Superman Gold (power cosmic) Vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MattDay
They both have the same powers given by the power cosmic, plus superman still has his original powers as well, making him, apparently second only to galactus... can silver surfer see an end to this hybrid supes...?

superman41082
How did the whole situation where Superman became one of Galactus' heralds go about????

snoopdogg
Supermans durability in his normal form caught the attention of Reed Richards.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/FF_SUPERMAN-54-55.jpg

Skeets
Surfers gets crushed.Norrin was a normal being who got the power cosmic,Superman was already very powerful plus the power cosmic.

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Skeets
Surfers gets crushed.Norrin was a normal being who got the power cosmic,Superman was already very powerful plus the power cosmic. i dont think it works that way confused

Superboy Prime
Kind of hard to read that scan.

Skeets
Originally posted by General Kon-El
i dont think it works that way confused
Sure it does,now go read the first post the thread maker made.

General Kon-El
But that doesn't make Kryptonian one superman stronger than Silver Surfer.

Skeets
Originally posted by General Kon-El
But that doesn't make Kryptonian one superman stronger than Silver Surfer.
Huh?yes it does there's already a character like this known as the Kryptonian who was only second to Big G

Soleran
I am going with the Kryptonian, superman amped with power cosmic would be sick.

UniOmni
But all it would do is??? There are tons of heralds, and none of them match up to Surfer.......Why should Superman with a dye job be any different?? Marvel said Fallen One had the power to defeat galactus.....Nobody gives him good odds because of narrative hyperbole.
The Kryptonian is like Superman Prime, in more than looks. He has no feats to stand on.
Surfer with his plethora of feats trumps a goldcast Superman with none.

Accel
This is basically Superman + Silver Surfer vs Silver Surfer.

Supes wins.

branhole
superman was just a little below him before but this is overkill

UniOmni
Originally posted by Accel
This is basically Superman + Silver Surfer vs Silver Surfer.

Supes wins.

Gotta disagree by way of lack of evidence. Not all heralds are equal to Surfer, by way of power OR versatility. Why does Superman automatically get that treatment?? Airwalker ain't equal, Nova ain't equal. Terrax ain't equal, and Morg ain't equal(closest though).
Until The Kryptonian gets feats, which he never will, he won't match Surfer. Why?! Because only feats are debatable on vs forums. He has none. Simple stuff.

Accel
What I mean is that normally, Surfer has the advantages of superior speed and matter manipulation over Superman. Now, with Supes empowered with the Power Cosmic, the advantage of matter manipulation is gone.

Plus, Norrin Radd was just an ordinary humanoid before he gained the PC and then became Galactus's est herald. Superman was never an ordinary man, even without the Power Cosmic.. The PC should SIGNIFICANTLY enhance Supes's powers, which would probably make him even faster than Surfer as well.

This is sort of like giving Superman a uru hammer of his own and then pitting against Thor, or giving him a GL ring and then pitting him against Hal Jordon- he would posses the same powerset as Norrin, pretty much negating all of Surfer's typical advantages.

However,Surfer might have the advantage of experience with the PC, though, which may prove very useful for him; you are right, that Golden Superman does not have nearly as many feats as Norrin and he could be as handy with the PC as Kyle was when he first got the GL ring.

Mr Master
Originally posted by UniOmni
Gotta disagree by way of lack of evidence. Not all heralds are equal to Surfer, by way of power OR versatility. Why does Superman automatically get that treatment?? Airwalker ain't equal, Nova ain't equal. Terrax ain't equal, and Morg ain't equal(closest though).
Until The Kryptonian gets feats, which he never will, he won't match Surfer. Why?! Because only feats are debatable on vs forums. He has none. Simple stuff.

I agree most debates should be based on feats, but still Superman amped by the Power Cosmic makes him the second most powerful being in the 616 universe according to Reed Richards, this specific issue was limited in displaying the abilities of a power cosmic superman, but there were a few showings.

Here:

Reed saying Supes is the second most powerful being in the universe.
http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supespowercosmic0fh.jpg

Supes augmented by power cosmic
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supespowercosmic0sv.jpg

Supes knocks the out the Thing with a single swing, the Thing was propelled so hard that when he smashed into a nearly indestructible glass container Galactus himself constructed, he chipped it, allowing Reed to escape who was trapped inside, and ofcourse, superman planned it that way.
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supespowercosmic23cv.jpg

Here Supes attacks Galactus, and is knocked out but survives a direct blast from Galactus.
http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supespowercosmic33ob.jpg

Reed amazed that anyone could survive a blast from Galactus.
http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supespowercosmic49to.jpg

UniOmni
The only problem with that comic is that it disregards 3/4's of the marvel universe. No herald matches a skyfather. No herald matches a celestial. No herald matches Eternity. ETC. Thats the problem. Plus, who's to say he got the same amount of pc as surfer?? Morg didn't, neither did Nova. Theres the flaw in the argument.

UltimateStryfe
who ever wrote that comic was retarded superman fanboy.
surfer wins, i don't care, it's not practical.
super herald, ha!

and, just cause he's more powerful, doesn't mean he can use it as well.

Mr. Universe
^agreed

Surfer.

MattDay
To be honest that is the only thing going for surfer is his experience with the power cosmic, but then again he is up against a hero which always seems to do something to win and with the power cosmic it could be bloody anything lol.

I think 6 out of 10 wins for the hybrid, but surfer can win in various circumstances.

Skeets
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe
who ever wrote that comic was retarded superman fanboy.
surfer wins, i don't care, it's not practical.
super herald, ha!

and, just cause he's more powerful, doesn't mean he can use it as well.
You're just a superman hater,seriously because he's more powerful it doesn't mean he'll win .........laughing

Mider
only reason supes wins is cause he is said to be only below big g im sure there not taking into acount tyrant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.