My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imaginary
This has got to be one of my favourite books ever.

It's about this 13 year old girl named Anna, who was conceived as a donor match for her 16 yr old sister Kate who was diagnosed with leukaemia at age 2. She takes her parents to court because they want her to donate her kidney to her sister, but she wants medical emancipation because she doesn't want to.

There's a lot more to it than that, but I can't really explain it.

The language used in this book is amazing, evocative of sorrow, pity, fear, and most of all, human nature.

'Picoult writes with a fine touch, a sharp eye for detail, and a firm grasp of the delicacy and complexity of human relationships.' - The Boston Globe

marcu
Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors as well. Did you know that she has a book coming out soon called 19 minutes? seems like most people on these threads read Sci fi/ fantasy books. It's hard to get any other thread going if its not of that style. have you read NIGHT by Elie Weisel? Great memoir!

Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.