DN Kyp Durron vs. Ulic Qel-Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Creator
Two powerful apprentices square off, who wins?

tdtd
In terms of lightsaber combat? Probably Ulic. In terms of force abilities, definitely Kyp. Overall? Probably Kyp in a hard fought victory.

Darth Avis
why is Kyp so uber? from what i know he turned a dovin bassel inside out and got pwned by 2 slayers who where infected by alpha red.

tdtd
His force abilities are insane.

Darth Avis
examples?

tdtd
manipulating black holes among other things..

Darth Avis
it was a dovin bassel. i said that. Impressive yes, but not impressive enough for me to belive he can beat Ulic.

tdtd
his force abilities are beyond Ulic, he was only second to Luke in the whole Academy.

Darth Avis
so? None of the people in the academy are noteworthy except Jacen Kyp and Luke.

tdtd
Right, and? Those guys had the ability to use both light and darkside techniques...Where does Ulic rank among them in force abilities.

Darth Avis
um... lets see. He was fighting Exar for a while before Ragnos showed up, He owned the mandolor in a very uneven fight and more importantly, he has an amulat of the ancient sith that is very powerful.

tdtd
What have we seen his amulet do exactly? Pretty much nothing.. And his saber combat is not what I'm discussing, because Ive already said he'd take out Kyp in saber combat.. Kyp has shown incredible force abilities.

Darth Avis
it fires a huge blast of force energy and increases force powers. still, what is so uber that Kyp did other than the dovin bassel.

tdtd
I'll google it, i'm watching family guy.

jollyjim311
Ask yourself that question, what has Ulic shown us with the force? Not what we are skeptical as to what he can do, what has he actually done?

tdtd
my point exactly.

Faunus
Originally posted by Darth Avis
it fires a huge blast of force energy and increases force powers. still, what is so uber that Kyp did other than the dovin bassel.

That was Exar's gauntlet, not Ulic's amulet.

Razielim
I say Ulic can take him in saber combat after a short battle. In a raw force fight I see Kyp coming out on top.

But overall I'm giving this to Ulic.

tdtd
Depends on the proximity. If Kyp can keep somewhat of a distance he'd take out Ulic. Ulic hasn't show anything impressive with the force, and the amulet that he does possess is worn on his body. I'm assuming it is also Sadow's

Darth Avis
still, i dont get it. What has Kyp done that has made him so uber.

Another thing. Luke killed hundreds of warriors getting to Shimrra, but he killed them one or two at a time in a narrow staircase. That doesnt seem godlike to me. Yea sure he killed the slayers so he is still pretty strong but what makes him goodlike?

i bet yoda or mace could have also killed the slayers.

He would have died at shimrras amphistaff had the overlord not taken out the saber so that doesn't make luke uber. why is luke treated as a demi-god then?

tdtd
Doesn't matter, bottom line is he is, and Kyp is second to him.

Darth Avis
what?!? you cant just say that! i want to know why because to me they dont seem so amazing!

tdtd
Wikipedia

Faunus
Another thing. Luke killed hundreds of warriors getting to Shimrra, but he killed them one or two at a time in a narrow staircase. That doesnt seem godlike to me. Yea sure he killed the slayers so he is still pretty strong but what makes him goodlike?

I suggest you re-read the final battle sequence. Luke fights through practically the entire upper levels of the mothership, slaughtering hundreds, thousands of Vong practically by himself. And the stair sequence was brief, not the duration of his ascent.

Possibly, but not with the ease and efficiency that Luke did.

The only reason he was about to die in the first place was because Shimrra whipped out the lightsaber: he had to take his free hand off of the head of the amphistaff to catch Shimrra's blow, thus leaving himself vulnerable to the now unopposed weapon.

tdtd
I wish there were pictures in that book.

Escape81
I'm inclined to agree with Tdtd... Kyp has uber Force powers. I'd say he wins, in the end.

Darth Avis
why are his force powers so uber though!

Jonathan Mark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Avis
what? Tell me.

Razielim
His force telekenisis was massive... he moved a black hole. The density, the mass of that thing is staggering!

Darth Avis
it was a dovin bassel which is MUCH weaker than a normal black hole. we are taliking about Rebal stand (or dream) right?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Razielim
His force telekenisis was massive... he moved a black hole. The density, the mass of that thing is staggering!

Remember it wasnt a real black hole, it was an artificial Vong black hole that is tremendously less massive than a real one.

Darth Avis
that is what i said...

Great Vengeance
that is what i said...

I didnt look at your post, sorry.

Darth Avis
But you did use better grammer...

Darth_Glentract

Because Kyp was in the same league as DN Luke, who overpowered a guy who had a force pool to draw from that was over 365 times wider the DE Sidious'.

darthsith19
I go with Kyp.

tdtd
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Because Kyp was in the same league as DN Luke, who overpowered a guy who had a force pool to draw from that was over 365 times wider the DE Sidious'.

Yup

Lightsnake
smaller black hole or not, you pretty much need to alter...lord knows how many laws to even move a finger sized black hole.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Because Kyp was in the same league as DN Luke, who overpowered a guy who had a force pool to draw from that was over 365 times wider the DE Sidious'. how was he in the same league? He turned an african american hole inside out. Big woop. He got schooled by to slayers infected with alpha red.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Lightsnake
smaller black hole or not, you pretty much need to alter...lord knows how many laws to even move a finger sized black hole.

The artificial black hole wasnt any more powerful than the reactor that powered it, it shouldnt be compared to a real black hole at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.