TPM Sidious vs. Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Creator
This would be a really interesting duel when you think about it.

Escape81
Gotta go with Darth Bane, for some reason.

BLAK FOX
Yeah I agree. I mean Sidious wasn't even that impressive in ROTS and it was only until DE that he became uber.

Lightsnake
Wasn't he already the strongest Sith of Bane's order?

jollyjim311
Bane killed a few innocents, that's about it. Sidious wins by default until that novel comes out.

The Creator
Originally posted by BLAK FOX
Yeah I agree. I mean Sidious wasn't even that impressive in ROTS and it was only until DE that he became uber.

He wasn't that good because he had not used his lightsaber or the force for 13 years.

Xepeyon
I don't really know much about Bane execpt his "Rule of Two".

Great Vengeance
Bane hasnt shown anything noteworthy, and until he proves he is capable of something...he gets pwned.

Xepeyon
agreed.

darthsith19
I go Bane, though this thread is 99.9% speculation as we know next to nothing about Ban'e skill.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by darthsith19
I go Bane, though this thread is 99.9% speculation as we know next to nothing about Bane skill.

You go with Bane, even though Sidious is a highly respected sith lord and Bane hasnt shown anything noteworthy at all?

DarthMaul9123
and people you better not use the fact that he was malak's apprentice!

Razielim
Bandon =/= Bane. Bane came a good 3,000 years later.

DarthMaul9123
oh my bad, got em confuzzled

darthsith19
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
You go with Bane, even though Sidious is a highly respected sith lord and Bane hasnt shown anything noteworthy at all?
You go with Sidious, even though Bane was the only survivor of the Battle of Ruusan and Sidious got killed by a one armed, unarmed cyborg?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Great Vengeance

Bane destroyed a very large portion of the Army of Light by adding the power of the SIth Council to his own. He bacame so strong that the other Sith came to fear him and instead decided to try and find another way to defeat the Army of Light Light, even though the Army of Light had defeated them in five of the previous battles (or was it six?).

Bane also studied the teachings of Freedon Nadd. While studying Orbalisk's attached themselves to him giving him a living armor that made him extremely stong (by giving him massive amounts of adrenaline during combat) and it also made him able to withstand getting him by a lightsaber.

On the other hand, what has TPM Sidious done? Sidious at this point doesn't stand a chance next to Bane.

darthsith19
Indeed.

Lightsnake
Um, Bane didn't TOUCH the army of light, that's why he was so angry at the others. And at this point, Sidious only spent a large portion of time in his youth to studying the workings of the ancient Sith.

The other Sith were scared of Bane do to his fanatical beliefs about the dark side...when you join with a guy who's about to suck you dry 'for the darkside' and rants about how the DS is spread too thin...hell, Bane drinks poison willingly! The reason he was feared is because he was on par with Kaan and pretty much a mad darkside fanatic.

And Sidious has only cloaked the Sith fromt he Jedi for years, learned everything Bane taught and beyond, mastered numerous techniques of the dark side and studied the secrets of the Ancients.

Faunus
Originally posted by Lightsnake
mastered numerous techniques of the dark side and studied the secrets of the Ancients.

He may have studied some techniques reminiscent of those used by the ancients, but he obviously doesn't know any of the better ones: he admits himself in DL that his mission would be made far easier if he knew some of the secrets of the Dark Lords.

Lightsnake
Then he learned them in the time between the prequels and OT, but it's said he mastered many of their secrets in his youth

Faunus
When would the Emperor of the galaxy and mentor of Darth Vader find time to make enough pilgrimages to Korriban and Ziost to actually learn the greatest secrets of the Sith?

And ''in his youth'' is before the sixty some-odd years of age he is as of DL.

Lightsnake
Probably because he had numerous people to do it for him and it's directly written that he make many pilgrimages?

And I know, so he definitely had quite some knowledge by ROTS

Faunus
Sources for this?

And obviously not as much knowledge as you seem to think.

Lightsnake
Complete Locations, DS sourcebook, the Emperor's Pawns, Gamer, among others

Which is why it was said in his youth he learned some of their darkest secrets? Hell, he'd already gone to Korriban and excavated Yavin 4.

NateGreySummers
Originally posted by Gideon
Gotta go with Darth Bane, for some reason.

Darth Sexy
Damn Noobaris, you really are a moron. Enjoy the permaban.

Gideon
Originally posted by NateGreySummers

Sarcasm is a joyous thing.

Though I did once subscribe to the delusion that Ragnos was more powerful than the Emperor.

Darth Exodus
HAHAHAHAHA.

Is this a joke thread or what?
Bane. Sidious can't even decide if he's bald or not. At least Bane doesn't have to worry about that!

Darth Exodus
By the way why does Neberis keep getting banned.
It seems a little harsh.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
By the way why does Neberis keep getting banned.
It seems a little harsh.

You sound like Noobaris as well, I won't be surprised if you get banned.

Darth Exodus
Seriously, why does Neberis keep getting banned??? huh
I need to know so I don't make the same mistake.

Is it like just because he disagrees with you or something? whistle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.