A year ago . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
We were gettin' ready to see Revenge of the Sith! I loved it all, I loved the anticipation, I loved the packed theater with lots of fans, I loved watching it with my buddies & family. I loved the applause for the 'long time ago' line and the fanfare! Loved the applause for all the characters again. Loved the footage given to Artoo.

Had to run out of the theater to the restroom because of all the stupid pop I drank, so I picked the moment when Grievous & Obi-Wan were fighting, because I figured it's just a fight, and missing that would be less of a loss than missing what happened with Anakin & Palpatine! (My own 'Sophie's Choice'!) Then watching Anakin unravel, it was heartbreaking. Bawled my eyes out multiple times. Emotinally drained. Mace & Kit & Padme. Baby Luke & Leia. Sad when I realized I was watching the wordless finales. Then it was over.

You only see a Star Wars movie for the first time once! And a year ago we did it for the last time. What are your stories?

JaehSkywalker
i never thought Star Wars was going to be awesome. I first saw the trailer, and i wasn't impressed. (well, at first) but my dad still got to drag me in the movie theater. he isn't a SW fan, but he loves watching good movies. well, so i watched, and i was totally in on Star Wars after that. It was totally awesome, and Anakin and Obi's fight was pretty heartwrenching for me... I did cry, *good thing the theater was dark...* but it was a totally cool movie!

well, that's what started me to be a SW fan... after that i found a few sw sites... and bought SW 1-6 dvd's... i watched them all again... *i think i've already watched 1 and 2 when i was 5 or 4 and 7....^_^*

that was my story... ^_^

LanceWindu
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
i never thought Star Wars was going to be awesome. I first saw the trailer, and i wasn't impressed. (well, at first) but my dad still got to drag me in the movie theater. he isn't a SW fan, but he loves watching good movies. well, so i watched, and i was totally in on Star Wars after that. It was totally awesome, and Anakin and Obi's fight was pretty heartwrenching for me... I did cry, *good thing the theater was dark...* but it was a totally cool movie!

well, that's what started me to be a SW fan... after that i found a few sw sites... and bought SW 1-6 dvd's... i watched them all again... *i think i've already watched 1 and 2 when i was 5 or 4 and 7....^_^*

that was my story... ^_^

ROTS was your first Star Wars? icon5

JaehSkywalker
nooooo....

first star wars was 1, but on 3 i was hooked...

1> i was a mindless twerp well, sorta... i don't understand anything yet.. *movies*...

2> i don't understand much..

cain marko
it came out on me birthday big grin

chinabing
Originally posted by LanceWindu
A friend I saw ROTS with had not seen Return of the Jedi!

He was blown away when Padme bore Luke & Leia. After the theater he came to me and said "I didn't know they were twins!" I looked at him like, "Yah!"

Kinda funny when you think of it. All this time he didn't know.

Sith Master X
I can't believe it's been a year already. I remember when the movie was still a whole year away. It was such a fun ride.

I stood in line for hours at the midnight showing. When it finally reached 12:00 A.M, the theater had problems, and the film was delayed almost an hour, but it finally got underway and the movie was great.

I wish I could live the night over again.

DucLangur
Originally posted by cain marko
it came out on me birthday big grin

Nice man it came out on my birthday as well. I saw it at mignight and didnt go to school the next day. I got home at like 2:00 in the morning, it was great. I slept late and then played the Revenge of the Sith game. smile

sithsaber408
Originally posted by LanceWindu

Well, she's only 14 or 15.

Many people aren't watching them the way we did. smile

I had sort of the same experience as SMX and Duclanger.

I watched it at midnight.

I was working graveyards back then, and I got up around 3 in the afternoon.

I stopped by the local theatre to get my tickets, and casually check things out, when lo and behold..... four lines already!!!

Now they weren't very long, 50-60 people in each, but I sat my ass down right there to wait.

My wife brought me dinner around 6, and came to sit with me at 9.

It was cool, I hung out with alot of people in line.

I played Starwars trivial pursuit with some older guys (ages 30- 45) and I freakin' PWNED 'em. Hahah!

They were cool about it saying "the force is strong with you, young one," etc... but one dude was a little bit pissed. big grin

The people in the front of my line had a huge tent set up, with coffee house-type stools set up, where guys were watching the trailers and stuff online, and they were playing all the other movies on dvd.

Get this, some fool took his company van, blanked out the words, and had drapes on the side spray painted with "Star Wars Sucks" and a drape on the back that said "Masturbating Falcon".....

He was in a cheap skeleton mask, wearing black, and he had a little cb raido with a speaker that he kept saying "Star Wars SUCKS!" out of loudly, driving by us in line slowly.

It was actually kinda funny, but some n00b padawans who were like 16 took off after him yelling, and surrounded the van in the parking lot.

Nothing happpened, but it gave us all a laugh.

The movie, was my fave of the PT, and 2nd only to Empire, so needless to say, I enjoyed it very much.

cool

Captain REX
I had to run out for a second during the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan. I was about to piss my pants, seriously, but I walked in just in time to see Anakin make that leap...

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I can't believe it's been a year already. I remember when the movie was still a whole year away. It was such a fun ride.

I stood in line for hours at the midnight showing. When it finally reached 12:00 A.M, the theater had problems, and the film was delayed almost an hour, but it finally got underway and the movie was great.

I wish I could live the night over again.

I would have been so pissed off!

I loved the waiting in line, talking with other Star Wars fans whom I just met, seeing the people in extravagant costumes (we had a Chewbacca that looked like the one in the movie), the overall geekiness.

When we finally sat down for the movie about an hour before it started, there were people with laptops or portable DVD players watching Episode II.

I met someone else who was wearing the same Imperial shirt as me, and I flipped my sleeve up displaying my Imperial tattoo, and he flipped his up and showed me his Imperial tattoo as well, on the same arm no less.

Originally posted by DucLangur
Nice man it came out on my birthday as well. I saw it at mignight and didnt go to school the next day. I got home at like 2:00 in the morning, it was great. I slept late and then played the Revenge of the Sith game. smile

I didn't get home until 5 am because of the hour drive from Vegas to my house, and just the general slacking off in between seeing the movie and driving home. Then I had to go to work at 7. stick out tongue

Originally posted by chinabing
A friend I saw ROTS with had not seen Return of the Jedi!

He was blown away when Padme bore Luke & Leia. After the theater he came to me and said "I didn't know they were twins!" I looked at him like, "Yah!"

Kinda funny when you think of it. All this time he didn't know.

I couldn't imagine that. no expression I mean wow...

When I have kids, I'm making sure they see IV-VI first, then they get to see the PT.

Originally posted by Captain REX
I had to run out for a second during the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan. I was about to piss my pants, seriously, but I walked in just in time to see Anakin make that leap...

This is the number 1 reason why I did not buy a soda when I saw Episode III, I just knew I would have to take a leak if I drank one.

TheOnes2
It was funny, we were sitting in a cinema, and about 10 min before the film starts this kid walks in with a darth vader costume and a lightsaber and everyone took the piss out of him because he was the only one dressed up. Then the movie started and this kid next to me laughed at totally inappropriate bits so i bent over and threatened him to shut up. He didn't and i cracked him round the skull. I was thrown out during Obi Wan vs Grievous. Went back next day and saw it in full.

truejedi
I saw it at midnight with my brother in law and my girlfriend, I watched it the night before my high school graduation. We had to drive two hours to get to a theater that wasn't sold out when i tried to buy the tickets online. I didn't get home until 4:30. I slept for 2 hours and had to be at graduation rehearsal. I still got up and gave my speech as salutatorian without mentioning the force one time!

BloodyAngel
I saw it near my fiance's (now he's my husband) birthday so I took him to see it at midnight. He never told me he was sick, he's such a big fan he went with the flu, the reason he didn't tell me was cuz he knew i wouldn't let him go. I wasn't a huge sw fan at the time, though I was when i left.

There was a guy there dressed as one of the sandpeople and him and apparently one of his friends dressed as a jedi got in a fight, didn't last long. But we saw several staged fights that night, it rocked.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Well, she's only 14 or 15.

correction: I think i'm only 13.. big grin

i can't believe one year has already passed since i became hooked!!

DarthMaul9123
well, the first star wars i saw was episode four the digitally remastered in theatures and i saw the other threee also, i was very young when the first one was released and i was about nine when phantom menace came out and was thirteen when rots came out and i get this tingly feeling whenever i see those yellow letters come up. But star wars has always been apart of who i am i only got star wars toys growing up and i still get some just to support george and my favorite character.

chinabing
I held a big party in a restaurant party room in the megamall the floor below the theaters. It was on the Friday it opened, so more of my friends who work could come, and all their kids. I ebayed a bunch of Star Wars Episode I tacobell posters which I used as placemats. Had a couple standees, including table toppers. My friends bugged me because I promised Wookie Cookies and Yoda Soda for the AOTC party, and didn't deliver, so I got one of those big pepsi yoda inflatable cans and said ok, here is your Yoda Soda!

I had 50 people come, and bought 45 tickets, (thanks to the PG-13 rating, some girls didn't want to go, and a few friends couldn't take their younger kids)! I had ebayed a bunch of stuff and with the profits, I bought all the tickets for my guests, so they were happy! I got a bunch of Star Wars toys for the kids, and they all got to pick 'em as their name was drawn... including some rare stuff like R2-D2 skates & backpack, the widescreen faces VHSs, some cool inflatables, etc. The adults got some action figs, which I'm sure they gave to their kids! I'm grateful for Ebay because it paid for my party!

I also had parties for Attack of the Clones, (in the same space, but it was a different restaurant!), and The Phantom Menace, and yes, I had a party for Return of the Jedi in 1983! I had just graduated from college and I had a huge number of friends go to the midnight show. Ya know, it just blew me away when Vader picked up the Emperor. It was a good flick, a little overrun with muppets, but the end was unbelievable.

I couldn't believe I had a bunch of the same high school and college friends who attended Empire and Jedi with me, were there when the prequel trilogy came out. This time they brought their kids. My extended family brought my nieces & nephews too. It was wonderful. What a blessing to be able to attend such a saga and share it with your friends & family.

When you think about it, Star Wars is about family.

Boris
Heh... hadn't even seen it a year ago... 25th I think...

Kinda wanna watch it now... meh.

Delta 62
Lol..May 19th will always be a special day for me. I happened to look at the clock exactly at 12:00 AM, the amazing midnight opening..it didn't even seem like a year went past. We had anticipated it for months..and now a year is gone.

vader sith
a year a go i could not wait to see how my master vader was born

amity75
It's been a quick year. I took the morning off work to see it at the first showing. When I got back to work I was met with the usual "Imagine taking a morning off work to see a stupid movie!" Then 2 minutes later it was followed with "Was it any good? What happened? I'm going to see it tonight!"

JaehSkywalker
I held a big party in a restaurant party room in the megamall the floor below the theaters. It was on the Friday it opened, so more of my friends who work could come, and all their kids. I ebayed a bunch of Star Wars Episode I tacobell posters which I used as placemats. Had a couple standees, including table toppers. My friends bugged me because I promised Wookie Cookies and Yoda Soda for the AOTC party, and didn't deliver, so I got one of those big pepsi yoda inflatable cans and said ok, here is your Yoda Soda!

I had 50 people come, and bought 45 tickets, (thanks to the PG-13 rating, some girls didn't want to go, and a few friends couldn't take their younger kids)! I had ebayed a bunch of stuff and with the profits, I bought all the tickets for my guests, so they were happy! I got a bunch of Star Wars toys for the kids, and they all got to pick 'em as their name was drawn... including some rare stuff like R2-D2 skates & backpack, the widescreen faces VHSs, some cool inflatables, etc. The adults got some action figs, which I'm sure they gave to their kids! I'm grateful for Ebay because it paid for my party!

I also had parties for Attack of the Clones, (in the same space, but it was a different restaurant!), and The Phantom Menace, and yes, I had a party for Return of the Jedi in 1983! I had just graduated from college and I had a huge number of friends go to the midnight show. Ya know, it just blew me away when Vader picked up the Emperor. It was a good flick, a little overrun with muppets, but the end was unbelievable.

I couldn't believe I had a bunch of the same high school and college friends who attended Empire and Jedi with me, were there when the prequel trilogy came out. This time they brought their kids. My extended family brought my nieces & nephews too. It was wonderful. What a blessing to be able to attend such a saga and share it with your friends & family.

When you think about it, Star Wars is about family.

I wish we are related..

Lord Azrael
When I went to see it, the filming screwed up right in the middle of Yoda's fall. These two other fellows in the theatre busted out Force FX Lightsabres and started dueling before it came back on. Everyone was clapping. Some kick arse memories from May nineteenth.

chinabing
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
I wish we are related..
Aw, thanks. I think it's true, Star Wars is about family, and all the heartstrings and connections and different permutations families have.

Maybe the force is family . . . .

preysin
Im glad all the stupid poser bandwangoners fans are gone. only real star wars fans stick around. i seen alot of so call sw fans with new sigs for crap like xmen, batman, and superman. those were never real fans just abunch of fake fans. thumb down

AstroFan
**** you.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by preysin
Im glad all the stupid poser bandwangoners fans are gone. only real star wars fans stick around. i seen alot of so call sw fans with new sigs for crap like xmen, batman, and superman. those were never real fans just abunch of fake fans. thumb down

*gasp*

Or it's because they are hyped about other movies too!

*gasp*

Forgive me for liking other franchises just like I love Star Wars.

Lana
Wow, apparently if you're a Star Wars fan but like other stuff, you're a poser! eek! well ****, I guess every single person on this forum isn't a real fan.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, last year my last final was on the 18th, so I had made plans to see the midnight showing. It's Star Wars, damnit! I was in costume and everything...and I was the only person there who was dressed as a Jedi laughing out loud while killing time before going in to see the movie I duelled with this one person dressed as Darth Maul, which was fun.

amity75
Originally posted by preysin
Im glad all the stupid poser bandwangoners fans are gone. only real star wars fans stick around. i seen alot of so call sw fans with new sigs for crap like xmen, batman, and superman. those were never real fans just abunch of fake fans. thumb down Silliest post I've ever read. laughing

Darth Dean
ROTS was my first midnight showing, and what a showing it was...

overlord
I loved the applause for the 'long time ago' line and the fanfare! Loved the applause for all the characters again. Loved the footage given to Artoo.
Applause? What the hell? You americans are so funny, I feel so superior now!! If I would start to clap my hands like a retard during the movie I would get beaten up.
big grin

And my story? I was in a drug induced psychosis the first time I saw it in theatres and it was ten times better than normal, I didn't even mind the chaotic switching of scenes and the lame Yoda/Sidious battle.

Marvel-knight
My story started when i got in line for the midnight primmer. i was the first in line and was waiting fro a long time. i look behind me and saw a man dressed as Darth maul and a small 7 year old kid dressed as Yoda in what looked like a light saber fight. i thought it was funny as hell and then within five mins of me startting to watch then duke it out the man dressed as maul smashes the kid in the face with his light saber. At this point everyone is looking at the man and the boy crying in pain bleeding on the floor. the police eventuality came and the man was taken away and i believe he never saw the movie that night because from what saw ever seat in the theater was full except one.

JaehSkywalker
^lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.