Top 25 X-men of all time!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jade Lightning
Game Informer just finished a list of what they consider to be the top 25 X-men of all time; here are the criteria they used to make their decisions, some you will agree with, some you won't, but most make sense and they back up their choices nicely:

"Living the Dream: At the core of the X-Men is Charles Xavier's dream that mutants and humans can live in peace. The very best X-Men not only believed this dream, but promoted it through their actions. It doesn't mean they were a saint, it just means that, as best they could, they believed in Xavier's vision.

Personality: It's nice to believe in something, but it can also be quite boring simply to "believe." The characters that resonate longest are those with complex issues, interesting personalities and compelling stories.

Staying Power: Some of the newer mutants are beloved, but their place in X-Men lore is unknown. It's impossible to place someone like X-23 or Beak above some of the more proven characters of the X-Men Universe."

http://comics.ign.com/articles/708/708826p1.html

Here's the top five- rightly so- encase you don't feel like sifting through all 25:

#5= Rogue: "Rogue is the perfect example of why the Xavier Institute must exist..."
#4= Wolverine: "He may not be a team player, but Logan has the best interests of the X-Men at heart..."
#3= Kitty Pride: "She is the mutant everyman, the common girl turned superhero..."
#2= Professor X: "Without Xavier, there would be no X-Men and no unified opposition to Magneto..."
#1= *drum roll*= CYCLOPS: "He's lost two wives, reunited with his space pirate father, discovered two lost brothers, fought beside both a son and daughter from alternate futures, and defended The Dream as a knight might protect the Holy Grail. Through all of this, he's still standing."

HellMaster93
I agree with that...

willRules
Swap cyke and Xavier around and I would agree..........smile

Lucid Lui
Glad to see Chamber made the list.

DigiMark007
No Beak?! For shame....

smiley8
Jean/Phoenix should be in that top 5

S.S
Originally posted by willRules
Swap cyke and Xavier around and I would agree..........smile
Nah cyke's number 1 he's the real leader of the team.
Originally posted by smiley8
Jean/Phoenix should be in that top 5
Maybe before the whole Phoenix crap yea.

willRules
Originally posted by S.S
Nah cyke's number 1 he's the real leader of the team.

I agree that scott should be within the top 5 and most likely 2nd, but it was xavier who started the dream, if it wasn't for him, well we have seen AOA and it ain't pretty.......

Superboy Prime
Well they made a good point about how Xavier has lost faith at times and even leaves the teams on numerous ocassions. Scott is the #1 X-men in my opinion. I'm glad they gave it to him.

Jade Lightning
As am I.

willRules
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Well they made a good point about how Xavier has lost faith at times and even leaves the teams on numerous ocassions. Scott is the #1 X-men in my opinion. I'm glad they gave it to him.

Scott has also quit the team before smile

steverules
Xavier was onslaught and tried to kill the whole of his x-men.

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
Xavier was onslaught and tried to kill the whole of his x-men.

Scott did the same thing whilst merged with Apocalypse.............

outavodka
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Glad to see Chamber made the list.
me too, although time traveling xmen bishop n cable should be higher, for without those two the xmen we know know would be very very different. certain people hell maybe all the original xmen would be dead.

Kool-Aid
Originally posted by Jade Lightning
Kitty Pride: "She is the mutant everyman

blink sick

steverules
Scott did the same thing whilst merged with Apocalypse.............

But in a way Onslaught was created by xavier.

NoFate007
I still don't get what everyone loves about Kitty.

drwerwer
yea i think cyclops deserves # 1

FG725
Gambit should be in there how does sabretooth and all the other villains rank above gambit

jgiant
gambit is just another team face in the crowd...like warpath...

Kool-Aid
Hes had a leading role in X-Men for some time.

Grimm22
Originally posted by FG725
Gambit should be in there how does sabretooth and all the other villains rank above gambit

Because Gambit sucks.

Seriously there is absolutly nothing good about Gambit.

Nothing, he's an awful character that defines what was wrong with comics in the 90's wink

Grimm22
Im just glad that Wolverine wasnt #1 big grin

willRules
But in a way Onslaught was created by xavier.

magneto was described as planting the evil seed within Xavier that resulted in Onslaught. Whereas Cyclops physically merged with En Sabah Nur. They were literally one evil being.

outavodka
Originally posted by jgiant
gambit is just another team face in the crowd...like warpath... Thas f*cked up laughing

HellMaster93
GAMBIT IS DA MAN, man! Besides, you're a key X-Man once yiou have a solo comic and I think you'll find Gambit does... or did...

steverules
magneto was described as planting the evil seed within Xavier that resulted in Onslaught. Whereas Cyclops physically merged with En Sabah Nur. They were literally one evil being.

Yeah which fed of xaviers anger and sadness and all that was bad inside him.

willRules
Yeah which fed of xaviers anger and sadness and all that was bad inside him.

Not true no

Onslaught consisted of Xavier's repressed mental characteristics granted, but it was rage towards Magneto's ideology. Onslaught was conceived from the mindlink shared between Xavier and Magneto in the fatal attractions storyline. It was a combination of Xavier physic characteristics, magnetos powers and Magneto's Ideology of survival of the fittest.

In fact it could be argued that it was partially a result of Xavier's frustration and anger towards what had happened to wolverine, one of his own X-men. In other words it was a result of looking after his team, his X-men.

Plus Xavier was described as being purged of his demons afterwords. Whereas Cyclops was affected deeply for months afterwords. many speculate this is part of the reason for what drove him away from Jean and towards emma

kingfisher111
colossus and wolverine rules!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.