Qui-Gon vs. Cin Drallig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hokage Yoda
Who Wins this battle takes place in the Theed Palace

DePWNZOR
Qui Gon easily. Cin died in less that 2 seconds to Anakin.

Razielim
Uh huh. From what we saw, Cin tied up Anakin for much longer than 10 seconds. And the fight wasn't even resolved.

Cin could beat Grievous. I say he takes Jinn.

Motoko Sama
Done before.

And, Cin wins. Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul, and Qui-Gon, throughout the fight, had the help of Obi-Wan. And, I'm sure Maul had to exert more energy, and still managed to kill off Qui-Gon.

Either way, just because Cin "died to Anakin" doesn't mean he sucks, and that applies for Jinn as well, but Cin would win.

Hokage Yoda
I need Some Evidence on both Sides Before i vote

darthsith19
I used to think that Qui-Gon would win but now I think Cin would win. According to Dooku, Cin > Grievous, and this is Grievous before getting injured by Mace. I doubt Qui-Gon could take that form of Grievous, who put up an okay fight agains Mace in LOE. I'm not even sure whether Qui-Gon could beat ROTS Grievous.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356115&highlight=Cin+Drallig+vs+QuiGon+Jinn

Hokage Yoda
Then Right Now I'll Vote for Cin

Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
I used to think that Qui-Gon would win but now I think Cin would win. According to Dooku, Cin > Grievous, and this is Grievous before getting injured by Mace. I doubt Qui-Gon could take that form of Grievous, who put up an okay fight agains Mace in LOE. I'm not even sure whether Qui-Gon could beat ROTS Grievous.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356115&highlight=Cin+Drallig+vs+QuiGon+Jinn

If you're actually going by LoE, then Grievous doesn't actually suffer any crippling wounds at the hands of Mace Windu.

PurpleSaber
I think Qui-Gon would win. He was an exceptionally good Jedi and would have been on the Council if he was less...(in need of a word) Cin was taken down by Anakin in seconds. We don't really know a lot about him, but he doesn't seem like that great of a Jedi to me.

Darth_Glentract
Although Qui-gon is easily one of my favorite SW characters, I have to say that Cin takes this. He was head combat instructor over 10,000 Jedi and, as was previously stated, believed by Dooku to be better then GG.

BTW, this thread has been done before.

Xepeyon
I say Qui-Gon Jinn. Like PurpleSaber said, he would have ben on the Council if he wasn't so defiant and rebellious. That would have to mean that he was exceptionally strong both with the force and with the sword. Cin Drallig was the Battlemaster of the PT era, but that by no means automatically makes him the greatest swordsman. For example; say there are two guys playing an online game. One guy has one game and is very good at it, while the other guy has several online games. Does that make the second guy, who has more games, a better online player. No. For all we know, he could suck at it, but that's not the point. The point is, just because Cin knows more fighting styles, dosen't mean he's a better deulist than Qui-Gon Jinn, who would have been appointed on the council if it wasn't for his way of thinking.

Motoko Sama
Point being? Is Qui-Gon the same person as Anakin? No.

And Qui-Gon was taken down by Maul, who had to have been at the least a little tired from being attacked by two Jedi, and who is not on par with ROTS Anakin. Either way, it really doesn't matter.

I'm overcome with joy for Qui-Gon. Cin was said to be able to best (or something to that effect) most of the Council members. Being on the Council doesn't make you uber. See: Coleman Trebor.

And, Cin Drallig, who was said to rival Council members IIRC.

Lightsnake
I believe Qui-gon was said by one of the saber instructors to be the best swordsman he'd seen in four hundred years

Faunus
That was from the TPM novel, and was supposedly stated by his Master: which is retconned by the fact that his master was Count Dooku.

Lightsnake
Wasn't it just the saber instructor? Same thing as Yoda 'instructing' Obi-wan mayhaps?

Faunus
Nope, it was his master.

BLAK FOX
Qui Gon would have probably become better then Cin had he survived until ROTS, but he didn't so I don't see him being able to take Cin Drallig down.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by BLAK FOX
Qui Gon would have probably become better then Cin had he survived until ROTS, but he didn't so I don't see him being able to take Cin Drallig down.

I do Qui-gon was said to Rival Mace so that would mean. Mace is far superior to cin.

Mace>>Cin

Qui-Gon>Cin

Xepeyon
While I defenently see Qui-Gon winning this, I highly doubt he could rival Windu. Where did you hear that, anyways?

Hokage Yoda
your probably right but Qui-Gon was 60 at the Time of TPM so maybe he could have.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faunus
If you're actually going by LoE, then Grievous doesn't actually suffer any crippling wounds at the hands of Mace Windu.
Yeah, but some guy in the ROTS AC said Grievoud did get injured by Mace, so.

TPM novel. remember than TPM Mace is not as strong as ROTS Mace.

Cin>Grievous, prior to his injuries, who is at least even with Maul, probably stronger. Maybe Qui-Gon in his prime, say, 10-15 years before TPM could beat Cin, maybe, but TPM Qui-Gon couldn't.

PurpleSaber
I do agree with you Hokage that Qui-Gon>Cin. But you can't just make up facts like Qui-Gon=Mace to prove your point, and then back it up with "maybe he could have"

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
I do agree with you Hokage that Qui-Gon>Cin. But you can't just make up facts like Qui-Gon=Mace to prove your point, and then back it up with "maybe he could have"

No Its just because I heard that somwhere sorry.

But Qui-Gon was a master swordsman He would most likely be able to best cin big grin

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
But Qui-Gon was a master swordsman He would most likely be able to best cin big grin

And I suppose Cin just had a lightsaber to fit in with the crowd.

Xepeyon
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
And I suppose Cin just had a lightsaber to fit in with the crowd.

No. Despite the fact he wasn't strong enough to be on the council, he was an excellent swordsman, and predecessor to Kyle Katarn as the Jedi Order's Battlemaster/Lightsaber Instructor. However, I don't think that what we've seen and know of him is enough to convince me he could slay Qui-Gon. Both in the movies and in the EU, Cin Drallig is basically just a man marked for death by Darth Vader. That being said, he really has neither done nor shown anything remarkable except that he is based on Nick Gillard. Qui-Gon Jinn will win.

darthsith19
So, by your logic, Qui-Gon > Grievous > 4 Jedi Knights at once?

And by my logic (and presumably Motoko Sama's):
Cin > Grievous > 4 Knights at once > TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan > Darth Maul > Qui-Gon

Motoko Sama
Wasn't strong enough? Being on the Council alone doesn't make you great. As well, I believe Cin was said to be able to best some of the Council members.

BLAK FOX
Some of the strongest jedi warriors were not on the council.

Razielim
Like Count Dooku... who was second or third in the Order.

Xepeyon
First of all, the Council is where the strongest Jedi Masters IN THE ORDER are(there may be stronger for some have left the Order, are Knights, or have spent their tearm).

Second of all, Motoko Sama, no he couldn't. I have no idea where you heard that. Whither you heard somewhere, or you made it up, stop posting false lies. You can't possibly know that because we don't know that much about him!

And Dooku was on on the council once. I think so anyways. Either way, he LEFT the Order.

Dion star
cin was one of the best duelist in his time the only reason he wasn't a council member was because he decided to put his full attention to his student's. And when facing Vader he cheated by throwing his light saber in to cin while vader was on the floor. cin would of delivered the final blow to him if not for his cheap shot.

Count Makashi
To be on the Council, doesn't require to be strong, you have to be wise, a leader, you have to take tuff decisions and you have to follow the Code.
Dooku was never on the Council and he was one of the best ever, because he defied the Code and a guy like Trebor Coleman, sit on the Council, despite being more of a diplomat then warrior.

allfg
Trebor Coleman was tuff.

Count Makashi
He wasn't a great warrior, he was more of a diplomat, i used him as a example to prove, you don't have to be necessarily very powerful to sit on the Council.

Darth Sexiest
Ok. First off, Cin Drallig lost to Anakin because Anakin was The Chosen One.
Why is this a big deal?
Because he has more genetic potential than any other Jedi who ever lived. And, by RotS his potential has been greatly channeled.
Anakin Skywalkwer is probally technically the second most powerful Jedi by this time.
Notice I didn't say Darth Vader, who was defeated by Obi-Wan later on, but Anakin.
So Cin took on somone who was basically the golden fleece of the Order and from what multiple sources we've heard, put up a pretty decent fight.

Now, Qui-Gon Jinn was stated to rival Mace Windu in skill during the events of TPM.
Cin Drallig himself was stated to have more skill in swordsmanship and the Force than most of the Masters on the Council.
In the most recent "Cin Drallig VS Darth Maul" Thread, It had come to be found that Cin would be able to just barely, and I mean barely beat Maul.
Maul beat Qui-Gon and Cin is slightly more powerful than Maul so, of course Cin wins.
Also, Cin Drallig was the Battlemaster of the Coruscant Temple.
He knew all seven Forms but only specialized in six of them.
This fact alone does not mean he could beat Qui-Gon, but, it does mean he could exercise more flexibility and leverage in a duel against Qui-Gon, giving him the quite possible win.
I forget exactly why, but I remember figuring out that Cin was actually on par with TPM Mace.
That was a while ago, but you can dismiss that If you like.

If I remember I'll be sure to add it.

Anyway, for now, Cin definantly beats Qui-Gon. wink

Riverollv

Cin > Grievous > 4 Knights at once > TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan > Darth Maul > Qui-Gon

Actually no. Darth Maul > TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
The only reason why Maul lost is becuz he decided to play with Obi instead of finishin him, but he couldve won.

S_W_LeGenD
Cin never actually fought against Grievous. We know from ROTS that Grievous was no push-over and was giving a good fight to Obi-Wan (who I think is better then Cin).

An opinion of a Jedi regarding Cin being greater then Grievous is questionable to some extent. Not much is known about Cin apart from some verbal appreciation of him to give us an indication about his leet skills. He was no match for a Jedi who had established his name among the best in the Jedi Order through his accomplishments (namely Anakin) when they met. Cin's case seems amusing to me as he was portrayed as a weak character in G-canon material called ROTS Movie.

And those 4 knights are not among big names like Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace and Yoda in PT period in terms of skills and capabilities. When Grievous met one of the best in true sense (namely Obi-Wan), it was game over for him.

TPM Qui-Gon was no joke either. Obi-Wan said this about Qui-Gon: "Qui-Gon Jinn was perhaps the greatest Jedi alive, a commanding presence at Council, a strong and brave warrior who refused to be intimidated by even the most daunting challenge, and a good and kind man."

He was indeed defeated by Darth Maul but Maul was no joke as well as Sidious indicated in TPM about his skills by saying "You have been well trained, my young apprentice. They will be no match for you." Sidious indeed was confident about Maul's capabilities.

I won't be suprised if even Maul is better then Cin.

Regarding this fight, since Cin is considered to be a skilled fighter so I say that he will give Qui-Gon a good fight but Qui-Gon might win.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
So Cin took on somone who was basically the golden fleece of the Order and from what multiple sources we've heard, put up a pretty decent fight.
Decent fight? It was a joke.

According to a report made by Imperial Moff "Wessel" who served the Emperor, it was indicated that Lord Vader cut down Dralling following a short exchange of Light Saber strikes.

Dralling posed no threat to Vader and his skills were joke when he faced a real man who had proven himself before.

I don't call this a decent fight.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Even though Anakin killed Cin and Qui-Gon was killed by Maul, I'd say that Cin gets killed by Qui-Gon.

Count Makashi
Either way, it would be a very close fight, i cant decide for naw yet.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Decent fight? It was a joke.

According to a report made by Imperial Moff "Wessel" who served the Emperor, it was indicated that Lord Vader cut down Dralling following a short exchange of Light Saber strikes.

Dralling posed no threat to Vader and his skills were joke when he faced a real man who had proven himself before.

I don't call this a decent fight.

All reports made about Drallig's death in Imperial record were falsified and exagerated on purpose.

Didn't know that, huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Count Makashi
Yes, but we se him fighting Anakin, while he is choking a padawan and later being kiled by Anakin in the novel.

darthsith19
Grievous didn't do that good against Kenobi. The LOE quote leads many people to believe that Cin > EU Grievous.

Still, taking out 4 Jedi who were strong enough to be given the task of protecting Palpatine is something that QGJ couldn't do. And yeah, he lsot to Kenobi, so what, Kenobi > Maul.

That was Kenobi, obviously he'd be biased towards his own master. Plus it only means that QGJ is strong, it doesn't mean that Jedi like Cin, Yoda and Mace couldn't take him.

Yes, Maul was good, but not better than EU Grievous, who a lot of ppl think Cin could take due to that one LOE quote (myself included).

Darth Subjekt
One thing though, unless you mean ROTS OB1, then Maul>OB1, the novel states as much. That was one of those "lucky" moments that OB1 seemed so quick to disregard in ANH.

But of course i would put ROTS OB1 over Maul, but certainly not TPM OB1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.