Wierd Thoughts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

littleredhat
What would happen if you took a character with an advanced healing factor like Wolverine,Deadpool or the Hulk and split them in half down the middle, keeping the too halves seprate and then left them both alone for the night?

Like this -:-(--------

Would the two halves each regenerate what they needed and become two seprate yet identical beings?

Logicly I believe they would. If you look at animals that regenerate like worms and sea stars it would have to be true.

I think this is a very cool concept and the only plausible explaination for Wolverine being in so many places at once. stick out tongue

Sam Z
The halfs got to be close to each other to regenerate i believe. And tearing Hulk or Wolverine apart is not an easy thing...

marvelprince
Not sure what would happen, but your reasoning sounds plausible. I still doubt it would happen though. I think in an instance like that the two halves would have to reconnect to heal somehow

HellMaster93
I agree... can you imagine 2 Hulks or Deadpools!?

littleredhat
Why would they have to be conected to heal. Show me your logic.Please. Because I've never heard of anything working that way.

If Deadpool can get half his head destroyed and regrow it,why can't you spilt Deadpool's head in half and have each half regrow what it needed?

Of course you would have to do the whole thing or else you would just end up with two headed Deadpool.

Hey that might be cool they could play off one another. big grin

A.J
Originally posted by littleredhat
What would happen if you took a character with an advanced healing factor like Wolverine,Deadpool or the Hulk and split them in half down the middle, keeping the too halves seprate and then left them both alone for the night?

Would the two halves each regenerate what they needed and become two seprate yet identical beings?

Logicly I believe they would. If you look at animals that regenerate like worms and sea stars it would have to be true.

I think this is a very cool concept and the only plausible explaination for Wolverine being in so many places at once. stick out tongue laughing

R.O.T. Yahman

I think this is a very cool concept and the only plausible explaination for Wolverine being in so many places at once. stick out tongue

I disagree, 1st off it would be near impossible to cut the Admantium in two, and its states the characters have a healing factor, rather than a replicating power. IMO, the disected bodies are more likely to rejoin, rather than replicate. smile

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I disagree, 1st off it would be near impossible to cut the Admantium in two, and its states the characters have a healing factor, rather than a replicating power. IMO, the disected bodies are more likely to rejoin, rather than replicate. smile But what if they were separated?

HellMaster93
Hmmm... has anyone considered the TEENY WEENY possibility that WOLVERINE IS NO IMMORTAL! He CAN die! get it? And can somone tell mw the address to get to Gimp (the sig thing) becaue I tried to com, US and co.uk etc... I searched on google and couldnt even find a working link to it!

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
But what if they were separated?

They bleed to death b4 reconnection, or they use the remaining limbs/ protrusions to move and find the other part of the body. Not a pretty sight !!!!!! smile

HellMaster93
LOL!

littleredhat
Okay many of you seem to believe that the two halves would some how grow tentacles and rejoin. How I don't know this never happens in nature.

Only if the two halves were touching could this happen and they would most likely have to tied or stitched together to boot. That is how grafting tissues works.

If your thumb is cut off you the doctor doesn't set it next to your hand and leave. stick out tongue

Alright I'll walk you thru it.

You take your subject lets say Deadpool and then you take surgical tool(scalpel,laser,table saw, ect.) and after carefully marking your cut you quickly divide the subject into two equal pieces like a sandwich.

Then you place each side into their own separate containers large enough to allow for expected growth.Be sure to poke holes in the lid. cool

Check on your clones every hour until they both complete. Use your nose. If you smell road kill throw it out.

After your Wade Wilsons are complete be sure to feed them a good meal and number them. Then simply repeat the process as many times as needed till your army or dance troupe is complete.

Enjoy! big grin

willRules
Okay many of you seem to believe that the two halves would some how grow tentacles and rejoin. How I don't know this never happens in nature.

Only if the two halves were touching could this happen and they would most likely have to tied or stitched together to boot. That is how grafting tissues works.

If your thumb is cut off you the doctor doesn't set it next to your hand and leave. stick out tongue

Alright I'll walk you thru it.

You take your subject lets say Deadpool and then you take surgical tool(scalpel,laser,table saw, ect.) and after carefully marking your cut you quickly divide the subject into two equal pieces like a sandwich.

Then you place each side into their own separate containers large enough to allow for expected growth.Be sure to poke holes in the lid. cool

Check on your clones every hour until they both complete. Use your nose. If you smell road kill throw it out.

After your Wade Wilsons are complete be sure to feed them a good meal and number them. Then simply repeat the process as many times as needed till your army or dance troupe is complete.

Enjoy! big grin

I think "road kill" would be smelt every time sad

littleredhat
Originally posted by willRules
I think "road kill" would be smelt every time sad

Don't be a such a downer. stick out tongue

Fiction are full of things that whenever you strike one down two rise from the remains.

Haven't you ever seen Fantasia?

Psyquis52
What is this? Experimentology by Dr. Moreau?

This is sick. You split people in half and unless they're Jamie Madrox, Blackheart, Swamp Thing or some kind of immortal they stay that way.

littleredhat
Originally posted by Psyquis52
What is this? Experimentology by Dr. Moreau?

This is sick. You split people in half and unless they're Jamie Madrox, Blackheart, Swamp Thing or some kind of immortal they stay that way.

So your saying you could do it with Marvel's Mr. Immortal? big grin

I still think that Deadpool or the Hulk could do it.

The best thing about this technique is that you get rid of all the "Who is the real one?" clone angst. That is because the "real one" died at the beginning of the process and the ones created would technically be his offspring.

Psyquis52
There are easier ways to clone people you know.

In order to take a complete Dr. Moreau approach here - what happens if you cut them in half, throw away one half, then attempt to connect the half you saved with half a bear or some other animal? Would they merge? Or would something else happen?

littleredhat
There are easier ways to clone people you know.

In order to take a complete Dr. Moreau approach here - what happens if you cut them in half, throw away one half, then attempt to connect the half you saved with half a bear or some other animal? Would they merge? Or would something else happen?

What could be easier than a table saw? evil face

As for the frankenstien idea. You would need somthing to prevent rejection (unless of course they were a match for eachothers blood and tissue) but I sure Reed Richards patented what would be needed in order to aid organ dontation years ago.

But it would be cool to see a literally half Wolverine half Deadpool complete with a patchwork costume. cool

Although the Logan side would lean. laughing

Psyquis52
What about a half Sabertooth half Wolverine character. He would have to hate himself.

littleredhat
What about a half Sabertooth half Wolverine character. He would have to hate himself.

But still there would be a balance issue. He would have to use a crutch. rolling on floor laughing

HellMaster93
LOL... this is psychotic... and Logan/ Creed could never conect... different DNA etc!

Mindship

This reminds me of the broader outlook where you take a person's powers and look at ALL the implications of having those powers. Eg, a person who can control electricity should also be able to generate magnetism (and vice-versa), and if that's so, then also electromagnetic radiation, which brings light and gamma rays into play. It can get very convoluted.

As for this instance...Yahman's right: it is a healing power, not one of replication. I would say (eg, with Wolverine), you slice him down the middle and separate the halves by time and/or distance...he dies.

For that matter...was it the first Resident Evil movie where the commandos got caught in that laser corridor, and the leader (who was able to dodge for a while) got neatly cut into Kibble bits? What if one of our superhealers got caught by that?

littleredhat
If the regenerative power is great enough say capable of regenerating limbs and the nervous system like Deadpool,Mr. Immortal and Lobo pieces of them should be able to regenerate into full and complete organism. Happy Dance

outarddwarf
we know that AOA wolverine couldnt regenerate a limb, has 616 shown that ability.

grey fox
Originally posted by Mindship
This reminds me of the broader outlook where you take a person's powers and look at ALL the implications of having those powers. Eg, a person who can control electricity should also be able to generate magnetism (and vice-versa), and if that's so, then also electromagnetic radiation, which brings light and gamma rays into play. It can get very convoluted.

As for this instance...Yahman's right: it is a healing power, not one of replication. I would say (eg, with Wolverine), you slice him down the middle and separate the halves by time and/or distance...he dies.

For that matter...was it the first Resident Evil movie where the commandos got caught in that laser corridor, and the leader (who was able to dodge for a while) got neatly cut into Kibble bits? What if one of our superhealers got caught by that?

I think your wrong here mindship , if the body has the capability to heal then i think it could be possible (it just wouldn't be as simple as Madrox duplicating)

manjaro
i dont know if any of this would work. deadpool has healed from being a puddle of fleash and blood, and another time a few cells from snail poop, so basically it would be like mr. sinsiter where whenever he gets rent asunder his body cells seek each other out and reform..hulk i dont see how anybody could even do that to him...not cuz of his invulnerabilty but bcuz his healing factor is almost instaneous, so more than likely lets say if it was a blade, as it passes thru him he would be healing right behind it...and as we've seen with wolverine vs the hulk(ultimate) when logan got ripped in half the wound cauterized until he found his legs, so i dont know, it would have to be one of those ppl who had complete control over there molecules like a shapeshifter..eg ive seen mystique morph two heads on her body, and four arms, so maybe if we were to boost her healing factor she could do something like that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.