Anakin vs RotS Palpatine, sabers only.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Razielim
Who takes it?

Anakin from RotS, btw. And he's clear minded.

Hokage Yoda
I say Sids because he could contend with Mace and Yoda

Xepeyon
Unless someone here thinks Anakin could defeat Yoda, Sids.

BLAK FOX
I say Palpatine. He was able to stalemate Yoda in a saber duel and displayed great precision with his saber when he killed Kolar and Tinn.

Motoko Sama
Wasn't it said that Anakin, when thinking clearly, is the best saber duelist in the Order? I know that sounds like complete bull, but I think it was said in RODV.

Xepeyon
I wouldn't be surprised considering this came form the indecisive mind of George Lucas.

Razielim
Doesn't GL say: "After the lava bath, Darth Vader was never again more powerful than the Emperor"?

Wouldn't that make Anakin, effectively, greater than Palpatine in some aspect of power?

That, and Anakin drops Dooku in a minute and a half. Dooku is around Mace's level in dueling ability.

I think he has a fair chance.

Escape81
Meh - when he's calm, Anakin is incredible with a saber.

jollyjim311
Sidious dropped 3 Masters in like, 5 seconds, less maybe. Sidious also stalemated Yoda in a saber duel. So far I'm inclined to say Sidious.

darthsith19
I don't know, Anakin > Dooku, meaning as a minimum he's almost as strong as Mace as far as sabers go, who took down Sidious in a saber duel. IMO, this could go either way.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
Wasn't it said that Anakin, when thinking clearly, is the best saber duelist in the Order? I know that sounds like complete bull, but I think it was said in RODV.
It could have been said in RODV, however the author of that book (I think it was James Luceno) most likely jacks-off while thinking about Vader everynight. It claims that Anakin was the greatest Jedi the order had ever seen.

Razielim
O_o

I think that's going a bit too far. One of the best surely, but greatest?

((The_Anomaly))
A statement like that could be true. Anakin might not have been the best saber duelist, or the strongest force user. But unlike people like Mace who are REALLY good with a saber and just good with the force (for sake of argument) Anakin was more well rounded.

Anakin was an amazing duelist, capable of dueling with Dooku, Sids, Mace and even Yoda.

Anakin's force power/ potential was amazing in various aspects, not just raw power.

Anakin was a pretty good tactician (as seen in LoE)

Anakin was THE best pilot of the Jedi, and in the galaxy.

So while Anakin might not be THE best duelist, or THE strongest with the force. He hangs with all the greats in all these categories, so hes the "greatest" because he is at such a high level in EVERYTHING, not just 1 or 2 things like other Jedi.

Meaning that you could put Anakin in almost ANY situation and he would pwn, unlike people like say Mace who isnt the greatest pilot...

Make sense?

jollyjim311
Makes sense, but I don't think that was the original meaning of the statement.

Council#13
Originally posted by Escape81
Meh - when he's calm, Anakin is incredible with a saber.

Yeah, but he's never calm

Decay
well, according to gillard at the end of the movie anakin was a level 9 duelist, but didnt have the emotional control to really do his skills justice, yoda and palpatine are 9s also, pre vader anakin was an 8 im fairly sure, along with obi wan. so before he was called vader sidious would win. after sidious would win becuase anakin isnt thinking clearly, if its vader without suit and a clear mind i think palpatine has alot of work cut out for him and it could go either way.

Council#13
Once again, Decay enlightens us all with information from Nick Gillard

Razielim
Yeah, but he's never calm

Dooku disagrees.

Well, he was pissed off then. But hey, it worked!

JaehSkywalker
palpy.... but id like anakin to win tho

jollyjim311
Anakins anger "gives him focus, makes him strong," I thought.

Admiral Akbar
Yes his focus is search and destroy. Of course he would be stronger.

jollyjim311
Yeah, and I suppose that could be varied, too. Against Dooku, he was pissed, wanted revenge, and fought like a beast because he was controlling and focusing his anger. Against Obi Wan he was pissed and his anger kind of blinded him.

darthsith19
Yes, I agree completely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.