Love... A well-known concept

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
Before I talk about this, there's no going back, and excuse my bad way of putting things, but you musn't confuse love with respect. If you still feel, I am wrong on this, I'd be happy to debate and talk about this with you.

------------------

Yes, love is man-made and doesn't hold any factors. No-one can be sure, what love is, or how great it is, or even, if love is true at all! Now some of you might be thinking, 'Love was forever, and will.' or, 'Without love. there is nothing.' and some of you might think, 'God loves you, love is made by god so how can it be false?'.

Well, here's how love started, (not exactly, but an overview). Love started when 'our lord' Jesus, started talking about his visions in the desert, and how bad it is to be alone. With alone being bad, Jesus came up (no he didn't make it up from his mind) with the idea of love, and started talking about how we should love ourt neighbours, our families, our friends, ourselves, god and the trinity. FOR MORE INFO ABOUT JESUS

Now, that we know Jesus is the prophet of love, why is it so worldly known? And don't other religions believe in love? Well, Islam doesn't. Islam belifs. Although in the Qu'ran it says we should love god and eachother, their concept of love is different to christian love. press Ctrl+F and type in 'love'. There you will see that they are actually talking about respecting god's work, and piece with other humans.

The Jews also may believe in relationships, but not love see here. Bhuddists believe in reincarnation and not love. They also belive in respect and kideness. Buddhist beliefs. Nor do the Hindus Hindu beliefs Or the Sikhs. The Sikh's way of love is about treating people as if they were you. Which also falls under respect. (See above.) Even oriental/african/native american and australian/and ancient european beliefs aren't to do with love. Only christianity.

But what is the christian way of love? this website even says Jesus started love, and marriage, a never-ending relationship, of love. (Supposedly.) But, now you're thinking, lots of people from India, Africa and many other places belive in love/marriage. Well, it's more 'freindship' then 'love'. more info on africa, more info on hindus, more info on sikhs.

By saying this, we can say that not only is love man-made by christians, but it is only necessary to those who wanna believe it, so if you don't want to love someone, then don't! It's easy. Why else would people feel the same emotions when heart-broken, when they find out god isn't what they say?

Mindship
At the very least, we should respect one another. That's viable. "Loving one another," on the other hand, seems a bit much to ask, given our current stage of political, economic and psychological evolution. Perhaps, after we really begin to unify as a species, then global love could be something to realistically shoot for.

lord xyz
but love gets in the way of sex. That's probably why you need to love someone to shag them if christian.

Atlantis001
Do you really think that only chirstians know love !? Thats a strange new way to say in other words that chirstianity is better than other religions.

Lord Urizen
Dude...love is universally known by everyone. Some shape or form of love exists within everyone.

the way you love your family, your children, your freinds, etc.

Love is not man made....maybe the name of it is, but its a state of mind..if you are referring to romantic love.

You also don't choose who you love. When you love someone it happens on its own.....

Christian Love is to put God first , everyone else second, and to make sure everyone beleives the same crap you do.

You think Christians got the only right idea of what love is ?

WOW

What world do you come from?

debbiejo
Love is something that we are all born with the desire for as in experiments with chimpanzees show. A little one shunned will be affected mentally.............Love is natural...

lord xyz
love might not be an emotion though. It could all just be in our heads.

Atlantis001
Everything is just in our heads... reality and existence is in our heads.

Lord Urizen
A labridor loves its owner unconditionally, without biases that human beings possess.

Is the Labridor's love Christian Love ? No.....

so not all love is Christian love, love is its OWN thing independent of religion, philosophy, etc.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Everything is just in our heads... reality and existence is in our heads. in our heads, out of our heads and all around us...Well according to Quantum physics..

lord xyz
we aren't born with love. Go to the zoo and stare at the gorillas. Before they kick you out for being an accused gorilla pervert, you'd've learned something.

Animals don't believe in love and marriage, they all **** eachother. It's natural, because we survive by having sex. Why do you think it feels so good? Why does EVERY animal reproduce? There is no love in it. Love is fundamentalism. Attractions aren't love either, they're hormones basically.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by lord xyz
we aren't born with love. Go to the zoo and stare at the gorillas. Before they kick you out for being an accused gorilla pervert, you'd've learned something.

Animals don't believe in love and marriage, they all **** eachother. It's natural, because we survive by having sex. Why do you think it feels so good? Why does EVERY animal reproduce? There is no love in it. Love is fundamentalism. Attractions aren't love either, they're hormones basically.
What a empty and depressing way to view one of the powerful emotions known to man which is equaled only by hate.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
What a empty and depressing way to view one of the powerful emotions known to man which is equaled only by hate. love as in like is not what I'm talking about wink

Lord Urizen
Actually lord xyz LOVE does exist among animals.

Wolves mate for life.

Lionesses risk their lives protecting thier cubs, even defying the natural order by fighting off male lions who intrude on the pride, even after they have proved their worthiness to enter.

Please know more about animals before you judge them that way. Do animals act on impulses? Yes...is SEX one of those major impulses? YES

Does that mean Love doesn't exist in animals? NO fkn way

GET a pet...a Labridor...you'll see how wrong you are.

IS LOVE a made up thing ? No it's not. It exists, but we do not know how to define it.

:FH: Fox
love does exsists in animals. More so than in humans I believe. But to properly understand this topic you must understand what it is you are talking about as in. What is love?

I belive there is only love between two mates, and only those that mate for life. No love for another but your mate, like a dog to a human, the other 'love' is just a bonding. True love is supposed to be for creating the next generation like arctic foxes.

But I don't know what true love is, a crush is not love, and I am too young to want or experiance true love. I am a believer, i will press my point on it later.

Lord Urizen
There are many different types of love.

Could you love your mother more than you love your wife?

Ofcourse you can, Love comes in all degrees, shapes, and other variable aspects.

I for example, beleive I was in Love once. But the more i ANALYZE it..the more i thnk it was JUST INFATUATION and not real love.

It was a totally irrational and obsessive state of mind I was in.....so maybe i never REALLY experienced that yet.

Some people, however, NEVER experience it. So i dunno

debbiejo
Yes, there are many types of love....Affection, desire, kindness, gentleness, goodness, and then erotic.........lol evil face

Lord Urizen
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.