Dark Pheonix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
In X Men 3....her portrayal

they are disregarding the Shiar Empire correct ?

Do you think Dark Pheonix is this movie will be portrayed as the all powerful cosmic entity that she truly is ? Or do you think that fore the sake of plot they are going to minimize her to something Earthbound ?????

I hope they stay TRUE to her comic book identity

NoFate007
They'll probably just make her an extremely strong telepath and such.

Xirius
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
In X Men 3....her portrayal

they are disregarding the Shiar Empire correct ?

Do you think Dark Pheonix is this movie will be portrayed as the all powerful cosmic entity that she truly is ? Or do you think that fore the sake of plot they are going to minimize her to something Earthbound ?????

I hope they stay TRUE to her comic book identity
They wont make her the whole cosmic celestial power thing, the movies deal only with mutants, and no other types of super powers, for that reason, I think they'll stay with her as a powerful mutant.

roughrider
They will make her as powerful a telepath and telekenetic as possible, without any of the cosmic connection. You'd require whole other movies to explain the backstory and establish extraterrestrial elements here.
It's also why Juggernaut is not going to be powered by a mystic crystal, but be a mutant himself with a talent for indestructability and for being immovable. Same reasons. This is about a world divided between mutants and humans only.

Lord Urizen
But I saw an interview with the actress who plays Jean Grey, and when the reporter asked her "What is the Pheonix exactly?"

She said "its this cosmic force who inhabits Jean's body"

I'm sure they will disregard the SHIAR as that is too complicated a story, but i thnk they will keep the fact that she is a Universal force.

They may tie that in with this whole "evolution" idea that the X Men movies are trying to go by. She might be like, "The Spirit of Progression n Evolution" or sum sh*t like that.

DigiMark007
The Shiar was more linked to the cartoon series anyway, where the Pheonix was outside of Jean but it possesses her. In the comics, the Pheonix is the extradimensional entity and all, but it's a natural part of her rather than something that possesses her. The Shiar obviously get involved, but in a slightly different way.

But yeah, for the sake of the movie's time, you can't have that kind of back story. Same with Juggernaut, who's just a mutant in the movie by all accounts.

But if you stay true to the "spirit" of the character, I can understand lapses like these, so it should be fine imo.

Lord Urizen
AS long as she has the power to destroy worlds, im happy.

I just hope they don't depower her severely.

Lord Urizen
I think it would be awesome if like at the VERY END of X men 3, she devours a star lol

or atleast if there is a FOURTH movie that would be hott....

The thing is they better make this good....Dark Pheonix is the most powerful villian in X men, and one of the heavy hitters in Marvel Universe.

She is above ppl like Thanos n Galactus, so they better do a good job with her.

I'm predicting that LATER in the movie series they MAY eventually go to ONSLAUGHT, but even HE is no match for Dark Pheonix.

And btw, they skipped the REGULAR Pheonix story lol but yeah they had to so....

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I think it would be awesome if like at the VERY END of X men 3, she devours a star lol

or atleast if there is a FOURTH movie that would be hott....

The thing is they better make this good....Dark Pheonix is the most powerful villian in X men, and one of the heavy hitters in Marvel Universe.

She is above ppl like Thanos n Galactus, so they better do a good job with her.

I'm predicting that LATER in the movie series they MAY eventually go to ONSLAUGHT, but even HE is no match for Dark Pheonix.

And btw, they skipped the REGULAR Pheonix story lol but yeah they had to so....

Onslaught?? Keep dreaming. He was a crossover villian more than strictly an X-Men villian.

Realistically, they have to tell a story that doesn't require a lot of background knowledge. They have to appeal to the masses, not the comic book geeks (us).

Within X-Men continuity, the biggest villians have been Magneto, the Sentinels (along with various government forces), and Apocalypse. Something with Sentinels is probably the most likely, then Poccy...but he's a touch unbelivable too for the average movie-goer. But the chances of Onslaught are next to nothing. Sorry... erm

....and while I agree it'd be cool if she destroyed a star or something, the closer to "realistic" they keep it, the more easy it is for average fans to digest (i.e. people who don't read comics). Anything too cosmic, and you start to lose people.

Lord Urizen
But atleast cosmic suggestion bro.

I couldn't care less about Onslaught, i was just making an example, and they'd have to put spider man and FF together for that.

If they make Dark Pheonix weaker than a future Apocalypse, i will SCREAMMMMM PIS lol

grey fox
She better be wearing the damn costume....

He-guy88
i think she wont be exalty be dark pheonix but not reg either i think its gonna be somewere in between but they will call her dark pheonix

Scoobless
Saw it last night.....I can't believe they killed off so many mutants.... including Cyclops and the Professor.... (well.... almost the Professor)

Lord Urizen
Yeah i heard so many people die in this movie

OOPPPPS blowup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.