hole in reality itself? That feat is far greater than anything the ancient sith have ever done.

And yes the sith were winning, but if they were as powerful as you say then there wouldnt even be a battle...they would simply control all the republic soldiers minds as opposed to wasting their time with a space battle.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
But you forgot that he NEVER THREW STARS!?!

He simply blew one up...with his ship.

Notice how Sidious can rip a hole in reality itself? That feat is far greater than anything the ancient sith have ever done.

And yes the sith were winning, but if they were as powerful as you say then there wouldnt even be a battle...they would simply control all the republic soldiers minds as opposed to wasting their time with a space battle.

By ripping the core from the star. Furthermore, it was HIM, not his ship, that provided the power.

How much power does it take to rip a hole in reality itself? Are you sure that this is more then ripping apart a star?

They more or less did that with the use of illusions.

Great Vengeance
By ripping the core from the star. Furthermore, it was HIM, not his ship, that provided the power.

How much power does it take to rip a hole in reality itself? Are you sure that this is more then ripping apart a star?

They more or less did that with the use of illusions.

1. Prove it.

2. Im afraid I cant give you the exact amount of energy it would require, but using basic logic we can deduce it would be alot harder...Moving a star is still playing by the rules, where as Sidious went beyond those rules. No comparison really.

3. Erm no, how is making illusions even remotely related to what Sidious did?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.