Nerds Skipping Class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkC
This Thursday I had Electronics class last, and it was a work period where all we did was our projects.

The great thing about the class is that it's a wonderful slack-off place. Especially during a work period. One of my friends in there is a bass player and the biggest "cool" nerd I have ever met. In that class, it's like permission for me to vent all my nerdiness out. It's funny how he's cool and he's a dork at the same time. I once called him granny for wearing a shawl to school.

That day the teacher was busy helping a crapload of students up front. I had $1.75 in my pocket.
"Hey, should I go to the vending machine for a pop or go to Mac's (ripoff of 7 Eleven) for a Slurpee after school?"

Ricky strokes his chin and thinks. "You know, I bet we can sneak out now and run there."
"Y'think?"

He gives me an affirmative nod and starts out the door, glancing back at the teacher, who hasn't noticed.

Once outside, he says: "Okay. Our excuse if we get caught now: We're going to the bathroom."
"Yeah, because I'm sure that real men accompany each other to the bathroom." I say sarcastically.

"All righty. Sam Fisher style." he says, miming putting the famous tri-lens goggles over his head.

We manage to make it outside....

...right into the middle of a Phys. Ed. class playing field hockey.

"Crap," he says. "The gym teachers are going to see us for sure."
I smack him over the head. "Idiot! Pretend you're on a spare!"
"Oh, yeah!"

At Mac's, half the Slurpee machines seemed to be malfunctioning or broken. The slush comes out in compressed bursts of pellets, rather than normal.
I go for Pepsi, he goes for Cream Soda.
"Damn," he says. "Look at this, man. It's like I'm drinking pink dog shit."
"Better than Pepsi-brown dog shit." I wrinkle my nose, showing him mine.
We laugh, fill with Mountain Dew, pay, and leave.

"Hey, you wanna go to Future Shop?" he says.
"What for?"
"I challenge you to a game of NHL 2K6!! Battle of Alberta, Flames vs my Oilers. Whaddya say?"

I check my watch. We could play a game and make it back with at least half an hour remaining in class. "Sure."

The nice thing about my school is that there's a nice big mall across one street, and a pizza parlour, Subway, and Mac's across the other. Very convenient.
Along the way, we talk about uber-nerd stuff. For example:
"Hey David, see if you can name ten Pokemon in thirty seconds."
"What?!"

We make it to the big screen 52" plasma TV with 2K6 on it, and start it up with 5 minutes per period.
"Wait wait wait, who's at home and who's away?" I said.
"Rock paper scissors, best two out of three." He says. "Rock, paper, scissors!"

"F*ck you!" he says. "Okay okay okay. Again. Rock, paper, scissors! F*ck you!"
I'm too busy laughing to reply.
The surround sound speakers were cranked up, and the crowd roars. We smile stupidly, savouring it. It was the most realistic hockey simulation we had ever played before.

The game starts pretty evenly, but about two minutes in I accidentally pinch up with a defenseman and he gets a breakway, which is turned away by Miikka Kiprusoff.
"And what a stop by Ladyluck that was!" I said loudly, freezing the puck.

He gives me the "What the f**k?" look.

"Long story." I said.

I get the first goal another minute in with Dion Phaneuf rushing along the side and then cutting back.
"Mister Bacon to the corner, and he cuts back and loses his check. Mister Bacon along the boards back towards the blueline! Mister Bacon with a slapper! Mister Bacon SCORES! What a fantastic individual effort by Mister Bacon to draw first blood in this battle of Alberta!"

He cracks up. "Where the hell did you get Mr. Bacon from?"

"Long story." I said.

It was tied 3-3 at the end of regulation, Roman "Ushgarak" Hamrlik ("Long story."wink having scored the tying goal for the Flames in the final two minutes. No score in overtime, either, so we go to a shootout with me being the play-by-play announcer.

"Here's Smyth cutting fast across the hash marks! Dekes! Stopped by Ladyluck!"
"We're not in New York, Dav - "
"Shut up, noob!"

"And here's Alpha Centauri storming up the middle! Slows down and with a fast release! Stoned by Roloson! Good effort by Roloson to cut off the angle of approach there."

"Staios is rushing in, fakes to the backhand! And the weak shot goes wide. Ricky, what the shit was that, man?"
"Shut up." he said.

"Mist in the slot, Mist winding up, it's a fake! Dekes to the outside, shoots! Off the post! NO!"
He laughes. "You suck, David!"
I smack him.

"Pronger to the slot, dekes once! Twice! Slapshot! Stopped by Ladyluck!!!"
"Damn it!"

"And here's Koala MeatPie! Storming up the front! He slows down and with a slapper! Scoooooooooooore!"
"Nooooo!" he exclaims, laughing. Probably because of KMP's bizarre name.

"It's all down to Raffe Torres, it's a score or die situation now. He starts out slowly, rushes out to the hash marks! Cuts back, wristshot! What a save! This one is over!"

"This game sucks!" he said, laughing.
"You suck!" I say, slugging him on the shoulder. "Forty-five minutes left until the bell rings. Come on."

And that's the end of my little adventure. Hope you enjoyed reading.

Mr. Bacon
w00t kickin ass as always cool

Ladyluck
laughing laughing

I'm an awesome goalie w00t

DarkC
Originally posted by Ladyluck
laughing laughing

I'm an awesome goalie w00t
No-no-no. Kiprusoff is a good goalie. mhm

Ladyluck
Originally posted by DarkC
No-no-no. Kiprusoff is a good goalie. mhm

I'm better. mhm

DarkC
I'm better. mhm
No one is better than zee Kiprusoff. shock

Revernd Maynard
laughing laughing

I'm an awesome goalie w00t shock i used to be a goalie untill i got my knee smashed into a dashboard disgust

i was really good, too eek!

Ladyluck
No one is better than zee Kiprusoff. shock

schmoll

Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
shock i used to be a goalie untill i got my knee smashed into a dashboard disgust

i was really good, too eek!

Ow shock

w00t

Revernd Maynard
No one is better than zee Kiprusoff. shock i could name a few no expression

Mr. Bacon
i was playing wiffleball earlier with my friend who also plays hockey and i was pitching and he smack one right at my and i dropped to the ground flashed the glove and snared it, hockey reflexes kick ass w00t he was so pissed too stick out tongue

DarkC
schmoll

Ow shock

w00t
But you come close. petpet

Ladyluck
But you come close. petpet
big grin

Punkyhermy
haha! Last time I skipped a class was like in 9th grade!

Mr. Bacon
i dont think i ever have, our school is like impossible to sneak out of cuz we dont have study periods or anything

Ladyluck
It's so easy to skip classes at my school. Teachers don't even ask where you're going or what class you're supposed to be in if they see you walking in the halls.

I skip all the time ninja

DarkC
It's so easy to skip classes at my school. Teachers don't even ask where you're going or what class you're supposed to be in if they see you walking in the halls.

I skip all the time ninja
I know. stick out tongue Naughty.

Anyways, after we got back inside the classroom, we do a double high five and he goes: "Mission accomplished!"
I go: "Mission rating: B!"

Captain REX
Thou art a nerd, DarkC. stick out tongue

Spawn_Master
laughing laughing

I'm an awesome goalie w00t laughing

Lana
And where the hell was I? schmoll

Seriously though, that was ****ing funny laughing

DarkC
Originally posted by Lana
And where the hell was I? schmoll

Seriously though, that was ****ing funny laughing
Ush needs to see this too. stick out tongue
Originally posted by Captain REX
Thou art a nerd, DarkC. stick out tongue
Silence!

NineCoronas
I think you need to step away from the PC and Internet for a little while.

Or meet up with Ladyluck, Mist, and Mr. Bacon and party your ass off for the rest of the upcoming summer.

Captain REX
Verd.

NineCoronas
Verd. No habla engles.

Captain REX
Sprechen Sie Deutch?

NineCoronas
Sprechen Sie Deutch? ...

Du hast.

DarkC
Originally posted by NineCoronas

Or meet up with Ladyluck, Mist, and Mr. Bacon and party your ass off for the rest of the upcoming summer.
Long story.

Ronny

I skip all the time ninja laughing out loud same

and half the time the teachers for your class dont even catch you

Like we had a sub in my earth science class and the late lunch bell rang nd my boyfriend has late lunch so he was walking with some friends by the window and my friend saw hima nd said "hey theres javier" and I ran out side and kissed him then ran back inside

and the sub didnt even move a muscle. no expression

DarkC
Originally posted by Ronny
laughing out loud same

and half the time the teachers for your class dont even catch you

Like we had a sub in my earth science class and the late lunch bell rang nd my boyfriend has late lunch so he was walking with some friends by the window and my friend saw hima nd said "hey theres javier" and I ran out side and kissed him then ran back inside

and the sub didnt even move a muscle. no expression
whatthe

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by NineCoronas

id be up for that yes

Ronny
It was really hillarious

and the door made a HUGE bang both times it closed and she only turned around when i sat down and went "ugh"

Mr. Bacon
laughing

Slay
So,what you are trying to tell me is,that,you walked out of class,out of school,along a hockey field,WITH teachers on it,and didn't get caught?
Then you and a friend,went and drank a slurpee (Whatever that may be),then played a game at an Arcade.Then walked back into class?

DarkC
Originally posted by Slay
So,what you are trying to tell me is,that,you walked out of class,out of school,along a hockey field,WITH teachers on it,and didn't get caught?
Then you and a friend,went and drank a slurpee (Whatever that may be),then played a game at an Arcade.Then walked back into class?
yes

Classes are nearly two hours. And many grade elevens have spare periods, so the PE teachers, if they noticed us, probably thought we were on a spare.

And it was at Future Shop, not at an arcade. The game took about twenty, the Slurpee run and back took about ten.

Mr. Bacon
we have no spare periods and our classes are 50 minutes with the exception of second period which is hour and 20 and lunch also an hour and 20 and we have 6 periods a day no expression

NineCoronas
Long story. But... But...

Want a Coke?

Slay
yes

Classes are nearly two hours. And many grade elevens have spare periods, so the PE teachers, if they noticed us, probably thought we were on a spare.

And it was at Future Shop, not at an arcade. The game took about twenty, the Slurpee run and back took about ten.
That's about impossible around here.To sneak out I mean.
Our periods are 50 minutes.I also have alot of spare periods,but they're mostly at the beginning (first 4 on Monday) or at the end of a day (last 2 on Friday).

DarkC
I get four periods a day. happy

NineCoronas
I get four periods a day. happy We used to do that, but not anymore. It is actually worse IMO with 4 period days because each period is so long, and you get the chance that if you get a really boring class...

Slay
I get four periods a day. happy
I get 8.So it evens out.

PS,Sarah just told me you disappoint her in bed. no expression

DarkC
The thing is, I've never been in bed with her. no expression

NineCoronas
The thing is, I've never been in bed with her. no expression THat's pretty bad then.

Slay
The thing is, I've never been in bed with her. no expression
Yeah,I was wondering about that to.
You must have a pretty long dick if you can...from Canada...to...nvm. no expression

silver_tears
I don't remember the last time I was in class for a full day, god I love being 18.

Lana
I love college.

It's so easy to skip class.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.