How Madden could be better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pressure
Well i noticed somethings about Madden that are not fixed every year.One of them is immobile Quarterbacks moving outside of the pocket (Peyton Manning,Brad Johnson,ect). I would also like to know how many times I pressured a QB in superstar mode when I am a Dlinemen (that could be in the stat column). For QBs there should be a panic meter where every time they do get pressured and sacked the meter goes higher and high an when it reaches the top they start to (what else) panick. The QBs that do have happy feet should start to dance (P.Manning,Mcnabb,Bledsoe). The ones that dont shouldnt get them they should merly hurry throws or not panick at all (Brady,...,...,ect). So what do you think?

Skeets
I always liked the 2k sports football games much better........erm I'm still playing nfl 2k5 for the ps2 or x-box....no expression

AstroFan
For one, they could actually put all the features in the 360 version. erm

Smasandian
Originally posted by Pressure
Well i noticed somethings about Madden that are not fixed every year.One of them is immobile Quarterbacks moving outside of the pocket (Peyton Manning,Brad Johnson,ect). I would also like to know how many times I pressured a QB in superstar mode when I am a Dlinemen (that could be in the stat column). For QBs there should be a panic meter where every time they do get pressured and sacked the meter goes higher and high an when it reaches the top they start to (what else) panick. The QBs that do have happy feet should start to dance (P.Manning,Mcnabb,Bledsoe). The ones that dont shouldnt get them they should merly hurry throws or not panick at all (Brady,...,...,ect). So what do you think?

1. Game would suck if they're was an restriction to immobile QB's. Those QB's occassionally move outside the pocket.

2. In Madden 98, they did have that stat, but realistically, they're isnt an official stat in the NFL that counts for pressuring somebody.

3. Again, wouldnt be fun. Too realistic.

It's a game and they're some things in the game that have to be changed to make it fun.

FlappingMangera
I hadn't played madden in a bit cause my copy was all scratched up. That is what you get for having a puppy, but i had a gamefly coupon so i bought it again and started a franchise draft.

Picked up Matt Jones, the guy who was the QB at alabama and now is a wideout for the jaguars. He is really fast and has a great arm, and those stats are reflected in the game, but......

mad HE NEVER CAN THROW THE BALL!!! mad

made me so mad to find out that you can't switch other players to the QB position in the console versions of the last madden. I hope they fix it in the new one.

Smasandian
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
I hadn't played madden in a bit cause my copy was all scratched up. That is what you get for having a puppy, but i had a gamefly coupon so i bought it again and started a franchise draft.

Picked up Matt Jones, the guy who was the QB at alabama and now is a wideout for the jaguars. He is really fast and has a great arm, and those stats are reflected in the game, but......

made me so mad to find out that you can't switch other players to the QB position in the console versions of the last madden. I hope they fix it in the new one.

Why would you want Matt Jones to be your QB anyways?

Phat J
is madden worth getting for the old xbox? ive never really played it before, but as far as sports games go i like games like winning eleven and pro evolution soccer.

should i buy it?

forumcrew

matt jones would be a bad QB. Second try going into the rosters and edit Matt Jones and change his position to QB

badsymbiote
Originally posted by Phat J
is madden worth getting for the old xbox? ive never really played it before, but as far as sports games go i like games like winning eleven and pro evolution soccer.

should i buy it?
Madden's great game--especially if you haven't played it. It's good football game to learn on, and the controls feel natural. Anybody who has even a slight interest in the game can pick it up and be decent in a short time.
As far as the problems go, I think they've worked out most of the kinks by now, huh? I haven't even bought one since '94. Do they have create a player? If so, Smasandian, just create your own boss 1st round pick from whatever state you like...make him a great passer and scrambler. If they don't have it, keep trying or pick a better team and/or playa.
There's a way around that--I guarantee it.

Smasandian
I'm not the one who has the problem, but yes they have a create a player, I think since 98's version.

Good thing about Madden is that if you do an fantasy draft, who can still create your own player afterwords. Great feature. I hate in most games, you create your player before, so you have to draft him.

PINBALL
There are some things they could fix, like make truck stick a little less affective cause right now its too easy to dominate but other than that I ****in love that game

FlappingMangera
Originally posted by forumcrew
matt jones would be a bad QB. Second try going into the rosters and edit Matt Jones and change his position to QB

Why would matt jones be a bad QB? He was pretty good in college, and his madden stats are suited to a QB.

He's faster than vick in the game, would be fun to play with him.

Second, like i said in my post, the most recent madden on console does not let you switch any other postion to QB. Check it out, that is what i was saying sucks.

No opportunities for a guy like randle el to throw the ball.

Smasandian
Why would matt jones be a bad QB? He was pretty good in college, and his madden stats are suited to a QB.

He's faster than vick in the game, would be fun to play with him.

Second, like i said in my post, the most recent madden on console does not let you switch any other postion to QB. Check it out, that is what i was saying sucks.

No opportunities for a guy like randle el to throw the ball.

Well, I cant tell you what his stats are but if thier in the 70's, that aint good.

And also, just because he played good in college does not mean he will be good in the NFL.

FlappingMangera
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, I cant tell you what his stats are but if thier in the 70's, that aint good.

And also, just because he played good in college does not mean he will be good in the NFL.

Speed of 93 and acceleration of 88, would make it fun to play with him at QB. It would just be a different offense, I wouldn't be throwing 50 yard passes, so his passing stats in the 70's would be more than sufficient.

anyway, the point has nothing to do with the merits of matt jones as a QB. My point was that it sucks that you can't switch any other players positions to QB in the last madden, and that i hope they change it in the next one

Smasandian
So why do you want him as your QB if you dont want to throw?

It does suck, but heck, it's an videogame.

FlappingMangera
So why do you want him as your QB if you dont want to throw?

It does suck, but heck, it's an videogame.

LOL, the title of the thread is "how madden could be better"

I would still throw sometimes with him, mostly just run, with the running backs running paterns in the flats to dump it off to him.

forumcrew
Speed of 93 and acceleration of 88, would make it fun to play with him at QB. It would just be a different offense, I wouldn't be throwing 50 yard passes, so his passing stats in the 70's would be more than sufficient.

anyway, the point has nothing to do with the merits of matt jones as a QB. My point was that it sucks that you can't switch any other players positions to QB in the last madden, and that i hope they change it in the next one

i dont think it sucks at all because it would just make no sense to do. Madden trys to keep their game realistic. Tons of guys were good in college and couldnt even get to the NFL let alone be good in the NFL. If you want to be able to just juke and jive with a speedy guy and do arcady things play NFL Street or a Blitz game, its not what maddens about.

Just for reference his pass stats are 78 power, 70 accuracy, awareness 53 which is huge for this game.
Also he is not faster than Vick in the game:
Vick is speed 94, Agility 85, Accel 95
Jones is speed 93, agility 89, accel 88

This is all by the latest updates.

One final note, Matt Jones would be the WORST QB in the game based on his pass stats, Even the worst FA would be a better QB than he would.

forumcrew
we are doin a KMC fantasy football league, and need 1 more I figured this may be a good place to find someone. If your interested PM me asap.

§P0oONY
Madden would be better if it didn't feature such a terrible sport.

forumcrew
and you might be better if you werent a closed minded deuche bag. Perhaps youd prefer a game where penalty kicks decide champions?

§P0oONY
No offence... but American Football is not played in England, I've watched it on TV a couple of times, and there is no continues action, tonnes of stoppage to talk about what play their going to make next. The game is like a slow Rugby. At least if a game is decided by Penalties; it ends..

btw. it's spelt Douche.

Smasandian

Blaxican Hydra
and you might be better if you werent a closed minded deuche bag. Perhaps youd prefer a game where penalty kicks decide champions?

Jesus yes. Thats the problem with soccer...

§P0oONY
So I'm not allowed to have an opinion on a sport just because I haven't grown up watching it and as a matter of fact I have played it; I have a few friends at school that love the game and bring in their ball, so we used to play it at lunch.

How am I being closed minded... as I said, I have watched a couple of times, in fact I've watched the superbowl for the last 3 years (basically the only game that is shown in the UK).

Also I'm not a fan of European football either, I think it's shit that it ends with a penalty shootout.

forumcrew
the point was if you dont like american football and you dont like madden, why come in a madden thread and just make posts talking trash. Its just immature. You are allowed to not like it thats fine but why go out of your way to make sure everyone knows you dont like it.

§P0oONY
ermm

The thread is really talking about Madden in a negative way... just read the title....

Plus, I've never said I don't like the game, Madden is a great laugh with a couple of beers and a couple friends, not as fun as NFL Street but still fun.

Smasandian
I might of gone too extreme there, but it's annoying when people from the UK go on the NFL threads, or videogame threads and start calling it an shitty sport, boring sport, why the hell is called football sport and football is for pussies, when the majority of NFL fans in KMC do not do the same.

§P0oONY
To be fair, I've seen far more people criticise European Football, than US

Smasandian
Not around here though.

It isnt the criticism, they go out of their way to criticize the game, while NFL fans do not.

forumcrew
yea im not a huge fan of soccer as we call it, but i can get into it a little and i dont go talk shit about it eventhough i much prefer NFL. The thread isnt really a negative one. Its just looking for madden players to provide suggestions on things theyd like changed, not to whore on the sport of football. But I will appologize for my harshness some because you dont seem so bad. It just gets old dealing with people like Smasandian described.

§P0oONY
Well, maybe not a negative way but the thread is for constructive criticism and I'll admit that my comment was barely constructive. I'll lie and blame it on the fact it was posted late at night/early morning... not really an excuse but whatever. Sorry if I upset you NFL fans though, wasn't really my intention.

JToTheP
Madden games piss me off, everytime I call EBGames or go in in August they always try to pressure me into pre-ordering this damn thing! It's basically the identical thing as the year before also! mad

Smasandian
Originally posted by JToTheP
Madden games piss me off, everytime I call EBGames or go in in August they always try to pressure me into pre-ordering this damn thing! It's basically the identical thing as the year before also! mad

Somewhat, but considering I spend atleast 100 hundred hours playing it per year, I dont really see a problem.

And they do add pretty invaluble features every year and having up to date rosters and everything else makes an huge football fan dream come true.

forumcrew
yea i could see how if your a casual player/fan you wouldnt care much for a new one every year. But to use die hard fans its actually a nice thing to look forward too. ANd they have been good as of late at adding some nice features every time.

Smasandian
I can wait until next week.

Just the thought of rearranging my rosters is exicting. I dont know why, but it is, and that Im really good at making trades.

I'm also exicted to see the 360 game after they had another year to get used to the hardware. If NCAA is similar to Madde, they're are some really cool animations.

But the most thing I'm looking forward to is the realistic running styles of each RB.

forumcrew
yea my rosters on 06 are very up to date. As far as offseason trades or free agents. And Progression for some bigger name players. But EA is lame wiht updating officialy. So if you play online your gonna have a team that is very old and not even correct as of the playoffs. So it will be nice to have proper teams again online.

BackFire
Haven't played an NFL game in years, but this years Madden looks really promising. I used to enjoy Madden on the PSX and N64. I may pick it up.

Smasandian
I just love Madden. It literally gives me months of entertainmen, which no other game does.

I dont play it online though, too much presurre to win, so I just play against the computer in franchise mode.

forumcrew
i used to always do that, but i recently started playing online and ive actually gotten in a lot of good games. Im 4-5 right now started 0-4 so its going alright. I just had the most rediculous loss though that was really frustrating. But its fun adjusting to a real opponent CPU just gets too easy in franchise mode my team is UNREAL.

Smasandian
Well my actual franchise teams are too good, but I generally play 5 years or so with my first team, which I always fantasy draft.

And then, I generally take the original Cowboy's team, fix it up by trading, and then play 7-8 years..

and then play teams that are soo bad, or soo good until roughly start of Superbowl, and then I usually finish playing the game until I buy the new one.

But during the course of time, I play a crap load of games, and spend hours fixing my rosters, drafting and such.

I'm soo exicted about this year's Madden. Pre ordering tomorrow.

forumcrew
yea I have an ATL franchise but Ive developed Schuab into a premiere QB.

Ive heard some bad things about the new game.. like no fantasy draft, and no fatigue.

forumcrew
Features not (or believed not) to be included in 360's version of Madden that are in "current-gen's" version of Madden

***SUBJECT TO UPDATES

* = Believed to be missing, but not 100% confirmed

1. Fantasy Drafts
2. Alternate Uniforms*
3. Defensive Playmaker
4. Mini Camp*
5. 2-Minute Drill*
6. Ability to edit existing players attributes
7. John Madden/Al Michaels Commentary
8. Co-Op Mode
9. Player Fatigue
10. Owner Mode
11. Active Referees
12 Accelerated Clock*

Infinity
hmm madden owns. cept games are way too long.. i play 1minute q's and the game still takes like 15-20 mins

Smasandian
I know for sure that Mini Camp is there.

Are you sure theyre isnt an fantasy draft?

Where did you get this info?

forumcrew
game faq forums which came from somewhere else. im not vouching for it 100%, just what ive heard and this is also for the 360 version.

Smasandian
I figured so.

I cant see them not adding player fatigue, it is in the NCAA version

But out of all the features that are suppose to be missing out.
The only one I care about is fantasy draft and player fatigued.

What was defensive playmaker? Was that the hit stick?

Alternate uniforms, ability to edit current players (which I dont think was present in any Madden, co-op mode (this is definite), accelarted clock.

I never listened to the commantary, or care about the 2 minute drill.

Out of all, hopefully they have fantasy draft.

Smasandian
Check maddennation.com

It goes through the whole game this year.

and yes, they're isnt fantasy draft and no owner mode.

Fatigued is an glitch and will be fixed, and owner mode isnt there.

forumcrew
editing players is big to me so i can keep my game very up to date..

defensive playmaker was some of the stuff you could do pre-snap to alter your D guys plays and also like calling out if its a run or pass play when they snap it to make them adjjust quicker.

Smasandian
Yeah, it sucks, if you like that though, just dl the eventually update.

They're is pre-snap defensive.

Dline audibles: standard shifts and hot routes from last year
LBS: standard shitfs, and hot routs you can blitz left LB, Right LB, Hook zone for all LBs and BLitz all LBs.
coverage audibles: standard from last year, and sift deeps zones left, right and out

That's alot.
They're a few things that annoy me, one being fantasy draft, and another being, when you make a player, you cant just go 99 (which I love to do), but instead you have to mini games to see the final overall number.

But they're a few things that are pretty cool.
The running game is suppose to be awesome. Backs like Alexander will destroy you if you keep on using the hit stick incorrectly. Also, the whole control lineman is pretty awesome too.
You can rehab injuries quicker, and while they're isnt a training camp, they'res still practices to increase the stats of players.

Overall, some features are missing but atleast its much much much better than last years.
And I heard the field gets destroyed when you play. (thats my big thing from before)

Infinity

HELL YEAA DUDE SOCCER WTF UBER BBQ EZPKKZZZZ OWNNNAGEEE ON FOOTBALLS GAY AMERICAN NAME-STEALING ASS smile

forumcrew
i just gont get why they fix some of the problems but create new ones by leaving out simple options/features that have been in the game for years... so retarded.

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by Infinity
HELL YEAA DUDE SOCCER WTF UBER BBQ EZPKKZZZZ OWNNNAGEEE ON FOOTBALLS GAY AMERICAN NAME-STEALING ASS smile

Soccer sucks imo.

American football all the way. At least its legal to tackle to clostheline someone in football.

Smasandian
i just gont get why they fix some of the problems but create new ones by leaving out simple options/features that have been in the game for years... so retarded.

Because people will buy the XBOX 360 version of the game for the next gen graphics no matter how many features are missing.

All the features are present in the current gen games.

forumcrew
ive heard some weird things about current gen too, that they neglected it this year in favor of next gen... i almost wanna just rent them both first and see which one i want.

Smasandian
Probalby a good idea.

I'm not because I dont have Madden for current gen...i gave away my GC.

But I heared that the franchise is deep and not like last year and the gameplay is very good. So im not worried.

AstroFan
I have the 360 version, ive only really played Superstar, but im loving it so far. smile

Smasandian
Its pretty good.

They did alot better job than last year.
It still sucks about the create a player option ( I dont like how you have to play minigames to figure out stats, and you cant redo it) and the fantasy draft.

But the gameplay is incredibly solid aside from a few absent features (one big one was the way you can audible a WR route to get to the first down line, I used all the time)

Wicked graphics too.

AstroFan
I like the presentation, the flashing scoreboard style of everything.

AstroFan

And I heard the field gets destroyed when you play. (thats my big thing from before)

You played in the rain? It looks awesome, the water builds up on the field and reflects.

LordFear
It's an excellent idea with the pressure meter for QBs. Guys like Bledsoe, maybe Manning and such that is realistic for them. As far as guys like M.Vick, D.Brees, Big Ben and stuff, they should have a much longer pressure gauge

Smasandian
The only problem is the whole HoF. It destroys the franchise.

What I did was make an copy of the roster before I started and then started a franchise...so if you played and released some of those guys, you can always go back and fix it.

forumcrew
yea i heard HOF players just sign with teams randomly.

whats this pressure gauge thing the guy is talking about?

forumcrew
http://www.giantmag.com/2006/08/games/ten-reasons-why-madden-sucks/

AstroFan
There are some very stupid points on there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
I hate the create a player option.

Took me a few minutes to create a player, with all the trimmings..did well in the 40 time, did really well in wieghts.

but wait, as LB I had to the game, but its sucks, its horrible and pointless....so what happens...thats right...my guy is 40 with 98 awareness, 80 speed, 75 strength...and guess what,,thats right...0 tackle..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, what else, thats right, i cant redo the camp...ohh nooo nooo, i have to re make the ****ing player again.

and its really annoying when those HOF players are allowed in franchise....because now every team has 99 QB rating.

AstroFan
I just erased Madden from my hard drive completely to restore the rosters.

Smasandian
cool.

but I still hate that create a player option.

The game is good and the football is solid.

But they're a few things that erk me.
No mid saves, no fantasy draft, uniforms dont get dirty even though the game is competly in mud, HoF being in franchise, create a player, and the running game is sometimes to powerful and not powerful enough. Case in point, I kicked ass with Bush, but with Alexander and LT, i would hit the highlight stick and nothing.

Ah well....it will tide me over until next year when the current gens are completly awal.
But the worst move ever was EA picking up the whole entire NFL license. This shit wouldnt be happening if 2k was still around, even though I hate 2k games (buggy piece of shit)

MightyEInherjar
What could make it better? Give the linemen knife-hands...

Smasandian
Huh?

Your question though

Add the features that have been a staple of Madden games for years. Fix the fatigue bug and fix the whole HoF bug.

forumcrew
The HOF thing is stupid too cause its missing a lot of people youd wanna try playing as like montana, elway, marino, broadway joe.

Blanka
make it as a fun a s blitz

Smasandian
Dude, completly different game then.

I traded basically my Dallas team.

My team

Lienart
J.Jones
Polite
WR C Johnson
M clayton for Ravens
Chad Jackson from Pats
got rid of M Rivera.

Defense
Canty
M Peterson from Philly
Spears
Carpenter
B James
Vilma
Ware
Newman
Henry
Huff and R Williams

I thought I did pretty well.

I hate the mini games though.
They're dumb.

QB challenge is alright, while the lineman and defensive lineman are soo ridicoulous dumb. They have a blocker and the star RB. The d line guys are set up like LB's...the problem is that the d line are soo slow and cumbersome that the RB always dekes them out. Its pointless.

DanZeke25
Is QB vision still there? I hate that thing.

Blanka
me too

Smasandian
Only if you press the vision cone button.

forumcrew
i think QB vision was a great add on. Added to realism and forced people to more decisive and accurate at the QB position.

Smasandian
The only problem was that the d-line were way too fast and you got sacked everytime.

It was realistic, but to make it fun, the WR's need to open quicker and the o-line had to be better.

It was defintly more realistic though.

Blanka
i like blitz in the old days it was fake but fun

Smasandian
Yeah, but thats why they have NFL Street.

One thing

Does anybody notice how its impossible to get a sack>?

DanZeke25
I rented it and only played one half so far, but I got a couple of sacks. I was playing on pro though, just to get used to things.

I love it though. I thinks is good as hell. I don't like the kicking system though, where you pull back or whatever, I'm still not sure how to even do that.

Smasandian
Really,

I can get a few with LB's like Ware, but D line, 1 sack.

Umm the actual gameplay is solid, but again its the lack of features.

I think is more rewarding than the old one. And All Madden is alot tougher than last year.

One thing I hate is that some stadiums, the light doesnt shine to field so its really dark. Playing against Philly and I couldnt see any of the players.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.