-=- Various CD Drive and Hard Drive Problems -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
I PLugged in a New Maxtor hard drive (ata cables, you know thoes pins and 4 prongs at the end og the drive) And My Compuer can not detected it, And now, it can not detect any CDs inside the CD drives, so I can not reboot my computer using XP CD, I can nto install my new ahrd drive... What do I do?

I tried Connecting the new Drive as a Slave and Master, and also all by itself, Now it is not connected to anything and I Still can't read CDs (all the cables are connected) What do I do?

NineCoronas
Check the cables actually.

Koala MeatPie
Which one? The One connecting the Hard Drives to The Computer? (Main, Slave, APA?) The Power Supplies, Ir the Connection Between the CD Rom Drives and the Hard Drives?

Because I allready did.

NineCoronas
Any of them actually. Just try replacing the IDE cables themselves and see if it makes a difference. Failing that, it is a possible cooling issue. Maybe, beyond that, your motherboard can't handle it.

Koala MeatPie
intel Pentium 4 2.4 ghz Processor

Bloigen
Have you checked for AIDS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.