HOTU or HOTI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Why do we keep using the term "Heart of the Universe" instead of the term "Heart of the Infinate"? I know that Thanos once refered to it as such, but all of Marvel's handbooks list it as the Heart of the Infinate, which when you think about it is a much more accurate discription. The term "Heart of the Universe" implies that it's universal in the scope of it's power, but the term "Heart of the Infinate" much more accurately implies that it's multiversal in it's scope of power. Like the Living Tribunal or the Phoenix Force, there is only one HotI for the entire Marvel Universe, so which term should we be using?

guy222
It was called Heart of the Infinite first? Wasn't Thanos still trapped on Earth when he absorbed an M-body of the Tribunal? Wasn't it God(TOAA) who manipulated Thanos? Isn't God(TOAA) the creator of the Living Tribunal? To me, that's why The End didn't make sense. Why would God(TOAA) let Thanos humble everyone including his servant(LT).

Howard_Jones
It was called both

Xplosive
Origianl was Heart of the Infinite. And HOTU destroyed whole LT and not only M-body.
If he would destroy only M-body, why then TOAA himself had to manipulate THOTI.

guy222
Alot of speculation said it was an M-body? Who knows? Again, just didn't make any sense why God would let his creation lose?

Galan007
THOTI was it's original name given to it by a Celestial order.

It was Thanos himself who dubbed it THOTU.

Both ways are technically correct, but one way is MORE correct then the other (THOTI).

Galan007
Originally posted by guy222
It was called Heart of the Infinite first? Wasn't Thanos still trapped on Earth when he absorbed an M-body of the Tribunal? Wasn't it God(TOAA) who manipulated Thanos? Isn't God(TOAA) the creator of the Living Tribunal? To me, that's why The End didn't make sense. Why would God(TOAA) let Thanos humble everyone including his servant(LT). LT is only under TOAA in power, and what was THOTI? It was TOAA's power confined to a Multiverse.

TOAA wouldn't care that Thanos destroyed LT or any of the other Abstracts, because he knew that once everything was all said and done, the Multiverse would be as it was.

guy222
Thank u, Galan007. Very good reply.

Jyppe
Does it matter? Everyone pretty much knows the name of it. HOTU, HATU, Datu, PLatu, Natu, Latu, Zatu. Whatever it was.

guy222
In response to Jyppe, laughing

Galan007
In response to Jyppe, laughing You know, if you just click the "Quote" button on the bottom right hand corner of each post, you wouldn't have to say "in response to" every time you replied. wink

guy222
I didn't know that, thanks for the tip. wink

Galan007
I didn't know that, thanks for the tip. wink np

supervenom
What exactly is M Body? I take it thats the body of LT in that particular dimension, therefore its not his real being? Because I did read that he resides in the Multiverse, and is not really seperate but still one being.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Galan007
THOTI was it's original name given to it by a Celestial order.

It was Thanos himself who dubbed it THOTU.

Both ways are technically correct, but one way is MORE correct then the other (THOTI).

thumb up

Now that that's settled, we don't need a thread dedicated to a pronunciation discrepancy. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.