x3: why SO MANY?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laurel lebeau
why so many new characters? they all get short, crummy roles with no depth-of-character or proper respect. come on, moronic boss-peoples! put in one or two! STOP MUTILATING X-MEN AND MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A GEEK! (because only die-hard fans know anything about the x-men, everyone else goes off the vidoes) it's easy to see why x-men are a geek joke. *sigh*.... am i the only one who think it's TERRIBLE what they're doing!?

livid and curious

laurel
gambit12

Darth Jello
BRENT RATTNER
-I mean, they might as well have handed over the franchise to Michael Bay or your next door neighbor

laurel lebeau
*muttering angrily to self* ....i could do better....an infant could do better....anyone could do better.... (trails off into angry silence)

gambit12

H. S. 6
I agree.

It's incredibly stupid to have dozens of mutants in the movie, that have some sort of a role, even though that role is reduced to almost nothing.

Silverstein
well atleast there were new mutants

this is a question
would people be happier if rattner just added just 2 new mutants?

mYsTiquE_DuDe
I agree that it's better to have more mutants.It's so stupid and dull to have less and it's not an action!

Silverstein
and maybe the other mutants with small roles, are not supposed to have big roles...you see a lot "humans" in the xmen movies, its just now, these "humans" are now labelled mutants, show off some mutation eye candy and from what most people say, thats a bad thing...?

laurel lebeau
i'm sorry, i didn't quite manage to decipher that. it's too early in the morning. but the mutants we're referring to are NOT just filler characters. i'd understand if they added some new mutants just to look cool. but we aren't talking about making some obscure, small-time mutants have small roles in the film. we're talking about the people in charge taking several well-developed (and some of them, quite established and popular) characters and shoving them all in there to look cool. all at once. not giving them and development or screen time or making them people at all.... the big thing about the x-men is that they are real people, fighting for a cause. they are cool and scary and strange, but they are people. it's like segregation in america. people had to fight to prove they were human, right....? it's kinda the same idea with the x-men. but then we have these movies, and like a little slave boy doing a jig, they are just entertainment, but not real. not people. they are just awesome creatures, like the dinos in jurassic park, or or the characters in harry potter (j/k, i'm playing). even the characters with lots of screen time are getting no character development. they are being left as nothing but cool special fx. it's a mockery of perfectly good characters. maybe this should be called WHY NO DEVELOPMENT!? maybe.

(panting) i'm done with this rant.

laurel
gambit12

X-Woman
I totally agree with you. Too many characters and too little time to develop them.

roughrider
People here seem to think every mutant deserves their own movie. Is that what would satisfy everyone?
Well, I don't need a full-length Callisto or Psylocke film. They can support in the background, that's all I need. Only the biggest star mutants deserve a lion's share of screen time.

laurel lebeau
a lion's share would be unfair, it's true. but that's not what anyone's asked for. all i'm saying is a FAIR share. don't put so many in if you don't have time for them.

gambit12

roughrider
We have yet to see if that's true.

The irony? As many mutants as we're going to see...

...THERE'S STILL NO GAMBIT! ( Too bad.)

Silverstein
yeah, cool characters w/ no development is bad...like in X2 when colossus was shown, and his only line was "i can help you!" that just made me go "wtf?! thats it? *laugh*" but meh, atleast he was in the movie.

Hopefully he'll be in the Wolverine movie, so when they do like a "call back" to the x2&3 movies, seeing Colossus having more of a role with make me feel better then, anyone know what i mean?

laurel lebeau
yup. i know what ya mean.

gambit12

botcherby
At Least Gambit survived the ****ing movie

**** THAT SHIT MAN, I totally enjoyed the film for what it was, I could happily watch it again. But if I switch to comic mode.... WHAT THE ****ING ****?

CYCLOPS.... ****
XAVIER.... NO ****ING WAY

XAVIER AFTER THE CREDITS..... FUGLY!!!!!!!!

MORIA.... COOL

laurel lebeau
stick out tongue

Martinus
I totally agree with you laurel.

Disappear
would you rather magneto's "army" have been faceless, nameless mutants noone would know or recognize? what purpose would that have served? at least there was an attempt to make "familiar" mutants a part of a plot that included SEVERAL HUNDRED mutant characters. callisto, arclight and quill each had their moments to shine, and that was that. angel was thrown in so comic fans would have an appreciable image for the "first mutant cured" idea. it was a two-hour movie. how much time did you want devoted to these "major, important" characters? and who here would consider arclight or quill at all important? arclight's died more times than jean in the comics, and quill's just some punk student. callisto's made at least consistent appearances in the comics, though she's hardly important.

it's a movie. there need to be characters, and not every character gets to be the hero. that's how movies work. why get all up in arms about it?

Britrogue
I liked the fact that there were so many recognisable cameos. But I do think that the film was too short for the amount of characters being introduced, and that the film appeared a little too rushed in places.
But I was happy with the overall effect.

BILLYBILLYBOB

laurel lebeau
haha, lol. i'm seeing the movie monday, but i've heard it's pretty super.... but not from any fellow x-freaks....

gambit12

InnerRise
I have to go , but I have something I posted in another thread on this that I'll post later in here.

is it comprehensible.....

Grimm22
Originally posted by roughrider

...THERE'S STILL NO GAMBIT! ( Too bad.)

Good. smile

laurel lebeau
if you're another one of those gambit-hating creeps who goes onto threads full of gambit fans and whines about how much you hate him, bug off, right now. you're not very bright, obviously, since there are many people here who like gambit, and none who like you. go away.

gambit12

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.