In my previous life I was...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
Don't take this thread too serioiusly, please...

What do you think you were in your past life?

Based on your likes in this life, fears, phobia's, deja vu's, attractions to certain places or things for no apperant reason, can you construct what you think you were in your previous life.

If we have any Hindu's around, this would be even more fun.

Ok, go!

Eis
Clara Peller. no expression "Where's the beef?"

debbiejo
Whooooo this is a cool thread....

I was probably involved in some kind of science and research...maybe even possibly a monk or..living in a monastery, who knows.... something..lol...Seems I'm always searching for truth...and read very much on those types of subjects....I believe I was probably male because of my strong personality, and get along better with males than I do females in real life.....I do no have any phobias or fears really. I am pretty independent and fight for what I feel is right, so maybe at some time was a soldier in some cause........

This is interesting, I'll have to give it more thought....

debbiejo
Though I do know my way around herbs, roots and those types of remedies..........so I was probably a witch...hahahaha......The thing is I'm OK with fire, ( I really love the color of it)...so I don't think they caught me and burned me at the stake... blink

Lil B.......you're screwin with my mind.........lol

Mindship
An Irish woman.

debbiejo
Could you elaborate on that..........Is the potatoes or what........a fetch??...What??

OHhh and I also have this thing for things blink and glow and sparkle....but I don't know what that means...oh and also circles....I love circles....looking at them...having them done on me.........just circles circles........ confused laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
I have no other lives. However, my entity has many lives and I am one of those lives. I share the karma of my entity with all of the lives that emerge from my entity. I can talk about my past lives, but it is an incorrect statement, because there is no past or future only now. All life lives in the now, it is the space of time that keeps me from running into what we call the past.

Mindship
An Irish woman.

Originally posted by debbiejo
Could you elaborate on that..........Is the potatoes or what........a fetch??...What??

Just a few things over the years tossed together. I was once told, many years ago at a "psychic fair," that I had a female soul. Many years before that I had taken a professionally acknowledged personality test which rated me very high in Creativity, which (according to this particular test) correlated very highly with women and homosexual men (of which I am neither).

I like to write, and the Irish have a rich heritage of authorship. Lastly, though I like all kinds of music, I am very much drawn to Celtic music, especially when sung by a woman.

So, one day, musing, I figured, Gee, if reincarnation is a real deal, then given what I've heard/noticed/learned about myself over the years, perhaps in a prior life I had once been a bonnie lass on the Emerald Isle.

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I have no other lives. However, my entity has many lives and I am one of those lives. I share the karma of my entity with all of the lives that emerge from my entity. I can talk about my past lives, but it is an incorrect statement, because there is no past or future only now. All life lives in the now, it is the space of time that keeps me from running into what we call the past.

Way to complicate a simple answer stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Way to complicate a simple answer stick out tongue

It's difficult to explain.paperbag3

Bardock42
I am pretty sure that I was.....nothing.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
I am pretty sure that I was.....nothing.

That makes sense. laughing

lord xyz
a sperm and an ovum. no expression

debbiejo
I am pretty sure that I was.....nothing. So I guess things haven't changed.............j/k

lil bitchiness
Well wow, so much for not taking the thread seriously...

Anyway, thanks debbiejo adn mindship eek! interesting interpretations.

I spoke with a Hindu a while back, and we had an interesting conversation about this - i thought it would be fun to discuss it here too....guess not. no expression

anyway, few lifetimes ago, I believe I was incarnated in one of the Tribes of Maya...or some other ones around South America...
My best friend says I must have been mute in one of my previous lives, cos Im making up for it in talking even today...

Arachnoidfreak
I was a female prostitute.

debbiejo
An Irish woman.

Just a few things over the years tossed together. I was once told, many years ago at a "psychic fair," that I had a female soul. Many years before that I had taken a professionally acknowledged personality test which rated me very high in Creativity, which (according to this particular test) correlated very highly with women and homosexual men (of which I am neither).

I like to write, and the Irish have a rich heritage of authorship. Lastly, though I like all kinds of music, I am very much drawn to Celtic music, especially when sung by a woman.

So, one day, musing, I figured, Gee, if reincarnation is a real deal, then given what I've heard/noticed/learned about myself over the years, perhaps in a prior life I had once been a bonnie lass on the Emerald Isle. I once did the same...spoke to someone who was from a psychic fair....It was interesting and I still have a tape of it....She said I lived in Normandy and was male and also had a son.....(interesting)...also, that I had lived in France sometime as a woman and had some kind of parlor (not the brothel type)...but for fine art and such, but died young.....also, that I was once an abandoned little boy who some monks took in in Paris..The church is still there she said....and all I did was read and read and read ( maybe that is why I'm always in the RF here at kmc)......lol

Though I really do have this thing about circles...........

Shakyamunison
To me, to say that I have a past life is like saying the Earth is the center of the solar system. This life is my only life, but I am the incarnation of my entity which has many lives.

lil bitchiness
To me, to say that I have a past life is like saying the Earth is the center of the solar system. This life is my only life, but I am the incarnation of my entity which has many lives.

So why are you in this thread if you have nothing to contribute to its discussion?messed

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
So why are you in this thread if you have nothing to contribute to its discussion?messed

Why do you think I have nothing to contribute to this thread? confused
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm telling you my view about what I was in a past life. I have to first convey my point of view, which is difficult to explain. I have access to all other incarnations right now. They are changing and growing as I change and grow.

debbiejo
It would explain why I would like to read a lot, referring to my last post...

DigiMark007
Weeeeh!

Anyway, I've heard that you can try hypnotic regression (an advanced form of hypnosis) to try and learn about your past life(or lives). This is obviously with some sort of psychologist/hypnotist certified to do this. The results are understandably mixed, but there's enough evidence of possible success that I've always been curious. It's probably something I'll try someday.

So who was I? I dunno. Are we limited to Earth? I'd say something flippant like Spider-Man in a parellel dimension, but it appears this thread is being taken quasi-seriously. And I'm too tired to come up with a whole ficticious backstory for my past life (Frodo!). So night all...and cool thread lil.

thumb up

Punker69
Don't take this thread too serioiusly, please...

What do you think you were in your past life?

Based on your likes in this life, fears, phobia's, deja vu's, attractions to certain places or things for no apperant reason, can you construct what you think you were in your previous life.

If we have any Hindu's around, this would be even more fun.

Ok, go!

Well I was really phsyced because I thought I could be a dog but according to Shaky I can't sad

Um..maybe a monkey...and I evolved into a human in this life.....

hysterical

Mindship
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...I've heard that you can try hypnotic regression (an advanced form of hypnosis) to try and learn about your past life(or lives). This is obviously with some sort of psychologist/hypnotist certified to do this. The results are understandably mixed, but there's enough evidence of possible success that I've always been curious. It's probably something I'll try someday.

Mixed results exist because one can still reasonably conclude that the hypnotized person believes they had the past life, and that this is what they are conveying. This is a simpler conclusion than jumping to the next level and saying that regression actually reveals a past life. Even, for example, if a person is speaking in a language they claim they never heard before (and assuming they are telling the truth, and that their memory is perfect), it is something the person still could have picked up subconsciously ("incidental learning"wink, which, of course, highlights the lesser but still spectacular powers of the mind.

As you rightly intimated, hypnotic regression suggests past lives, but again we are, so to speak, making conclusions about a phenomenon just from seeing a "shadow."

debbiejo
Originally posted by Punker69
Well I was really phsyced because I thought I could be a dog but according to Shaky I can't sad

Um..maybe a monkey...and I evolved into a human in this life.....

hysterical laughing out loud

Can anybody explain the thing abut circles???

Mindship
laughing out loud

Can anybody explain the thing abut circles???

Circles are so ubiquitous and figure so prominently in so many things, from everyday life to profound esoteric significance, that it is difficult to even know where to begin. Does it even have to do with a past life? What about when you were a toddler? Maybe you got stuck on a merry-go-round, who knows.

I would suggest, find what other things you are particularly attracted to and see if there is any kind of fit between those things and circles. Ie, look for larger patterns, or better, be receptive to the emergence of larger patterns. Try free-associating, writing down or drawing whatever comes to mind. Basically, get your conscious mind out of the way and see what bubbles up from your preconscious/subconscious.

Several trials may be necessary to even get the proper hang of free-associating. Maybe try it during meditation. Hell, get drunk and see what happens.

rolling on floor laughing

Shakyamunison
What about future lives?

Mindship
What about future lives?

Not to be confused with days of future passed. wink

Shakyamunison
Not to be confused with days of future passed. wink

You old hippie.

debbiejo
Several trials may be necessary to even get the proper hang of free-associating. Maybe try it during meditation. Hell, get drunk and see what happens.

rolling on floor laughing Yeah did that!!.........it just made me want to make more circles.....even dance in circles...........But I understand now, everything is cyclical in life......I think god speaks through me........

Shakyamunison
Yeah did that!!.........it just made me want to make more circles.....even dance in circles...........But I understand now, everything is cyclical in life......I think god speaks through me........

ROYALGUARD
in my past life i was a bacteria part of this... bigger picture

DigiMark007
Mixed results exist because one can still reasonably conclude that the hypnotized person believes they had the past life, and that this is what they are conveying. This is a simpler conclusion than jumping to the next level and saying that regression actually reveals a past life. Even, for example, if a person is speaking in a language they claim they never heard before (and assuming they are telling the truth, and that their memory is perfect), it is something the person still could have picked up subconsciously ("incidental learning"wink, which, of course, highlights the lesser but still spectacular powers of the mind.

As you rightly intimated, hypnotic regression suggests past lives, but again we are, so to speak, making conclusions about a phenomenon just from seeing a "shadow."

True. It becomes harder when a past life is remembered and it's relatively recent. Select cases exist where they've been able to confirm details recalled in hypnotic regression. Again, a possible "incidental learning" but this becomes harder to explain away when there is little or no contact between the parties in question.

Still, I'm a rather firm believer in reincarnation (the works of Ian Stephenson are wonderful examples of scientific evidence of this possible phenomenon) but I certainly won't discount the possibility of other explanations for it.

So like I said, it makes me curious enough to try hypnotic regression myself...just to make sure I wasn't Spider-Man in an alternate dimension.

smile

Shakyamunison
True. It becomes harder when a past life is remembered and it's relatively recent. Select cases exist where they've been able to confirm details recalled in hypnotic regression. Again, a possible "incidental learning" but this becomes harder to explain away when there is little or no contact between the parties in question.

Still, I'm a rather firm believer in reincarnation (the works of Ian Stephenson are wonderful examples of scientific evidence of this possible phenomenon) but I certainly won't discount the possibility of other explanations for it.

So like I said, it makes me curious enough to try hypnotic regression myself...just to make sure I wasn't Spider-Man in an alternate dimension.

smile

I know one way that works for me. Try to remember what it was like in your mothers womb. Try to recall your oldest memories. If you can, you then can jump to other lives because the vial is not closed at that point.

Blue nocturne
I hear meditation helps in finding past life memories.

Soleran
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
I hear meditation helps in finding past life memories.

Uh huh I call them daydreams.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Soleran
Uh huh I call them daydreams.

Meditation takes a lot more effort then day dreaming.

Mindship
Meditation and daydreaming are almost polar opposites of each other. Daydreaming is relaxed and undisciplined, a free-form rambling of the "inner cinema." Meditation is relaxed but focused. One might even describe meditation as actively not daydreaming, the whole point being to pay attention to paying attention (not to the daydreams), so that the inner cinema winds down...and then, what's behind it, begins to unfold.

Neither are meditation and hypnosis the same.

Soleran
Meditation takes a lot more effort then day dreaming.

Yet its purposes are very similar, so anyway.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Soleran
Yet its purposes are very similar, so anyway.

Incorrect. A better parallel to Meditation would be prayer.

Soleran
Incorrect. A better parallel to Meditation would be prayer.

There you go then and the definition in both coincide it depends on the purpose you wish to achieve. Then the meditation and daydream can seperate totally.

Blue nocturne
Meditation is focusing on nothing, I've tried it difficult I might add.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Meditation is focusing on nothing, I've tried it difficult I might add.

Not all meditation. It depends on what type you practice.

Shakyamunison

I chant and use a mandala called a Gohonzon. I find this easier to do then nothing.

Mindship
The common thread of all meditation is consciousness/attention focusing on itself. In purest form, this involves a focus which, for some, can be too intangible to grasp, so aids are used, aids which range from the very concrete (eg, your breath), to much more subtle (eg, a visualization).

Also, what you focus on, and what you believe, will affect the form of what you experience.

Blue nocturne

I try to focus on my breathing, or I just focus on the darkness before me.

debbiejo
Incorrect. A better parallel to Meditation would be prayer. I don't think so much prayer...cause prayer is not really all that deep and a deep meditation,for me, is almost the point of between sleep and wakefulness and of course keeping focus...not letting yourself drift......But that is the deepest one....That's where, for me, you find some communications.

Shakyamunison
I don't think so much prayer...cause prayer is not really all that deep and a deep meditation,for me, is almost the point of between sleep and wakefulness and of course keeping focus...not letting yourself drift......But that is the deepest one....That's where, for me, you find some communications.

It depends on how deeply you pray. I knew people how would pray for hours.

debbiejo
I can't do that............ confused

Mindship
Prayer can take on meditative qualities: for example, the dovuning of a Jew, or a Catholic counting Rosary beads. One can also choose a phrase from prayer as a mantra.

I heard this from somewhere, thought it was nicely phrased.
"Prayer is talking to God; meditation is listening."

Soleran
I chant and use a mandala called a Gohonzon. I find this easier to do then nothing.

This yes I do believe!

debbiejo
Whooooooo that is a good phrase..........Meditation I feel is listening....really trying to listen.... big grin

Oh you have all kinds of phrases don't you......lol

NineCoronas
In my previous life I was a scapegoat.

RogerRamjet
Norwegian wood no expression

debbiejo
I have such a strong will, very strong, I must of been male many times... huh

I guess this time I decided to see what it would be like to have a lushes body........Hey, it's pretty cool!!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by NineCoronas
In my previous life I was a scapegoat.

So, it's your fault. eek!

laughing

Mindship
I have such a strong will, very strong, I must of been male many times... huh

I guess this time I decided to see what it would be like to have a lushes body........Hey, it's pretty cool!!

I don't remember my body as an Irish woman, whether it was lush or not (damn).

Punker69
What about future lives?

Dinasour, tiger, lion, or liger...... laughing Maybe i'll be incarnated to another Buddah or something and promote something else like....re-evolving or being able to have body parts of an animal or something....i'll think of something.....

Shakyamunison
Dinasour, tiger, lion, or liger...... laughing Maybe i'll be incarnated to another Buddah or something and promote something else like....re-evolving or being able to have body parts of an animal or something....i'll think of something.....

roll eyes (sarcastic) Like that could happen.

laughing

Punker69
Hey if you think we can be reincarnated then why limit the possibilities?

Alliance
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

... oh wait that's now. no expression

Shakyamunison
Hey if you think we can be reincarnated then why limit the possibilities?

If you understood reincarnation, you wouldn't ask that question. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alliance
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

... oh wait that's now. no expression
Is that your name?

Anyway, many Hindu's believe that you are able to remember your past lives through proper training.

Just before his enlightenment, Buddha remembered all his incarnations eek!

*meditates hard concentrating*

Shakyamunison
Is that your name?

Anyway, many Hindu's believe that you are able to remember your past lives through proper training.

Just before his enlightenment, Buddha remembered all his incarnations eek!

*meditates hard concentrating*

There are some people who can naturally remember past lives.

lil bitchiness
I read about that somewhere...

Actually there was a site somewhere, which I do not have the link to anymore, which had all kinds of interesting ideas sourounding past incarnations and stuff, people remembering and telling stories about it...I like stories happy

Shakyamunison
I read about that somewhere...

Actually there was a site somewhere, which I do not have the link to anymore, which had all kinds of interesting ideas sourounding past incarnations and stuff, people remembering and telling stories about it...I like stories happy

To some people this information is just too personal. Can you imagine a person who remembers parts of past lives? They would have to keep it to them selves or people would think they were crazy, especially if they were raised as a Christian.

Bardock42
Is that your name?

It's the President of Iran no expression

lil bitchiness
To some people this information is just too personal. Can you imagine a person who remembers parts of past lives? They would have to keep it to them selves or people would think they were crazy, especially if they were raised as a Christian.

there is a book actually...which collected these stories. Many of them came from India, but a lot came from USA too as well as South America.

Im sure as Christians they will have a plausable explanation as to WHY there is something before...

Bardock42

Maybe they jsut make it up though.....

debbiejo
Actually there are many books out there on it....They're quite interesting and documented. One story that I remember was a little girl who remembered that she was a father and husband in her last life, well it turned out that that family was still alive. They met and continued a close relationship...It turned out she was indeed the incarnation of the husband of that family...

Shakyamunison
Maybe they jsut make it up though.....

I'm sure some people do. As a matter of fact, I believe that most stories that are published are made up to get attention, but I have not read the book that lil talked about, so I really don't know. As soon as someone says that they were some famous person, I disbelieve. It is just too sensational.

debbiejo
This is the same documented works I've read....

Mindship
...many Hindu's believe that you are able to remember your past lives through proper training.

That's why, if I have the presence of mind to do so, just before I go I will tell myself, "Remember..."

Punker69
If you understood reincarnation, you wouldn't ask that question. stick out tongue

Sure I would.

Shakyamunison
Sure I would.

I feel like I'm talking to a 13 year old. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Punker69
no expression

Lord Urizen
Punker 69, lemme guess ur Christian ?

darth vraya
based on animals... I think I'm a wolf. I think this because I am naturally attracted to wolves (avi and sig) and because I care about my family and friends more than anything else (like a pack).

Punker69
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Punker 69, lemme guess ur Christian ?

Correct.

KingDubya
I can tell that I was probably some absent-minded college professor in a past life. Or possibly an unmarried man who never took risks. Or both.

Lord Urizen
Punker69, out of curiosity, no insult intended, how old are you ?

Punker69

Lord Urizen
15 years old?

I thought so, you look very young in your picture.

You seem VERY INTELLIGENT punker, but you also seem CLOSE MINDED.

AS you get older your mind is exposed to other possiblities and other opinions. As you get older, you'll understand why people think the way they do and why the beleive what they beleive.

Are you parents Christian? Does Christianity work for YOU and make sense for YOU?

If so, that's wondorful. But understand it does not work or make sense for everyone.

you seem to know a LOT about the Bible and its intepretations, but you also seem to know very little about everything ELSE.

I am not trying to change your mind or steer you away from your religion, but you HAVE To understand why other people do not beleive the same thing, and you have to respect that they don't.

Final question:

Do you beleive you can truly Love someone when you also beleive they are going to Hell or deserve to ?

Punker69
15 years old?

I thought so, you look very young in your picture.

You seem VERY INTELLIGENT punker, but you also seem CLOSE MINDED.

Thank you.

AS you get older your mind is exposed to other possiblities and other opinions. As you get older, you'll understand why people think the way they do and why the beleive what they beleive.

I already do have a clear understand whether you realize it or not.

Are you parents Christian? Does Christianity work for YOU and make sense for YOU?

My parents are Christian. Yes it does work for me and it makes perfect sense.

If so, that's wondorful. But understand it does not work or make sense for everyone.

From my experience it does work for everyone. If they let it work. If not then it does nothing.

you seem to know a LOT about the Bible and its intepretations, but you also seem to know very little about everything ELSE.

Thank you, but tell me what exactly I dont know about everything else taken from the few of my post you've replied to.

I am not trying to change your mind or steer you away from your religion, but you HAVE To understand why other people do not beleive the same thing, and you have to respect that they don't.

I understand. But you also have to understand that this is a religious forum. Another basis of this forum is not only to discuss but to debate. I never force my opinion on anyone. But I state it in relation to what the Bible teaches. This could lead into a debate. I dont respect when people try to promote false doctrine when I can show them cleary in scripture where they are wrong. At that point their opinion doesnt stay opinion but becomes a promoted false doctrine or perversion.

Do you beleive you can truly Love someone when you also beleive they are going to Hell or deserve to ?

I believe that I can truly love someone who may indeed be going to hell.

I dont believe you can love someone who you think deserves to go to hell because bitterness of resentment overshadows the love God has commanded you to show.

Lord Urizen
Thank you.

You're welcome.

I already do have a clear understand whether you realize it or not.

I don't have to realize it, and you don't have to prove it to me. That's not the point.

Argue against me with your life experiences, not with Biblical information. I have studied the Bible, i have chosen for many reasons not to take the Bible as source of absolute truth.

If you want to convince me of anything, you can stick to the Bible, but also back up your beleifs with something personal. I'll actually understand you and relate perhaps.

Otherwise you are just throwing quotes at me that most of which I already know and secondly don't care about.

From my experience it does work for everyone. If they let it work. If not then it does nothing.

For YOUR experience...thats one mind set, you cannot see from other people's eyes.

If they let it work...like if a gay person chooses not to be gay...that doesnt happen. Being gay is not a choice, it is an attraction to the same gender and you cannot change or choose your attractions.

Also everyone has a different intepretation of whats truth and whats not, Catholics, Protestants, etc.

Who to beleive? Who to beleive ?

For some people it doesnt work, it does not hold any water, I being on of those people. i have prayed to God all my life, read the Bible all my life, went to Catholic school all my life...

looked for many answers...ways...

I've never been happier nor felt more free until the day i just let those things go and decided to make my own mistakes and make my own choices and live my own life.

Thk you, but tell me what exactly I dont know about everything else taken from the few of my post you've replied to.

You only use the Bible to back up your arguments. You seem to disregard science and other ways of reasoning.

You obviously know nothing about being gay or bisexual and only look at it from a Biblical point of view, which i know to be a false way to look at it.

I know what its like to be bisexual, and you are suggesting to me that i probably dont know what it is by defining it solely as a SIN.....

rstand. But you also have to understand that this is a religious forum. Another basis of this forum is not only to discuss but to debate. I never force my opinion on anyone. But I state it in relation to what the Bible teaches. This could lead into a debate. I dont respect when people try to promote false doctrine when I can show them cleary in scripture where they are wrong. At that point their opinion doesnt stay opinion but becomes a promoted false doctrine or perversion.

I don't argue by the Bible. I argue against it.

ve that I can truly love someone who may indeed be going to hell.

I dont believe you can love someone who you think deserves to go to hell because bitterness of resentment overshadows the love God has commanded you to show.

I cannot argue with you here, this is just opinion and there is no way to argue this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.