Film premiers at Canes and book is out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ttboy404
Hi,

Major confirmed spoilers here. The movie premiers this week end at Canes i think. The paperback is out. Picked it up at walmart.

In Walmart, it wasn't hard to find Scott's death. yes the rumors are correct. She roasts him at the lake. I am still reading that section now. It seems Jean is pretty powerful. The "water" and moisture in the air is dripping up.

It is offical, they seem to have used the pheonix word. And yes Xavier put the blocks in her head. The promo shows when they find her, and she is out on the beach, Prof X is keeping Jean down with this Telepathy. When she gets strong enough, she wakes up, and that is where the Logan and her in the infirmary. She gets pissed and leaves.

I found the scene where jean seems to take Xavier as well. the last page of the chapter states Charles Xavier is dead. Twice.

And have also seen the chapter that opens with "when Ororo thought of Scott, Jean and Xavier..... Well Jean takes her self out too. She dies i think in Logans arms. The suicide happens.

Still skiming the book for more. I am reading the jean thing first.

ttboy404
Callisto is dies too.

ttboy404
Actually the Logon and Jean finale sounds cool. I won't actually spoil that one. You can read it or see the movie. Sounds interesting to say the least.

ttboy404
I did see a review of the movie, and you might want to read the book before you see the movie.

Using the links to Aintitcool. there are two that i saw there. The one reviewer thought it was underwhelming. the other one loved it.

The book has what people are thinking and how that affects their behavior, so it might help your movie experience. I will like the movie now after the book.

oh and the reviewer also comments on ssing Logans skeleton. If you read the one that i saw that liked, then you can just wonder about it.

LanceWindu
Thanks a whole hell of a lot dude....thanks to the title not having the word "SPOILERS" in it, and no spoiler tags being used, you just ruined the damn movie for me. no expression

ttboy404
uh, you couldn't read the first sentence? and stop reading?

The first phrase is major confirmed spoilers.

That is your fault then.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by ttboy404
uh, you couldn't read the first sentence? and stop reading?

The first phrase is major confirmed spoilers.

That is your fault then.

You said spoilers were confirmed, you didn't say that you would go on and tell the spoilers.

ttboy404
OMG are kidding? you really got to be kidding with that post.

The first two acts of the movie have been on the web by Moriarty i think for a couple of months now. He spelled it out then without spelling it out. but he did spell it out. I figured it when the first trailer came out. I was just unsure who the 4th death was going to be.

I just confirmed them.

Did I mention, the fight between Iceman and Pyro? ah no. I laughed at that in the book.

Did i mention Mystique? Angel? Colossus? Illyana gets mentioned in the book, but that may not show up in the movie.

I don't think I mentioned, Storm thinking about Jean as a student with her, how she just got completely BORED by everything. She learned fast, and then got bored.

Sorry you are entitled to your opinon. It is not my fault, your reading comprehention needs some help. The post said major spoiler confirmed. The post did just confirm what most people have suspected.

uh speaking of boring people.....Uh, dude, Larry since my first post, I have already read the ENTIRE book now, it 336 pages..and gone grocery shopping. It took me maybe two hours or so to read it.

ttboy404
rottentomatoes has a post by me, and another interesting post.

You can see a 7 minute episode from the movie. Check it out. You will see, that you can miss the Storm thinking about Jean, when Prof X, The Beast, Storm and Wolverine are talking.

The book might enjoy your movie experience.

Captain REX
Dude, ttboy404, they're called Spoiler Tags, moron.

Stop ruining the god-damn movie. It's our policy, use without the *. Jesus Christ.

Jazzman_78
Well, since your new here, let's hope that your new to message boards in general. On any descent board spoiler tags are a simple courtesy poster pay each other. While I realise that not everyone is into the whole 'courtesy' thing, it makes the board a friendlier place. Otherwise you're just what we here lovingly refer to as an 'asshat'.

and are your friends.

sithsaber408
Anyway, back on topic.

I had a feeling these things might happen in the film

It pisses me off.

Cyke was totally underused, except in the first film.

Were he to blast logan at full strength, nothing would be left but metal.

But no..... Wolverine is the big star in these films.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Wolvie too, but I hate when movies f*ck with the continuity.

A few changes here and there are one thing, even making Kingpin a black guy in Daredevil isn't as bad as this.

Now that it seems assured we will have both the founder of the x-men and the leader of the x-men team dead, along with the nonsense about Jean at the end, I'm dissapointed in the film makers.

Why not kill off Mary-jane in Spiderman 3 then?

It's a total bastardization of the X-men legacy, speaking as a fan of both the comics and the Fox cartoon.

I will still see the movie on opening night, I will still enjoy it, but these vital alterations to the story just leave me feeling like: erm

Plus it seems a litte rip-offish, no?

they already "killed" Jean at the end of 2, and now they'll do it again. Prof. X looks really weak, as he spent both 1 and 2 mostly out of commision, and now will kick the bucket.

I cry BULLSHIT!

Jazzman_78
While I agree with everything you bring up, SithSaber, I look at it like this: I take it as yet another alternate universe. Like AoA or Ultimates. In those books X-Men changed sides or were killed off. Just look at the movie this way, and decide if you like it's story or not. They've still apparently worked in many classic X-Men moments, stuff that fans have been wanting since the first came out. Still would've liked to see more from Cyclops and Charles, though.

Darth Jello
i heard the secret after the credits proves otherwise. I'm just pissed that two of my favorite characters, psylocke and multiple man are in the brotherhood. I just hope Maddrox makes dupes by punching himself or snapping his fingers like in the comic.

MuffinmanMike
It's no spoiler that they kill off Jean Grey.

That's basic X-Men lore. Jean Grey dies like 30 times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.