possible error in eldest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cundiff11
I was reading the book eldest the other day for the second time, and i noticed something i never did before. When eragon starts to fight murtgah, (probably spelled that wrong
) murtgah said he needed saphira, not eragon. He said the last egg of galbotorix is male. He said that he needed saphira to mate with him to keep the dragon chain going( basically). Then i thought about it and said, well if saphira is female, then murtgahs dragon thorn must be female or male( i hope!). So if it's female, why would galbatorix need saphira in place of thorn? If it's male, why would galbatorix need to have saphira mate with the third one instead of thorn? It said she is the last female dragon(saphira) but he wouldn't need to wait for the third dragon if thorn is male, which i think he is. Does this make sense to any of you? Thanks.

KingDubya
Originally posted by cundiff11
I was reading the book eldest the other day for the second time, and i noticed something i never did before. When eragon starts to fight murtgah, (probably spelled that wrong
) murtgah said he needed saphira, not eragon. He said the last egg of galbotorix is male. He said that he needed saphira to mate with him to keep the dragon chain going( basically). Then i thought about it and said, well if saphira is female, then murtgahs dragon thorn must be female or male( i hope!). So if it's female, why would galbatorix need saphira in place of thorn? If it's male, why would galbatorix need to have saphira mate with the third one instead of thorn? It said she is the last female dragon(saphira) but he wouldn't need to wait for the third dragon if thorn is male, which i think he is. Does this make sense to any of you? Thanks.
Maybe they're using that as a cover for their actual reason for taking Saphira. They could be trying to justify taking her with a plausible reason. It could be that Galbatorix is trying to consolidate power over all the dragons left in the land, which is most likely, because then he will have no enemy of near-equal or equal power.

~Midnight_Miss~
Thats true...shouldn't this be in the Eldest thread?

Millipilli
Originally posted by cundiff11

you know i never noticed that *rubs chin thoughtfully* and your totally right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.