Iron Fist vs Puck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
Who wins?

Grimm22
Iron Fist takes it

Accel
smile

FOOM
Puck,
Shang Chi
Black Panther,
Electra,
Captain America
all great fighters and completely nonsuper-powered humans
But IronFist is supposed to be the best of all... "The Living Weapon"

FOOM
What we need is a non-superpowered human tournament:
Puck, Shang Chi, Electra, Black Panther, Captain America and of course,
as The Champion, Iron Fist (The Living Weapon)... unfortunatley the writers will never allow Cap to lose.

King_Mungi
Would Iron Fist even be able to hurt Puck? He's stated to have the same durability as Mr.Fantastic

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Puck_I

King_Mungi
Originally posted by FOOM
What we need is a non-superpowered human tournament:
Puck,

Puck's superpowered

FOOM
I'd forgotten that changed. I wish they change him back. I like the idea that, despite his height disadvantage, he was in league with other types who have no powers but have trained themselves to be "super".

King_Mungi
I think they are going that route, in vol.2 they basically ignored that upgrade so you may very well get your wish smile

Grimm22
Originally posted by Grimm22
Iron Fist takes it

What a fool I was, before I discovered the word of Puck no expression

King_Mungi
Oh wow never even looked at the date when you posted

Well at least you know it now, Puck's the king
1. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/AlphaFlight119-05.jpg
2. http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/AlphaFlight119-06.jpg

Soljer
Could Danny even hurt puck? Even WITH the Iron Fist?

boriquaking55
this fight depends on whether Danny's chi attacks even hurt Puck

Soljer
Originally posted by boriquaking55
this fight depends on whether Danny's chi attacks even hurt Puck

I agree.

If Danny's chi CAN hurt puck, then Danny can take the win.

If it can't? Puck takes it every time.

I'd make the argument, though, that Puck is invulnerable to PHYSICAL damage, and that Chi works on a level beyond the simple physical realm. erm.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
I agree.

If Danny's chi CAN hurt puck, then Danny can take the win.

If it can't? Puck takes it every time.

I'd make the argument, though, that Puck is invulnerable to PHYSICAL damage, and that Chi works on a level beyond the simple physical realm. erm.

I was thinking the same thing, on all accounts.

xmarksthespot
Is Iron Fist the new flavour of the week?

King_Mungi

Won't matter as due to the fact Razar has been constantly attacking his soul for almost a century and Puck has been as stated in constant pain since then.

Spiritual and physical pain won't stop the little old Canuck.

King_Mungi
Also why is it assumed Iron Fist could even connect with Puck? as Eugene has vastly more experience, equally skilled in hand to hand, significantly higher stamina, reflexes and speed.

Oh well in another thread majority believed Daredevil would get the majority over Puck. That's the way she goes.

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Also why is it assumed Iron Fist could even connect with Puck? as Eugene has vastly more experience, equally skilled in hand to hand, significantly higher stamina, reflexes and speed.

Oh well in another thread majority believed Daredevil would get the majority over Puck. That's the way she goes.

I know Puck's abilities.

But I know Danny's.

Danny is EASILY as fast as puck, and is far more skilled. It's just that his regular every day punches won't be damaging Puck.

I just dunno how an Iron Fist works, exactly, so I don't know how Puck would react to it.

King_Mungi
I know Puck's abilities.

But I know Danny's.

Danny is EASILY as fast as puck, and is far more skilled. It's just that his regular every day punches won't be damaging Puck.

I just dunno how an Iron Fist works, exactly, so I don't know how Puck would react to it.

Actually Danny is peak human, he's not superhuman levels even stated.

I wouldn't even say he is far more skilled either, he's good but so is Puck. Puck's been battling demons, ninjas, been in every war for almost a century

The Iron Fist ability basically amp up his strength, speed, reflexes to peak human abilities (Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe), but the fist attack itself can peirce steel and impervious to pain or injury. However, that's it he isn't superhuman and only peak human when he uses his iron fist attack unless that was retconned

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Actually Danny is peak human, he's not superhuman levels even stated.

I wouldn't even say he is far more skilled either, he's good but so is Puck. Puck's been battling demons, ninjas, been in every war for almost a century

The Iron Fist ability basically amp up his strength, speed, reflexes to peak human abilities (Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe), but the fist attack itself can peirce steel and impervious to pain or injury. However, that's it he isn't superhuman and only peak human when he uses his iron fist attack unless that was retconned

The Iron Fist ability does NOT amp his strength up, it's a specific chi attack.

Him amping his strength and speed are also separate from the Iron Fist technique itself.

Fist and Chi (two VERY underrated street levellers) each can amp their bodies with chi to superhuman levels. Both have been shown to dodge multiple bullets at near point blank range (true dodging, not the evasion crap). They each have some very impressive strength feats as well.

Notable, Danny punched through a steel girder without the use of his Iron Fist technique. He's also kept up with Spiderman, as has Chi, meaning either could likely keep up with Puck, as well.

EDIT: Not saying you're lying or anything. I know what the handbooks say, it's just....

We can't really trust handbooks. They mess a lot of things up, and both Shang and Danny have shown themselves to, physically, be FAR superior to Captain America. Steve's speed feats can't even compare with Danny or Shang's.

King_Mungi
The Iron Fist ability does NOT amp his strength up, it's a specific chi attack.

Him amping his strength and speed are also separate from the Iron Fist technique itself.

Fist and Chi (two VERY underrated street levellers) each can amp their bodies with chi to superhuman levels. Both have been shown to dodge multiple bullets at near point blank range (true dodging, not the evasion crap). They each have some very impressive strength feats as well.

Notable, Danny punched through a steel girder without the use of his Iron Fist technique. He's also kept up with Spiderman, as has Chi, meaning either could likely keep up with Puck, as well.

Actually stated it does, him channeling his chi to make the iron fist does this

Incorrect:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/A_Flight11/thironfistback.jpg. Puck at just peak human was dodging lazer blasts, does that make it right?

Actually their connected, his chi is part of the Iron Fist technique

Thugs have kept up with SPider-Man doesn't make it right. Heck even Cap just recently beat Spider-Man

edit: Except Cap has kept up with the likes of Quicksilver and threw his shield that caught up with a rocket that was already launched before he threw it. Yet he is still considered peak human.

King_Mungi
I can't get the most recent handbook scan right now, but on the right hand side is what basically it says. If I remember I will get it tommorow or later tonight

http://marvel.com/universe/Iron_Fist_%28Daniel_Thomas_Rand-K%27ai%29

Soljer
'Doding lasers' the way a human puck does, or captain america does, is FAR different than dodging multiple gun shots at point blank range.

Shang and Danny are bullet timers of the highest order.

Danny is like friggin Karate Kid-lite. And no matter what the handbooks may or may not say, he can amp himself FAR beyond peak human levels. Or do we no longer go by consistent feats in this forum?

King_Mungi
'Doding lasers' the way a human puck does, or captain america does, is FAR different than dodging multiple gun shots at point blank range.

Shang and Danny are bullet timers of the highest order.

Danny is like friggin Karate Kid-lite. And no matter what the handbooks may or may not say, he can amp himself FAR beyond peak human levels. Or do we no longer go by consistent feats in this forum?

Actually Puck dodged multiple lazer beam blasts from Caliber, and lazer blasts are vastly faster than bullets. Puck was also 10-15 feet away from him.

That's nice, but really no human can dodge point blank range bullets. Scoobs basically explains it. Even Captain America rountinely dodges bullets as well and "sees them in slow motion". That justified? hell no.

No, because in the early issues of Heores for Hire when Cage was undercover for the Master they explained Iron Fist powers were he could go peak human as well. Captain America is rountinely stated to be peak human in the comics and handbooks, but his feats countradict each other at times. Which is valid and which is not, handbooks are often shit, but when the actual comics coincide with what is said is pretty tight.

Soljer
Routinely? Post a Cap speed feat.

He's honestly dodged bullets like ONCE. Any other time really seems like Batman style evasion to me.

Shang Chi:
http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masterofkungfu03076le.jpg

Routine.

Iron Fist:
http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bullets11sx.jpg

Routine.

Show me something that Cap's done that can match.

King_Mungi
Well in Civil War #1 S.H.I.E.L.D agents shot multiple shots at him and he was easily evading them, how fast those tranquilers were I don't know. Also those scans perfectly fall into Scoobless defintion of not dodging the bullets but dodging the aim. Puck dodging multiple lazer beams when he was just a dwarf is basically the same principle.

Just look at the Captain America respect thread, there you will even see the scan where he threw his shield and caught up with a rocket. He also jumped from a helicopter and fell over 6 stories and landed on his feet and was fine. Yet he is still considered peak human.

Soljer
In Civil War #1, Cap was EVADING bullets.

Far different from the scans I posted. Did you even look at them? The Bullets are inches from Shang's head in one picture, before he even moves!

In Fist's he is dodging bullets to within a fraction of an inch!

Show me Cap doing that, PLEASE.

Then, maybe we'll talk about peak human.

King_Mungi
In Civil War #1, Cap was EVADING bullets.

Far different from the scans I posted. Did you even look at them? The Bullets are inches from Shang's head in one picture, before he even moves!

In Fist's he is dodging bullets to within a fraction of an inch!

Show me Cap doing that, PLEASE.

Then, maybe we'll talk about peak human.

Then that furthers my points

Actually not really if they were bullets as they were inches from Cap's head and body as well. Yet he was dodging them in mid-air as well. No I saw them, but have you seen the feats Cap does? I really don't want to go to the respect thread, but it's pretty common Cap has done countless things that put him in superhuman levels. Even hurting Namor and Hulk

Please, just look at the Cap respect thread, oh look at this thread since it's abit more organized. He even catches a torpedo

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,100779.0.html

manorastroman
why is the relative meaning of peak human coming into this?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by manorastroman
why is the relative meaning of peak human coming into this?

Well it comics and handbooks both Iron Fist and Captain America are said to be peak human, but both have shown to do superhuman things. Even Puck prior to his upgrade did similar feats, so do we take the superhuman feats that goes against what was said in the comics earlier or not? That's the question, are they still peak human or superhuman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.