Waiting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
Ok I started another parttime job about 3 weeks ago waiting tables at a nice mexican restaurant. I've never waited tables before so oh boy was I in for a treat.

Since I like some of you people here I just thought I'd give you a little word of warning: if you are a dick to your server, because they make a tiny mistake like forgeting to bring you one soda, expect to get spit in your food the next time you come. The end.

Capt_Fantastic
I've never expected tables that wait on me wth the respect they bestow on others. I've been rude, and I've expected the same from others. I disrespect the staff! I should be loved, because of my tip!

meep-meep
Well if you leave a good tip that's another story....masta fantastic

meep-meep
If you're ever in Milwaukee, why you would ever go to this hole I don't know but if you do, look me up.

debbiejo
Originally posted by meep-meep
Ok I started another parttime job about 3 weeks ago waiting tables at a nice mexican restaurant. I've never waited tables before so oh boy was I in for a treat.

Since I like some of you people here I just thought I'd give you a little word of warning: if you are a dick to your server, because they make a tiny mistake like forgeting to bring you one soda, expect to get spit in your food the next time you come. The end. I knew that!!

My grandmother told me so........So I am very very kind....... laughing out loud

GCG
Tyler Durden pissed in the Lobster Bisque

botankus
I think everyone should have to wait tables for 6 months out of their lives. I did it for 4 years (+5 in the kitchen), so I don't complain one bit. That being said, we only spit (or whatever) in 2 people's food: The Grand Wizard of the KKK and our School Guidance Counselor, and that was only just for their occupations/lifestyles.

KharmaDog
Since I like some of you people here I just thought I'd give you a little word of warning: if you are a dick to your server, because they make a tiny mistake like forgeting to bring you one soda, expect to get spit in your food the next time you come. The end.

I treat people pretty much in response to how they treat. If you are kind to me, I am generally far kinder in return. If you are an *sshole, I return the favour ten-fold.

As for tipping, it's called a gratuity fee. I recognize it's a hard job and I have the ultimate respect for a good server. I tip well if they do a good job, and I tip heavy if they really make my dining experience that much better through good service. If the food or service is so repugnant that I am motivated to not leave a tip, chances are I'll never return to that establishment again, so I don't give a crap how they respond to the lack of tip. Most likely I'll tell them why there is no tip coming either.

If you're ever in Milwaukee, why you would ever go to this hole I don't know but if you do, look me up.

And where would that be?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I worked in a 5* star joint on Nantucket Island. Only one time did I step on a breakfast muffin because the woman was a b*tch. I heard some stories from the cooks though...Clam Chowder 'Extra Creamy'. Mmm.

botankus
Originally posted by botankus
I think everyone should have to wait tables for 6 months out of their lives. I did it for 4 years (+5 in the kitchen), so I don't complain one bit.
Yes, I realize I quoted myself but I wanted to add that by having this experience, I can't bring myself to leave a tip less than 20%. And if you're a bartender serving me, you could probably count on doubling that. Just don't hawk a luigi in my beer, because after I tipped you I'd take you out back and beat your head in with a brick.

debbiejo
laughing out loud
I waited tables for a bit. It's hard work especially if you're nice and all you get for a tip is a button and 2 pennies..........Damn midnight shift at Big Boys!!

botankus
Getting the button and 2 pennies is worse than getting nothing at all.

Working at Big Boy's is worse than getting the button and 2 pennies.

debbiejo
Getting the button and 2 pennies is worse than getting nothing at all.

Working at Big Boy's is worse than getting the button and 2 pennies. I know, I know.........It was an insult!!! Those stupid drunks that came in........and just cause I wouldn't sit down and eat fries with them..!!!

And Big Boys, I hear ya........I quit after 2 weeks....... mad

Soleran

OMG they hurt your feelings so yeah of course spit in their food, whatever crybaby.

debbiejo
Don't you ever check your food and see if it looks a little watery or strange??? ..........I think it's more common in the big cities too like Detroit.....Never go to a McDonalds there..... no

I was warned...

Soleran
I avoid McDonald's anyway, subway makes my sandwhich right in front of me!

DiamondBullets

I'm currently a waiter as part-time job, and If my table is a dick then I'll just be a dick in return. But whenever I'm a bartender, nobody is a dick to me.

botankus
The best way to be a dick to customers is subtly. For instance, if they nag about getting more tartar sauce, and then you have to rush over to another table real quick, and when you rush by that first table they're like, "hello? Where's my tartar sauce?" and give you the evil eye...bring them back a monster bowl of tartar sauce (I'm talking about enough for 10 people), and they'll get all the a$$holish behavior from you they can handle, and you don't have to open your mouth or get fired.

ladygrim
no expression dirty b*ggers ...

debbiejo
AT drive thru windows you can over salt the fries........buy the time they realize it they're long gone down the road...............HAPPENED TO ME!! mad

Bardock42

Just what exactly does that help? I mean...if the people don't even know?....don't get it....

botankus
Yeah, maybe cutting off your finger and putting it in their chili would get your point across better.

Bardock42
Yeah, maybe cutting off your finger and putting it in their chili would get your point across better.

Yeah...I'd think about not tipping twice...then again....I don't tip

debbiejo
Depends which finger.............

I'm always a good tipper..........

WrathfulDwarf

What an adult and professional way to handle a problem. You people think you're the only ones in the world that takes crap at a job? Dudes, if you're really this friggin pathetic in a job like waiting....you're gonna be so traumatic when getting a real job. Want a tip? do you darn job right and quit whining. Maybe if you did your job right no one would be a dick to you.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
What an adult and professional way to handle a problem. You people think you're the only ones in the world that takes crap at a job? Dudes, if you're really this friggin pathetic in a job like waiting....you're gonna be so traumatic when getting a real job. Want a tip? do you darn job right and quit whining. Maybe if you did your job right no one would be a dick to you.

It doesn't happen often, so I must make note...I totally agree with WD on this one!

Lana
There's a livejournal community that I read called Customer's Suck. You'd be amazed at how assholish people can be for no real reason whatsoever other than the fact that they think the world revolves around them.

Crap like that's a part of life.

botankus
That's great and all, but most aren't. Also, concerns of the waiter or waitress figures into about 0.001% of most people's plans when they go out to spend their hard-earned money. Most people, that is.

BabyGirl_23
what exactly are you guys waiting for?

botankus
You to read the original post.

Bardock42

Good answer.....I was looking for something to say....but, but...I just couldn't....

BabyGirl_23
oh that might help!!

doh

Lana
That's great and all, but most aren't. Also, concerns of the waiter or waitress figures into about 0.001% of most people's plans when they go out to spend their hard-earned money. Most people, that is.

I didn't say most were, but there are a lot of people like that.

There really is no need or excuse to be rude to people for no reason.

KharmaDog

Originally posted by BabyGirl_23
what exactly are you guys waiting for?

And that is why botankus is king of the smart-*asses.

kingAll hail the King!king

Bardock42
All hail to the thief
All hail to the thief

But I'm not

Originally posted by Lana
I didn't say most were, but there are a lot of people like that.

There really is no need or excuse to be rude to people for no reason.

Well, it all depends how you define "reason"....some people enjoy being rude....that'S a sort of reason...

botankus
I prefer thief!

Yep, there's no doubt some people get their kicks off being rude to servers for no reason. I've never done that, but I always wondered why they did it. Were they really mad, was it to impress their date, or was their some other hidden agenda I wasn't aware of that was setting them off?

Lana
Originally posted by Bardock42
All hail to the thief
All hail to the thief

But I'm not

Well, it all depends how you define "reason"....some people enjoy being rude....that'S a sort of reason...

Not really, I count that as just being rude for the sake of it, which really is no excuse.

I just don't get why people are rude to others for no reason...makes you wonder if they'd ever been in the other person's place?

BabyGirl_23
I prefer thief!

Yep, there's no doubt some people get their kicks off being rude to servers for no reason. I've never done that, but I always wondered why they did it. Were they really mad, was it to impress their date, or was their some other hidden agenda I wasn't aware of that was setting them off?

notworthy

BabyGirl_23
right!!!

BabyGirl_23
not!!!

GCG
Meh ; I once placed an order and the waitress demanded us to pay before we even got the food. erm

I had no problem paying before, but it was really unethical. That was just wow.

Bardock42
Originally posted by GCG
Meh ; I once placed an order and the waitress demanded us to pay before we even got the food. erm

I know who didn't get any tip that day....

BabyGirl_23
I know who didn't get any tip that day....

i know i wouldnt give any tip.

meep-meep
Originally posted by GCG

Yeah I've been to place like that. I think it's usually only certain restaurants, thouhg, that stay open past bar close and worry that customers are going to take off without paying the tab after they eat.

meep-meep
Just what exactly does that help? I mean...if the people don't even know?....don't get it....

You have a point...you have ruined my thread....get out....you no good bastard son-of-a-b*tch...get out...

meep-meep

Please chill out. It's a joke and if I can't come on to a message board where mostly everyone likes to goof around to let out some steam then what do you propose I do dear moderator? I suppose I could just go out for a run or catch some sleep. That might make my quality of life better. But then who would create such topics?

meep-meep

Oh and IF the restaurant I worked at actually did those things I'm sure you'd qualify for a nice big wad of semen in your clam chowder.

meep-meep
If we served clam chowder, that is. Maybe I couuld but it in a pina colada or coconut margarita.

tabby999
i work in a kitchen and deal with petty complaints from customers all the time. it pisses me off but its part of the job. glad i'm getting out of hospitality relatively soon

BackFire
I'm always as nice as can be to waiters and waitresses, not just because I don't want cum in my food, but because I can see how their job is such a pain and probably very stressful and don't mind if they make the occasional mistake with my order, I'm not a picky eater so if they screw something trivial up, I'll just deal with it. On the rare occasion that the mistake is too large to be ignored (not sure if it's ever actually happened) then I'll be as polite as possible in telling them about it and let them know that I appreciate them taking the time to go and fix it.

I never understood why some people are such assholes to their servers. Sometimes I'll be at a restaraunt and hear someone just being a huge dick for no reason to their waiter, and I always think to myself "dude, enjoy your spitburger".

Also, being nice to waiters and waitresses can get you particularly good service and higher quality food, it seems. Or even free shit.

In short, don't **** with the people who handle your food.

Afro Cheese
When I was younger I used to not really give a shit about people at work whether they were serving me or not.. like waiters, cashiers, etc. I was a punk little kid who thought it was cool to throw stuff at people and make smartass remarks and generally just keep joking at the expense of people who are just trying to make a seirous buck. Then I grew up and got a job, handling food, at a deli, and I understand why nobody at work ever thought that shit was funny. Looking back I feel terrible about how i acted, and now i'm extra nice to anyone who's on the clock cause I now understand how much work sucks.

Capt_Fantastic
Waiters and waitresess deserve what they get. I'm not too sympathetic.

debbiejo
Many times is not the waiters fault anyways, it's the cooks fault and the servers are the ones that catch all the crap from it.....

Again my dad at a restaurant is not a good time.."This is not real cheese!!!!...I WANT TO TALK TO THE MANAGER!!"......ranting
sad ....<------Me

PVS

while i mostly agree, its too general a statement. you fail to point out the element of pure straight-up abusive assholes. the kind of people who go out for 2 purposes:

1- eat

2- release pent up frustration and bitterness for life's shortcomings on complete strangers.

well, im sorry, but #2 isnt part of the job. however, i agree that spitting/pissing/excreting in someones food is entirely childish and more than that i think people should be locked the **** up for doing it, because of the health risk they put others in.

the solution is to go to your manager if the customer is abusive and tell him/her that you refuse to serve them. if he/she gives you shit about it, then they are not doing their job as a manager and you should apply elsewhere. its not just a managers job to kiss the customers ass, but to also know when its time to tear up the tab and ask the customer to leave...now.

WrathfulDwarf
The ******* factor goes both ways. I challenge anyone to tell me they've NEVER had to deal with a crappy waiter. You know you have...and you know you will. People complain because of the crappy service. Then they expect a tip? For what? I order a glass of water and eventually got it after 10 other people before me got served. You know who deserves a tip? The waiter that bothers to go to your table and asks "Anything else I can serve you?" That's a great waiter.

Customers can be a pain sometimes no question about it. I seen some jerks behave very stupid. But if the restaurant has the policy "We reserved the right to refuse service" heck, that may not be so bad after all.

Storm
I can take up that challenge. And over here, service charge is always included and tipping is usually not expected.

botankus
Any customer who feels that the server is on some ego-trip by taking PVS' advice (going to a manager) and refusing to put up with your sh*t, remember after they are done serving you, they get to stay there until probably 1-2 hours after close in most cases, while you get to go on home and watch some Paris Hilton sitcom.

Bardock42
Any customer who feels that the server is on some ego-trip by taking PVS' advice (going to a manager) and refusing to put up with your sh*t, remember after they are done serving you, they get to stay there until probably 1-2 hours after close in most cases, while you get to go on home and watch some Paris Hilton sitcom.

Yeah..but they get paid and I get not, right?

botankus
As long as you give them permission to come into your job while you're working and turn your work shift into some kind of nasty Bardock-roast fest in front of your co-workers, then you should berate them, by all means.

PVS
The ******* factor goes both ways. I challenge anyone to tell me they've NEVER had to deal with a crappy waiter. You know you have...and you know you will. People complain because of the crappy service. Then they expect a tip? For what? I order a glass of water and eventually got it after 10 other people before me got served. You know who deserves a tip? The waiter that bothers to go to your table and asks "Anything else I can serve you?" That's a great waiter.

Customers can be a pain sometimes no question about it. I seen some jerks behave very stupid. But if the restaurant has the policy "We reserved the right to refuse service" heck, that may not be so bad after all.

i usually just leave and go somewhere else. i've never had crappy service but good food. your drinks wont arrive, your food will be cold, they'll either leave you stranded with no check or drop it on you the second you take your last bite.
so why stay there?

if they cant serve water, you want to stick around for the rest? count your loss of time, get up, and walk out.

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
if they cant serve water, you want to stick around for the rest? count your loss of time, get up, and walk out.
Yep. Besides, ther'es nothing more embarrassing (especially if his/her family's there, too) than a customer making a scene in the middle of a restaurant.

Bardock42
As long as you give them permission to come into your job while you're working and turn your work shift into some kind of nasty Bardock-roast fest in front of your co-workers, then you should berate them, by all means.

Well I agree that customers should be polite as well, and that they should be able to refuse to serve rude people, I just think that your argument "remember after they are done serving you, they get to stay there until probably 1-2 hours after close in most cases, while you get to go on home and watch some Paris Hilton sitcom." is kind of pointless. since that is exactly their job. Which they get paid to do.

botankus
Well, I was exaggerating. It was more of an attack on Paris Hilton sitcom watchers. Off-topic, I know.

PVS
"is kind of pointless. since that is exactly their job. Which they get paid to do.

exactly. i worked some shitty jobs, far shittier than being a frikin waiter, and at no point did ANYONE say "awww just ignore his screwing up, after all its tough to be a *insert job title* ".

Bardock42
Well, I was exaggerating. It was more of an attack on Paris Hilton sitcom watchers. Off-topic, I know.

Well everyone hates Paris Hilton watchers...

GCG
Originally posted by PVS
while i mostly agree, its too general a statement. you fail to point out the element of pure straight-up abusive assholes. the kind of people who go out for 2 purposes:

1- eat

2- release pent up frustration and bitterness for life's shortcomings on complete strangers.

well, im sorry, but #2 isnt part of the job. however, i agree that spitting/pissing/excreting in someones food is entirely childish and more than that i think people should be locked the **** up for doing it, because of the health risk they put others in.

the solution is to go to your manager if the customer is abusive and tell him/her that you refuse to serve them. if he/she gives you shit about it, then they are not doing their job as a manager and you should apply elsewhere. its not just a managers job to kiss the customers ass, but to also know when its time to tear up the tab and ask the customer to leave...now.

When some people go eat out, it is to treat themselves and wind down from work and/or family commitments. Last you want is the waiter turning it sour for you by taking the wrong order or making a series of errors.

PVS
Originally posted by GCG
When some people go eat out, it is to treat themselves and wind down from work and/or family commitments. Last you want is the waiter turning it sour for you by taking the wrong order or making a series of errors.

true...true...but why did you quote me?

debbiejo
To some people it's a power trip to treat servers badly.......They're sometimes cowards in real situations, but can get away with it there...

PVS
so...they're.....restaurant trolls?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Storm
I can take up that challenge. And over here, service charge is always included and tipping is usually not expected.

Are you a regular at a certain restaurant? Or do you reserved before ordering a table? Tipping should be expected if the performance of the waiter has been satisfactory to the customer.

Bardock42
Are you a regular at a certain restaurant? Or do you reserved before ordering a table? Tipping should be expected if the performance of the waiter has been satisfactory to the customer. Well it is different in Europe...since Waiters actually get paid something.You can tip but it's not a cultural must as it is in the US.Originally posted by PVS
so...they're.....restaurant trolls? Wow, I can jsut picture whirly doing that sort of shit.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by PVS
i usually just leave and go somewhere else. i've never had crappy service but good food. your drinks wont arrive, your food will be cold, they'll either leave you stranded with no check or drop it on you the second you take your last bite.
so why stay there?

It really doesn't work that way. If you been in a 20minute waiting list or your party is too big for a table you have to just wait. There is no point in going from restaurant to restaurant to get service. If that happens then might as well stop by Joe's Place and order a bunch of Hamburgers.

Well it is different in Europe...since Waiters actually get paid something.You can tip but it's not a cultural must as it is in the US. Wow, I can jsut picture whirly doing that sort of shit.

Never been to Europe so I'll take your word.

PVS
It really doesn't work that way. If you been in a 20minute waiting list or your party is too big for a table you have to just wait. There is no point in going from restaurant to restaurant to get service. If that happens then might as well stop by Joe's Place and order a bunch of Hamburgers.

think about what you said there.
would you rather pay through the nose for bad food and bad service?
you would rather shell out cash to be treated like crap and feel miserable?
you wouldn't say "ahhh **** it lets hit the diner"?

grey fox

Never been to Europe so I'll take your word.

In Europe (or at least Britain) we don't use a tipping system....

WrathfulDwarf
But see I don't know if I'm going to be treated like crap...you can only know it once you're actually sitting on the table and until the waiter serves you...a restaurant may have crappy waiters...but their chefs might make some awesome dishes. If I get good food and crappy service....NO TIP. If I get good food and good service...TIP. If I get both bad food and bad service....Never Return.

PVS
But see I don't know if I'm going to be treated like crap...you can only know it once you're actually sitting on the table and until the waiter serves you...a restaurant may have crappy waiters...but their chefs might make some awesome dishes. If I get good food and crappy service....NO TIP. If I get good food and good service...TIP. If I get both bad food and bad service....Never Return.

can you honestly tell me that you remember a time where you had shitty service and great food? i've been out to eat many times and can not say that.

its simple deductive reasoning

if they screw that up right from the getgo by not giving you water, and leave you sitting and waiting for a frikin glass....dude, get up, grab a glass, fill it with water. now tell me if it felt like work to you. tell me you can see someone getting paid for doing that and screwing it up, but then going on to grab your food when it's done rather than about 15 minutes after when its luke warm, and bringing your drinks in a timely manner.

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
so...they're.....restaurant trolls? Yes they are, similar to road (rage) trolls.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by PVS
can you honestly tell me that you remember a time where you had shitty service and great food? i've been out to eat many times and can not say that.

its simple deductive reasoning

if they screw that up right from the getgo by not giving you water, and leave you sitting and waiting for a frikin glass....dude, get up, grab a glass, fill it with water. now tell me if it felt like work to you. tell me you can see someone getting paid for doing that and screwing it up, but then going on to grab your food when it's done rather than about 15 minutes after when its luke warm, and bringing your drinks in a timely manner.

Certainly! Black Angus has great steaks and there is many locations in my neck of the woods. The service is not the same in all of them...yet the food is great. Move away from the glass of water and concentrate on getting the food to the table. A waiter would usually give you an idea on how long the food might take to be prepare.

Sure, I can grab a glass of water all by myself not a problem. However, I'm in a restaurant where you're expected to be treated like customer. If this was a Buffet were I get up and grab my own food that's a whole different issue. In a restaurant business the service to the customer is key essential for good business...simple.

debbiejo
Hey, I get up and get my own water, coffee, steal the silverware off the next table along with salt or what ever......I make myself at home.......though I just hate waiting an hour for my food!!

Storm
Are you a regular at a certain restaurant? Or do you reserved before ordering a table? Tipping should be expected if the performance of the waiter has been satisfactory to the customer.
No. However, in certain restaurants when you want to be secured of a table on Fridays and Saturdays, it is recommended to make a reservation.
Tipping is virtually absent in Europe and is optional, only given as a sign of appreciation.

PVS
Certainly! Black Angus has great steaks and there is many locations in my neck of the woods. The service is not the same in all of them...yet the food is great. Move away from the glass of water and concentrate on getting the food to the table. A waiter would usually give you an idea on how long the food might take to be prepare.

Sure, I can grab a glass of water all by myself not a problem. However, I'm in a restaurant where you're expected to be treated like customer. If this was a Buffet were I get up and grab my own food that's a whole different issue. In a restaurant business the service to the customer is key essential for good business...simple.

maybe i was too hastey in my wording, but that wasnt the point i was making...at all.

when they are serving food, it is supposed to arrive at your table right after it is done cooking. the cook finishes preparing, puts the plate on the counter, and there it is picked up and immediately brought to your table.

when a great steak goes cold, its crap. so when your prime rib is sitting on the counter....and sitting....and sitting....it becomes room temperature and thus...crap...while your server is busy smoking a cigarette outside or flirting with their coworker or perhaps masturbating in the cole slaw...(whatever they deem to be more important than their job)

im sorry, but if you find yourself sitting at a table with no water for like 15-20 minutes and they can find the time to bring you WATER (chances are because they sat you and forgot about you) then that is just the tip of the iceberg. as for 'black angus', if the food is good, great. but in most other places, initial crappy service means you will inevitably find yourself chewing on a cold steak and staring at an empty glass of beer. no thanks.

Alpha Centauri
a restaurant business the service to the customer is key essential for good business...simple.

Exactly.

By accepting the job as a waiter or waitress, you accept that it is your job to serve the customer to their satisfactory degree.

Anyone could get their own food, get their own water, but you don't go to a restaurant to do that. You go to get waited on.

(I could see how this might be interpreted as being to you, PVS. It's not, sorry if there was confusion).

-AC

Lana
I've had not-so-great service at places before yet the food still been good, though usually it was because of reasons that the waiter can't control. Such as last weekend when I was away, my sister, her friend, and I went to Denny's on Saturday evening for dinner. It took us a half hour to get our food even though our order was nothing complex (usually when we go there it takes about 10-15 minutes for our order). Our waiter came by the table a few times to be sure everyone had enough drinks, but otherwise we hardly saw him. However. It was Saturday evening and the place was packed -- we were away at an anime convention and Denny's was the nearest place that wasn't fastfood or ridiculously expensive, plus it's a tradition among con-goers there to go there on Saturday. The place was PACKED -- when we had left around 6pm, there were no open tables in the restaraunt. When we got our food it was still nice and hot and the waiter was extremely apolegetic for the wait, despite the fact that the delay was in no way his fault, the place was just really busy.

PVS
Originally posted by Lana
I've had not-so-great service at places before yet the food still been good, though usually it was because of reasons that the waiter can't control. Such as last weekend when I was away, my sister, her friend, and I went to Denny's on Saturday evening for dinner. It took us a half hour to get our food even though our order was nothing complex (usually when we go there it takes about 10-15 minutes for our order). Our waiter came by the table a few times to be sure everyone had enough drinks, but otherwise we hardly saw him. However. It was Saturday evening and the place was packed -- we were away at an anime convention and Denny's was the nearest place that wasn't fastfood or ridiculously expensive, plus it's a tradition among con-goers there to go there on Saturday. The place was PACKED -- when we had left around 6pm, there were no open tables in the restaraunt. When we got our food it was still nice and hot and the waiter was extremely apolegetic for the wait, despite the fact that the delay was in no way his fault, the place was just really busy.

the second you mentioned "denny's" you lost all right to participate in this debate.

Lana
Originally posted by PVS
the second you mentioned "denny's" you lost all right to participate in this debate.

That's not the only place I've had that happen at, it was just the most recent time. I've had it happen at a very nice Italian restaraunt near me because it was really busy or they were short-staffed or both.

My friends and I go there a lot because it's open all the time and it's cheap. We always get great service even though it's a cheap diner-type place. Only time it's less than great is when it's busy.

My point is, bad service isn't always the waiter's fault.

PVS
i know im just messing with you

what i argue is the scenario where you are sitting down and getting ready for a meal which will likely cost like $30 a head when the smoke clears.

and i know that bad service isnt always the waiters fault. however when it IS the waiters fault the signs are there from the beginning (water, ordering drinks, appetisers) and should be noted unless you dont mind parting with your money for what amounts to a crappy time

PVS
afterthought: you know what? who cares who's fault it is. maybe its the managers fault for understaffing. maybe the chef is taking a nap. whatever the case only two things matter: you and your food. if you are annoyed because you are being neglected or forgotten, you are recieving crap service. walk out and let THEM figure out who's fault it was.

GCG
Originally posted by PVS
true...true...but why did you quote me?

Oh yeah; I forgot to quote what was necessary :

-----

Anyway, its true, I have come across guests in a Hotel i used to work in, that come year after year, and have complained about their same petty obseravtions (some not so petty), but yet keep coming. While somethings could have been adjusted and improved, there were some clients who were so difficult that it was impossible to please.

My thoughts where "If you dont like it, go elsewhere" but I could not say that, for internally, that would reflect bad upon myself and the business.

Bottom Line: Its quite ridiculous to have complaints fall on deaf ears and keep coming back for more. Nobody is forcing these pedantic clients to return except themselves.

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
the second you mentioned "denny's" you lost all right to participate in this debate. I had a little green worm on my salad at Dennys once... sick

PVS
yummy droolio

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
I had a little green worm on my salad at Dennys once... sick

Oh god, so you are only 81.6% Vegetarian now?

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
laughing out loud

I went with three other people to Denny's one time and the server brought us three meals. When we asked where the fourth person's plate was, the guy was like, "What?," and the way he said "what," if you can imagine this, was how the Fonz would say it. More like "wut?"

PVS
even their breakfast meals suck. how the hell can you screw up breakfast? now IHOP on the other hand, good shit...breakfast anyway...however they do make some pretty tastey chicken fingers.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
When I 'go American', the only choice is 'Chilis'. Their food is OK, but the 'Presidente Margerita' is like drinking liquid gold. I'd like to have a bath in that stuff. Then, pee in it. Then, drink it. That'd be too f*cking good.

On the subject of service, you'd find dining in an Asian country quite fun. The syle of the local food is to serve shared dishes, so they all come out at different times, and everyone shares. That's a great way to eat, but small non-international 'western' restaurants seem to follow the same rule even though each person is having a set meal. One time, 3 friends and I were having dinner, and we all ordered at the same time. The first meal arrived 15 minutes after we ordered, the next at 25, one at 30, and the final one at 45 minutes after we ordered! Luckily, it wasn't mine, so I was laughing. Ha.

Bardock42
And what did we learn? Never go out with more than 4 people in an Asian country....w00t.

Also....the pee comment...disgusting.....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's a perfectly natural bodily function, Bardock. What's there to be ashamed of? It's really delicious.

debbiejo
Oh god, so you are only 81.6% Vegetarian now? I didn't eat it!!!............I scooted it to the side...........Now that I look back on the whole event, I should of returned the salad....... sick

laughing out loud Dennys..........It's like where you go, when there's no where else for miles and miles and miles.

IHOP IS REALLY GOOD..........yum

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's a perfectly natural bodily function, Bardock. What's there to be ashamed of? It's really delicious.

Really..i'll try it....what kind of glass is appropriate for this natural beverage?

botankus
IHOP IS REALLY GOOD..........yum
Do they still have the Rooty-Tooty Fresh N' Fruity? That was the best, and I really liked singing the name to the disinterested 17-year old waitress, too.

debbiejo
I don't know, but their breakfast are sooooooooo awesome.......man eggs, pancakes sugar sprinkles, apples on them..............oh, man I'm gettin hungry here.........

PVS
laughing out loud yes i believe that still have that.

i prefer 2 eggs over easy, link sausage, hash browns, and toast on the side...and lots of coffee. thats my ideal diner breakfast.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Really..i'll try it....what kind of glass is appropriate for this natural beverage?

I suggest a Champagne flute. It really enhances to the bouquet.

I don't know, but their breakfast are sooooooooo awesome.......man eggs, pancakes sugar sprinkles, apples on them..............oh, man I'm gettin hungry here.........

What the f*ck are 'man eggs'?

PVS
What the f*ck are 'man eggs'?

sick sounds nasty

botankus
If anyone should know what 'man eggs' are, it should be you, Krunky. After all, they're the perfect compliment to Chili's champagne flute urinational liquid gold.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship: Man eggs and golden piss flutes.

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
sick sounds nasty Do you know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are??

PVS
Do you know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are??

yeah.

you want to sample some of mine? naughty

debbiejo
No.........I had some in CO......THEN I was told what they were.......lol

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Do you know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are??

I bet they go well with Suckmah Plums. Sweet and sour always work great together.

debbiejo
You know though, they were quite tasty........

PVS
yeah, women tend to like them more...as well as man eggs

Bardock42
Good Lord, I'm happy I didn't participate in this one....

debbiejo
*speechless*

Man, eggs.........ok???

PVS
well, will someone please make a teabag comment to wrap this up?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
well, will someone please make a teabag comment to wrap this up?

Haha, see what you did there, haha...you unintentionally made a teabag comment, haha, that is funny.

PVS
*speechless*

Man, eggs.........ok???

too late Happy Dance

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud .......leave me alone.......So I forgot to use a comma.......I've never had man eggs........

Bardock42
laughing out loud laughing out loud .......leave me alone.......So I forgot to use a comma.......I've never had man eggs........

I am sure there are millions of way to analyze what you just said.....and they will all show out that you are crazy.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Maybe you've never had them, but I bet you've put them in your mouth and...OK, look! Over there! Wow, a pretty bird..so cute!

Bardock42
Maybe you've never had them, but I bet you've put them in your mouth and...OK, look! Over there! Wow, a pretty bird..so cute!

Oh damn, just when it got interesting a stupid bird has to appear...I hate those suckers.....hehe...suckers.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Say something about a little cat, Bardock. Go on! Say something...

debbiejo
Maybe you've never had them, but I bet you've put them in your mouth and...OK, look! Over there! Wow, a pretty bird..so cute! laughing out loud

I must leave now.........

Bardock42
Say something about a little cat, Bardock. Go on! Say something...

I don't get it....what has a cat to do with a vagina?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
DO IT, BARDOCK! DO IT NOW!

debbiejo
Are you guys trippin on acid or something???

DON'T SAY IT BARDOCK........DON'T!!

PVS

no, they are just drunk with passion from the inoxicating effect of their man eggs.

Bardock42
DO IT, BARDOCK! DO IT NOW!

I can't you didn't point your finger at me....

DON'T SAY IT BARDOCK........DON'T!!

There's nothing wrong with drugs....Jim Morrison was on them 24/7

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I can't you didn't point your finger at me....

*wiggles finger at Bardock...twice*

OK, you're really cool now. DO IT!

Bardock42
*wiggle finger at Bardock...twice*

OK, you're really cool now. DO IT!

Nah, I'm too cool for it now.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I can take it back, you know...

Bardock42
I can take it back, you know...

Oh no....okay...wwhat do you want me to do...I do anything....anything......almost anything...well....something at least....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Say the word that I want you to say.

Bardock42
Say the word that I want you to say.

Is it "B: Pussy"? if not, I want to buy a vowel.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Right, that's it! I'm reporting you for saying 'pussy'! Don't you know this board is PG-13? You can't say a word like 'pussy' without suffering some severe reprimands, Bardock. Just imagine if everyone just went around saying "pussy" all the time, what would the world be like then? 'Pussy' this, 'pussy' that...I just think 'pussy' is a terrible word to use. So, there we go. It looks like 'bye-bye' to Mr. Bardock 'pussy' 42, and I can't say I'm not happy about it. Because I am happy about it. Happy about you being banned for saying 'pussy' all the time. This 'pussy' talk really must stop. However, I'm a reasonable man. So, Bardock, I'm asking you nicely: Please stop saying "pussy", OK? If you say 'pussy' one more time, then I really will ask you to be banned for saying 'pussy', OK?

Bardock42
Right, that's it! I'm reporting you for saying 'pussy'! Don't you know this board is PG-13? You can't say a word like 'pussy' without suffering some severe reprimands, Bardock. Just imagine if everyone just went around saying "pussy" all the time, what would the world be like then? 'Pussy' this, 'pussy' that...I just think 'pussy' is a terrible word to use. So, there we go. It looks like 'bye-bye' to Mr. Bardock 'pussy' 42, and I can't say I'm not happy about it. Because I am happy about it. Happy about you being banned for saying 'pussy' all the time. This 'pussy' talk really must stop. However, I'm a reasonable man. So, Bardock, I'm asking you nicely: Please stop saying "pussy", OK? If you say 'pussy' one more time, then I really will ask you to be banned for saying 'pussy', OK?

That's a fair deal, I won't say "pussy" anymore. I promis it. I don't liek teh word "pussy" either. it is a horrible word...but at least I didn't say cun t ... oh I misspelled that.....well, no possibility of changing it now. Actually I now want to know how many of teh seven dirty words are filtered...although "pussy" isn't one of them...so. Test:

shit, piss, ****, ****, **********, mother****er and ****.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Did you type 'wank'?

Bardock42
Did you type 'wank'?

I don't think so.

I typed: shit, piss, ****, ****, **********, mother****er and ****.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, yeah.

One time, I was a member on a place like this and I typed 'Charles Dickens' and the censor **** the 'dick' part! The funny thing was that this happened on a literature forum! Get it? 'Literature'...'Charles Dickens'...get it? Do you get it, Bardock? Do you?

Bardock42
Oh, yeah.

One time, I was a member on a place like this and I typed 'Charles Dickens' and the censor **** the 'dick' part! The funny thing was that this happened on a literature forum! Get it? 'Literature'...'Charles Dickens'...get it? Do you get it, Bardock? Do you?

No, I was unable to get it because I do sadly not know who Charles Dickens is....try that joke with Emily Dickinson in the future, kay?

debbiejo
Right, that's it! I'm reporting you for saying 'pussy'! Don't you know this board is PG-13? You can't say a word like 'pussy' without suffering some severe reprimands, Bardock. Just imagine if everyone just went around saying "pussy" all the time, what would the world be like then? 'Pussy' this, 'pussy' that...I just think 'pussy' is a terrible word to use. So, there we go. It looks like 'bye-bye' to Mr. Bardock 'pussy' 42, and I can't say I'm not happy about it. Because I am happy about it. Happy about you being banned for saying 'pussy' all the time. This 'pussy' talk really must stop. However, I'm a reasonable man. So, Bardock, I'm asking you nicely: Please stop saying "pussy", OK? If you say 'pussy' one more time, then I really will ask you to be banned for saying 'pussy', OK? Bardock, I told you not to say it......... laughing out loud laughing out loud

HAHAHAHAHA.........You guys are so disturbed...

Bardock42
No, I was unable to get it because I do sadly not know who Charles Dickens is....try that joke with Emily Dickinson in the future, kay?

Wow...haha...how utterly funny....dick in son...why did I never notice that before....oh yeah, cause it's immature...still haha.....homosexual incest is "lol".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.