Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun vs Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Razielim
Ulic from Freedon Nadd Uprising and Exar Kun from early TotJ: DLOTS vs Anakin and Obi from RotS...

Who wins?

((The_Anomaly))
Kun would win this alone.

Lightsnake
Wait, wait, this is young Jedi Knight Kun and Ulic, not crazy Sith Lord Kun'n Ulic...this could merit discussion

Razielim
Yes. This is when they were Jedi Knights.

Sith Lord Kun... well, he'd pwn them for sure.

Deception
This is a tough fight...hard to say who wins though. You have Obi Wan who has mastered Soresu and a prodigy in Anakin.

Whilst you have a fairly untrained prodigies in Ulic and Kun...

I'll say it is a stalemate.

BLAK FOX
Exar Kun and Ulic Quel-Droma were nothing special when they were jedi. Sure, Exar Kun may have been Vodo's best student in 600 years (I think) yet he still was hardly a better duelist then Sylvar. And Ulic was hardly that much better then his brother Cay or the other apprentices that he worked with. They both had little training and they were jedi in a relatively weak order. Anakin on the other hand had more potential then anyone ever in the EU, he had way better and longer training then these two and became the youngest jedi ever to join the council. The only jedi more powerful then him at the time were Yoda and Mace, who would wipe the floor with Kun and Ulic. And Obi-Wan Kenobi was an experienced jedi with the best training out of the lot and was roughly as powerful as Anakin. The pt duo easily win this.

Deception
Fox please comment with reasonable statements.

You have given us alot of unsupported assumptions.

"Kun was barely better than Sylvar" - And how is this so? Sylvar may or may not have been stronger than Crado and Kun demolished Crado in the saber fight.

Oh also, George Lucas did not directly refer to EU when he stated Anakin had the most potential, its up to interpretation, we do not need someone else establishing their opinion as fact.

Yoda and Mace wipe the floor with Ulic and Kun? Which Ulic and which Kun? Please do not make us assume the worse.

Honestly you have not shown how Kun and Ulic have had relatively little training, being a fully fledged Jedi Knight, Ulic was sent on various missions, and Kun was able to outduel Vodo with two lightsabers.

Ok, can you provide proof for you quotes again? "Anakin had way more training" Well unless your saying Kun was trained as a adult, which is again another unsupported assumption.

In your entire post, you have given us nothing but unsupported assumptions, speculation and a display of a fanboy's opinion, please come back when you can argue with sources.

Razielim
The thing is: In Star Wars, GL = God and the EU has to follow his rules as well. However... I don't remember him making a statement. Anakin was 22 in RotS, and look how powerful he was.

Still, it makes more sense him having more potential than anyone else. Being the son of the Force and the Chosen One and all. However, it's all speculation. But I've yet to come across a 22 year old anywhere near him in the EU.

That, and Anakin/Obi's incredible cohesion.

The PT Jedi I always thought were a bit more peaceful and less "hardened" than the ancient Jedi until I read Bombarad's essay on them, now I'm not too sure. Anakin and Obi-Wan spent over 1000 hours together sparring during the Clone Wars.

Damn. I think Anny/Obi in a close one.

Lightsnake
If Anakin has the most potential, then there's no need to refer to the EU: He has the most potential and raw power PERIOD

BLAK FOX
Originally posted by Deception
Fox please comment with reasonable statements.

You have given us alot of unsupported assumptions.

"Kun was barely better than Sylvar" - And how is this so? Sylvar may or may not have been stronger than Crado and Kun demolished Crado in the saber fight.

Oh also, George Lucas did not directly refer to EU when he stated Anakin had the most potential, its up to interpretation, we do not need someone else establishing their opinion as fact.

Yoda and Mace wipe the floor with Ulic and Kun? Which Ulic and which Kun? Please do not make us assume the worse.

Honestly you have not shown how Kun and Ulic have had relatively little training, being a fully fledged Jedi Knight, Ulic was sent on various missions, and Kun was able to outduel Vodo with two lightsabers.

Ok, can you provide proof for you quotes again? "Anakin had way more training" Well unless your saying Kun was trained as a adult, which is again another unsupported assumption.

In your entire post, you have given us nothing but unsupported assumptions, speculation and a display of a fanboy's opinion, please come back when you can argue with sources.

Dude chill. Not everything has to be about a debate.

Faunus
Originally posted by Deception

Rather quick with the ''ur a fanb0y!'' there, don't you think?

Motoko Sama

DarthMaul9123
anakin's value here is maybe how much he tapps into the dark side, that or obiwan's crazy ability to not be in the fight somehow, jk, but i think a major thing to consider is how far anakin has delved into the darkside

BLAK FOX

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by BLAK FOX
Actually every single apprentice that Arca gathers on Onderon are described as being exceptional, so the fact that quite a few of them are described in that way lessens your point.

Not really. There's only around 6-7 out of how many other Jedi Knights? I'd bet a lot.

For the actual thing, you said he was nothing special - I proved he was - even if it includes others.

Point being? I proved more times where Ulic has shown his talent.

Even if Oss is included, how is that a weakening point? As I said, "uncommon" and "above average" is a vast difference from "nothing special". On top of that, Oss and Cay were having trouble with the warrior, and then we see Ulic own him, therefore, it goes to show that Ulic is above them either way.

What a load of bull. The duel barely lasted a page before Sylvar faced off against him. So, tell me how he was "hardly better"?

She tapped into her anger, and gave into her emotions - catching Exar off-guard as he hadn't expected a sparring partner to do that in the presence of their master, hence "You failed Vodo's test".

Great. You should've replied to the whole thing though, or at least waited, because what you responded to goes further in-depth down the list with being "nothing special", and etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.