A loaded shotgun versus, Part Deux

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
I got this idea from the first shotgun thread.

From a foot away, the trigger is pulled: which character could be fast enough to pluck all the individual buckshot out of the air before it struck?

Dizzle
Do they have to do it by individual pieces?

Flash would be the oh so obvious choice... Superman, Silver Surfer, and possibly even Northstar should be able to as well, along with any self respecting, highish level speedster. Venom and Carnage might too, for their sheer number of appendages and natural speed. If it can be caught in one big bundle, the more skilled elastic characters would be able to do so as well, by letting the force stretch them backwards, then just closing themselves around it. (I'm talking Reed Richards and Plastic Man)

I'm assuming guys like Wolverine don't count. (he could let it hit him and embed intself in his stomach... which is technically catching it, but it wouldn't have been done consciously)

TheKahn
Originally posted by Dizzle

Flash would be the oh so obvious choice... Superman, Silver Surfer, and possibly even Northstar should be able to as well, along with any self respecting, highish level speedster. Venom and Carnage might too, for their sheer number of appendages and natural speed. If it can be caught in one big bundle, the more skilled elastic characters would be able to do so as well, by letting the force stretch them backwards, then just closing themselves around it. (I'm talking Reed Richards and Plastic Man)

I'm assuming guys like Wolverine don't count. (he could let it hit him and embed intself in his stomach... which is technically catching it, but it wouldn't have been done consciously)

You might also be able to add in telekinetics, force field users, and Magneto-like characters to that list (all assuming that the characters know the shot is coming).

batdude123
Dr. Polaris
Magneto
Polaris
Jean Grey
Justice
Psylocke
Xorn
Superman
Supergirl
Wonder Woman
Flash
GL (The ring has automated defense mechanisms)
Quicksilver
Northstar
Zoom
Runner
etc...

JOE NUNEZ
Wolverine, he could do anything. wink

Dizzle
Originally posted by TheKahn
You might also be able to add in telekinetics, force field users, and Magneto-like characters to that list (all assuming that the characters know the shot is coming).

Ah, I forgot about Magneto... Telekinetics and force fielders, unless they're freakishly skilled or fast, would probably just block the blast, not catch the pellets.

TheKahn
Ah, I forgot about Magneto... Telekinetics and force fielders, unless they're freakishly skilled or fast, would probably just block the blast, not catch the pellets.

I was thinking along the lines of them just creating a bubble around the gun barrel and thus just collect the bullets in it, although that might not be in the spirit of the thread. wink But you are right as most of them only have only normal human reaction times and would either need a few seconds to prepare or at least know the is coming.

King KAM
neo...from the matrix

Mindship

Yes. As I said, "...pluck all the individual buckshot out of the air..."

Tassadar
Cable, Magneto, Jean Grey, Flash, Prof X, Emma Frost

King_Mungi
Aurora is just as fast as Northstar, but she never gets mentioned. She's my favorite speedster too sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.