New Super Mario Bros.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
We all remember the days of playing Super Mario World and Mario Bros. 3. Sidescrolling goodness, simple and great fun. Many thought we'd never see a new traditional Mario sidescrolling game. But alas, New Super Mario Bros. for the DS offers some of the best and, most importantly, fun gaming I've had in a long time.

If you've been waiting to get a DS, now is the time (or next month if you want the DS lite). This game is an undeniable killer app for the DS, a game that is worth owning the system for alone.

I've only played through the first world and already I'm just in love with the game. It combines nostalgia with some new graphical and gameplay improvements that makes for a truley excellent gaming experience.

In short, if you own a DS and you don't have this game, something is wrong with you. And if you love Mario but don't own a DS, get it. You won't be disapointed.

JKozzy
Out today, right? I saw some previews of this and it looked really great; I'll be getting it soon.

BackFire
Yep, out today.

Ritoshi
AHH I am going to throw up, to much mario games make me sick like 10 other mario games just came out for the DS already ahh

JKozzy
What ten Mario games came out for the DS, then? confused

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Ritoshi
AHH I am going to throw up, to much mario games make me sick like 10 other mario games just came out for the DS already ahh

Throw up? Don't you mean GROW UP?

This is pure undiluted gaming at its finest, idiot.

Ritoshi
Mario hoops coming out
Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2
New Mario bros
Mario and Luigi Partners in time
Mario Kart DS
Super Mario 64 Ds
Marios face coming out

ok not all came out but here is just a small list off the top of my head.

Gba Mario games
Mario tennis
Dr mario
mario party advance
Mario partners in time
dr mario classic
mario pin ball
mario golf
super mario bros
mario vs donkey kong
mario superstar saga
super mario 3
mario party e
mario advance 3
super mario advance 2
mario kart super circut

JKozzy
Yeah... SM64DS came out almost a year and half ago... it didn't 'just' come out. I'm not going to dignify the rest of the post with a comment.
Originally posted by Red Superfly

This is pure undiluted gaming at its finest, idiot. Amen.

Ritoshi

This is pure undiluted gaming at its finest, idiot. relax mario fanboy eek!

Don't get me started on the gba ones!!. Like when the only thing to play is mario, you kinda get sick of it

BackFire

This is pure undiluted gaming at its finest, idiot.

Word.

The game is outstanding, if you have a DS you're doing yourself a disfavor by not getting this game.

JKozzy
relax mario fanboy eek!
You come into a thread and post that you're sick of Mario games with reason that doesn't hold up, and completely unaware of the current game at hand... and he's a fanboy for telling you so? Whoa, what rock have I been living under?

Originally posted by BackFire
Word.

The game is outstanding, if you have a DS you're doing yourself a disfavor by not getting this game. Owning the game, what would you say about the 3-D graphics? A couple of my friends thought it looked stupid, any info on that?

Red Superfly
relax mario fanboy eek!

Don't get me started on the gba ones!!. Like when the only thing to play is mario, you kinda get sick of it

A Mario fanboy likes all Mario games, right? Well, I don't like all Mario games, so technically I'm not a fanboy.

Although, if being a Mario fanboy means I'm not part of whatever "club" you belong to, then call me "Mario's b!tch" for all I care.

I just took exception to your rediculous statement. Just because there are tons of Mario games doesn't take away from the fact this game is outstanding.

By all means, go off and play some half-baked shooting game and continue to look like a f*cking idiot.

Ye know nothing of what ye speak.

Spartan005
Its funny how Mario 64 DS came out a year and a half ago, and it probably has some of the best graphics out of all the DS games...

BackFire
Originally posted by JKozzy
You come into a thread and post that you're sick of Mario games with reason that doesn't hold up, and completely unaware of the current game at hand... and he's a fanboy for telling you so? Whoa, what rock have I been living under?

Owning the game, what would you say about the 3-D graphics? A couple of my friends thought it looked stupid, any info on that?

I love the graphics, I think they look really slick and pretty.

Ritoshi
Word.

The game is outstanding, if you have a DS you're doing yourself a disfavor by not getting this game. My dumbass will end up getting it and I got like no money!!

BackFire
You'd be a dumbass not to get it.

Ritoshi
I just took exception to your rediculous statement.

By all means, continue to look like a f*cking idiot. laughing oh oh don't come to my house and kill me eek!

Ritoshi
You'd be a dumbass not to get it. eek!

Red Superfly
laughing oh oh don't come to my house and kill me eek!

Ok then.

Besides, I don't fancy travelling too far right now. The "special" hospital is quite a walk from here.

Ritoshi
Ok then.

Besides, I don't fancy travelling too far right now. The "special" hospital is quite a walk from here. uh ok.

Ritoshi
http://ds.ign.com/articles/705/705537p1.html

Ritoshi
My friend beat it in like 2 hours no expression said it was the easiest game ever made on the planet shock but still the funnest game he ever played in his life eek!

IcePunk
No, the easist game on the face of the earth is Chamelion twist on the N64 and beat it 30 minutes, but I still enjoy it and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this game too.

SaTsuJiN
Word.

The game is outstanding, if you have a DS you're doing yourself a disfavor by not getting this game. are there game modes aside from the single player campaign?

BackFire
Yes there are.

IcePunk
like?

Spartan005
I was all excited to get Perfect Dark Zero this weekend... until I found out that I have to go upstate to visit my cousins (its a 4+ hour drive) so now I'm gonnna buy this game instead... and save $15 eek! And I'll have something to do for 4 hours (besides watching the same movies that I've seen 20 times over again) laughing

And btw does anyone know how long it takes to beat the whole game???

Ritoshi
Best game I ever played in life no expression not an original mario game at all. the best!!!!!!!!

IcePunk
OMFG then I HAVE TO get it !!

General Kaliero
Well, I bought it today, and I gotta say I love it. Though there are a bunch of new ideas and techniques, it just FEELS like Mario. Way too fun.

I would recommend this game to anyone with a DS. In fact, this just may be one of the few games that every DS owner MUST have.

Ritoshi
Get the game now or die no expression

InnerRise
I've been looking at the newly released trailers that they put on line until it came out and I'm not all that stoked about this game and don't see myself buying it.

What exactly is so great about this Mario game?

What elevates this game on such a high pedestal?

What makes this game better than other Mario games or just other games in general?

is it comprehensible.....

BackFire
It's a classic Mario game, the same sense of fun, excitement and challenge as the others. I don't think it's better than the other mario games, simply just as good.

Simple as this - If you like Mario platformers there's no reason not to get this, it's as good as any of the previous ones.

If you don't like Mario platformers, you may not like this one.

InnerRise
Well I definitely like Mario games.

Super Mario Bros. for the Super Nintendo was my first game and console every and I loved it.

BackFire
Then there's no reason why you wouldn't like this one. It takes the fun and magic of the old Mario games and adds a few new touches.

Ritoshi
I love classic Left to right stuff. I am having so much fun with this. Mario,Sonic,Megaman are all time favs

General Kaliero
Also, the game has great replay value, in gathering all the star coins on each stage and figuring out how to get to the two bonus worlds.

A question, though. Anyone figured out if there's a way to save besides completing a tower or castle? If there's not, later Star Coin collecting quests are going to be mighty annoying.

Ritoshi
lol I don't think there is a way to save other than that. Oh and yeah, replay is high..I playe dthe second stage like 10927897816747 times!!

InnerRise
lol I don't think there is a way to save other than that. Oh and yeah, replay is high..I playe dthe second stage like 10927897816747 times!!
is it really that fun?

SaTsuJiN
I dont mind mario games.. but single player stuff isnt really my cup of tea... if someone else had it I'd play it

Refused
I got this game today and instantly fell in love with it but the levels are just too damn short. But i agree with most that it is super fun, classic Nintendo fun...know what i'm sayin?

Ritoshi
How do you get to world 4...it skipped over it sigh!!!?

General Kaliero
The only way to get to world 4 is to beat the boss of World 2 as Mini Mario. You may want to wait until after going through most of World 8 first, though, because Worlds 4 and 6 are much harder compared to the worlds you get to them from.

Oh, and you can save any time you use your coins to go through a sign to a Toad House or Bonus Level.

Ritoshi
Oh thanks!

AstroFan
Anyone else hate levels with lakitu in them? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ritoshi
After the first world, things got annoying as hell.

Ritoshi
UMMM, how do you kill him as mini mario...it won't hit him and mini so how can you kill the worm if when you jump on him it doesn't hurt him ? no expression

General Kaliero
...you have to ground pound the guy's head.

You should ground pound any difficult enemy anyway. it does twice the damage as a normal jump, and it's the only way to hurt anything as Mini Mario.

Ritoshi
Originally posted by General Kaliero
...you have to ground pound the guy's head.

You should ground pound any difficult enemy anyway. it does twice the damage as a normal jump, and it's the only way to hurt anything as Mini Mario. Oh shit lol, I forgot about that thanks. Oh and for other guys I just go to world 1 and stock up on plants so as I start off I have fire mario shotting and if I get hit I have teh extra item one so I fire all the time.

ESB - 1138
Does anyone else see a lot in this game that reminds you of Sonic? Like the dash? The running on water? The blue shell thing?

IcePunk
I wouldnt know....yet shifty

Ritoshi
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Does anyone else see a lot in this game that reminds you of Sonic? Like the dash? The running on water? The blue shell thing? You can run on water lol ? Well they both rip off each other .

Spartan005
I just got this game a couple days ago and its great... I was actually pleasantly surprised with the graphics, which use a lot of cool 3D effects. The gameplay is awesome, and the multiplayer mode is a LOT of fun... theres only five levels for vs. mode but its great. Anyone who owns a DS HAS to get this game NOW!!!!

JKozzy
Got it today, finally, and damn it was worth it. Enjoying myself quite a bit big grin

IcePunk
Originally posted by Spartan005
I just got this game a couple days ago and its great... I was actually pleasantly surprised with the graphics, which use a lot of cool 3D effects. The gameplay is awesome, and the multiplayer mode is a LOT of fun... theres only five levels for vs. mode but its great. Anyone who owns a DS HAS to get this game NOW!!!! OK OK OK OK *runs to store*

LORD JLRTENJAC
I just got it yesterday and it is by far the EASIEST Super Mario Bros. game I have ever played. but it is still VERY fun. I personally love the Mega Mushroom.

InnerRise
I still haven't decided whether to get this yet. It looks like fun, but I wonder if it's worth the price and if the fun will last throughout the whole thing or just for the first few minutes.

ESB - 1138
Am I the only one who hates the dancing Mushrooms?

Ritoshi
lol Nope I got screwed with that shit many times. i also hat ethe fish levels and lava levels taht kill you in one hit.

Spartan005
Originally posted by InnerRise
I still haven't decided whether to get this yet. It looks like fun, but I wonder if it's worth the price and if the fun will last throughout the whole thing or just for the first few minutes.

Honestly... its probably not worth $35, but even though the actual game is kind of short, it has a Very High replay value. I'd suggest you get it... and if you don't want to get it now then wait a bit until the price drops

darth_royke
finally... a 2d mario game. i'm not a fan of the 3d versions, as i beleive its the simplicity of 2d platforming that makes mario special. this is why i cant wait for the game to be released here in the uk. i am tempted to import but havent really got the money. when i do it should be released! princess peach has had some decent reveiws... any news on if it is decent?

Sin Harvest
The New Super Mario Bros is very fun with some cool 2-4 player mini games. I enjoy playing as Luigi through the main game instead of Mario well because the man in green needs his time in the sun. He stood in Mario's shadow for some time and the one chance he got for fame (Luigi's Mansion) was a total waste considering everyone forgot about it when Super Mario Sunshine came to the Gamecube.

I hope they make a New Super Mario World where you can ride Yoshi again. I miss those days. Super Mario Sunshine allows you to ride Yoshi but he has to eat fruit every few minutes or else he'll die.

Darth Jello
Mario riding yoshi? please refer to this....

http://fat-pie.com/supermario.htm

SP90
I'll probably get it if the game is long enough. I bought the Yoshi game and it lasted like 3 hours without playing the whole time... Some games are simply too expensive for what they have to offer.

Spartan005
Originally posted by SP90
I'll probably get it if the game is long enough. I bought the Yoshi game and it lasted like 3 hours without playing the whole time... Some games are simply too expensive for what they have to offer.

Wait for a price drop... b/c it probably isn't worth the money.... for the game's length

Darth Jello
the should put out a rerelease pack featuring both original and enhanced versions of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Brothers Special Edition, Vs. Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. 2:For Super Players/The Lost Levels

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Darth Jello

That was a waste of time.

And what I thought they should have done was make the levels more like the orginal Super Mario Bros. You know, you don't go to a world map or anything and just go one after the next; no saving. That way you can find Wrap Zones and skip a few worlds and then find another Wrap Zone and go to World 8-1 and go fight Final Bowser early and save Princess Peach.

JToTheP
the should put out a rerelease pack featuring both original and enhanced versions of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Brothers Special Edition, Vs. Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. 2:For Super Players/The Lost Levels

They have no reason to do that though with the Wii you will download NES, GB, SNES, N64, Genesis, and whatever else games. So everything will be accounted for considering Lost Levels is in All.Stars for SNES, and we have this for DS.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by JToTheP
They have no reason to do that though with the Wii you will download NES, GB, SNES, N64, Genesis, and whatever else games. So everything will be accounted for considering Lost Levels is in All.Stars for SNES, and we have this for DS.

I can't wait for the Wii to come out. I want to play Super Mario Bros 2 (Lost Levels) now! Japan think it was too hard for us Americans but like Final Fantasy V and shall prove them wrong!!

pinkfloydkor

That was really dumb, but look at this!!!!!
It is how you are going to play the old games on the wii!!!!

L0ckJaw
*really hope it's real*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.