Elephant Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

musicislife
So I watched this movie a couple days ago, and I think it's one of the greatest films I've seen. It really makes me feel for the hard life John Merrick lived. What are your thoughts on this movie? smile

BackFire
One of my favorite movies. Remarkable in every way, just a beautiful film that is incredibly sad.

musicislife
Originally posted by BackFire
One of my favorite movies. Remarkable in every way, just a beautiful film that is incredibly sad.
The only thing I didn't really like about it though it wasn't exactly accurate in reference to his mother who didn't die giving birth. It's still a great movie though.

BackFire
The movie is poetic in its progression, just gorgeous. I need to watch it again sometime.

Mr Parker
I actually never saw this movie.meant to but never got around to it.I'll have to do so.

Solo
Amazing movie.

Arachnoidfreak
I ****ing love this movie to death. And I did a paper on Merrick in high school.

BlackSunshine
A very good movie IMO. The first time I saw this movie was in high school, 9th grade, in my TA (theatre arts) class. I guess I didnt pay much attention then, however I watched it the second time a few months ago. I've never cried that much from watching a movie.

alic88
I saw this moved 4 weeks back, i was in class so no one was paying attention i rented this movie over the weekend. FOR ME its one of the most emotionally gripping movies i have ever seen, i dont need to say any more. The scene when John Merrick goes to Treeves's house actually made me cry.

Jen-R
I've been meaning to rent it, but Im not sured if my Block Buster has it sad

I saw a few minutes of it a month or two ago, tho..

I really know nothing about the man, himself, other than he's serverly deformed, and (from the movie scene i saw) has a very soft voice.

Is the real Elephant Man still alive?

Impediment
^^ No. Joseph Merrick (his real name) died in 1890.

thegreatrudini
quality film, John hurt did a very good job

Revernd Maynard
"I AM A HUMAN BEING"

Good ol' John Merrick

love that film, one of my favorite directors too yes

bakerboy
Great movie. One of my personal favourites. Great story, great performances, great direction, etc. All the cast was amazing, from Anthony Hopkins to Anne Bancroft or John Gielgud or Wendy Hiller, but specially John Hurt, he was incredible as John Merrick. Althought it was very hard and dificult act with so such makeup, Hurt does an incredible and touching performance. Not only in his body expressions, also in his eyes and voice change. One of the best performances ever on screen. And one of the best movies ever. Absolutely wonderful.

thegreatrudini
"i am not a animal!!!"

shugie99
Weird movie. Typical David Lynch...I had to watch it for a class...it was interesting

tabby999
just a little bit of trivia, the wheeled cage from the movie is in The Leauge Of Gentlemen where Papa Lazaro puts the wives he steals. thought someone might like that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.