Season 3 Schedule:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy Archer
Well, I got this from the Lost-Media website, and figured I'd show you guys. It's an article pertaining to how the lost writers are going to deal with the anger of the fans and the "repeats"

Anonymous writes "Excerpt from LA Times article about ABC Upfront:

When it comes to "Lost," it's all about listening to the fans, McPherson said. The drama series about marooned passengers on a mysterious island will return in the fall in its current Wednesday time slot with seven original episodes, and then go on hiatus until January or February, when it will return to the Wednesday night schedule with original episodes until May.

During "Lost's" hiatus, ABC will launch "Day Break," starring Taye Diggs as a detective who literally lives the same day over and over -- and it's a bad one -- for 13 weeks.

"'Lost' is a show people really love. They make an appointment for ," McPherson said. "They absolutely just get furious when it's in repeat. So we want to be able to say to the audience, it's going to be on for this block here -- then bring it back and it will run straight through."

The show's executive producers, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, said today that they're excited about the new schedule and will design the third season around the new airtime order.

"Our audience was incredibly frustrated with repeats," Cuse wrote in an e-mail. "Now when 'Lost' is on, it's on. And, the audience doesn't have to wait all the way until the spring for the show to return, which given the cliffhanger nature of our finale would be too long."

The new non-repeat schedule "allows us to really keep the momentum of our particular type of storytelling," he added.

Morning_Glory
so that means???" Now when 'Lost' is on, it's on. And, the audience doesn't have to wait all the way until the spring for the show to return"

we still have to wait until the fall for LOST to come back blink

which is fine... Im glad its coming back -- you know next season is going to be more about the others -- I bet they have flash backs -- maybe Miss Clue will have an episode happy

Punker69
Haha the writers are going to leave you all on a huge cliffhanger and you're going to have have to wait months to get it resolved.

JustOwnin
Wait we shall ~!!!

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Punker69
Haha the writers are going to leave you all on a huge cliffhanger and you're going to have have to wait months to get it resolved.

who cares... thats what makes it good

Darth Macabre
That's like what Everwood did this year....Went on a long hiatus then came back with all new episodes....Sounds good to me.

InnerRise
I was beginning to think that Everwood had been cancelled.

is it comprehensible.....

Punker69
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
who cares... thats what makes it good

I just dont see why everybody complained about it. I mean waiting a week or two for a new episode isn't that bad. It's how tv shows are. Waiting months for new episodes will probably be even more unbearable to ya'll.

InnerRise
we'll have to wait and see.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by InnerRise
I was beginning to think that Everwood had been cancelled.

It was cancelled....Won't be coming back next year.

InnerRise
I meant cancelled before it came back. I didn't think it was coming back this year, but it did.

Why won't it be coming back next year?

Punker69
Im beginning to think it isn't comprehensible.....

InnerRise
Too bad.

ILoveMyDaniel
So there's a season 3 of Lost? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. droolio Well, It'll be worth waiting over the summer, just like last summer when we were almost ready to see what was in the hatch and then *bang* it went off until the fall. At least I'll have something to look forward to. I don't know what I'd do on Wednesday nights without it.

InnerRise
You'll find out once the series end.

They can't stay on that island forever.

Quincy Archer
Originally posted by Punker69

What do you mean "you all"

You're obviously still watching LOST, even though you "quit" a couple months back. roll eyes (sarcastic)

forumcrew
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=36305

news on season 3

ILoveMyDaniel

Um..obviously I did not. Therefore, there has to be another season. We don't know if Locke and Mr. Ecko are dead, what will happen to Kate, Sawyer, and Jack, etc etc.

choosewisely
hmmm

Darth Macabre

Why can't they stay on the island forever? I'm not saying I want it nor that I think it will, but theoretically, this show could go on forever.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Um..obviously I did not. Therefore, there has to be another season. We don't know if Locke and Mr. Ecko are dead, what will happen to Kate, Sawyer, and Jack, etc etc. Ummm....I said SERIES, not SEASON.

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Why can't they stay on the island forever? I'm not saying I want it nor that I think it will, but theoretically, this show could go on forever.
Nah. No show goes on forever. And they'll run out of supplies eventually. I doubt the majority of them know how to fend for themselves without the supplies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.