Who do you like for the 2008 presidential election?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

NineCoronas
You forgot Ralph Nader.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by NineCoronas
You forgot Ralph Nader.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

NineCoronas
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Ya Krunk'd Floo
From what I've seen and read, I like this Obama dude, but I think it's too early for him.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
From what I've seen and read, I like this Obama dude, but I think it's too early for him.

I like Obama too, but he won't run in 2008. Keep an eye on him, though..

Deano
do you think electing a new president will end earths woes?

the agenda is still the same no matter who is in office. and after the last rigged election farce, why would you ever want to vote again

Darth Jello
Santorum=the mixture of semen, lubricant, and feces that results from having very dirty anal sex.

FVck em, all those people are aweful, I especially hate hillary and all the republicans.
I wish someone who isn't an entrenched, partisan pussy, criminal, or sack of shit would run

PVS
i selected john edwards, although that useless piece of shit hillary will probably get the nomination.

Mindship
I nominate whoever will p*ss-off the most Republicans.

El_NINO
Originally posted by NineCoronas
You forgot Ralph Nader.

laughing out loud

He runs just for shits and giggles and just so he wont lose his seat in the senate.

Eis
Originally posted by PVS
i selected john edwards, although that useless piece of shit hillary will probably get the nomination.
Same.

lord xyz

shugie99
McCain or Hilary would be my choices

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone except Hillary Clinton.

XxILuvVegetaxX
I think it will come down to McCain vs Hilary, dunno who I would vote for. I've always loved John McCain, I see him more as an Independent rather than Republican, but as of late... hes been acting strange.... like the whole speaking @ Liberty college and hanging out w/ Jerry Falwell, I'm not really liking that. Hilary is moving more to the "center", I'm not liking that either, it's pretty obvious that theyre both going to run.

lord xyz
John F Kerry

Darth Jello
Let's all cut the crap. look at her background, Hillary Clinton is basically an entrenched, corporatley sponsored conservative republican posing as a democrat.

Koala MeatPie
Rice said she was not running.

BackFire
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

Same here. He'd be my prime choice.

Out of the list though, I guess McCain

Commando Queen
Isn't there someonee from Wisconsin running?

sithsaber408
It would be awesome to see Hillary against Arnold.

There was a bill on the floor awhile ago, (when Arnold was still popular in polotics) to grant an immagrant who had been a citizen for 20 years (and he has) to run for prez.

Can you imagine the spectacle? laughing out loud

Seriously though, Id go with Guilanni.

He was the mayor of NY on 9/11, and is a strong conservative.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by BackFire
Out of the list though, I guess McCain

If I forget the party, and judge the person, then I'd feel the same way. He doesn't seem too reprehensible.

Morgoths_Wrath

DiamondBullets
McCain should run with Giuliani as his running mate--Mr. Vietnam and Mr. 9/11 would be unstoppable.

Morgoths_Wrath

Capt_Fantastic

Imperial_Samura
Shame about Obama.

Beyond that I can't really say. I didn't think it was likely Al Gore would run again (though I don't mind him.) Jeb Bush as president - makes my eyes want to bleed.

John Edwards maybe.

Darth Jello
both mccain and guliani are crooks and panderers

PVS
people will vote for hillary. why? because she has a vagina. nothing more.

i find that sad. sad that the first woman president would be the second worst of not the worst president in u.s. history. so then she very well may be the last female president.

(i cant wait for the first tool to glaze over that post and cry "ZOMG SEXIST!!!!"wink

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
people will vote for hillary. why? because she has a vagina. nothing more.

i find that sad. sad that the first woman president would be the second worst of not the worst president in u.s. history. so then she very well may be the last female president.

(i cant wait for the first tool to glaze over that post and cry "ZOMG SEXIST!!!!"wink

What do you hate about Hillary so much?

PVS
she is a waste. her entire career consists of tagging along and seizing opportunity. swell, only she accomplishes nothing.
perfect example would be her unconditional support of the war and complete lack of questioning regarding the war and everything related from prisoner abuse to our very reason for going there. then lets factor in her silence over the need for campaign and lobbying reform (of coarse, she'll wait till she's DONE with her election to bring it up...how quaint). it just seems her only purpose is to be the queen of hindsight, and once late 2007/2008 rolls around, watch how that all will change. watch how ALL OF THE SUDDEN its all important, and she would have done it all differently, etc

not a word. but just wait. wait till she "stands tall" and calls for change, when it promises to benefit her. i know there are far many more democrats equally responsible for this, but at the same time they dont stand a chance of being president.

forgot to mention, if i had the choice it would be obama.

*edit* and if anyone challenges me, i will simply create a thread "what has hillary clinton accomplished?" and we can all watch it sink like a stone in a pond.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
she is a waste. her entire career consists of tagging along and seizing opportunity. swell, only she accomplishes nothing.
perfect example would be her unconditional support of the war and complete lack of questioning regarding the war and everything related from prisoner abuse to our very reason for going there. then lets factor in her silence over the need for campaign and lobbying reform (of coarse, she'll wait till she's DONE with her election to bring it up...how quaint). it just seems her only purpose is to be the queen of hindsight, and once late 2007/2008 rolls around, watch how that all will change. watch how ALL OF THE SUDDEN its all important, and she would have done it all differently, etc

not a word. but just wait. wait till she "stands tall" and calls for change, when it promises to benefit her. i know there are far many more democrats equally responsible for this, but at the same time they dont stand a chance of being president.

forgot to mention, if i had the choice it would be obama.

But isn't that mostly her personality....do you think she would do stupid thingas as a president?

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
But isn't that mostly her personality

no, not at all. opportunism with a lack of priority for whats best for 'the people'. thats mentallity and priority. personallity has nothing to do with it. quite frankly i dont know whether she's actually a pleasant person or a total b!tch, nor do i care.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
no, not at all. opportunism with a lack of priority for whats best for 'the people'. thats mentallity and priority. personallity has nothing to do with it. quite frankly i dont know whether she's actually a pleasant person or a total b!tch, nor do i care.

Okay, yeah...I used the wrong word...but do you think if she was President, which she might be, that she would lead the country badly?

PVS
Okay, yeah...I used the wrong word...but do you think if she was President, which she might be, that she would lead the country badly?

thats just it. i dont think she is capable of leading at all

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
thats just it. i dont think she is capable of leading at all

Yeah,...after all she is a woman.....now that was really sexist.....sorry to anyone offended...but I may do that....I'm a guy after all.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Obviously, Hilary is tricky, conniving, and publicly non-committal, but sadly that's the name of the game for most politicians. I think she'd do a good job considering the support she'd get from ol' Bill. Considering the rest of the Democratic hopefuls listed, I think she'd be in with the best chance of winning the gig.

Looking at the rest, John Edwards seems a little light-weight. John Kerry has no chance. Joe Biden looks burnt out, and as much as I like a lot of what Al Gore stands for, I don't think he has much of a chance. Therefore, with Obama seemingly sitting this one out, it's left to a choice between Hilary and McCain.

Darth Jello
What do you hate about Hillary so much?
Her record. She's like Lieberman. Procensorship, protheocratic, corporatist. Hell, she used to be a lawyer and director for walmart.

lord xyz
Originally posted by lord xyz
yeah, I mean, it's not Dick Cheney'll campaign. Originally posted by lord xyz
John F Kerry

DiamondBullets

ESP07
"The" Bruce Dickenson. This country needs more cowbell

PVS
i dont knowwhich is more disturbing...

the fact that someone voted for condoleezza rice or that someone voted jeb bush messed

sithsaber408
I'd vote for Jeb Bush, WITH Condelezza Rice. big grin

Well, maybe not.

McCain/Guiliani?

Hell Yes.

Although I would be more inclined to vote for Collin Powell, but alas, we are not so fortunate.

BackFire
I'd never vote for Jeb Bush just based on the fact that his name is 'Jeb'.

Eis
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I'd vote for Jeb Bush, WITH Condelezza Rice. big grin

Well, maybe not.

McCain/Guiliani?

Hell Yes.

Although I would be more inclined to vote for Collin Powell, but alas, we are not so fortunate.
But... Powell's.... well black. Isn't that like against everything you stand for?

lord xyz
Why the **** would we want another ****ing bush? And I bet Dick Cheney'd win because he's the dumbest.

Imperial_Samura
I am shocked that Jeb Bush has equal votes to Al Gore. What. On. Earth?! Would make anyone think he is presidential material? Have you no pride. I'm not even from the US but this inspired me to defend your nation against him.

Who knows, maybe it was simply somesort of strange sexual attraction to people with non-sensical names?

Though it's ok if the votes are only jokes. Ok, that was a fun rant.

Darth Jello
Jesus, are you people serious? JEB BUSH!!! HE'S THE SMART ONE!!!!
Can you imagine a Bush who by virtue of being a bush is basically a fascist BUT WITHOUT DUBBYA'S MENTAL RETARDATION OR NEIL'S TASTE FOR UNDERAGE ASIAN PROSTITUTES?
The whole world would be uninhabitable in ten years.

Avier
I wont say anything because I have no idea where John McCain stands on anything. hes moving more moderate to make others happy, but I dont know where he stands on things. I I hope to goodness that Jeb dont run. Then Kerry, wow, lets pray he doesnt run, he would run the country worse then Bush.

meep-meep
Why isn't Russ Feingold on this list?

FistOfThe North
Hey MW, you forgot to put the Gov. of my state down, who will win, by the way; Republican Governor Mitt Romney of Mass.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Hey MW, you forgot to put the Gov. of my state down, who will win, by the way; Republican Governor Mitt Romney of Mass.

never heard of him blink

but who knows? maybe he'll win

DE Luke
Kerry(he has more waffles than a House of Pancakes,he would NOT make a good president,a president stands by his decisions,he doesn't change them every last minute),Clinton(an idiot,thinks we should ban all video games,lady,there's a reason why they have the RATING for the game at the bottom left corner pf the package!That and she's a bonified idiot),Gore(also an idiot,couldn't run himself out of a paper bag),Bush(this coming from a Republican,I lost all respect for him when he let illegal immigrents run free,uh,dubya,there's a reason why they're called 'ILLEGAL'!) are definately NOT presidential material.That's all I can say.

PrincessMary
Are you serious when you say that Jeb Bush or Condeleeza Rice could be President? I never thought I would see the day when America would welcome a female President, but I honestly can't stand Condeleeza. I hope Hilary wins, only because I am a huge fan of Bill Clinton! I thought he was a fantastic President. smile

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by PrincessMary
I never thought I would see the day when America would welcome a female President smile

Don't worry--America won't.

PrincessMary
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Don't worry--America won't.

So I take that to mean you are pretty sure Condeleeza won't be President? Who do you think will be the final two nominees?

Eis
So I take that to mean you are pretty sure Condeleeza won't be President? Who do you think will be the final two nominees?
Condy officially said she's not running.

DE Luke
Are you serious when you say that Jeb Bush or Condeleeza Rice could be President? I never thought I would see the day when America would welcome a female President, but I honestly can't stand Condeleeza. I hope Hilary wins, only because I am a huge fan of Bill Clinton! I thought he was a fantastic President. smile You're a fan of the guy who lied to this country when he said he didn't have an affair?You're the fan of a guy who couldve taken out Osama at any point in time during his presidency?!Uh,no.Hillary aswell as her good for nothing husband are/were DEFINATELY not presidential material. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aziz!
Yuck, all those choices are shitty.

lord xyz
Democrat: John F. Kerry

there's a clue in the name that references to another great leader. Can you guess who?

lord xyz
Originally posted by DE Luke
You're a fan of the guy who lied to this country when he said he didn't have an affair?You're the fan of a guy who couldve taken out Osama at any point in time during his presidency?!Uh,no.Hillary aswell as her good for nothing husband are/were DEFINATELY not presidential material. roll eyes (sarcastic) no, I'd say she's a fan of the man who made a big increase in the economy WITHOUT invading a country to do so. Like those republicans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DiamondBullets

there's a clue in the name that references to another great leader. Can you guess who?

Yeah, you're referring to that democrat who got whacked in Texas.

And what was so great about him?--Other then getting to bang Marylin?

no, I'd say she's a fan of the man who made a big increase in the economy WITHOUT invading a country to do so. Like those republicans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, what DE Luke said was dead-on.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
And what was so great about him?--Other then getting to bang Marylin?

do you really NEED any other reason?

DE Luke

there's a clue in the name that references to another great leader. Can you guess who? You're an idiot if you actually think that that man is presidential material.For God sakes,first he says he supports the War in Iraq,then he says he doesn't,then he says he does etc..

2.Clinton expanded this country?If you mean by giving teenagers an excuse for having Oral Sex which he was to to have said it is not sex,then yes,you're correct. roll eyes (sarcastic) You respect a man that had the power to stop 9/11 before it even began and did nothing about it?He knew there was going to be an attack by Osama,he couldve put him out like a cheap cigar,instead he went the cowards way,and hoped for the best.He's the worst candidate for president. roll eyes (sarcastic)The man is a liar,I don't like Presidents who constantly lie,anyone who does obviously has something wrong with them.He litterally screwed this country over.I hope we don't ever have to have another President like him again.

DiamondBullets
You're an idiot if you actually think that that man is presidential material.For God sakes,first he says he supports the War in Iraq,then he says he doesn't,then he says he does etc..

2.Clinton expanded this country?If you mean by giving teenagers an excuse for having Oral Sex which he was to to have said it is not sex,then yes,you're correct. roll eyes (sarcastic) You respect a man that had the power to stop 9/11 before it even began and did nothing about it?He knew there was going to be an attack by Osama,he couldve put him out like a cheap cigar,instead he went the cowards way,and hoped for the best.He's the worst candidate for president. roll eyes (sarcastic)The man is a liar,I don't like Presidents who constantly lie,anyone who does obviously has something wrong with them.He litterally screwed this country over.I hope we don't ever have to have another President like him again.

thumb up

Lord Urizen
Lying about having oral sex or Lying about there being Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq...

Which is the worse lie here ?

DE Luke
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Lying about having oral sex or Lying about there being Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq...

Which is the worse lie here ? Maybe you haven't been caught up in the news,but last time I heard(CNN),a squad of soldiers found the weapons dumped 3 MILES from the test center the discovered!He didn't lie,you just haven't been caught up in the news.I'll give Bush this,he was right sbout Iraq,and besides,you'd let those people suffer under the rule of a madman when you KNOW you could go and help them?We gave Saddam 3 CHANCES,to give up his weapons and stand down.And we were winning during the first Iraq war,but then those idiots over at the UN told us to leave.You want to blame someone,blame them,they're the ones responsible for this mess.We had the bastard right where we wanted him,we wouldn't have even had a second Iraq war if they hadn't gotten in the way.

And you want to know what the REAL Weapon of Mass Destruction was?Saddam!He was killing off his own people like it was going out of style!WEhat do you think wouldve happened if he killed off all of his own people?He wouldve found some other country's inhabitants to kill off(most likely us,considering just about everyone in thjis world hates us,except the Brits and the Japanese)And you would rather sit here,and twidle your thumbs while INNOCENT men,women,and children are slaughtered?Come to your senses!We want to help the world,not let it destroy itself!And we HAVE helped them,those people are finally getting,fresh food and water,teaching for women,clean clothes and not dirty rags,people not getting killed as much as they used to.Hey,atleast we've pretty much narrowed it down a bit,don't you say?

And don't say the Insurgents aren't backed by Al-Queada,because they wouldn't have lasted as long as they have if they weren't.They couldn't pull off all of this by themselves,these guys are being supplied aswell as trained by the Terrorists,they wouldve been easy kills if they weren't.And are the Terrorists themselves not Weapons of Mass Destruction?Are the Insurgents not aswell?Yes!Or maybe you haven't taken to heart the example 9/11 set on us?Shit Happens!Deal with it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lord xyz
You're an idiot if you actually think that that man is presidential material.For God sakes,first he says he supports the War in Iraq,then he says he doesn't,then he says he does etc.. he's just trying to make everyone happy. Besides, his decision is made and he doesn't want the war on Iraq by the fact it's none of America's bisuness to go into Iraq. Iraq has nothing to do with terrorists, and the war on terror itself, is so bad, that the terrorists have more than tripled sinse the war began.
2.Clinton expanded this country?If you mean by giving teenagers an excuse for having Oral Sex which he was to to have said it is not sex,then yes,you're correct. roll eyes (sarcastic) I think you're missing the point. Originally posted by DE Luke
You respect a man that had the power to stop 9/11 before it even began and did nothing about it? The power to stop 9/11? Ermm, Dick Cheney, had the power to stop 9/11, but I guess you're quite happy to vote for him and Bush, huh?
He knew there was going to be an attack by Osama,he couldve put him out like a cheap cigar,instead he went the cowards way,and hoped for the best.He's the worst candidate for president. then why did he win a second term? Why wasn't there an attack, UNTIL Bush (the republican) came in power?
The man is a liar,I don't like Presidents who constantly lie,anyone who does obviously has something wrong with them.He litterally screwed this country over.I hope we don't ever have to have another President like him again. You don't like liars? How many times do you think Bush has lied?

you lack in grammar skills. no expression

PrincessMary
Maybe you haven't been caught up in the news,but last time I heard(CNN),a squad of soldiers found the weapons dumped 3 MILES from the test center the discovered!He didn't lie,you just haven't been caught up in the news.I'll give Bush this,he was right sbout Iraq,and besides,you'd let those people suffer under the rule of a madman when you KNOW you could go and help them?

What about people in those countries that allow female genital mutilation? Shouldn't the Grand Ole US of A march right in there and drop a bomb on them? Those people are also suffering.

We gave Saddam 3 CHANCES,to give up his weapons and stand down.And we were winning during the first Iraq war,but then those idiots over at the UN told us to leave.You want to blame someone,blame them,they're the ones responsible for this mess.

Those at the UN are not idiots. They probably saw that the war was going nowhere, and advised you Yanks to leave. As for 'winning the first Iraw war', well, that's what America says, isn't it?

We had the bastard right where we wanted him,we wouldn't have even had a second Iraq war if they hadn't gotten in the way.

Maybe if America had have done the job quicker, you would have gotten him 'right where you wanted him'. You had Osama 'right where you wanted him', didn't you? And guess what? He got away. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And you want to know what the REAL Weapon of Mass Destruction was?Saddam!He was killing off his own people like it was going out of style!

IMO, it is his country, he is the President of that country and can do whatever he damn well likes. What would America say if another country threatened war because they didn't agree with the way you did things?

WEhat do you think wouldve happened if he killed off all of his own people?

He wouldn't have.

And you would rather sit here,and twidle your thumbs while INNOCENT men,women,and children are slaughtered?

Innocent men, women and children and being murdered everyday by YOUR troops. And does anyone care about them? No. 'They were only Iraqis, probably terrorists themselves'. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Come to your senses!We want to help the world,not let it destroy itself!And we HAVE helped them,those people are finally getting,fresh food and water,teaching for women,clean clothes and not dirty rags,people not getting killed as much as they used to.Hey,atleast we've pretty much narrowed it down a bit,don't you say?

America wants to save the world. America needs to keep it's nose out of everyone elses business and concentrate on it's own people. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or maybe you haven't taken to heart the example 9/11 set on us?

And who was responsible for 9/11? That's right, Osama. And where is he? Oh, hiding amongst the sand dunes in Afganistan...where is the justice for almost 3000 people who died that day?

Eis
You only lost respect for him when he 'let the illegal immigrants run free'?

Hypocrisy at its best.

PrincessMary
Originally posted by Eis
Hypocrisy at its best.

Especially when Dubya has continually lied through his teeth.

PVS
Will Obama Run in 2008?

In recent weeks, "Washington chatter" about Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) "eyeing the presidential race has increased," the Chicago Tribune reports. "Leading Senate Democrats and party activists have privately urged him to consider a campaign, or at the very least, to leave the door open for a possible last-minute entry."

In fact, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) is openly urging Obama to run, according to the AP.

Adding to the buzz, The Fix notes Obama "has brought on two nationally known Democratic consultants as advisers in recent weeks."

Joe Klein: "Close friends of Obama's say he really doesn't know yet what he's going to do in 2008. It would be nice if we statesmen of the media gave him the room to think it through -- but, of course, we won't. Washington is buzzing with the possibility of an Obama candidacy; he is about to be seriously pestered for a definitive answer."

Klein also notes that Obama's forthcoming book, The Audacity of Hope, will do little to stop the speculation.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2006/05/30/will_obama_run_in_2008.html

i figured this would be a good place to post this link. i sooo hope he runs in 08.

Tangible God
I've heard people b*tch about America's pre-WW2 isolationist policies, and then I hear from the same people complaints about post-WW2 American policies of "sticking their noses where they're not wanted."

Almost every president since FDR has supported the Truman Doctrine, and almost every president before him maintained the Monroe Doctrine. What do people want?

Lord Urizen
I'd vote John Edwards. Cuz he's good looking.

Cheney can suck my $#@$

Bush can suck my $#@$@#$

Hilary is TOO conservative for a democrat.

Morgoths_Wrath
5 votes for Jeb Bush? blink

botankus
What about a UNITY TICKET?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.