Ha HA!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
We FINALLY won the Eurovision!

Ushgarak
It's a fair win. But I must say, Lithuania had the best damn idea ever.

Maestro
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's a fair win. But I must say, Lithuania had the best damn idea ever.

We are the winners of Eurovision roll eyes (sarcastic)

amity75
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
We FINALLY won the Eurovision! Fantastic! OK, they might have been the most "un death metal" death metal band of all time but it was fantastic to see something different win it! Congratulations!

Deano
fukin quality! the finland song was actually the best one imo.

Deano
music video of song and the live one at eurovision

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5390275663408095042&q=lordi

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6666637566522776701&q=Lordi

Bardock42
Thank God I didn't watch it....

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Maestro
We are the winners of Eurovision roll eyes (sarcastic)

Roll eyes all you like, no-one has ever given Lithuania a second thought, everyone thought they would be as rubbish as ever, all the critics said the song was stupid...

... well, it gave them sixth place and the UK gave it ten points. If WE had tried something like that rather than an ego-trip rap song we would have scored much better.

DarkCrawler
Oh yeah, we even got highest number of points ever. big grin

Ushgarak
Yes, that's not THAT big a deal when there are now some 40 countries giving out points...

Not to take away from your victory, which was very solid, but there have been bigger wins.

grey fox
Britain suck's when it comes to stuff like this , I whole heartedly believe we fail when the metal comes to the meat (so to speak) look at the millennium dome , or the spinnaca tower or 'The Olympics' (Which i have no doubt we'll **** up...)

Kosta
I agree with Ush, Lithuania had a great idea for their performance. Finland deserved their win though. smile

Ushgarak
The UK is simply committing suicide in Eurovision lately. People say that it is because of the Gulf War, but that's crap. France is being eviscerated as well, and there is no war issue there.

Look at France- they insist on doing well-sung songs that go down a storm in France itself (particularly in being sung in French), but EUROPE doesn't care, they are so boring compared to the rest!

People have to remember this isn't the 'best song your country can submit' contest, it's the Eurovision Song contst- it has to be a song that will do well internationally.

The UK's last few entries havbe all been stuff that the UK likes- or more precisely, the kind of people who phone vote for it like, and I suspect impressionable teengage girls have a lot to do with our self-voting each year.

Now, compare 1997, Katrina and the Waves withg Love's Light Shining. We took one look at that and said:

"This will win."

It looked like a Euro song. It wasn't the best song ever, it didn't top our charts (thought it did very well), but it was perfect for Eurovision.

And we went around saying we would definitely win, and Katrina went around saying we would definitely win...

... and we DID win. Hugely. And when we tried a similar thing next year, we came second.

This was less than ten years ago. We have not suddenly become musically inept in less than ten years. The rise of the Eastern Europe voting block has certainly greatly reduced any chances of victory, true, but that hardly explains our abysmal placing in recent years.

No, as I say, that is because we have stopped producing songs that will do well at the contest, and just chuck out songs that might be popular in the UK but flop on the Euro scene.

Not that it matters. We only watch it for the hysterically inept spectacle of it all, anyway.

Storm
I like the song, but for what Lordi represents, Hard Rock Hallelujah didn' t have enough power imo.

Through the years, the Eurovision Song Contest has become a farce.

Ushgarak
I strongly suspect it was ALWAYS a farce. Look at Congratulations getting beaten by La la la la la la la .

Slay
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I strongly suspect it was ALWAYS a farce. Look at Congratulations getting beaten by La la la la la la la .
Of course it was.
Holland won with one of the worst songs to have ever been written back in the seventies...

As for Lordi,Hard Rock Hallelujah didn't really do anyhting for me...

lord xyz
jī

Neo_Version 7
I liked "Teenage Life". stick out tongue

The French chick was really good too though.

The Russian entry I liked as well. Really corny but it was catchy.

Britrogue
Well, I knew the UK wouldn't win. Our entry sucked!

grey fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Awmet0Q9lI&search=Hard%20rock%20%20lordi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.