civilisation or alpha centauri?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vanice
I'm a huge fan of both of these games. But I can't decide who's the best. I think civ has a better storyline ant more realistic units and inventions (of course!! they all existed) but alpha has got some realy cool stuff, like the workshop. Why can't you construct your own units in other games. It's realy cool. I realy hope they make an Alpha Centauri 2 someday with better graphics then the first one. I would be the first to buy it.

Ushgarak
Alpha Centauri alwaysa got my vote

1. More immersive. The interface is fantastic for this

2. Good use of quotes, speech and vid material to pull you into the discovery side of the game

3. Perfect length for a multiplayer run.

And yes- they should make a new AC with the latest Civ engine, which is very good.

vanice
one thing about "AC" is the uneversity of planet team, they are simoly teh best, you can't loose if you are them.

1. you get one free technology with makes yuo win.

2. And you get a free network node in every city.

3. And your discovery rate is way above others so if you have to fight you have the best weapons and you win.

so next time, sid meyer, try to make the teames moore even.

Ushgarak
Actually, that's not our experience.

At proper difficulty levels- especially in multiplayer- the University has two major drawbacks. First of all, they are open season for people to steal techs from them.

Secondly- and this is why the difficulty has to be high- they are so bloody miserable it can become a semi-regular occurence for their cities to defect to a different side.

vanice
well, never played a multiplaye game. but I've never fought a good university team, still I play best with them. what's your favourite team?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.