Loki vs. Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tdawg14
Surprisingly, this has not been done yet. Takes place in Times Square.

juggernaut66666
Black Adam

complexbrother
Loki will cas a spell , call doen the lighting , and change adam back to his origional body, and then ... splat he's just a stain on Loki's fist.

roughrider
Loki's been swatted by his brother Thor, but Thor knows when to pick his spots. Loki should misdirect Adam for a while, until he finds the right spell to put him down.

D-Block
That's easier said than done but this would be a battle

D-Block
http://images.killermovies.com/foru...ig_91662_wT.gif

Juntai
Originally posted by roughrider
Loki's been swatted by his brother Thor, but Thor knows when to pick his spots. Loki should misdirect Adam for a while, until he finds the right spell to put him down. I don't think Loki's magic is high level enough to **** with Adam. It'd bounce right off, just like with all of the SHAZAM character, he's basically immune to magic.

Juntai
Originally posted by complexbrother
Loki will cas a spell , call doen the lighting , and change adam back to his origional body, and then ... splat he's just a stain on Loki's fist. Oh, you mean he relies on PIS ftw?
How would he even surmise that this would work?

D-Block
yep

Psyquis52
Pure fist to fist? Black Adam wins, but Loki's too smart to go hand to hand with him. He would mess with Black Adam pretty bad but in the end may lose anyway.

However, the really cool idea is that if these two really met they probably wouldn't really fight each other. Loki would probably work with Black Adam and the two of them would take down their respective opponents. I think that is a very interesting proposition.

D-Block
Then Captain Marvel and Thor show up then the main event starts

Big Sexy
If King thor shows up, loki and adam are screwed.

D-Block
yep

UniOmni
Loki is very very powerful. I can't understand why he gets so underrated on this forum....He can handle BA. BA is way too one dimensional, even though he's one of my favorites.
Loki 6.5/10

badabing
Black Adam is one dimensional? Super strength, super speed, flight, invulnerability, great wisdom, yeah he is one dimensional.

UniOmni
In comparison to Loki, yeah he's one dimensional. Truth.
Loki happens to have 3 of the five things you listed for BA as attributes of his own. Not to mention his bounty of other means of taking Adam apart. The only thing Adam has going for him is his flight and superspeed. Loki makes adam look like a one trick pony. And only a blind person wouldn't see that.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by UniOmni
In comparison to Loki, yeah he's one dimensional. Truth.
Loki happens to have 3 of the five things you listed for BA as attributes of his own. Not to mention his bounty of other means of taking Adam apart. The only thing Adam has going for him is his flight and superspeed. Loki makes adam look like a one trick pony. And only a blind person wouldn't see that.

In his defense bada, I could see why he would call him one-dimensional. All of Black Adam's powers are better used in hand to hand combat whereas Loki could attack from a distance or attack the mind or attack the body. He's three dimensional in that sense but no more effective against Black Adam.

badabing
You said Black Adam was "way too one dimensional" and he is not. Don't get your feathers ruffled.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by badabing
You said Black Adam was "way too one dimensional" and he is not. Don't get your feathers ruffled.

This is true. He may be One dimensional but not way too one dimensional. There's a large scope of possibilities that Black Adam could use against him that don't involve breaking Loki's teeth with his fist.

Big Sexy
One dimensional meaning physical is his only means of fighting.

badabing
Well, we just have a difference of opinion. To me, the Hulk is one dimensional. Black Adam is not. He has super speed, super strength, invulnerability, wisdom and magic powers of his own.

Psyquis52
Well, we just have a difference of opinion. To me, the Hulk is one dimensional. Black Adam is not. He has super speed, super strength, invulnerability, wisdom and magic powers of his own.

Haha! So now lets define the term One dimensional.

We have one gent who seems to think that One-dimensional is in regards to what the heroe's/villain's attack perimeter concerns.
(i.e. mind, long-range, hand-to-hand)

And another that believes that One-dimensional is in regards to the many different facets that one could use to his/her advantage.
(i.e. super-speed, super-strength, outwit, etc, etc...)

In my personal opinion two-dimensional is like a street fighter game and three-dimensional is like Super Mario 64 so therefore one-dimensional is Pong. So if you fight like Pong then you are one-dimensional.

Once more my logic beats all. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Seeing as everything about these two is magical-based, it's unlikely Loki's telepathy would work. Same with trying to change him into a normal human being. If I understand it correctly, only the bearer of the power (BA in this case) can do that.

I can't really think of a way Loki has a huge advantage here (though he is versatile). I'd give it to BA 6/10 until proven otherwise. But against a non-magical foe of the same power, I'd give Loki the edge.

badabing
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Haha! So now lets define the term One dimensional.

We have one gent who seems to think that One-dimensional is in regards to what the heroe's/villain's attack perimeter concerns.
(i.e. mind, long-range, hand-to-hand)

And another that believes that One-dimensional is in regards to the many different facets that one could use to his/her advantage.
(i.e. super-speed, super-strength, outwit, etc, etc...)

In my personal opinion two-dimensional is like a street fighter game and three-dimensional is like Super Mario 64 so therefore one-dimensional is Pong. So if you fight like Pong then you are one-dimensional.

Once more my logic beats all. stick out tongue blink

stick out tongue

Blair Wind
I dont know much about Loki...how fast is he in a fight? how fast can he operate is a better question.

roughrider
Loki is a spell caster who won't even try to duke it out with Adam; he'd lose for sure. Someone mentioned the lightning, but that may be too simple. Interesting chess match...

Starscream M
Which god wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/244/76749-60062-loki.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/78791-7192-black-adam.jpg

Sin I AM
BA............But loki makes it interesting

Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki wins. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't. Adam's natural magic resistance would offer him more protection than the normal flying brick but his still too one dimensional to win the majority.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki wins. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't. Adam's natural magic resistance would offer him more protection than the normal flying brick but his still too one dimensional to win the majority. BA is stronger, faster and more durable than Loki

iceman24567
Adam smokes him

Valtot
Black Adam wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you guys are considering the new reincarnated Kid Loki, sure.

Originally posted by Starscream M
BA is stronger, faster and more durable than Loki

So what? Loki's more powerful and versatile.

Something like a simple teleportation or intangible spell would be a tactic Black Adam has no counter for as far as I know.

leonidas
prolly be an easy bfr for loki if nothing else. not sure he could transmute BA. if it got in close loki would be finished. he should be able to buy time with illusions or intangibility to at least bfr adam. not sure he has the straight firepower to put him down with a bfr though--even his tp might not be enough to do any lasting damage considering ba's showings vs jonnz. be a really cool match up in a book.

Sr J-Bieb
*Insert scans of Thor beating Loki up physically*

BA via punches.

King Castle
he could always go and stay intangible and fight BA that way

leonidas
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
*Insert scans of Thor beating Loki up physically*

BA via punches.

yep. if ba gets his mits on him loki is pretty f'd.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor > Black Adam let's get that clear.

But seriously, I think the main reason Thor does so well against Loki besides being Thor, is that he can counter his magic. Balder for example can't kill him through beheading and Thor faces him later on, breaks his arm with a tap, claiming it will be forced to heal naturally.

Also, Loki has shown to be pretty formidable even in hand to hand. Even in that situation, he'd hold his own. It wouldn't be like facing Zatanna where getting his hands on Loki would be the end of it.

I remember Loki creating a Destroyer esque armor that allowed him to go toe to toe with Thor for a while but I'm not sure if that was on the fly.

Originally posted by leonidas
prolly be an easy bfr for loki if nothing else. not sure he could transmute BA. if it got in close loki would be finished. he should be able to buy time with illusions or intangibility to at least bfr adam. not sure he has the straight firepower to put him down with a bfr though--even his tp might not be enough to do any lasting damage considering ba's showings vs jonnz. be a really cool match up in a book.

Based on Loki's showings against the Thor Corps, Bor, Seth, Surtur etc. I think he has the fire power necessary to put him down.

celeyhyga17
Loki has too much in his arsenal. Only way he loses if BA somehow gets within range. That's a scenario I don't really see happening.

Black bolt z
BA.

Black bolt z
Ummm...this exact thread is at the top.

BA.

Badabing
BA punches Loki, and wins.

leonidas
Based on Loki's showings against the Thor Corps, Bor, Seth, Surtur etc. I think he has the fire power necessary to put him down.

the seth showing was likely his most impressive imo. matching ss in power level was solid as well. the thor corps blast was good, but hard to see that hitting adam, nor do i know how much his protection against magic would limit the blast damage. not impossible for him to get a win via simple power, but not likely either imo. i see bfr as the safest route and he would certainly lose h2h if it went any length of time. even armored, thor handled him easily. i think thor even beat down an amped loki physically at some point. and while i agree overall thor>ba, i'd rate their strength levels near enough to call them even. ba can also h2h strike at superspeed so i'd say in h2h ba would be at least as hard to handle for loki as thor would be.

leonidas
Originally posted by Badabing
BA punches Loki, and wins.

accepted to the bran school of debating were we? no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
the seth showing was likely his most impressive imo. matching ss in power level was solid as well.

Matching that Seth in his own realm where his power was boosted was outright crazy even though it was brief.

the thor corps blast was good, but hard to see that hitting adam, nor do i know how much his protection against magic would limit the blast damage.

Why? From everything I've read, Adam is very much the type to try and tank attacks etc. Besides, as seen against the Thor Corps, Loki can use teleportation, illusion spells and such to get in close.

The power needed to easily beating the shit out of Beta Ray Bill and Masterson Thor like that is enough to put Adam down. Course, that's a bit of a higher end showing.

not impossible for him to get a win via simple power, but not likely either imo.

Definitely not impossible. I think if Loki goes power vs. power, he gets like 4/10. Using a higher end Loki, he wins.

i see bfr as the safest route and he would certainly lose h2h if it went any length of time

It is the safest and probably the most effective tactic, but I'm just pointing out that he has other methods.

I agree he'd lose going punch for punch in any really extended time.

Of course, summoning the sword of Frey alone would put things in his favor unless Adam really pours on the speed. With his magical enchanted weapons, and his ability to amp his physical stats, Loki is extremely formidable in combat as seen against the Disir, the Thor Corps etc. He even once started defeating Thor IIRC until Karina brought the storm. Also stalemated him on at least one other occasion.

If he fights him like he has Thor on different occasions, Black Adam would have to pour on the speed to defeat Loki in direct combat -magic etc. not included- as he doesn't have Mjolnir as a counter.

even armored, thor handled him easily. i think thor even beat down an amped loki physically at some point. and while i agree overall thor>ba, i'd rate their strength levels near enough to call them even. ba can also h2h strike at superspeed so i'd say in h2h ba would be at least as hard to handle for loki as thor would be.

Easily? Not from what I recall although Thor tore it to pieces eventually. For what it's worth however, Loki did not have a body at the time I believe and was only a wraith.

I might know the scene your talking about. I believe it's when Loki amped himself with the power of the Wrecking Crew and held his own hand to hand until Thor got really mad, beating him down. Amusingly enough, I don't think he ever lost the amp.

True if Adam poured on the speed, he'd be a problem, but Loki can easily counter with his magic. Illusions, shape shifting, intangibility etc.

leonidas
Matching that Seth in his own realm where his power was boosted was outright crazy even though it was brief.

Why? From everything I've read, Adam is very much the type to try and tank attacks etc. Besides, as seen against the Thor Corps, Loki can use teleportation, illusion spells and such to get in close.

The power needed to easily beating the shit out of Beta Ray Bill and Masterson Thor like that is enough to put Adam down. Course, that's a bit of a higher end showing.

Definitely not impossible. I think if Loki goes power vs. power, he gets like 4/10. Using a higher end Loki, he wins.

It is the safest and probably the most effective tactic, but I'm just pointing out that he has other methods.

I agree he'd lose going punch for punch in any really extended time.

Of course, summoning the sword of Frey alone would put things in his favor unless Adam really pours on the speed. With his magical enchanted weapons, and his ability to amp his physical stats, Loki is extremely formidable in combat as seen against the Disir, the Thor Corps etc. He even once started defeating Thor IIRC until Karina brought the storm. Also stalemated him on at least one other occasion.

If he fights him like he has Thor on different occasions, Black Adam would have to pour on the speed to defeat Loki in direct combat -magic etc. not included- as he doesn't have Mjolnir as a counter.

Easily? Not from what I recall although Thor tore it to pieces eventually. For what it's worth however, Loki did not have a body at the time I believe and was only a wraith.

I might know the scene your talking about. I believe it's when Loki amped himself with the power of the Wrecking Crew and held his own hand to hand until Thor got really mad, beating him down. Amusingly enough, I don't think he ever lost the amp.

True if Adam poured on the speed, he'd be a problem, but Loki can easily counter with his magic. Illusions, shape shifting, intangibility etc.

yeah it was the wrecking crew amp i was talking about. not sure what happened to that amp tbh.

i think the illusions would work, just not sure hjow effective. could get him in close i guess. a double blast to the ears might do the trick, ala thor corps. can't recall if he can o anything else while intangible. i remember a couple intangible/invisible feats (which would also help) but i don't remember him DOING anything while intangible, though i think he casted spells while invisible. i'd have to check to be sure though.

Prep-Man
Depends on if Loki's magical abilities will flat out work. If Dr. Fate has a hard time putting down Black Adam, then I think Loki will have a hard time as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Issue number please.

I really need to re-read the Justice Society comics.

yeah it was the wrecking crew amp i was talking about. not sure what happened to that amp tbh.

i think the illusions would work, just not sure hjow effective. could get him in close i guess. a double blast to the ears might do the trick, ala thor corps. can't recall if he can o anything else while intangible. i remember a couple intangible/invisible feats (which would also help) but i don't remember him DOING anything while intangible, though i think he casted spells while invisible. i'd have to check to be sure though.

I don't either. Maybe it was lost because that physical body was IIRC destroyed by Thor.

I don't believe Adam has any counters for it. There's also the multiple body image trick that he has used against Thor.

I'm pretty certain Loki has cast spells while intangible or at the very least in an Astral Form. Most recently was that Avengers mini were he was using influencing Thor's mind while in an invisible/intangible form from another dimension.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.