The Punisher/Captain America versus Batman/Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Current versions of all.

Which duo takes it?

Please give reasons. Right now I'm undecided... especially after seeing Cap go crazy and kick all of the S.H.I.E.L.D. members' asses in Civil War #1.

smokin'

Tassadar
Depends on how Punishers armed, and where the fight is, and if their is prep
Under no prep and normal circumstances DD and Batman win

batdude123
Well, DD and Punisher fights last awhile and are pretty good, but in the end, Daredevil usually punks him. I think Batman with gadgets takes down Cap eventually. So I'd say DD and Batman 7/10.

braz
Originally posted by batdude123
Well, DD and Punisher fights last awhile and are pretty good, but in the end, Daredevil usually punks him. I think Batman with gadgets takes down Cap eventually. So I'd say DD and Batman 7/10.

meh, i think The Punisher would shoot DD with his M60 or w/e hes packin idunno it hasnt been stated. remember, only DD's been known to take him h2h wise. But Batman would beat Captain America, but not as quick as Pun beats DD, so IMO Pun blasts DD n then they gang up on Batman and beat him. but if the matchups were switched, Batman would beat The Punisher and DD would take Cap as well via his super senses, so idunno Bats/DD 5/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by braz
meh, i think The Punisher would shoot DD with his M60 or w/e hes packin idunno it hasnt been stated. remember, only DD's been known to take him h2h wise. But Batman would beat Captain America, but not as quick as Pun beats DD, so IMO Pun blasts DD n then they gang up on Batman and beat him. but if the matchups were switched, Batman would beat The Punisher and DD would take Cap as well via his super senses, so idunno Bats/DD 5/10.

No. no If you think that Punisher can just shoot Daredevil and be done with it, than you are SORELY mistaken. Due to Daredevils enhanced senses, he has blocked bullets out of the air! eek! Punisher's guns won't help him that much against Daredevil, it'd come down to fighting ability. Daredevil has got him licked there, so he'd go down. Batman with gadgets should be able to take Cap majority of the time. Like I said before, Daredevil and Batman win 7/10.

braz
No. no If you think that Punisher can just shoot Daredevil and be done with it, than you are SORELY mistaken. Due to Daredevils enhanced senses, he has blocked bullets out of the air! eek! Punisher's guns won't help him that much against Daredevil, it'd come down to fighting ability. Daredevil has got him licked there, so he'd go down. Batman with gadgets should be able to take Cap majority of the time. Like I said before, Daredevil and Batman win 7/10.

yea i know DD can deflect bullets out of the air with his billy club, trust me ive seen the comic scans. but that was like what, 1 or 2 bullets at a time? The Punisher has an M60. do u know what that is? its a machine gun, and it has no clips, just str8 bandoliers for about 200 bullets. there, literally, is no way DD could dodge a whole wall of armor piercing rounds coming at u all at once. The Punishers been known to be able to cap spidey whos basically a suped up version of DD. Frank caps DD, Bats beats the Cap right after Punisher shoots DD and they gang up on him. but, like i said if it was the other way around, Bats and DD would win.

batdude123
yea i know DD can deflect bullets out of the air with his billy club, trust me ive seen the comic scans. but that was like what, 1 or 2 bullets at a time? The Punisher has an M60. do u know what that is? its a machine gun, and it has no clips, just str8 bandoliers for about 200 bullets. there, literally, is no way DD could dodge a whole wall of armor piercing rounds coming at u all at once. The Punishers been known to be able to cap spidey and whos basically a suped up version of DD. Frank caps DD, Bats beats the Cap right after Punisher shoots DD and they gang up on him. but, like i said if it was the other way around, Bats and DD would win.

Him shooting Spider-man is PIS. Daredevil dodges machine gun fire for breakfast. Just because Punisher has an M60, doesn't mean all of the sudden he takes the victory over Daredevil. Daredevil punks Punisher, and Batman punks Captain America. DD and Bats 7/10.

braz
Him shooting Spider-man is PIS. Daredevil dodges machine gun fire for breakfast. Just because Punisher has an M60, doesn't mean all of the sudden he takes the victory over Daredevil. Daredevil punks Punisher, and Batman punks Captain America. DD and Bats 7/10.

maybe in ur opinion its PIS, but DD dodging machine gun fire for breakfast? sry, i dont think so. if The Punisher shooting Spiderman is PIS, then that is by far, PIS def. and with the Punisher at that. he is a very highly skilled marksman with his conventional weapons. i mean, if DD can literally move as fast as a speeding bullet like the agents off of the matrix, then yea, i could understand, but thats not possible, even in the comic world. so he gets capped by a stray round in the air, or maybe even a couple, at least. and if that doesnt work. aha! look what we have now, hand grenades! and u know what they say about ALMOST, it only works on horseshoes and hand grenades. wink

batdude123
maybe in ur opinion its PIS, but DD dodging machine gun fire for breakfast? sry, i dont think so. if The Punisher shooting Spiderman is PIS, then that is by far, PIS def. and with the Punisher at that. he is a very highly skilled marksman with his conventional weapons. i mean, if DD can literally move as fast as a speeding bullet like the agents off of the matrix, then yea, i could understand, but thats not possible, even in the comic world. so he gets capped by a stray round in the air, or maybe even a couple, at least. and if that doesnt work. aha! look what we have now, hand grenades! and u know what they say about ALMOST, it only works on horseshoes and hand grenades. wink

I understand what you are trying to say, but you have to understand that with DD's radar sense, he can litterally tell when someone is going to make a move. That means that even when the Punisher goes to put up his gun, DD would've already heared the tendents in his arms tightening and would've already dodged before the Punisher even made a move. He can sense where the bullet is going to end up and can even sense when it can be fired. Even before Punisher squeazed the trigger, Daredevil could already dodge and get in close and punch Frank out. Daredevil is a beast when it comes to dodging and basically is a low-level pre-cog because of his radar proximity sense. Frank would give DD a good h2h fight, but DD would eventually take him down like he usually does. Batman would eventually take down Cap via gadgets. Bats and DD 7/10.

braz
aight, we'll just leave it at that. i think Big Pun caps DD. u dont think so. fair enough? big grin

batdude123
aight, we'll just leave it at that. i think Big Pun caps DD. u dont think so. fair enough? big grin

Yep, we'll just have to agree to disagree. big grin

Nightstick
Batdude 123, you realise Punisher has shot Daredevil before right?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Nightstick
Batdude 123, you realise Punisher has shot Daredevil before right?

First encounter. Pun wanted to be allies and Daredevil was moving to take him in. Pun hit DD then pulled out a gun and shot him. That was then. Daredevil knows Punisher very well and its not likely to happen again.

Ohh and DD and Bats win.

Nightstick
Originally posted by jrodslam
First encounter. Pun wanted to be allies and Daredevil was moving to take him in. Pun hit DD then pulled out a gun and shot him. That was then. Daredevil knows Punisher very well and its not likely to happen again.

Maybe, but then when you consider the other people Frank has managed shoot such as the afore mention Spider-Man. I think its a pretty good indicator that he could shoot Daredevil if he realy wanted to. Most of the time when they fight he uses his guns as more of a distraction then anything, several times stating that he has no real intention of shooting Daredevil. Seeing as how he is inoccent and all.

jrodslam
Maybe, but then when you consider the other people Frank has managed shoot such as the afore mention Spider-Man. I think its a pretty good indicator that he could shoot Daredevil if he realy wanted to. Most of the time when they fight he uses his guns as more of a distraction then anything, several times stating that he has no real intention of shooting Daredevil. Seeing as how he is inoccent and all.

How was he able to shoot Spidey? Was it a sneak attack, cause i dont know? Either way, if Punisher really wanted to shoot Daredevil, he still wouldnt be able to do it. Ever read "Ends and Means"? Punisher even tried using tranqs and still couldnt tag DD. If he uses the guns as a distraction when they fight, its not a very good one, cause he winds up getting owned by DD. Punisher may be able to tag DD on a bad day.

Nightstick
How was he able to shoot Spidey? Was it a sneak attack, cause i dont know? Either way, if Punisher really wanted to shoot Daredevil, he still wouldnt be able to do it. Ever read "Ends and Means"? Punisher even tried using tranqs and still couldnt tag DD. If he uses the guns as a distraction when they fight, its not a very good one, cause he winds up getting owned by DD. Punisher may be able to tag DD on a bad day.

On at least one occosion he told Spider-Man he was going to shoot him, then proceded to shoot him so no it wasn't a sneak attack. I read most of "Means and Ends", but the fact that he missed him in that is in no way definative. If I remember right the one time he tried use tranqs it was in a confined space where a clear shot would be hard to get and Daredevil moved in on him quickly. As to them not being good as a distraction if Daredevil is dancing all about dodgeing gunfire its less time he can use to hit you. As to getting owned by Daredevil did you read all of "Means and Ends" they both end up royaly fubar'ed in it. Another point on the subject of the tranqs, they likely do not act like regular bullets, whitch means aiming and fireing them would be different.

jrodslam
On at least one occosion he told Spider-Man he was going to shoot him, then proceded to shoot him so no it wasn't a sneak attack. I read most of "Means and Ends", but the fact that he missed him in that is in no way definative. If I remember right the one time he tried use tranqs it was in a confined space where a clear shot would be hard to get and Daredevil moved in on him quickly. As to them not being good as a distraction if Daredevil is dancing all about dodgeing gunfire its less time he can use to hit you. As to getting owned by Daredevil did you read all of "Means and Ends" they both end up royaly fubar'ed in it. Another point on the subject of the tranqs, they likely do not act like regular bullets, whitch means aiming and fireing them would be different.

Punisher missing DD in Means and Ends is much more definative than Pun getting sneak shot in their first encounter. Punisher has had multiple times to tag DD over the years and hasnt done so well. When Pun used the tranqs, it was in a bedroom. The space wasnt that tight. Plus you figure because Daredevil was closer, it would be a bit easier for Punisher to get a bead on him. Plus Punisher still let off 6 shots and hit nothing. I understand that fireing tranqs and real bullets would be different, but this is Punisher we're talking about. Hes highly trained and experienced in all types of weapons so thats no excuse. Through that whole series, Punisher has emptied clips multiple times just to tag DD. Even after he lost "it". And yes i did read all of the series. Did you? Because if you did, youd see that Daredevil was handing Punisher his ass through the whole series. Book 1, 2, and 4. They didnt fight in book 3 and 5 and they finally stalemated in 6. Sounds like an overall owning to me. Plus in about 7 out of 10 normal encounters, Daredevil always has a clear fight advantage over Pun anyways.

MrHeavySilence
It's settled then. Dare Devil is triumphant over Punisher.

bean_machine
Cap pwns Batman and then proceeds to gangbang Dare Devil with Punisher.

Nightstick
Punisher missing DD in Means and Ends is much more definative than Pun getting sneak shot in their first encounter. Punisher has had multiple times to tag DD over the years and hasnt done so well. When Pun used the tranqs, it was in a bedroom. The space wasnt that tight. Plus you figure because Daredevil was closer, it would be a bit easier for Punisher to get a bead on him. Plus Punisher still let off 6 shots and hit nothing. I understand that fireing tranqs and real bullets would be different, but this is Punisher we're talking about. Hes highly trained and experienced in all types of weapons so thats no excuse. Through that whole series, Punisher has emptied clips multiple times just to tag DD. Even after he lost "it". And yes i did read all of the series. Did you? Because if you did, youd see that Daredevil was handing Punisher his ass through the whole series. Book 1, 2, and 4. They didnt fight in book 3 and 5 and they finally stalemated in 6. Sounds like an overall owning to me. Plus in about 7 out of 10 normal encounters, Daredevil always has a clear fight advantage over Pun anyways.

Look I doubt we will agree on this, but from where I sit the Punisher has shown the ability to tag DD his reasons for not doing so on a regular bases over the years likely has more to do with not wanting to severly cripple or kill DD. As to shooting in the bedroom, this space meant that DD could close the gap faster more over if he had been shooting to hurt, which he obviously wasn't it might have been more helpfull, but hitting DD who was in constant motion at close range in the wrong area of his body even with a tranq could result in serious injury. If we ceed to the idea that he lost "it" then it doesn't much count cause he wasn't thinking straight if he didn't lose "it" then he was still holding back. I said already that I never got a chance to read the entire series. But didn't Punisher knock DD across a room in the 1st one

http://www.universomarvel.com/news/mkdvp1p6.jpg

And

http://www.iabc.cz/images/TvSK/1punisher.jpg

I also have to point out that it funny how you say they stalemated in the end and at the same time call it an owning. Whitch was it?

On the bullets vs tranqs discussion, just because Castle is proficient with tranqs does not mean they can do everything bullets can.

jrodslam
Look I doubt we will agree on this, but from where I sit the Punisher has shown the ability to tag DD his reasons for not doing so on a regular bases over the years likely has more to do with not wanting to severly cripple or kill DD. As to shooting in the bedroom, this space meant that DD could close the gap faster more over if he had been shooting to hurt, which he obviously wasn't it might have been more helpfull, but hitting DD who was in constant motion at close range in the wrong area of his body even with a tranq could result in serious injury. If we ceed to the idea that he lost "it" then it doesn't much count cause he wasn't thinking straight if he didn't lose "it" then he was still holding back. I said already that I never got a chance to read the entire series.

I guess we dont agree, but its cool. Punisher may have seemed to have had be able to tag DD. Sure he has the ability to, but on a bad day. You say his reasons not to is likely because he deoesnt want to seriously cripple or kill DD? Yet in the first encounter, he had no problems with doing so. You cant say that currently Pun wouldnt do it cause DD is an innocent and he doesnt want to really shoot him because when he did shoot him, DD was an innocent then and was well known about, so Pun knew what he was doing. DD closed the gap faster in the bedroom yea, but no matter what gun Punisher is shooting, Daredevil always closes the gap on him. It didnt matter if it was bedroom or not. You say Pun wasnt shooting to hurt in the bedroom? That was supposedly his main reason for using tranqs. He really wanted to tag DD cause he was getting tired of DD following him. Note Pun saying "The gloves are off this time Devil". You also mention Pun doesnt want to cripple or kill DD. Not so. He may not want to kill DD, but he sure wants to cripple him hence Pun saying "Im not going to kill you, Devil but you have to be stopped. Crippled."

Castle was thinking straight. He just misses. When he "lost it", it wasnt his mind. He decided that he couldnt beat DD and need to "end it" He didnt care at that moment if he killed DD or not. Thats when he accidentally killed a bystander.

But didn't Punisher knock DD across a room in the 1st one

http://www.universomarvel.com/news/mkdvp1p6.jpg

And

http://www.iabc.cz/images/TvSK/1punisher.jpg

Yea, Pun knocked him a few feet away. So that doesnt mean much. Notice that that was Puns only hit. He also stated that he may as well be fighting with both hand tied behind hit back, blindfolded. erm

I also have to point out that it funny how you say they stalemated in the end and at the same time call it an owning. Whitch was it?

If you go back and re-read my last post, you see that i didnt say the last fight was an owning. I said Daredevil owned Castle in book 1,2 and 4. I said that they stalemated in book 6. Out of 6 books, they fight in 4 of them. Daredevil owns Punisher 3 out of those 4 times and stalemate in 1. You dont call that an overall owning?

On the bullets vs tranqs discussion, just because Castle is proficient with tranqs does not mean they can do everything bullets can.

I also never stated tranqs can do everything bullets can. He wouldnt have used them or decided to use them if he felt they would handicap him in any way. It seems as if your making excuses for Punisher. Its not like someone came up to him and just gave him the tranqs and said "Here. Use this instead." That was his decision and it failed.

SnakeEyes
BUMP!

Tassadar
Frank shot Spidey while he was in the air, it was one of the first times they met, and Punisher has stated that it wouldnt work again
However Frank would kill DD if he really wanted to, its been stated before by DD himself, just as Punisher had stated that he cant beat DD in h2h
Batmans gadgets tip the scale, a gas grenade would take both Steve and Frank out unless Frank guns him down first, which he probly wont

jrodslam
DD states many things. Hes humble like that. However it doesnt make the statement true. Almost anyone can kill anyone if they really wanted to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.