Which of these bands do you prefer/which band is the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I realize that there is a versus forum for quick/simple one on one comparisons, but I was hoping to get a more in depth analysis on these three bands. I want to know who you guys like the best and why. I'm also curious as to who you think is the best out of these options. Have fun and hopefully we can have some good debating!

smokin'

*Note: I am currently undecided; I like each band a lot and am hoping to hear some opinions and facts that will help me decide.*

Solo
Weezer. Foo Fighter's are good, and I'm not a huge RHCP fan, neither come close to Weezer, IMO.

Alpha Centauri
Weezer, by light years.

-AC

RedAlertv2
RHCP are the most talented of the three, but I couldnt decide between them and Weezer

SnakeEyes
Currently, I'm leaning towards Weezer, because I am most familiar with them and like them quite a bit... but I also have a newfound respect for the Foo Fighters after listening to the dual disc album In Your Honor. Some of the acoustic stuff is really good. And then of course I just like the RHCP...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
RHCP are the most talented of the three, but I couldnt decide between them and Weezer

Rivers Cuomo is more talented than the other two bands on his own.

John Frusciante is the most talented man out of Foo Fighters and RHCP, and even he isn't much compared to Rivers.

Weezer are one of the best bands on the planet. RHCP are just really good.

-AC

Lana
I love Foo Fighters to death and RHCP are great, but I'd say Weezer takes it. They're just one of those bands that I can never get sick of.

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
RHCP are the most talented of the three, but I couldnt decide between them and Weezer i dont think RHCP are talented they have just been around for a while thats all but i really find them boring and there new song dani calafornia whatever its called that is just bad i cant stand it, i would have to go for foo fighters.

Time Of Evil
I have alot of respect for foo fighters. RHCP are OK, Don't like Weezer.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Rivers Cuomo is more talented than the other two bands on his own.

That's a rather bold statement.

On what do you base this conclusion?

I'm curious. wink

Alpha Centauri
Not bold in my eyes. There's no competition. Rivers could out compose most people.

The Weezer albums that he's wrote, the fact that he comes up with some of his best songs in minutes, he has the ability to turn anything into an instant classic. Such as a lot of the songs on Make Believe.

-AC

BackFire
RHCP for me.

Deathblow
Never liked Weezer.

I'd pick the Chilis over the Foos, for a stronger back catalogue.

mysterio69
weezer. AC is right. rivers is a damn good songwriter.

musicislife
I have Stadium Arcadium I really haven't sat down to listen to it all yet but so far it seems boring. Also Weezer's Blue Album beats all of the other bands material by itself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.