Bass vs Protoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue nocturne
At full power who wins?

Dragoncloud
Bass would smite protoman! if you play megaman battle network on the gc Bass is a secret boss that you can fight and he pwns megaman after he already had to beat protoman earlier in the game and even if you do win the match against bass you don't even get halfway through his health bar which only proves that protoman could swing his little sword all day and wouldn't leave a scratch on bass!

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
At full power who wins? Woo hoo! Blue, are you making these threads just for me? smile

We have two versions of Bass and Proto Man: The original series robots (yay!) and the program Navis from the Battle Network series (gag). To which were you referring for this fight?

Dragoncloud
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Woo hoo! Blue, are you making these threads just for me? smile

We have two versions of Bass and Proto Man: The original series robots (yay!) and the program Navis from the Battle Network series (gag). To which were you referring for this fight? true...but in the battle network series, bass WAS still the same old bass, just older and more powerful due to his timely existence (at least that's the presumption made) there really weren't any changes made to him, so i assume it's the same bass. but even against the old protoman he'd win. in megaman 7 bass stomped protoman by himself without using treble's power.

Blue nocturne
Woo hoo! Blue, are you making these threads just for me? smile

We have two versions of Bass and Proto Man: The original series robots (yay!) and the program Navis from the Battle Network series (gag). To which were you referring for this fight?

I would never reffer to anything from "Battle Network", I'm talking about classic.

caocao200
definitely bass, he's a good rival for megaman (classic series), protoman had his moments in the past, plus, bass can gain even more power by fusing with his metal hound (dunno the name)...

Acrosurge
I would never reffer to anything from "Battle Network", I'm talking about classic. rock

Down to the fight. Bass possesses a huge advantage against Proto Man from the get-go; Proto Man is currently experiencing a defect in his energy system. This defect is slowly killing him. Bass might be able to exploit this weakness, though the resulting explosion might just take Bass out as well.

Take that energy imbalance out of the picture, and the odds still greatly favor Bass. While Proto Man has great strength, defense thanks to his shield, and arguably better strategy (and definitely better stealth techniques), Bass's transformations with Treble and his powers from "Mega Man and Bass" give him a decided advantage. Proto Man has a knack for survival, however, and I wouldn't put it past him to pull several wins of his own by sheer resourcefullness.

Result. I give Bass 7/10.

And, Dragoncloud? Battle Network and the Original Series do not take place in the same Universe. According to Capcom, they are different entities.

Also, Bass has never battled Proto Man in the Original Series. They converse in Power Fighters and in Mega Man and Bass, but they've never fought.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by caocao200
definitely bass, he's a good rival for megaman (classic series), protoman had his moments in the past, plus, bass can gain even more power by fusing with his metal hound (dunno the name)...

tremble, he can also absorb evil energy.

But bass stole the S.adapter thats why he can use the super armor, anyway it's barred from this particular fight.

Acrosurge
tremble, he can also absorb evil energy.

But bass stole the S.adapter thats why he can use the super armor, anyway it's barred from this particular fight. No Treble Boost? That changes the odds a bit. I'm inclined to shift the odds to Proto Man 6/10 based on his experience and taking advantage of Bass's arrogance (which Proto Man would probably do).

Dragoncloud
rock

Down to the fight. Bass possesses a huge advantage against Proto Man from the get-go; Proto Man is currently experiencing a defect in his energy system. This defect is slowly killing him. Bass might be able to exploit this weakness, though the resulting explosion might just take Bass out as well.

Take that energy imbalance out of the picture, and the odds still greatly favor Bass. While Proto Man has great strength, defense thanks to his shield, and arguably better strategy (and definitely better stealth techniques), Bass's transformations with Treble and his powers from "Mega Man and Bass" give him a decided advantage. Proto Man has a knack for survival, however, and I wouldn't put it past him to pull several wins of his own by sheer resourcefullness.

Result. I give Bass 7/10.

And, Dragoncloud? Battle Network and the Original Series do not take place in the same Universe. According to Capcom, they are different entities.

Also, Bass has never battled Proto Man in the Original Series. They converse in Power Fighters and in Mega Man and Bass, but they've never fought.
I'm gonna have to go back and check on that one then, i think it might've been bass pretending to be hurt after fighting shademan then...it's been a while since i've played.

and i never said that existed in the same universe, my point is that originally, Bass was intended to be non existent in the battle network universe so you had to have some kind of theory, it was more of a smartelic fanboy fantasy than an actual consideration however.

Originally posted by caocao200
definitely bass, he's a good rival for megaman (classic series), protoman had his moments in the past, plus, bass can gain even more power by fusing with his metal hound (dunno the name)... it's treble

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.