Bananas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Who here likes bananas?

http://forums.killermovies.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

yerssot
yup; I like them allright!

they're so nice and round

mah
I don't like bananas sad

Raz
Even Mr Splits? http://forums.killermovies.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

L.E.
bananas are not round confused

Gundark
I love bananas. They're the easiest food to carry around. Steve (guy in my office) and I are always leaving perverted messages on each other's bananas if they're laying around on our desks.

LaurenE147
I love bananas. They rock. You can carry them around and they're nutritious

yerssot
well, things I've heared about those bananas... how they spray workers if they don't find cover...

mah
bananas in pyjamas

Tex
That show came straight from hell!

Banannas are gooooooood. big grin

mechmoggy
Officially, my favourite puddings are: -

1. Banana's and custard
2. Jelly and ice cream (thats English jelly folks not jam)

Ushgarak
Bananas are great. I can register Edna's vote by proxy as well; she also loves bananas.

LanceWindu
I love banana's.

Especially in a banana split.

Captain REX
Banana's are okay, not my favorite fruit. But it is up there on my fav fruit list.

BANANA ICE CREAM RULES!!! Buy Chunky Monkey. It's banana ice cream with walnuts and chocolate chips in it. Yummy!

*starts drooling*

Raz
I'm not really a fan of bananas...

...but I am a fan of this little guy.... http://forums.killermovies.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

big grin

L.E.
brass monkey
that funky monkey
brass funky monkey
that chunky monkey

..i think thats how it goes....

LaurenE147
The best ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough

Gundark
Lauren and I agree on that one for sure !

Raz....just how close are you and this little banana fellow getting ?

LaurenE147
I think he's cute.

Corran
The little fella's quite good, but not a good as real Bananas.

L.E.
his whole dancing thing is getting me to like him. i can understand why raz is in love stick out tongue

Gundark
You don't suppose.....Raz is really a banana ?

yerssot
that or he's going bananas...

*hums Herby theme*

Gundark
It was Herbie, not Herby.

yerssot
not by Flemish subtitles stick out tongue wink

Gundark
Well the subtitles were WRONG !

yerssot
d'euh! they even translated Baggins (lotr) into something else!

Raz
How can you not love this little guy: http://forums.killermovies.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

He makes me smile every time I see him big grin

LaurenE147
You should make him part of your signature

Tex
That little Banana needs to take some Ritalin! stick out tongue

ToMacco
That's a cool little dancin' banana.

Corran
I am currently eating Bananas whilst reading the Forums, I just find it quite amusing that I am now reading this thread. Oh well, I found it amusing at least even if no-one else does.

Raz
A nice co-in-ki-dunct.

That little fella is going to join the three new smilies I'm going to commission. big grin

Corran
I forsee him being used a lot.

yerssot
but than it will loose his charm!

Corran
No, it's like stupid old jokes - they never cease to be funny. Boogie Banana will not cease to be cool.

Gundark
Boogie Banana. Hehehe. Raz's alter ego.

Corran
Somehow when I pictured what different members (huh, huh) looked like, I did not envisage Raz looking quite like the Boogie Banana, however, that's how I will view him from hereonin.

yerssot
what's your mental image of To? a giant beerbottle?

LaurenE147
I imagine To as Homer Simpson just like he is in his sig. Laying back with his hands behind his head.

Corran
No, a big fat yellow bloke wearing blue trousers and a white shirt, a little folically challenged drinking beer from a can.

Gundark
ToMacco looks like spongebob. laughing out loud

mah
thats pretty obvious, they use the same names as in the translated books in the different countries.

------------------

so I'm the only one who doesnt like bananas?

yerssot
why and yes

mah
'cause thats obvious, when translating using the names people have read in the books, so fans who havent read the english version recognise the characters.

yerssot
and why did they change it in the first place?

mah
because the names given to many have a meaning, tolkien gave them names with a meaning, so the translators translated those into names with meanings in their language. they didnt translate elves names and the likes of course.

bananas, was it?

yerssot
well, doesn't have a meaning in Dutch, if I remember the names correctly...

an elve named banana?

mah
big grin hope not. don't know if there even has been an appearance of bananas in the books

Gundark
I think we should have the dancing banana stomp on Bjork.

yerssot
Ah, you haven't heared the latest rumor of TTT than mah big grin

Gundark
This thread is about bananas. Raz's bananas, I might add. Let's keep it on topic.

I think the banana should dance all over the forum.

yerssot
but latest rumor is an elve is called banana

mah
instead of that banner that once were here when you werent logged on, a banana dances around?

Gundark
Yes. That would be lovely. Raz had little snowflakes falling in here one time at Christmas.

mah
what can't that guy do. I'm sure he can fix a banana too then.

yerssot
worldpeace?

LaurenE147
Are there bananas in the Star Wars galaxy? And what is the name for their galaxy?

Gundark
Its that one a long time ago, far away.

Corran
Is it called the Banana Republic?

Gundark
Oh shit.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Good one man !!!

LaurenE147
That was pretty good.

Gundark
Corran is on the cutting edge of Jedi comedy.

Edna Witch
Yeah! Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas Bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They make me Hyperactive! Mmmmmmm!

mah
em, maybe you should STAY AWAY from the bananas from now on?

Edna Witch
Well actually when I was in the sixth form, they did consider banning me from eating bananas and custard when we had it for lunch. Apparently I was too dusruptive in afternoon classes! The cheek! Disruptive? Moi? I was a model student!

mah
I'm sure

yerssot
so, what's exactly on the "Edna bans" list?
Bananas, jelly, what else?

mah
jaffa cakes

yerssot
ah, didn't knew that one...
pony?

Ushgarak
TOLD you she liked them.

Next on the list is mashed potato.

yerssot
Who can mash potatoes? big grin
Who can do twist? big grin

and that's for enough of remembering from my part...

anything else on the list Ush?
and can you confirm the jaffa cake and the pony?

Ushgarak
Who on earth eats ponies?

She has a weird way of eating jaffa cakes but I don't think she goes mental over them.

yerssot
you eat cows... well, I take she don't... sheep, etc. so why not a pony?

Ushgarak
Presumably because pony meat is horrible...

yerssot
well, horsemeat isn't bad, so why would the midget version of it be bad?

mah
could make some darn fine sausages though

yerssot
you and your sausages, tom... wink

Ushgarak
I am basing it being bad on the point that no-one eats it!

yerssot
...yet

got to think big!
Lots of restaurants, only serving ponies... McPony...
we will make billions on profit!

LaurenE147
Now tell me baby
Do you like it like this

Horse meat. Eww.

yerssot
well, you take a horse, kill it, you put a knife... oh! you mean you don't like it?

hmm, don't come to Belgium than

LaurenE147
That's almost as bad as dog meat

mah
travel to china and get it all! plus some hamsters and maybe some beetles here and there

yerssot
hmm, can't say I have eaten THAT, but heck...don't go to china eather

Ushgarak
Well, Lauren, can YOU say why eating a horse or dog is any worse than eating a cow or sheep?

yerssot
and where does the name hotdog comes from??

LaurenE147
I don't eat sheep, but cows are ugly and dumb and there is absolutely no shortage of them so I don't have to worry about it. I mean, there are cow pastures everywhere you look around here.

Raz
Nice use of the caps there Ush.

I guess she doesn't like the idea of eating a pet. wink

Ushgarak
Cows can be pets. Plenty of pet cows around. And there is no reason why horses and dogs should be less plentiful than sheep or cows. Nor are they less intelligent than dogs or horses, and pigs- which we happily eat- are smarter than all of them.

Raz
People have tastes and tend to stick to them.

And where on earth have you seen a cow pet?? laughing out loud

yerssot
are you pro-cannibalism?

Ushgarak
On farms. Edna would LOVE a pet cow; she has always wanted one. I have friends with pet cows up near the Suffolk border.

And I know people have tastes but the implicit criticism of people who like to eat horses or dogs is disturbing because that is no different to eating farmyard animals.

And yerss... no, I am not.

yerssot
just checking
*steps closer to Ush again*

Raz
Edna hasn't been known for being normal wink

Also, can we please stop talking about Edna? All the threads are having too much in common.

Ushgarak
Well, tough! You asked about pet cows and I responded with relevant information! It might have been Dim who wanted one all her life but it wasn't, it was Edna, and that is all there is to it! And this one single mention of her does not make this thread have too much in common with any other!

Raz
God you're such a downer.

Ushgarak
Well, that was a ridiculous criticism, wasn't it? That somehow one brief mention of Edna had transformed this thread into something like all the others! Was I meant to deliberately ignore the fact she wanted a pet cow just because one other thread has been mentioning her? Hardly my fault that I am made to defend myself against such a weird statement.

Raz
Statement still stand, and I am taking this to PMs.

Closing topic...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.