Ion vs Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psyquis52
Can this new and improved Kyle put the Silent King in his place or does Black Bolt sing a durge?

Acrosurge
The new Ion is nowhere near his previous godlike levels. He's simply GL+. This is an even fight, with Black Bolt being able to pull the win by speaking, or raising his voice, if necessary.

S.S
Originally posted by Acrosurge
The new Ion is nowhere near his previous godlike levels. He's simply GL+. This is an even fight, with Black Bolt being able to pull the win by speaking, or raising his voice, if necessary.
Regular Kyle would win the majority against BB,Ion would stomp him.

Big Sexy
Is this ion
all the gls combined
or ion 2 gl rings.

Anyway I think ion has every advantage but that scream is a big problem. especially since he could level streets with a whisper. If Blackbolt screams, I think Gl mind not be able to take it.
If its Ion with all of OA than the outcome obviousl

Mider
didnt Ion kill a whole planet by ACCIDENT does black bolt even come close to that?

S.S
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Is this ion
all the gls combined
or ion 2 gl rings.

Anyway I think ion has every advantage but that scream is a big problem. especially since he could level streets with a whisper. If Blackbolt screams, I think Gl mind not be able to take it.
If its Ion with all of OA than the outcome obviousl
2 GL rings..........confused BB gets owned he'll lose to regular Kyle against Ion it's a curbstomp
Originally posted by Mider
didnt Ion kill a whole planet by ACCIDENT does black bolt even come close to that?
Yes,He Destroyed a planet.

Big Sexy
Dude I can't tell for sure because since the new issues of ion have come out. Many state he is no way near his version when he had all the GL rings.

Templares
Of course. Blackbolt needs only to speak a little louder to level the Earth.

Validus
I'd give GL Kyle the slight majority on BB.

Mider
you dont have any proof that BB can destroy a planet, do you?

Templares
you dont have any proof that BB can destroy a planet, do you?

laughing laughing laughing

Like i said he only needs to raise his voice a few decibels up and it would destroy a planet.

Rick/Genis
This fight is kindof Nil because BlackBolt has never raised his voice more than a murmer save Universe X (Which I'm not sure if that counts)

Templares
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
This fight is kindof Nil because BlackBolt has never raised his voice more than a murmer save Universe X (Which I'm not sure if that counts)

Hell yes. As far as mainstream comic book character goes, BB is the very definition of a character that is "holding back." The guy couldnt even cry in pain if he has to w/o endangering the people around him.

And oh, im deferring to vote until i see my boy Kyle gets some feats in his second incarnation as Ion.

Mider
Ion would still beat him IMO

Superherovandal
seeing as regular GL Kyle blocked the Big Bang i'd say that Ion would win.

Darksaint
^^ Yeah, GL's(not just Ion) can contain massive amounts of enegry(red stars, regular stars exploding, planet destroying blasts, etc). IMO, Kyle can contain BB's scream.

drwerwer
i dont know i hear that black bolt screaming would be ubber destructive so if that is true than black bolt

Superherovandal
it is like comparing a grain of dynamite to a supernova. can BB's scream collapse the universe? well Imperiex's essence would've had it not been for Kyle blocking it with a construct.

He-guy88
heck id say regular gl could take him any thing can be made with their rings and kyles can make stuff with out even haveing the knoladge of how it works were the older ones had to have at least a small understanding of how it works he could just make a sheld around his body and all it does is protect him from bb powers

TheKahn
Originally posted by S.S
Regular Kyle would win the majority against BB,Ion would stomp him.

^^^Cosigned. While you could perhaps argue that BB's full-on scream might rival Kyle's ring in terms of destructive power, the fact remains that the ring is far more versatile.

spetznaz
BlackBolt holds back more than Superman does. A shout from him would basically be a recipe of ill-health for anyone standing anywhere near him.

With that said regular Kyle has contained the power of a Big Bang.
Regular Kyle.

Thus, Kyle as Ion would obviously do the same, and more.

Ion wins.

He-guy88
right on

StyleTime
One thing I still don't get is the ostensible double standard on this board. If Gambit throws cards faster than thought, it's PIS. If Wolverine fights Hulk and doesn't get raped, it's PIS. If Spiderman beats a DEPOWERED Firelord, it's PIS.

Kyle contains the Big Bang. The combined force of everything that has or ever will exist in the entire universe, and it's all good. What the f**k? Why isn't that considered at least questionable? It seems like this board has some serious character bias sometimes.

Mider
the thing about the GL's is that there powers DO very from GL to GL the gaurdians want ALL the GL's to be like Ion eventually meaning they have the potential.

capt it up
Originally posted by StyleTime
One thing I still don't get is the ostensible double standard. If Gambit throws cards faster than thought, it's PIS. If Wolverine fights Hulk and doesn't get raped, it's PIS. If Spiderman beats a DEPOWERED Firelord, it's PIS.

Kyle contains the Big Bang. The combined force of everything that has or ever will exist in the entire universe, and it's all good. What the f**k? Why isn't that considered at least questionable? It seems like this board has some serious character bias sometimes.
i fully agree with this statement.

great post wink big grin

Mider
i dont, GL's can do stuff like that its nothing new all of them can depending on what level they are.

capt it up
i dont, GL's can do stuff like that its nothing new all of them can depending on what level they are.
yet it new for wolverine to take hits for the hulk and give hulk a fight?

Mider
wolverine giving hulk a fight you want me to say its PIS let me think if Silver Surfer contained the big bang would most poeple on here call it PIS i dont know i dont think so, they dont think its rediculous for him to be able to make a entire planet come back to life, or snap his fingers and make the earths weapons turn off, maybe the GL is DC's answer for heralds.

He-guy88
ok well take hal jordons old ring it protected im from harm and such well not all could do that kyels ring was a prototype it was made from the direct power of the gardiens except ganthis that is but no yellow weakness it also can make anything he imagins with out the know how to make it so he can make a car with out understanding of anything of cars hes even said in the comics that it would be hard to do but he could do it

capt it up
wolverine giving hulk a fight you want me to say its PIS let me think if Silver Surfer contained the big bang would most poeple on here call it PIS i dont know i dont think so, they dont think its rediculous for him to be able to make a entire planet come back to life, or snap his fingers and make the earths weapons turn off, maybe the GL is DC's answer for heralds.
so ur syaing wolverine fightingg hulk is PIS? yet green lantern containing a big bang is not?

Accel
The Green Lantern ring can essentially do anything. It's potential is limitless and it all depends on the wielder's will.

In other words, a GL can very well contain a big bang as long as he wills his ring to do so. This is why Green Lantern feats are never questioned, because the ring was created to be huge plot device, pretty much like the Speed Force.

He-guy88
yes depending on witch gl it is the better the abilty to do so but not all of them can do it cause they arent all that strong in the will power department but they wouldent be gls if they dident have the will power

Avalonofthewind
Ion removes blackbolts mouth matrix style, and fuses his vocal cords together.

Ion 10/10

StyleTime
Originally posted by Accel
The Green Lantern ring can essentially do anything. It's potential is limitless and it all depends on the wielder's will.

In other words, a GL can very well contain a big bang as long as he wills his ring to do so. This is why Green Lantern feats are never questioned, because the ring was created to be huge plot device, pretty much like the Speed Force.
True on the plot device part. Although, where is all this universal catastrophe containing power when he gets his butt kicked by Sinestro or others?

He-guy88
True on the plot device part. Although, where is all this universal catastrophe containing power when he gets his butt kicked by Sinestro or others?

well sinestro has that power and highly triend to so id say their u go
as for others cant just atamaticaly win or no point to the comic

King KAM
One thing I still don't get is the ostensible double standard on this board. If Gambit throws cards faster than thought, it's PIS. If Wolverine fights Hulk and doesn't get raped, it's PIS. If Spiderman beats a DEPOWERED Firelord, it's PIS.

Kyle contains the Big Bang. The combined force of everything that has or ever will exist in the entire universe, and it's all good. What the f**k? Why isn't that considered at least questionable? It seems like this board has some serious character bias sometimes. i wonder the same thing....that seems like a HUGE PIS feat......but nobody acts like it...im with you though i thnk its bullshit.

JOE NUNEZ
?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.