Anti Monitor v.s Marvel's top 10 biggest hitters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redatom65
other than the beyonder who you got to take him down

supervenom
Thanos w/ IG

DigiMark007
I always wondered why Spectre couldn't take him out, since he was imbued with the Presence's power (and amplified with the power of all the magic-users) when they went at it at the beginning of time during the original crisis.

But if that's true, then the Anti-Monitor is up there with nearly any abstract or uber-cosmic.

Then again, a bunch of heroes and Darkseid's beams (via Alexander) took him out later, and Supergirl nearly killed him. So if you look into it too much, he's actually an inconsistently-drawn character.

erm

...still a great story (the original crisis) but I think it was more about cleaning up the DC multiverse than about character continuity. I can't really see how we'd have an accurate level for Anti-Monitor with so few showings (unless he comes back in IC, which I haven't read yet).

He-guy88
man id vote sbp but not in marvel

In Infinite Crisis: Secret Files & Origins 2006, he is called "even more dangerous than the Anti-Monitor and perhaps the greatest threat in the DC Universe

He-guy88
is their any specific people to chose from

Juntai
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I always wondered why Spectre couldn't take him out, since he was imbued with the Presence's power (and amplified with the power of all the magic-users) when they went at it at the beginning of time during the original crisis.

But if that's true, then the Anti-Monitor is up there with nearly any abstract or uber-cosmic.

Then again, a bunch of heroes and Darkseid's beams (via Alexander) took him out later, and Supergirl nearly killed him. So if you look into it too much, he's actually an inconsistently-drawn character.

erm

...still a great story (the original crisis) but I think it was more about cleaning up the DC multiverse than about character continuity. I can't really see how we'd have an accurate level for Anti-Monitor with so few showings (unless he comes back in IC, which I haven't read yet). Anti-Monitor had anchored himself to the essences of all the multiverse heros and villains that were present. You'll notice Nabu wasn't doubting Spectre's ability to kill him, vbut did note that if they did, all their comarades would die as well. Spectre with added power of the mages there, depowered and defeated anti-monitor, banished him away containing him in the anti-matter universe away from the material universe, and recreated the remaining Earths into one whole universe.

Next time you see Spectre, he's down,and Phantom Stranger comments "The very power we need to save our unverse is to be denied to us."

Phantom Stranger later summons Dr Mist and he asks why he was summoned... P.S. says to "For your power Dr Mist -- Your powers and mine are needed.. to summon the essence of the still comatose SPECTRE. To bring forth his infinite energies . . . and to wield them to save the universe!"
As they cast, you see Phantom Stranger and he struggling, Mist says "But he RESISTS us, his power is greater than ours!"

There seems to be other forces at play, why would Spectre not want to wake up and win the battle? Who knows?
We can't understand the way he works.

Take when he battled Parallax for example, he came in and battled Hal until he was almost completely drained, dissapeared after being blasted... then let the heros beat him, then told us that "Judgement has passed." Meaning that was the plan the whole time. Then restarted time by pouring energy into Damage until he big banged..

Mider
the only reason anti monitor was getting knocked around by supergirl i think was cause he had just finished fighting the spectre and got hit with the omega beams which even the spectre gets hurt by, other then that he was just to weak to go at everyone who was trying to beat him after such major hits.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by DigiMark007

erm

...still a great story (the original crisis) but I think it was more about cleaning up the DC multiverse than about character continuity. I can't really see how we'd have an accurate level for Anti-Monitor with so few showings (unless he comes back in IC, which I haven't read yet).

If you read it again Digi, you'll find he expended most of his power while fighting the Spectre and Opening a bridge to the beginning of the universe. When he fights Kal l , Prime and the other D.C heroes, he only has the power of a single Antimatter star. Pre Crisis Darksied could have probably done the job on his own. Plus i don't think is was the Spectre powered by the Presence fighting the Monitor.

UltimateStryfe
TOOA, Living Tribunal, full powered Galactus, Thanos with IG

Mider
LT would run away from him so bad, and full power galactus can destroy 10 universes not as many as antimonitor, and the IG can only protect ONE universe and antimonitor can kill more then just one universe.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
TOOA, Living Tribunal, full powered Galactus, Thanos with IG

Galactus probably looses, the rest win easily. smile

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Mider
LT would run away from him so bad, and full power galactus can destroy 10 universes not as many as antimonitor, and the IG can only protect ONE universe and antimonitor can kill more then just one universe.

10 universes ? confused

Mider
meh the watcher i believe was the one who said galactus at full power can destroyer the universe ten times over thus 10 universes

R.O.T. Yahman
meh the watcher i believe was the one who said galactus at full power can destroyer the universe ten times over thus 10 universes

Is that from the Original 'Coming of Galactus' story ? smile

Mider
i dont think so in the original time galactus showed up i think watcher said he was THEE strongest in the MU of course this is before the IG, Eternity, LT who is a jobber anyway yet yeah the others are stronger.

Doctor SKank
i dont think so in the original time galactus showed up i think watcher said he was THEE strongest in the MU of course this is before the IG, Eternity, LT who is a jobber anyway yet yeah the others are stronger.

Where s it from then ??????? smile

Templares
Galactus, Tenebrous, Tyrant, Aegis, Silver Surfer, Stardust, Firelord, Red Shift, Fallen One, and Thanos.

I think my list is bordering into overkill.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Templares
Galactus, Tenebrous, Tyrant, Aegis, Silver Surfer, Stardust, Firelord, Red Shift, Fallen One, and Thanos.

No one on that list stands a chance .... try some D.C. comics at some time, you'll be surprised how enjoyable they are ! smile

Mider
well who are the top ten heavy hitters in marvel?

R.O.T. Yahman
well who are the top ten heavy hitters in marvel?

There is a marvel hierarchy in the comic book forum, which has been edited by some intelligent people who know there stuff, although the actual hierarchal position of the phoenix force is contraversial. smile

Mider
ok so let me guess and this is not in order

eternity
LT
lord order
lord chaos
inbetweener
Pheonix force
celestials
galactus

i dont see anyone on here who could beat the antimonitor

lets go to mystics

the skyfathers nope they would lose

dormamu and guys like him such as dr strange might actually have a better chance but if you read the infinite crisis you'll read about how all those mystics even guys like swamp thing couldnt beat the antimonitor so i dont see anyone in the MU beating him that i can remeber at this point.

R.O.T. Yahman
ok so let me guess and this is not in order

eternity
LT
lord order
lord chaos
inbetweener
Pheonix force
celestials
galactus

i dont see anyone on here who could beat the antimonitor

lets go to mystics

the skyfathers nope they would lose

dormamu and guys like him such as dr strange might actually have a better chance but if you read the infinite crisis you'll read about how all those mystics even guys like swamp thing couldnt beat the antimonitor so i dont see anyone in the MU beating him that i can remeber at this point.

A lot of that first list would probably beat the Anti monitor. smile

Who cares really, God vs God Imo is tres boring !

Templares
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
No one on that list stands a chance .... try some D.C. comics at some time, you'll be surprised how enjoyable they are ! smile

evil face

Oh but i read DC comics mainly the Flash and the occasional JLA, JSA, S/B stories and i was an avid GL fan when i was younger.

As for the Anti-Monitor, he never really struck me as powerful or at least something that is beyond the abilities of Galactus. This is because he's a plot device like HoM Wanda; theyre as powereful as necessary for the situation, which is why i loathe to consider their powers.

Mider
no one on the first list could beat antimonitor

R.O.T. Yahman
evil face

Oh but i read DC comics mainly the Flash and the occasional JLA, JSA, S/B stories and i was an avid GL fan when i was younger.

As for the Anti-Monitor, he never really struck me as powerful or at least something that is beyond the abilities of Galactus. This is because he's a plot device like HoM Wanda; theyre as powereful as necessary for the situation, which is why i loathe to consider their powers.

Feats my friend ... the Monitor nearly destrotyed the entire Multiverse, and only the Spectre was able to stop him, when he was at full power. smile

UniOmni
And theres the flaw, Yahman. The heroes who gathered were powerful, but except for Darkseid and Spectre, you had no uber cosmics there. Had Zues, Odin etc, Promethian Giants, Millenium Giants etc, then his level of power would be solidified in my mind. Spectre is only as strong as the plot demands, and if he was at full power and still had a hard time, then DC's God >> Antimonitor. Not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> like i'd expect.

Let the celestials and Galactus and other ubercosmic gods come in abundance, and the antimonitor would be toast. Because what finally killed him was punches from supermen, after Darkseid used the OE on a concussive setting. Meaning, Galactus could probably replicate the same amount of firepower, since all it was turned out to be concussive. Not mystical, rip you from the Source OE.
Heck, Superman takes those shots and keeps on ticking nowadays!!

And for the list to do him in??

Galactus75%
Exitar
Arishem
Oneg
In Betweener
Tyrant
Molecule Man
TOAA-Celestial
RKT
Surtur with Twilight

And the antimonitor is dead.

Mider
i dont think any of those guys combined or not could do any better then the spectre

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UniOmni
And theres the flaw, Yahman. The heroes who gathered were powerful, but except for Darkseid and Spectre, you had no uber cosmics there. Had Zues, Odin etc, Promethian Giants, Millenium Giants etc, then his level of power would be solidified in my mind. Spectre is only as strong as the plot demands, and if he was at full power and still had a hard time, then DC's God >> Antimonitor. Not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> like i'd expect.

I'm sorry to say my friend, that you are wrong. He not only showed he could handle all the Guardians (Beings who must at least be on par with the Watchers). Pre Crisis Darksied (Who Kirby created to be as powerful as Galactus) did not choose to attack him until much of the ANti Monitors power was depleted. This clearly indicates that Spectre and the Monitor are above the Galactus level. The Monitor also stated, on various ocassions, that he was using the energies of the entire Anti matter multiverse. Vey few of the sub abstract characters are on this level. smile

Mider
the MU would die even faster then the DCU IMO there isnt anyone in the MU who i can think of who would give the antimonitor any trouble sept TOAA.

UniOmni
No Yahman. I never said that Galactus is on the Am's level. Never did i post that. And for the record, even though i myself have been guilty of this, Galactus and Darkseid are no longer anywhere near equals. At conception yeah. Hell, at conception, Odin and Galactus were neck to neck!! Not true anymore. Same as Darkseid and Galactus. Darkseid was and is a skyfather type. Galactus was, but has been elevated dramatically. The only people who still believe they're equal are those who disregard Galactus's fleshed out current place in the cosmos. They aren't equal anymore friend.

And just like people believe that the JLA can defeat the Silver Surfer, though he's clearly more powerful than any one of them alone, thats how the MU would handle AM. Individually, he may only be matched by LT and Phoenix, but with ALL the ubercosmics getting involved, as Marvel's do, and not DC it seems, the MU wins in a landslide.

Antimonitor >>>>>Galactus sure. Antimonitor >>>>Galactus, Eternity, maybe. AntiMonitor >>>Galactus, Eternity, Death, possibly. Antimonitor >>Galactus, Eternity, Death, Exitar??? Not likely. Antimonitor>>>PF?? Never imo.

Mider seems to be incapable of understanding this fact. Shouldn't be that hard lil buddy...

Marvel as a whole isn't weaker than DC.
DC's earth, probably trumps Marvel's. Marvel universe >>>> DC's.
Take out the Vertigo line, and it looks quite barren.

Marvel can survive the Am. And with ease.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UniOmni
No Yahman. I never said that Galactus is on the Am's level. Never did i post that. And for the record, even though i myself have been guilty of this, Galactus and Darkseid are no longer anywhere near equals. At conception yeah. Hell, at conception, Odin and Galactus were neck to neck!! Not true anymore. Same as Darkseid and Galactus. Darkseid was and is a skyfather type. Galactus was, but has been elevated dramatically. The only people who still believe they're equal are those who disregard Galactus's fleshed out current place in the cosmos. They aren't equal anymore friend.

And just like people believe that the JLA can defeat the Silver Surfer, though he's clearly more powerful than any one of them alone, thats how the MU would handle AM. Individually, he may only be matched by LT and Phoenix, but with ALL the ubercosmics getting involved, as Marvel's do, and not DC it seems, the MU wins in a landslide.

Antimonitor >>>>>Galactus sure. Antimonitor >>>>Galactus, Eternity, maybe. AntiMonitor >>>Galactus, Eternity, Death, possibly. Antimonitor >>Galactus, Eternity, Death, Exitar??? Not likely. Antimonitor>>>PF?? Never imo.

Mider seems to be incapable of understanding this fact. Shouldn't be that hard lil buddy...

Marvel as a whole isn't weaker than DC.
DC's earth, probably trumps Marvel's. Marvel universe >>>> DC's.
Take out the Vertigo line, and it looks quite barren.

Marvel can survive the Am. And with ease.

agreed .... I think confused

guy222
LT

Gecko4lif

Wrong

Galactus. Stranger. Lord chaos and Master order. Mistress lovs and sir hate. Eternity. infinity. entropy. death.

there are 10

swerve1988
APOC

endrict
Can MJJ and Franklin make the list?

endrict
Originally posted by swerve1988
APOC

Not even close.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by endrict
Not even close.

The marvel cosmics are a bit out of AM's league, since they're not mortal- none have physical bodies and are essentially unkillable. Destroy an M body, an abstract will just grab another one.

This applies to LT, Death, Oblivion, Eternity, Infinity, Love, Hate, Order, and Chaos.

Galactus and the Inbetweener are in a different category, but still hellaciously powerful.

The IG, UN, or a bunch of cosmic cubes= instant win

quanchi112
LT would run away from him so bad, and full power galactus can destroy 10 universes not as many as antimonitor, and the IG can only protect ONE universe and antimonitor can kill more then just one universe. Lt would crush him...Thanos with the ig would laugh at him and then crush him....Scathan would crush him as well......the list could go on and on and on

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by quanchi112
Lt would crush him...Thanos with the ig would laugh at him and then crush him....Scathan would crush him as well......the list could go on and on and on
thanos w/ Ig - Maybe
Lt - Im thinking more times then not
Scathan - gets anally raped
Eternity - anally raped
Entropy - Anally raped
Infinity - Analy raped
Thanos w/ Hotu - Analy rapes AM

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
thanos w/ Ig - Maybe
Lt - Im thinking more times then not
Scathan - gets anally raped
Eternity - anally raped
Entropy - Anally raped
Infinity - Analy raped
Thanos w/ Hotu - Analy rapes AM

Thanos with the infinity gauntlet is a MAYBE??? Do you have any idea how powerful that thing actually is? eek!

hint: the IG grants complete and infinite control over the mind,power,soul,time,space and reality.

The anti monitor is not that strong. nowhere close.

Ouallada
thanos w/ Ig - I would put IG over AM
Lt - 10/10
Scathan - TOAA-backed Scathan? 10/10.
Eternity - anally raped (AM before absorbing universes? Eternity takes this. After, AM would win)
Entropy - Anally raped (Above)
Infinity - Analy raped (Above)
Thanos w/ Hotu - Analy rapes AM (Correct)

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Thanos with the infinity gauntlet is a MAYBE??? Do you have any idea how powerful that thing actually is? eek!

hint: the IG grants complete and infinite control over the mind,power,soul,time,space and reality.

The anti monitor is not that strong. nowhere close. It was the first comic mini that i bought hardcopy

yes i do

nij-ayias
DC universe did beat anti-monitor, why not marvel or any powerful fictional universe or multiverse. as long as they will work together, they can.

Space M ummy
It was the first comic mini that i bought hardcopy

yes i do

Then if you realize the limits of the IG, you'd know the anti monitor wouldn't have needed tech to accomplish what he did.

you'd also know that none of the DC heroes would have lasted more than a nanosecond.

case in point: Thanos with one gem aged the runner what..a billion years instantly? The full power of all of them is inconcievably high. Nothing in the entire marvel universe outside of the LT could even come close to that kind of strength, and even the LT admitted that a contest between himself and Adam Warlock with the IG would have laid waste to the entire multiverse in the process.

The antimonitor with the power of the gem would have been unstoppable by anyone...but lucky for us, he's not that powerful.

Gecko4lif
Antimonitor doesnt NEED tech. It is only a convinece

nij-ayias
Antimonitor doesnt NEED tech. It is only a convinece

he NEEDS it.

endrict
Originally posted by Space M ummy
The marvel cosmics are a bit out of AM's league, since they're not mortal- none have physical bodies and are essentially unkillable. Destroy an M body, an abstract will just grab another one.

This applies to LT, Death, Oblivion, Eternity, Infinity, Love, Hate, Order, and Chaos.

Galactus and the Inbetweener are in a different category, but still hellaciously powerful.

The IG, UN, or a bunch of cosmic cubes= instant win

swerve1988 said Apocalypse, he is no where even close to the top 10.

skyfather
just a thought, could a full powered tyrant turn the anti moniters tech against him

Gecko4lif
Check the AM respect thread

He doesnt NEED tech

quanchi112
Antimonitor doesnt NEED tech. It is only a convinece Thats why the bum couldnt kill Sodam Yat..... laughing

Astner
Entropy would **** up the Anti-Monitor badly ... At least he succeded in where the Anti-Monitor failed, destroying the Multiverse.

skyfather
Check the AM respect thread

He doesnt NEED tech

i didnt say he did,but he used tech during coie.
my question was could tyrant control his tech.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Astner
Entropy would **** up the Anti-Monitor badly ... At least he succeded in where the Anti-Monitor failed, destroying the Multiverse.
Am was destroying the onmiverse

and with only 5 universes left i say he was doing a pretty good job

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thats why the bum couldnt kill Sodam Yat..... laughing
I will respond after i read the issue. Which i have on my comp right now

Astner
Show me the page were the term "omniverse" is used.
From what I've seen, he was about to destroy the multiverse.

But he failed where Entrophy succeded.

quanchi112

and with only 5 universes left i say he was doing a pretty good job

I will respond after i read the issue. Which i have on my comp right now Ok Ill be waiting to hear what excuse you make up for the Am.

Oh yeah the ig could have thought him dead and it would happen.

Gecko4lif
Show me the page were the term "omniverse" is used.
From what I've seen, he was about to destroy the multiverse.

But he failed where Entrophy succeded.

No Dc and marvel have different classifications

Omniverse is Everything on marvel
But Dc only has a multiverse

When a multiverse is everything then it is in fact a omniverse

Astner
No Dc and marvel have different classifications

Omniverse is Everything on marvel
But Dc only has a multiverse

When a multiverse is everything then it is in fact a omniverse
The term "omniverse" was mentioned in a Superman issue, Galan has the scans.
And no, a multiverse is not the omniverse.

nvrbeenwthagirl
According To DC the AM verse is Equal to the infinite verses.

Also According to DC, The DC New Earth universe is the spine of the DC verse and no matter the size, the power is always the same.
The monitors even talk about how the verse will spread into a full on mega verse. The Spectre's power was being tapped by PS and it still wasn't quite enough.

lordboo
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
According To DC the AM verse is Equal to the infinite verses.

Also According to DC, The DC New Earth universe is the spine of the DC verse and no matter the size, the power is always the same.
The monitors even talk about how the verse will spread into a full on mega verse. The Spectre's power was being tapped by PS and it still wasn't quite enough.

nvr you know your dc stuff.
could you answer this plz
could a fully powered tyrant control am tech?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by lordboo
nvr you know your dc stuff.
could you answer this plz
could a fully powered tyrant control am tech?

I don't know. The only person I've seen control it is Alexandor luthor. And he has some really uber reality manip powers. Plus the AM wasn't in control of the tech at the time. Tyrant would probably get destroyed if this is both of them at the height of thier power.

Astner
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl According To DC the AM verse is Equal to the infinite verses.
But the fact is he failed.

Size matters ...

lordboo
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't know. The only person I've seen control it is Alexandor luthor. And he has some really uber reality manip powers. Plus the AM wasn't in control of the tech at the time. Tyrant would probably get destroyed if this is both of them at the height of thier power.

thanks

endrict
Can this include prep?

Gecko4lif
Read glc 17 the omniverse got retconned

it is the multiverse now

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
other than the beyonder who you got to take him down Living Tribunal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
But the fact is he failed.

Size matters ...

No it doesn't. It's the power that it contains that matters.
And The fact that he failed has to do with use, not power.

Astner
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl No it doesn't. It's the power that it contains that matters.
Are you saying that a universe can equal a omniverse, in terms of power? roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Are you saying that a universe can equal a omniverse, in terms of power? roll eyes (sarcastic)
According to DC it can. Or hand't you realized how many times the DC u has been split into multiverses and recombined back into one universe. As for marvel, I know that the 616 houses eternity's conciousness. And it is just a universe, but Eternity is a multiverse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.