Most Wasted Character in the X-men movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
I believe Cyclops is the most wasted. He's the best X-men leader because he is so selfless, resourceful, and strategic in battle. He does not get enough screen time, since he was gone through most of X2. However, I think the first movie shows off his commanding skills very well.

Rogue was another wasted character. She was my favourite character from the animated series and they missed so many chances to let her shine. I understand that they used her character to show how mutancy can be a problem in your daily life but still they could have let her fight a little.

He-guy88
i agree with that but that being said i dont like cyk and not realy a rouge fan till she got mis marvils powers after that she rocked but that not in the movie so a littel dissiponted about that but i also know they have to evlov her up to that in the since she dident get them frist thing but she did get them later so wat can ya do

Leo.M
Cyclops sad

pr1983
Cyclops by far... Colossus in x2... soldiers with guns attack the house... colossus is bulletproof... what am i missing?

katie_girl09
Rogue and Storm!

superfusion
Cyclops

Sabretooth
The most wasted main character in the first movie was Sabretooth in my opinion. That vote probably shouldn't count because I'm a little partial to him (I was just confirming that in case there was any confusion), so I'll say Jean instead. She really had no great displays of power in the first movie. At least Cyclops got to blow a hole in a building roof and Storm got to hit a couple of people with lightning and fly (horribly) in an elevator shaft. Jean got worked by Toad for Pete's sake. The most wasted secondary character was Iceman. I would have loved to have seen a bigger display of Bobby's powers. I also think Wolverine was wasted somewhat in the first movie. I know he had the most lines, character development and screen time, but they wasted what screen time they gave to him. They could have developed his character so much further and still given more screen time to some of the other characters if they would have dropped some of Wolvie's one-liners and saved him for the big showdown with Sabretooth by letting one of the other X-Men fight Mystique. I think it would have been so much better if they would have given us a look at Wolverine's berserker side in the final battle and choreographed it more like the fight with Deathstrike instead of the over-choreographed joke that it was. We're talking WOLVERINE and SABRETOOTH here! Those two were the only reasons I even went to see the movie in the first place. Their battle should have blown the Podracer scene in Episode 1 out of the water! I hate you Singer.

In the second movie, the most wasted main character was Cyclops. He was hardly in the movie at all. If I was pr1983 I probably would have felt like going home and kicking my dog after sitting through that entire movie and witnessing how my favorite character got hosed. Poor guy. The most wasted secondary character was Colossus. My guess is the 3D model for Colossus didn't look realistic enough. Maybe that's why they kept his face in the shadows. It still would have been nice to see more of him though, even if he would have looked all cartoony.

p.s. :
pr1983, I think the thing you're missing couldn't be more obvious. Who needs the help of a bulletproof guy who is really strong against some soldiers, WOLVERINE or a bunch of wimpy scared little brats? DUH! Wolverine needs help from no one! Wolverine beat Lobo!

...which X-Men have the greatets durablility(?)...

WOLVERINE!!!

Wolverine have the greatets durability!

Wolverine could probably beat SUPERMAN as long as he could go berserker. HE FEELS NO PAIN IN HIS BERSERKER RAGE! NONE! Just like in his video games! Superman's heat vision would have no effect on Wolverine in his berserker rage! Superman doesn't have cool sideburns! Wolverine would sweep LOIS off her feet and show her what a real short, hairy man is like. NO WOMAN IS SAFE FROM HIS ANIMAL MAGNETISM! It's just a matter of time before Wolverine takes Emma away from Cyclops just like he did Jean!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm training to be a fanboy in the versus forums. How was that?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Sabretooth
The most wasted main character in the first movie was Sabretooth in my opinion. That vote probably shouldn't count because I'm a little partial to him (I was just confirming that in case there was any confusion), so I'll say Jean instead. She really had no great displays of power in the first movie. At least Cyclops got to blow a hole in a building roof and Storm got to hit a couple of people with lightning and fly (horribly) in an elevator shaft. Jean got worked by Toad for Pete's sake. The most wasted secondary character was Iceman. I would have loved to have seen a bigger display of Bobby's powers. I also think Wolverine was wasted somewhat in the first movie. I know he had the most lines, character development and screen time, but they wasted what screen time they gave to him. They could have developed his character so much further and still given more screen time to some of the other characters if they would have dropped some of Wolvie's one-liners and saved him for the big showdown with Sabretooth by letting one of the other X-Men fight Mystique. I think it would have been so much better if they would have given us a look at Wolverine's berserker side in the final battle and choreographed it more like the fight with Deathstrike instead of the over-choreographed joke that it was. We're talking WOLVERINE and SABRETOOTH here! Those two were the only reasons I even went to see the movie in the first place. Their battle should have blown the Podracer scene in Episode 1 out of the water! I hate you Singer.

In the second movie, the most wasted main character was Cyclops. He was hardly in the movie at all. If I was pr1983 I probably would have felt like going home and kicking my dog after sitting through that entire movie and witnessing how my favorite character got hosed. Poor guy. The most wasted secondary character was Colossus. My guess is the 3D model for Colossus didn't look realistic enough. Maybe that's why they kept his face in the shadows. It still would have been nice to see more of him though, even if he would have looked all cartoony.

p.s. :
pr1983, I think the thing you're missing couldn't be more obvious. Who needs the help of a bulletproof guy who is really strong against some soldiers, WOLVERINE or a bunch of wimpy scared little brats? DUH! Wolverine needs help from no one! Wolverine beat Lobo!

...which X-Men have the greatets durablility(?)...

WOLVERINE!!!

Wolverine have the greatets durability!

Wolverine could probably beat SUPERMAN as long as he could go berserker. HE FEELS NO PAIN IN HIS BERSERKER RAGE! NONE! Just like in his video games! Superman's heat vision would have no effect on Wolverine in his berserker rage! Superman doesn't have cool sideburns! Wolverine would sweep LOIS off her feet and show her what a real short, hairy man is like. NO WOMAN IS SAFE FROM HIS ANIMAL MAGNETISM! It's just a matter of time before Wolverine takes Emma away from Cyclops just like he did Jean!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm training to be a fanboy in the versus forums. How was that? What the f**k? You had me worried there...

zslick
you know what i dont care what you guys say i say gambit is the most wanted to character ever!!!

Sabretooth
Originally posted by zslick
you know what i dont care what you guys say i say gambit is the most wanted to character ever!!!

I think the title of this thread is "Most Wasted Character IN the X-men movies". So unless you count a name on a computer screen, Gambit wasn't in the movies. Man, that felt good to type. Ima type it again: ...Gambit wasn't in the movies.

There are already several threads dedicated to Gambit fans feeling sorry for themselves because their boy just can't manage to get himself written in to a script. Do we really need to make this another one?

masterkit
X1-Cyclops,Sabretooth,Jean

X2-Cyclops,partially Jean,Storm(she looked bored out of her mind),Rogue, Iceman, I kno Pyro did that big fire seen but he still could have done more.

chucktaylor
Cyclops.

100% sure.

Fiann@
Originally posted by pr1983
Cyclops by far... Colossus in x2... soldiers with guns attack the house... colossus is bulletproof... what am i missing? He was bulletproof in Ultimate as well confused

Noa
Totally agree that Cyke was the most wasted character in X-1 and 2. the worst part about it is that my friends who don't know anything about x-men other than the movies think that cyke is a crap character that should be dropped. *sigh* there is just too much background than they can everget across in two hours.

Arcane
in the third basically every one who isnt wolverine jean magneto and storm

then beast iceman kitty and pyro

the rest was basically one liners the whole way

Darth Vicious
Cyclops in all 3 movies specially in 2 and more obvious in 3, he got like 30 minutes in the whole movie. Sabretooth, Angel, Psylocke, Juggernaut were all misused.

Leo.M
Cyclops was wasted in all 3 movies

InnerRise
Originally posted by katie_girl09
Rogue and Storm!

Storm was waisted in X3?

You gotta be kidding me.

is it comprehensible.....

Shalimar_fox
i'm say all the random mutants in x3.poor psylocke.angel,
x2:cyke,rogue,syrin,
x1:toad and saber

of 1&2 movies if you ask me is jubilee.i have seen her the x 1&2 and that poor girl only got one line in x2.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by InnerRise
Storm was waisted in X3?

You gotta be kidding me.

I posted that before X3, not after. I was referring to the first two.

InnerRise
I posted that before X3, not after. I was referring to the first two. oh my mistake.

Yeah, she wasn't used to her full potential in the first 2, especially the 2nd one.

Yeah she formed tornados, but she was sitting in a seat while doing it.

It was great to see her being the eye of the tornado this time around and actuallty doing something and being involved this go around.

That's my favorite scene out of the whole movie and to know that she ws really doing the spinning. 90 Miles per hour spinning I might add. Really adds a since of Awww while watching that scene. She got sick afterwords but it was worth it.

Jigsaw13
Cyclops was wasted by far and that sucks because he's the leader of the X-Men.

persian85033
Cyclops is just plain STUPID. I'm glad they didn't waste time on him. They should've put Pyro a little more in there, but I guess he's not really one of the X Men, so, he's out. But definitely Iceman. He should've gotten much more screentime. And, of course, Wolverine.

phoenix100
Cyclops. In the comics, he's the one all the babes go for. Not Wolverine. He's virtually Xavier's son, the first X man (Wolverine did not even join the comics until 1974 and did very little until the 90s when he fell in love with Jean, and even then he was more of a stalker that Cyclops nor Jean took seriously.

InnerRise
For those wondering how Brett Ratner chose his characters and how he managed their powers here's a piece of an interview with him:

"SHH!: How did you pick the mutants though, particularly the new characters with new powers?
Ratner: I just went through the comics and the materials and thought, "This is cool." They're what I thought was cool, and I just wanted to go in and put some color into it. It's a multi-racial comic, and Halle Berry was the only person of color in the last few movies, so I wanted to bring some flavor, as they say. They were inspired by the comics. For instance, Spike started as Kid Omega, but there was another character. I found one character that I liked and then I took the powers. For instance, Callisto has the power of another character who moves fast and has the telepathy thing. The girl from the wall looks like Psylocke but she has the power of one of the other characters. So I mixed and matched powers to service the story. Instead of having ten more actors in the movie, I just said, "You're going to have these three powers."

Grimm22
1.Cyclops.

I mean in the first he hardly does crap, in the second he doesn't play a big part till the end, and in the third he "dies" without any explanation whatsoever What the f**k?

2.Colossus

In 2 movies the guy had 2 lines total. Literally thats all. His name is only said once and he gets little to no screen time. mad

3.Kitty Pride

Seriously she was in all 3 movies yet she wasn't even introduced until X3.What the f**k?

That and she is simply used to create a love triangle between herself, Iceman and Rouge. sad

Arcane
For those wondering how Brett Ratner chose his characters and how he managed their powers here's a piece of an interview with him:

"SHH!: How did you pick the mutants though, particularly the new characters with new powers?
Ratner: I just went through the comics and the materials and thought, "This is cool." They're what I thought was cool, and I just wanted to go in and put some color into it. It's a multi-racial comic, and Halle Berry was the only person of color in the last few movies, so I wanted to bring some flavor, as they say. They were inspired by the comics. For instance, Spike started as Kid Omega, but there was another character. I found one character that I liked and then I took the powers. For instance, Callisto has the power of another character who moves fast and has the telepathy thing. The girl from the wall looks like Psylocke but she has the power of one of the other characters. So I mixed and matched powers to service the story. Instead of having ten more actors in the movie, I just said, "You're going to have these three powers."

that is just stupid, Ratner is an idiot, he cant put a mutant in there and switch their powers, he should be shot and hung for that

Grimm22

Yeah why was Pyslocke camoflauged to that wallWhat the f**k?

Oh and if you read the credits apparently Jubilee was in the movie somewhere. stick out tongue

Arcane
Originally posted by Grimm22
Yeah why was Pyslocke camoflauged to that wallWhat the f**k?

Oh and if you read the credits apparently Jubilee was in the movie somewhere. stick out tongue

i actually though the 'comaflauge' was a really crap SFX of her shadow teleporting...

Jury
I guess, you totally missed what Cyclops is for.

He is more than just a character. Each character symbolizes something. An example.

While Storm symbolizes CONVICTION, Cyclops' essence is DECISION.

You call it waste? gambit2

And hey, Rogue is a waste? Rogue is a symbol of BEAUTY. And it is not about physical beauty - the reason why people cannot touch her - because it's within.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by masterkit
X1-Cyclops,Sabretooth,Jean

X2-Cyclops,partially Jean,Storm(she looked bored out of her mind),Rogue, Iceman, I kno Pyro did that big fire seen but he still could have done more.

yup.. that...

Lighthammer
Colossus was wasted in both X2 and X3, and was hoping to see a fight between him in Juggernaut in X3, who was also wasted in x3. I mean come on He hits a wall, and he's done for the movie. This is why Singer should not have left, becuase control then shifted to FOx, who the moment they assigned it to Ratner, it was obvious to me the movie would be nowhere near as good as the last two. I mean the onnly new actors that werenttin the first two that were really good were Grammaer as Beast and Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut, who were not even cast by ratner.

Dr.Variant
**** cyclops, they barely used angel

Darth Vicious
While im not a Cyclops fan they shouldve treated his character wit more respect. He is the leade of the X-men, One if not the first of the X-men.

fruits
i've gotta say Colussus. there's so much more you could've done with him....

atwork
cyclops isnt a wasted character...he wasnt i it alot bc hes a *****...plain and simple...i think gambit shoudl and will be in the next one but the reason that he wasnt in the firs t3 is bc his character is too much like wolverines character..the outcast with an attitude...

persian85033
2.Colossus

In 2 movies the guy had 2 lines total. Literally thats all. His name is only said once and he gets little to no screen time. mad

3.Kitty Pride

Seriously she was in all 3 movies yet she wasn't even introduced until X3.What the f**k?

Only 2 lines? Aw, does he at least have a good accent? I'd like to hear him talk with a Russian accent.

Yeah, that's true, people were probably all, who's that girl who goes through walls or something.

Jury
They call her Kitty. So that's Shadowcat.

KharmaDog
Colossus, waste of an awesome character with an awesome potential for some great scenes.

Storm was a waste in that they should have someone other than halle berry play her. Ahe was wooden and terrible in all three movies.

The Pict
Angel is quite a wasted character as he doesn't do much of anything in the movie. Save his pop? Ha! I say let him fall

InnerRise
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Colossus, waste of an awesome character with an awesome potential for some great scenes.

Storm was a waste in that they should have someone other than halle berry play her. Ahe was wooden and terrible in all three movies.

In almost every post you say something along the lines of Halle sucks as Storm and I've also noticed your Bias in the Halle Berry Thread so I'm beginning to think that you're letting your bias get the best of you and no matter how good Halle Berry may have performed you won't see it no matter what becaue you won't allow yourself to.

That's just my take on it based on your other comments.

Blackbeast
Piotr Rasputin was wasted
also where the hell is the lovable russian accent we love and adore
THankgod for beast i love hime

mutantX-gene18
I agree Cyclops was a wasted charcter but Rogue is to whiney for my liking. They should have had more of angel in it, now that was defiantly a wasted charcter. He could have brought so much to the film, I think if Bryan Singer and directed this x-men he would have put so much more into the film.

The Pict
juggernaut was wasted. He's unstopable, could take on the x-men on his lonesome but is beaten by a brick wall

Wolfie
I have to agree about Cyclops, he really got jipped in the last two movies.

The Pict
unfair on the cyclops character as his is so important in the comics.

masterkit
overall i tink Cyclops and Rogue were most wasted

KharmaDog
In almost every post you say something along the lines of Halle sucks as Storm and I've also noticed your Bias in the Halle Berry Thread so I'm beginning to think that you're letting your bias get the best of you and no matter how good Halle Berry may have performed you won't see it no matter what becaue you won't allow yourself to.

That's just my take on it based on your other comments.

In almost every post you claim how great Halle was as storm or defend her.

I'm beginning to think that you're letting your bias get the best of you and no matter how awful Halle Berry may have performed you won't see it no matter what becaue you won't allow yourself to.

thorncrawler
nightcrawler should be in it that was a waste

The Phantom
Cyclops, Rogue, and Angel. You guys know the reason for the first two, but I think Angel was completely wasted. I was hoping he'd have a bigger part than he did. Pity.

Icicle
Originally posted by The Phantom
Cyclops, Rogue, and Angel. You guys know the reason for the first two, but I think Angel was completely wasted. I was hoping he'd have a bigger part than he did. Pity.

I think they were introducing him in X3, so that he can have a big part in X4. Atleast I hope smile

Forcewielder
I have to go with Cyclops and Rogue.

I had no problem with Cyclops' treatment in X1 but after that, I didn't like how the filmmakers left him out of the other 2 films (it's also a travesty that they killed him off in X3) and Rogue is pretty much useless throughout the entire trilogy without her superstrength and flying abilities. She also should've also been a proud sex kitten (we only got a glimpse of it at the start of X1) instead of a frightened little girl.

botcherby
1.Cyclops.

I mean in the first he hardly does crap, in the second he doesn't play a big part till the end, and in the third he "dies" without any explanation whatsoever What the f**k?

2.Colossus

3.Kitty Pride

That and she is simply used to create a love triangle between herself, Iceman and Rouge. sad

Plus Kitty got shorter in everyone!!

Doc Ock
Angel was wasted in X-3.He did nothing except save his dad.

X-3 still rocked though wink

braz
to be honest, i think all of the characters in the X movies were wasted a bit to an extent. but still, thats about the best u can do to make it believable without being too hoaky when ur talking about mutants with powers and how they face the world and such. it all cant be action. there has to be something to it. which is why i liked Batman Begins so much. it wasnt about Batman entirely. it was a story about a man named Bruce Wayne and how all the tragedies in his life led to him to become the Dark Knight that we've known all these years. the action in it was a little too blurry and incomprensible. believe me, i can name tons of movies that had way better action than Batman Begins, but thats not the thing exactly that made it so great. so i think overall the X-Men movies could've been a little better, but they did a decent job of making what they did. especially the last 1, The Last Stand was phenomenal and very entertaining. the first one was the worst. they just kept getting better with every new X MEN movie release. i cant wait to see the 4th one..!!

replies in kind
Cyclops was wasted definately, They had him in all three movies with short lines and then he dies in the third. I was frustrated since Cyclops is my second favorite X-Men and they kill him off. But they should've given Pyro alittle more Screentime in the 3rd film.

Jury
Nobody was wasted. Everything must be put in order. It so happened that some has smaller roles. That's normal. That's inevitable.

x-fetish
Originally posted by lordofwar
Rogue was another wasted character. She was my favourite character from the animated series and they missed so many chances to let her shine. I understand that they used her character to show how mutancy can be a problem in your daily life but still they could have let her fight a little.

so much word.my brother called me crazy when i counted her scenes.i know i couldn't have been the only one bothered that she showed up about 8 times in the movie, and got a dialogue in even less of those 8 scenes

Blahmicho
Originally posted by zslick

I totally agree, coolest power of all x-men and he isn't even in the movie! THe only time they even reference him is when Mystique is hacking the computers in X2

RoguePw25
I think that Cyclops and Rogue were the most wasted, but seeing as the actor who played Cylcops jumped to The Return of Superman, I wasn't that surprised at how little he was in the movie.

As for Rogue, she didn't even use her powers. C'mon now.

Originally posted by KharmaDog
In almost every post you claim how great Halle was as storm or defend her.

I'm beginning to think that you're letting your bias get the best of you and no matter how awful Halle Berry may have performed you won't see it no matter what becaue you won't allow yourself to.

Why do you think that Halley Berry isn't good as Storm? I for one very much enjoyed her performance. Storm has a LOT more role in this movie than the others, and I loved every minute of it.

Adam Warlock
I was looking forward to Juggernaut and Colossus going toe to toe with each other. Man what a waste of a potentially entertaining scene.

NiņoArņia
i think Colossus would have gotton tossed....but i also think Cyke, Rouge and Angel didn't get enough time on screen, though the bursting throgh his restraints, jumping out of a window and flying away was pretty effin A. angel eek!

Kal875
X1: Storm
X2:Cyclops, Lady Deathstrike
X3: all the villans (multiple man, psylocke, juggernaut, ect), and Angle

*Collosus and Rogue were both totally wasted in all 3 movies*

x-fetish
Originally posted by Forcewielder
I have to go with Cyclops and Rogue.

I had no problem with Cyclops' treatment in X1 but after that, I didn't like how the filmmakers left him out of the other 2 films (it's also a travesty that they killed him off in X3) and Rogue is pretty much useless throughout the entire trilogy without her superstrength and flying abilities. She also should've also been a proud sex kitten (we only got a glimpse of it at the start of X1) instead of a frightened little girl.

preach it!!!i was completely looking forward to rogue wanting to jump every guys bones. not that i'm calling rogue a whore but i wanted her to be all "hey your cute wanna go make out.. oops i forgot i could kill you if we tried, too bad." i always thought the idea of a reformed juvenile was cool cool which is what made her my fave,because she's not all morally superior and not above losing her cool and doing something bad when someone ticked her off evil face . and i also liked that she was someone who could do all the provocative stuff i'd be too shy to do embarrasment cartoon or not. sorry for the long babble.

x-fetish
colossus was another wasted character. though i did like the part where he's like hauling that t.v under one arm like it's a doll. GOD I WISH!!! i usually have stuff gravitate to under my bed and then it takes all kinds of headaches to retrieve it. if i could just lift it with one hand i'd be over the moon. I know i'm easy to please. i've made my peace with it.

RisingStorm
Cyclops, Rogue, and Psylocke!!!

zonmoy
Originally posted by The Pict
juggernaut was wasted. He's unstopable, could take on the x-men on his lonesome but is beaten by a brick wall

actually he was beaten by leech when he neutralized his powers.

The Pict
yeah i know that. he loses his powers and knocks himself out. not cool.

MattDay
but juggernaught runs on magic right? not a mutant as far as I know... oh well

§ilent
Cyclops. no expression

ReverendM@k@shi
I always felt Cyclops to be the most useless. Pyro was good but in the cartoons and comics he would make giant shapes like a dragon or some type of bird with the fire...

Noa
/\ heh um, dude... this thread is called "most wasted" not "most useless power" lol j/k

I still say Halle Berry ruined Storm.

The Pict
every single character in this movie was wasted, even wolverine. when jean says he has been tamed shes right.

Blair Wind
1) Cyclops- He didnt instill any feeling of Hey Im the freakin leader in me as a veiwer. He was the first, the best, and the heart of the X-men. He was the one most dedicated to the cause. I didnt feel ANY dedication at all from, as he wasnt even there half the time

2) Colossus. He had ONE line in the movie (3rd) and thats when he was talking to Bobby. Cool power, coulda gone toe to toe with Juggs and nothing happened

3) My favorite X-man. Sorry, but when in the movie all they spout about is Jean being the only class 5 mutant they know about, and In X-men Iceman is also an Omega Mutant (Class 5 in movies) it makes me....irritated. Plus the fight scene with pyro was gay. I liked the ice up, but just shooting at eachother? No ice shards, Ice tracks (especially when they all made their entrance), no bird flames, or dragons? That could have been much better erm

4) People that somehow made it into the credits and I didnt even know they were there. I still dont know who Jubilee was, or the blink kid from 2 & 3....plus Angel and the "villains" MM, Spike/ Kid Omega (wtf?), plus whoever that guy lookin girl was (if that was supposed to be Psylocke..well...thats terrible...)

The Pict
cyclops didn't instill any hey im actually in this movie, either. what a waste.

Bardock42
Rogue.

EuRaZn
Cyclops. I don't even care for the character, but to treat him with such disregard in these movies (especially the third) is an insult to a character that's been iconic to the X-Men. Whether or not one likes him, he's been a part of the team for ages ...

Colossus as well. It's strange that he was technically a full-fledged member of the team in the third movie, but Cyclops still had more lines than he did even though he was featured in just about 10 minutes of the movie!

EuRaZn
Originally posted by Blair Wind
4) People that somehow made it into the credits and I didnt even know they were there. I still dont know who Jubilee was, or the blink kid from 2 & 3....plus Angel and the "villains" MM, Spike/ Kid Omega (wtf?), plus whoever that guy lookin girl was (if that was supposed to be Psylocke..well...thats terrible...)

The "guy lookin girl" was Arclight. Magneto mentioned her name before she started using her powers on Alcatraz.

As for the supposed Psylocke character, not a single person called her by name during the entire movie. For all intents and purposes, she was just some random mutant with non-descript powers who had a few purple streaks in her hair.

Maybe they realized what a crap part it was and decided not to name her in case they wanted to make actual use of Psylocke in a future project ...

What was definitely lacking in this movie were "fanboy" moments like the first and second movie had ... quick scenes and cameos like "that was Jubilee with the yellow trenchcoat!" and "wow, Colossus armored up!" were completely lacking ...

Sea King
Wolverine could have been portrayed alot better

TheKingpin
is there any chance cyclops is coming back to alive or jean for that factor?

InnerRise
Originally posted by EuRaZn
The "guy lookin girl" was Arclight. Magneto mentioned her name before she started using her powers on Alcatraz.

As for the supposed Psylocke character, not a single person called her by name during the entire movie. For all intents and purposes, she was just some random mutant with non-descript powers who had a few purple streaks in her hair.

Maybe they realized what a crap part it was and decided not to name her in case they wanted to make actual use of Psylocke in a future project ...

What was definitely lacking in this movie were "fanboy" moments like the first and second movie had ... quick scenes and cameos like "that was Jubilee with the yellow trenchcoat!" and "wow, Colossus armored up!" were completely lacking ... Psylocke was in the credits and died at the end of the movie.

Viviane Hor
Cyclops or Angel ?

alice_lfc
defo not cyclops because.. well in x3 butin x1 he was the star. i 8 the new director!!!LET ME SAY DIS JAMES MARSDEN IS FIT!!!!They're only wastin cyclopsx coz de want logan with jean but u no jean wanna be with scott! BRYAN SINGER GAVE MARSDEN A BOSS GO1 SINGER 4 X-MEN!!!! BUT NIGHTCRALER WAS THE REAL WATSE OF TIME HE WAS IN HALF OF 1 X-MEN MOVIE AN DAT WAS X2.

OhILuvHP
i'd say jean in the first one.....she is huge in the second and the third but she seems like nothing in the 1st---plus i think they needed to add more reasons for why logan fell in love with her

2nd-the blue teleport guy (im sorry i cant think of his name!) well...he wasnt really WASTED but he was in the 2nd and that was it

3rd-ROUGE!!! she is BARELY in this one.....and that is who i am! i dressed up as her when i went to the movie! she was DEFINETLY wasted. and so was CYCLOPES i guess, but i dont really like him so yeah

InnerRise
Originally posted by OhILuvHP
i'd say jean in the first one.....she is huge in the second and the third but she seems like nothing in the 1st---plus i think they needed to add more reasons for why logan fell in love with her

2nd-the blue teleport guy (im sorry i cant think of his name!) well...he wasnt really WASTED but he was in the 2nd and that was it

3rd-ROUGE!!! she is BARELY in this one.....and that is who i am! i dressed up as her when i went to the movie! she was DEFINETLY wasted. and so was CYCLOPES i guess, but i dont really like him so yeah

So basically you played the role of Rogue throughout the whole movie more than Rogue herself.

hysterical

How did you feel?

OhILuvHP
no-i just like her-she kinda went downhill from the 1st to third movie-and i actually wanted to be Wolverine.....but my other friend wanted that

Omega-level
1- Cyclops: Like him or not, he was always one of the main players of the X-men, and the Dark Phoenix Saga was about him and Jean, period, every other character really unecessary as long as you have an X-team (in the cartoons, they changed the entire team but Wolverine and no one cared). And not only that: X-Cutioner Song, Inferno, The Twelve, etc, and in most X-men sagas he played a major role. He's the first X-man and the heart of the team. It was left open so we can't know for sure if he's dead or not because there isn't much new plotlines or villains you can't introduce without him if there's an X-4.

2- Colossus: Two or three lines in the whole trilogy, not a decent scene.

3- Angel: What did he do, really?

But, overall, i think that the movies, specially the third, had the same flaw of the Ultimate X-men: too much characters. Instead of picking a team of 5 or 6 from the start and develop them a lot, they prefered to just throw in 300 characters, who only appeared in the 616 after years and years. I would rather not see Iceman, Colossus, Rogue, etc, at all than just throw them there with no purpose at all.

paeng
Cyclops and Rouge were the most wasted.

The movie should be called Wolverine and his amazing friends. I'm a fan of Wolverine and I defended him in here(comicbook crossover)last year but now, I'm sick of him. Wolverine ruined the X-men. sad

Kaos sebaceous
now the writers ruined x-men its not wolverines fault he has a big role..in the movies

Neptune
Most wasted character? Wolverine! The guy had absolutely no screentime with Cyclops, Rogue, Angel, Psylocke and Colussus playing such big parts.

DigiMark007
http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060605.html

cool

Lana
Originally posted by Neptune
Most wasted character? Wolverine! The guy had absolutely no screentime with Cyclops, Rogue, Angel, Psylocke and Colussus playing such big parts.

Good.

It's about time someone other than Wolverine was the focus.

Neptune
Originally posted by DigiMark007

cool

Hahahah sad but true.

Flavio
Common sense its Rogue and Cyclops.
Angel and Psylocke were wasted in one film. Rogue was in two. Cyclops was in three.

pr1983
Originally posted by DigiMark007

cool

laughing

complexbrother
X Men 1 ..... Iceman

X Men 2 ..... Kitty Pryde or Syrin

X Men 3 ..... Psylock or Maddox or Collosus (who shoulda fought Juggernaught)

Face
Cable or Bishop since Cyclops is no more

Creshosk
Omega red. That's right Omega red was in the third movie, had an actor and everything....

trademark
colossus

Neptune
Originally posted by Lana
Good.

It's about time someone other than Wolverine was the focus.

Hell yeah it is. They're even making a Wolverine AND the X-men cartoon! shocking Oh and Lana, if your avatar is a picture of yourself then i want to marry you jawdrop

batdude123
Magneto. Seriously, the guy's WAY more than just manipulation of metals.

Flavio
Originally posted by batdude123
Magneto. Seriously, the guy's WAY more than just manipulation of metals.

you cant be serious. no expression

pr1983
Originally posted by Flavio

Animaniacs, dun dun dun, we have pay for play contracts, dun dun dun, crazy to the max there's bologne in our slacks, we're animani, totally insani, animaniacs... dun dun dun dun

*cough*

Moving on...

Flavio
Animaniacs, dun dun dun, we have pay for play contracts, dun dun dun, crazy to the max there's bologne in our slacks, we're animani, totally insani, animaniacs... dun dun dun dun

*cough*

Moving on...

laughing

good ol' memories...

pr1983
laughing

good ol' memories...

big grin

Mainstream
Rogue

batdude123

Yeah, actually I am serious. Sure he was the leader of the uprising, and was the main villain. But he's the obvious choice. They down-played his powers MAJORLY.

Flavio
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah, actually I am serious. Sure he was the leader of the uprising, and was the main villain. But he's the obvious choice. They down-played his powers MAJORLY.

faint
i know he can do lots more regarding magnetic fields and all. But Magneto was seriously one of the, if not the best portrayed character of the trilogy. He was tridimensional as the comics Magneto might never be. But it is just my opinion...

batdude123
faint
i know he can do lots more regarding magnetic fields and all. But Magneto was seriously one of the, if not the best portrayed character of the trilogy. He was tridimensional as the comics Magneto might never be. But it is just my opinion...

The character portrayal of him was DEAD ON. Ian McKellen did a good job on Mags. However, he was still MAJORLY depowered. Controlling metal is about .05% of what he can do.

Flavio
but you read the title of the thread: "most wasted". He would never be the most wasted, because if he didnt get to show his other 99.95% of the powers, there were mutants who couldnt even show their right personality, and Mags showed it perfectly wink

batdude123
but you read the title of the thread: "most wasted". He would never be the most wasted, because if he didnt get to show his other 99.95% of the powers, there were mutants who couldnt even show their right personality, and Mags showed it perfectly wink

Eh, good point. lol

Darth Martin
If you ask me everyone was a waste due to Wolverine.

Noa

*cough*

Moving on...

NO wait theres more! *ahem* "It is time for animaniacs, dun dun dun, Dot is cute and yako yaks,dun dun dun, WAcko cracks with a snacks, dun dun dun,..." um dun dun dun,
THANK YOU THANKS YOU! I'll be here all night, be sure to tip your waiteress.

hehem, um eek! Yeah!

um, sorry, yeah so backto x-men, yeah, well magneto was great!

Mr Parker
Rogue and Storm!

yeah Storm and Cyclops were wasted.They didnt bother with moviegoers such as myself who are not too familiar with the origins of these characters to explain their origins like they did with wolverine.I also only liked Rogue from the cartoon because she had miss marvels powers.Havent seen xmen 3 yet but if she is still at that point where she is not a strong woman who can fly,then yeah her character was wasted as well.

Mr Parker
I also have to add iceman,why even have him in there if they are never even going to say his stage name or whatever is ICEMAN? roll eyes (sarcastic) plus by the second film,he should have iced all the way by then. mad wasted character just like cyclops and rogue.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
X-men isn't all about Wolverine! POINT!

bl4cK_Dr46oN_17
i thought that jean wasted in the first movie.. she got owned by toad. mad i mean wtf is that?! TOAd?! and her TK powers were utter and pure CRAP in that movie. TOAD?! ughhh.. still cant get over that. in the 2nd movie i thought that bobby, shadowcat, jean and storm all got wasted (andi dont mean that in the good way beer ) i mean come ON! storm freezes some stupid room and it's over. cyclops tries to kill jean and its over. shadow cat runs through a wall and it's over. bobby freezes some goddamn stupid wall and its over. and jean was just messed up. cant move a missile?! a bloody missile?! and she's supose to be the embodiment of the phoenix force? What the f**k? and in the third movie i was sooo disapointed with the phoenix storyline.. first off they made jean look like a insane psycho b*tch. thumb down then they screwed up te phoenix story line. second personality?! wtf is that?! mad and then they killed mystique! GAHHHH.. they shouldve taken out pyro.. byt then again mystique's depowering did serve a good purpose.. gotta admit that..

sorry i know this is really ean grey biased.. but w/e haha im a phoenix fan stick out tongue

bl4cK_Dr46oN_17
yay that was my first post! happy i gotta make my self a siggy big grin sorry this is soo off topic.

bakerboy
Rogue, iceman, cyclops, sabretooh, ladydeathstrike.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by J.M FcThumbs-Up
X-men isn't all about Wolverine! POINT!

Yeah thats my beef about the xmen movies.They made them to be all about wolverine with the other characters just supporting characters.

superhulk2099
Rogue and Cyclops

PhoenixPhury14
Quite a few...

Mystique - She did have big parts,but she could have been given more important parts.

Rogue - Didn't seem like she was part of much after the 1st movie.

Iceman - He did have big parts in X3,but I think that they could have used him alot more.

Colossus - Not shown enough,and he didn't have exciting scenes.

Beast - When everyone saw the X3 trailer and saw beast,they were like,"AWESOME!!!!" and they expected some kick a#% scenes,but..We didn't see Beast in action til towards the end of the film,AND it wasn't even all that much action,I think IMO it was a let down.

Red_Sun2
Rogue and Jean. Well they f'ed up Jean more than waste her.

mastagambit
Cyclops.He's the leader and the single most important character in the comic book series for crying out loud.

Bouboumaster
I think that everyone will agree that Cyclops was the most wasted.
After that... Sabertooth was pretty shitty in X-Men 1, but had a big part in Wolverine Origin. Juggernaut sucked ass. Deadpool was absolutly terrible. Rogue was a bit emo.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Deadpool was absolutly terrible. Rogue was a bit emo.

Well really he was good in the Wolverine movie until they made him into that Weapon thing.

jedi90
wolverine was the most wasted character.

they took a giant shit on his background and character. honestly, i wish they had left him out of the series.

juggerman
Cyclops. He basically became fodder after the 1st one.

mr.smiley
Other than Wolverine,Magneto and Xavier I think at some point any one character got the shaft. If it wasn't in screen time,then it was just the on screen portrayal. Most the villains are simply subjugated to henchman status. Most the good guys ended up being background noise.

As much as I enjoy Jackman as Wolverine, through most the trilogy I got the feeling he was the only character capable of offensive action other than Magneto.
I feel personally first class did a better job of navigating this than the first three movies.

If I wasn't a fan of the comics I could only wonder what my impressions of Cyclops would have been. I would have to imagine non-comic fans watching these films would of had the idea this character is for some reason suppose to be important for some unexplained reason.

-Pr-
I've had the unfortunate opportunity to meet people who had only seen the movies. I tell them about Cyclops being shafted, and they're looking at me and saying "but in the movie-"

Makes me want to throat punch some people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.